PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here on WoW?

Nightfyre
06-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Just curious....

chop
06-12-2005, 02:04 PM
What's WoW?

Hammock Parties
06-12-2005, 02:05 PM
World of Warcraft. The latest massively multiplayer online role playing game. It's Star Wars Galaxies, with goblins and knights.

I don't play it...

Nightfyre
06-12-2005, 02:09 PM
World of Warcraft. The latest massively multiplayer online role playing game. It's Star Wars Galaxies, with goblins and knights.

I don't play it...
No, SW Galaxies is a joke of an mmo...

Pants
06-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Except from what I heard, Star Wars Galaxies completely sucks cock while World of Warcraft is amazing. I've only played WoW on my friends computer (got to level 4 I think) and don't see myself paying a monthly fee for that.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Granted I haven't played WoW but SWG was extremely fun for the 2 months I played it. The first time I started playing I didn't stop until it was 24 hrs later. I didn't even eat. ROFL

Nightfyre
06-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Granted I haven't played WoW but SWG was extremely fun for the 2 months I played it. The first time I started playing I didn't stop until it was 24 hrs later. I didn't even eat. ROFL
It's just poorly developed and managed. It was released when it should have been in alpha testing. Then they had to compensate for their mistakes by deleting all jedi characters, pissing off a lot of customers...

Valiant
06-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Beta'd WOW, awesome but my friends play guild wars so that is what i play also.. that and city of heroes... SWG is the biggest piece of shit mmrpg ever made... They did not do one thing right on that game.. The only people that say it is awesome are the damn fanboys, who are virgins and live with their mothers..

Hammock Parties
06-12-2005, 02:22 PM
It's just poorly developed and managed. It was released when it should have been in alpha testing. Then they had to compensate for their mistakes by deleting all jedi characters, pissing off a lot of customers...

I did hear it was a bugfest at the beginning. I waited a year or so to jump in and my experience was smooth.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Beta'd WOW, awesome but my friends play guild wars so that is what i play also.. that and city of heroes... SWG is the biggest piece of shit mmrpg ever made... They did not do one thing right on that game.. The only people that say it is awesome are the damn fanboys, who are virgins and live with their mothers..

I didn't really have any other MMORPG experience to compare it to, but I had tons of fun.

KcMizzou
06-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I Have a 60 priest on Dragonblight...

Sparhawk
06-12-2005, 03:03 PM
WOW is AWESOME! Much better than EQ!!!!

Bowser
06-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Anybody tried the Matrix MMORPG?

|Zach|
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Anyone tried the Chiefs Planet MMORPG?

KcMizzou
06-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Battlegrounds is the best thing they've done since launch. It's a good thing I'm done leveling, because I can't seem to stay out of the Alterac Valley. Nothing like collecting severed elf heads and dwarf spines for bounty. (from other players)

It helps that the horde has almost no wait time on my server. (To get into the BG instances, I mean)

Hammock Parties
06-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Anyone tried the Chiefs Planet MMORPG?

I'm a level 14 Icon. Almost reached level 15.

Hydrae
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I Have a 60 priest on Dragonblight...

My dwarf hunter is at level 50 right now on Feathermoon.

The biggest complaint I have heard in regards to Battlegrounds is due to the imbalance of Alliance to Horde makes it hard to get in with less than an hour wait. I haven't tried it yet.

I am hopelessly addicted to this game. This is my first MMORPG so I have nothing to compare it to but the graphics and backstory to the world are great! There are so many different play styles that can fit. With my hunter, I usually go after animals and stay out of most of the instances. Good thing the hunter character is conducive to soloing.

KcMizzou
06-12-2005, 05:36 PM
My dwarf hunter is at level 50 right now on Feathermoon.

The biggest complaint I have heard in regards to Battlegrounds is due to the imbalance of Alliance to Horde makes it hard to get in with less than an hour wait. I haven't tried it yet.Yeah, alliance on DB are complaining of long waits as well. They out-number us about 2.5/1. Horde can get right in. (My priest is undead... love that devouring plauge)

You've really gotta give the Alterac Valley a try sometime. 40 vs 40 Pvp, with bases.. Elite Npc reinforcments.. and all kinds of gathering quests to help w/ resources for your faction.

Warsong Gulch is smaller. 10 vs 10... capture the flag. It's esp. great if you have problems w/ lag in the larger raid groups.

It took me a while to learn to be effective in Pvp, but now I'm hooked. And yeah... I'm just as addicted to the game in general as you say you are.

Nightfyre
06-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I am with The Syndicate on Zul'jin. I hope you guys are playing horde... *****ing alliance* Kill many gnomes and Night elves for me :)

petegz28
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
WOW is AWESOME! Much better than EQ!!!!

I play EQ and really like it. Although they charge and that sucks everyone I have talked to who has played WoW says EQ is better except for the $'s you pay to play.

Pants
06-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I play EQ and really like it. Although they charge and that sucks everyone I have talked to who has played WoW says EQ is better except for the $'s you pay to play.

You must be confused. You have to pay for WoW as well. EVERYTHING I have seen/read says that WoW is the best online RPG ever.

Megbert
06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I am on WoW. On Thunderlord. I play mostly Horde, I do play one alliance character on occasion on another server.
Cacahuate is a Tauren Druid level 43.
I have other characters on the same server all.
Frankthe Orc Warrior level 13
Creosote Tauren Shaman level 11
Finkelstein Undead Priest level 5.
I have played in the BG's the capture the flag one once it was a blast. I haven't been to many contested areas since launch of BG but I wonder how much the BG's have affected ganking.

KcMizzou
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I wonder how much the BG's have affected ganking. Dunno.. but it sure seems odd to see Tarren Mill and the Crossroads so quiet all the time.

Megbert
06-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Dunno.. but it sure seems odd to see Tarren Mill and the Crossroads so quiet all the time.

Yeah I went to TM for the first time since BG's being implemented and I was astounded to be able to get outta there with out reclaiming my corpse 3 times. Gonna try Stranglethorn Vale/BB soon.

jspchief
06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Damn, I need to get a new computer. I have an unopened WoW sitting next to my rig that doesn't have the specs to handle it. :sulk:

Nightfyre
06-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Thats rough JSP. The game is totally worth a new computer lol.

Valiant
06-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Damn, I need to get a new computer. I have an unopened WoW sitting next to my rig that doesn't have the specs to handle it. :sulk:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7124774&type=product&id=1109937811602

also has the new pci xpress slot for the newer graphic cards... usually can find it for 550 after rebates...

Hydrae
06-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Thats rough JSP. The game is totally worth a new computer lol.

I was originally playing on a friends account at work. I used this game as an excuse to finally get around to upgrading. Now that computer is used almost exclusively for WoW, much to my wife's dismay. :D

cheeeefs
06-12-2005, 10:59 PM

I play WoW on an 800 dollar laptop that doesn't meet system requirements either. I play it on top of a bag of frozen vegetables so it doesn't overheat.

I have a 40 mage lilpnkfriend on mannorath horde and a 27 warrior and a 20 warlock... I only started a month ago so I'm behind the powercurve no 60's. I've played MMORPG's for umm... 8 years now, starting with UO, then EQ1 then DAOC, and now WoW. EQ1 when it first came out was absolutely the best, never had more fun playing an MMORPG, however I think WoW is a superior product.

yeah I LOVE the BG's, huge reason I'm only lvl 40 still, as a mage I own warsong.. absolutely own it. I had 140 hk's in one battle, next person to me had 90 (it was a relatively long fight) the balance of the classes are amazing, other than cheaty ass never die paladins.

and yes SWG did suck ass, me and my family were in and out of that game stat.

heh My entire family plays, my mom is a 60 priest with various other alts from 50 on down, dad is a 60 druid, brother is 60 rogue, sister and brother in law are both 60's on lightbringer. Girlfriend is lvl 30ish. heh my guild is doing Molten Core right now, I'm so jealous! 20 more lvl's and I'll be there :).

Anyways, more than you wanted to know I'm sure. G'night, I'm going to bed!

RedDread
06-12-2005, 11:20 PM
59 Shaman on one of the newer servers here-- Eldre'Thalas

I love how much the alliance complains about my class, whine more plzkthx =)

Battlegrounds is the best stuff ever, should keep me entertained when I hit lvl 60 fo sho'

David.
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
46 rogue, but I haven't played it in a couple weeks. I just have no motivation to level. I guess I'm not much of an mmorpg'er.

KcMizzou
06-13-2005, 12:10 AM
the balance of the classes are amazing, other than cheaty ass never die paladins.
immune immune immune immune

:grr:

keg in kc
06-13-2005, 12:12 AM
I quit about two months ago. Had a level 50 warrior on Illidan but left that server because it was a gankfest, then got to 60 with another warrior on Cenarion Circle. I'm the kind of guy who loves the levelling and exploring but hates the high level game because I'm a loner, so I can't do any of the cool end game stuff. Once I've explored the world, there's really nothing left I can do without joining a guild, and I'm just not someone that makes many friends. I really miss the game sometimes, but by the day I finally quit for good, it was more frustrating than anything. I think I spend more time being miserable than having fun. Figure I'll stick to single player games from now on, because I went through exactly the same thing with EQ and SWG.

RedDread
06-13-2005, 02:28 AM
This game has taken ahold of me like no game I've ever played before. Blizzard has the magic touch. If they're still making games when I'm 70 I'll buy em.

The Thing that makes WoW so great is the challenge comes from learning to play your class correctly, and when in instances, knowing your party's strengths, weaknesses, and limits. The more skilled each party player is, the better chance of survival the group has as a whole.

Quests actually mean something, in game currency has an actual value, and there is never a "low point" in the game. The Horde Vs Alliance PvP model makes it all the more sweet at the end game as well =)

I love not having to grind for levels like I did in previous MMO's.

*quietly stuffs playoff from blizzard into his pocket*

Gravedigger
06-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Im playing it right now and it's addicting. Every MMORPG that I've tried to play has been exhausting but this one is fast paced and it just works. Now if it was like Guild Wars and you didn't have to pay a monthly fee then it would be the best... but alas it is not... :(

cheeeefs
06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
monthly fee is worth IMO. It makes sure that they stay on top of things, constantly improving the game. There is no end product to WoW, it is a dynamic world.

I'm off to lvl my mage, I finally found some buddies to enact the plan basically 3 arcane mages, 2 priests and many many mobs at same time. I am averaging 15k exp every 25 minutes so almost 40k per hour. At 30's/40's thats pretty nice, and it will only get better ;).

jspchief
06-13-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7124774&type=product&id=1109937811602

also has the new pci xpress slot for the newer graphic cards... usually can find it for 550 after rebates...

Aren't E-machines crap?

Doesn't matter. I'm not the type to buy the cheap version of anything. I do think I'll probably go the Best Buy Card route, for the no interest thing, but I've been buying the sh*t out of other home electronics lately, so I have to wait a few months.

I was planning on building my own rig, but my Chiefs season tickets shot that budget.

I'm currently on an old AMD Athlon 750 Gateway, that's been suped up as much as is worthwhile, but it just doesn't have the processor to handle that game. I tried to install it, and it wouldn't even finish the install.

KcMizzou
06-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Aren't E-machines crap?
Depends, on who you ask, I guess. I was on a budget. I had two choices... Go that route... or do without. I've had really good luck with mine.

Did have to add another 256 of RAM to help with lag on WoW , though.

jspchief
06-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Depends, on who you ask, I guess. I was on a budget. I had two choices... Go that route... or do without. I've had really good luck with mine.

Did have to add another 256 of RAM to help with lag on WoW , though.I wouldn't mind getting something that was a bit cheaper, with room for expansion. But it seems like most of the money is the processor anyway, so I might as well get a good one.

It's a tough call. Like I said, I'd prefer to build my own, even though I probably don't know near enough to pull it off. If I could put components on my Best Buy card, I would go that route.

Pants
06-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't mind getting something that was a bit cheaper, with room for expansion. But it seems like most of the money is the processor anyway, so I might as well get a good one.

It's a tough call. Like I said, I'd prefer to build my own, even though I probably don't know near enough to pull it off. If I could put components on my Best Buy card, I would go that route.

As you might know my computer got fried 2 days ago. I was looking at cyberpowerinc.com and came up with a pretty bad ass machine for $815 without monitor, with shitty mouse/keyboard/speakers (already have all that anyway).

The specs were:

AMD 64 3200+
1 Gig Crosshair RAM (the good shit, not Best Buy BS)
GeForce 6600 GT
160 Gig HDD
nForce4 mobo with 7.1 on board HD sound
Dual layer DVD-RW +/-
450 watt PS case with 4 fans
Free shipping and free HL2 with it

Eleazar
06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
after being sucked in by EQ I avoid this type of game.

-Cochise
Recovering MMORPGer

Nightfyre
06-14-2005, 10:50 AM
bump just in case.

KcMizzou
06-14-2005, 10:57 AM
bump just in case.
stupid maintenance

AustinChief
06-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Anybody out there on Nathrezim?

Nightfyre
06-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah, dumbass maintenance.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Except from what I heard, Star Wars Galaxies completely sucks cock while World of Warcraft is amazing. I've only played WoW on my friends computer (got to level 4 I think) and don't see myself paying a monthly fee for that.
SWG is crap. Nothing to do (when I played) except sit around and craft shit.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:25 AM
I played Ultima Online for a few years. I was hooked, to the point where I made it an obsession to wake up at 5:00 AM to get a fruit basket (a rare item). I got bored with it eventually thank goodness, but now I doubt i'll ever play another MMORPG that has a maintenance fee.

Ya know, i've actually gotten hooked on Diablo 2. Its still fun to me, and its free online play.

Nightfyre
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I played Ultima Online for a few years. I was hooked, to the point where I made it an obsession to wake up at 5:00 AM to get a fruit basket (a rare item). I got bored with it eventually thank goodness, but now I doubt i'll ever play another MMORPG that has a maintenance fee.

Ya know, i've actually gotten hooked on Diablo 2. Its still fun to me, and its free online play.
I phase in and out of Diablo 2. I also played UO obsessively... And bored of it.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I phase in and out of Diablo 2. I also played UO obsessively... And bored of it.
I started playing a little bit before they seperated it in to Trammel and Felucca. Fel was then empty, as all the pussies went to Trammel to hide from PK's. It got quite boring after you couldn't "grief" anymore.

Mr. Laz
06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
i played diablo II for a couple of years and loved the online play. it's not a true RPG ... more an action adventure//RPG

but it was still great

i've seen WOW but haven't tried it yet.

Mr. Laz
06-14-2005, 11:32 AM
as all the pussies went to Trammel to hide from PK's. It got quite boring after you couldn't "grief" anymore.

it figures your a Pk'er :mad:

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:39 AM
it figures your a Pk'er :mad:
Hell yes. I'd PK noobs for no reason whatsoever. It was fun. When they seperated the realms though, the people who didn't like getting PK'd moved to the "safe" realm. My buddies and I had to get a bit more creative after that. We made a guild, and lured people in to it by promising great times, great loot, and great monster hunting. Once they were in the guild, you could attack them freely. Hehe.

Mr. Laz
06-14-2005, 11:41 AM
PK'ers = teh Scum

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
PK'ers = teh Scum
No way. Cheaters/scammers/dupers=scum. P

Pennywise
06-23-2005, 01:27 PM
A buddy of mine at work is big into this game and explained this to me and the audio is really funny.

Leeroy gets the troops killed.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/leeroy.html

KcMizzou
06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
A buddy of mine at work is big into this game and explained this to me and the audio is really funny.

Leeroy gets the troops killed.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/leeroy.html

Yeah, "Pulling a Leroy" has become a cliche.

"Least I have chicken."

KC Kings
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Is it a rpg? If so I am going to quit reading. I never played RPG's, and made fun of all of you dorks that waste your life contstantly playing them.

Then one day somebody on here creates a post about High Descent. 3 months later I am spending at least 2 hours a day trying to get all of my attacks in, and my wife and friends are laughing at me for being a RPG dork.

unlurking
07-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Man, I just picked up WoW. Haven't played an MMORPG for since EC about a year ago, and the Kaerdoth free UO shards back in the 90s.

For all those that love WoW, what the hell is wrong with the group system?!?! There is almost nobody looking to group at lower levels. I've gotten to the point where I need to group for my available quests (priest 9) and the only people out there are retarded as hell and pull 10 frickin mobs every frickin time.

Gotta say, pretty disappointed at this point. So far, it seems like an easier version of EC, with stupid people and little group interaction.

Valiant
07-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I am currently playing guild wars and battlefield 2.. more BF 2 then anything... Also city of heroes agian when city of villians comes out...

RedDread
07-04-2005, 12:48 AM
http://wow.azzor.com/my/wowidol

Best by far are "The Ganker" and "Orc Battlecry"

there's actually gonna be a vote within the week for the best one.

BTW 60 Shammy 38 Druid...

10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Comedy central is showing the Southpark WoW episode now.

patteeu
10-07-2006, 01:04 AM

I would love to play WoW, but I'm stuck in dialup country with very little prospect of getting broadband anytime soon. :sulk: :sulk:

Hammock Parties
10-07-2006, 01:08 AM
I refuse to play this game because it might destroy me.

patteeu
10-07-2006, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't mind getting something that was a bit cheaper, with room for expansion. But it seems like most of the money is the processor anyway, so I might as well get a good one.

I'm confident that you'd have no problem building your own, but it's hard for me to see any economic benefit in going that route. It's only worth doing if you'd get something out of the do-it-yourself aspect or if you think learning about how the components go together would be worthwhile. If cost is the primary issue, you should just keep your eye out for good deals from a reputable vendor.

Edit: Doh! I just realized how old this post was. :redface:

ChiefFripp
10-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Paladins OWN ALL....except Shammys.

Shammy cheaters! :)

Raiderhater58
10-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Level 60 Undead mage

Laughing Skull

Been Playing since release, have various other characters.

BG's are fun but enjoy them while you can getting ganked by Geared out 60's in AV gets old fast....That is until you yourself become geared out :)

GoTrav
10-08-2006, 06:30 AM
yep, on Uldaman Horde...

edit: wow, there's a lot of people...we should all reroll on one of the new servers...

JBucc
10-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Damn, I need to get a new computer. I have an unopened WoW sitting next to my rig that doesn't have the specs to handle it. :sulk:That must be one POS computer. I can play it on my el cheapo laptop from WalMart.

boogblaster
10-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Im currently playin myself..dont think Ill try them frozen vegies tho...

kcxiv
10-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I am with The Syndicate on Zul'jin. I hope you guys are playing horde... *****ing alliance* Kill many gnomes and Night elves for me :)
You ever hear of OSW Horde? They were an old Guild on my everquest server. Terik thier leader, is pretty bad ass player.

kcxiv
10-08-2006, 07:58 AM
46 rogue, but I haven't played it in a couple weeks. I just have no motivation to level. I guess I'm not much of an mmorpg'er.
naw, its a solo game til you hit 60 man. I was the same way took me forever to hit 60 cause i couldnt get motivated. I stoppedplaying a few times, but now i play with friends casually on Gul'dan. I am only like level 21 undead War right now. Once you hit 60, if our into PvP Alteric Valley is pretty darn fun.

kcxiv
10-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Is it a rpg? If so I am going to quit reading. I never played RPG's, and made fun of all of you dorks that waste your life contstantly playing them.

Then one day somebody on here creates a post about High Descent. 3 months later I am spending at least 2 hours a day trying to get all of my attacks in, and my wife and friends are laughing at me for being a RPG dork.
Thats how i was when i was first introduced and asked to play Everquest, i was like F that rpg's are for nerds, no way i am playing it. Well my friends that got me into it, her and her hubby are kinda nerds, but she is a good friend like a sister to me, anyways, they bought me the game. Soi was like ok,i will try it out, 5 years later i am still playiing .lol.

Hydrae
10-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I just reactived my account this weekend in anticipation of the expansion coming out soon. 2 level 60's and a couple of lower crafters and I am sitting pretty good for when the Dark Portal opens.

The Red Sea
10-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm 40 but I've played games all my life.
Especially since I was there when the first NON pinball machine appeared in my local arcade.
From that day forward I've always enjoyed taking care of any bored times by playing a game or two.
That said...
One of my close friends tried to talk me into joining WoW for 6 months..I put it off because I have plenty of online games that do Not cost a monthly fee to play.
However my friend kept on me..its incredible youll never get bored you'll never finish the game theres always something new to see every time you play.
$14 dollars is like two less trips thru a drive thru.
One trip to the movies.
You wont feel a need to play a diff game or buy one for some time.
Blah blah blah.

Then I decided for $29 at Walmart you get one month free.
That said I decided I'd see what all the talk is about.
My friend was right.
The game is absolutely incredible!
Its a Gamers orgasm to be sure.

When the kids go to bed & I dont think I'm going to do any Bed wrestling I'm on Wow for many an hour straight!

Everytime I sign on I see something I never saw before.

Yes I will occasionally grumble over the $14..imagine with the millions of people playing the Cash that company is making???

They could make millions profit & only charge $5 a month etc.

Anyhow the games awesome.

I've only played 2 months but I'm addicted.

Server "scarlett Crusade"
Level 36 Human Warlock!

jspchief
10-08-2006, 10:07 AM
That must be one POS computer. I can play it on my el cheapo laptop from WalMart.Actually, it was a great computer when I bought it. I had upgraded everything I could over the years too, so it did well for me. But there's little you can do about a processor, and that's where I fell short for WoW.

Fortunately, since I made that post a few months back, I got a new computer. I'vew been playing WoW for a few weeks now, and am totally hooked. It's too bad they don't allow you to jump realms, because it would be cool to get a party going from here on the Planet.

11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I am trying to get the free 10 trial key for WoW but the page just keeps reloading itself everytime I try it. Anybody else have this problem?
http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/verify.aspx?b=6816&u=http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/wow_raf_key.aspx

11-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Well I got in. Is there anyone here that could give me a walkthrough of the game? Already stuck on the first quest because I don't know where to find a damn kolber vermin.

StcChief
11-24-2006, 08:24 PM
my kid's a stud at this....

I don't follow it.

11-24-2006, 08:35 PM
my kid's a stud at this....

I don't follow it.

That's great. Unfortunately, that just doesn't help me. :shake:

Pants
11-24-2006, 08:39 PM
That's great. Unfortunately, that just doesn't help me. :shake:

How about you read the goddamn quest log. It'll tell you exactly where to go.

Ultra Peanut
11-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I am not an R-tard. :(

I saw a WoW commercial on ESPN2 using footage from Office Space. Bizarre.

11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
How about you read the goddamn quest log. It'll tell you exactly where to go.

Thanks for the advice but I already read the goddamn quest log. It didn't help me one bit. Says go north into the forest. I went north into the forest to every space I could find and still no damn vermin. Bunch of workers and laborers but no vermin.

Gotta love the people that just assume everyone is an idiot because they ask questions.

SCChief
11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the advice but I already read the goddamn quest log. It didn't help me one bit. Says go north into the forest. I went north into the forest to every space I could find and still no damn vermin. Bunch of workers and laborers but no vermin.

Gotta love the people that just assume everyone is an idiot because they ask questions.

Sounds like you are playing a human. The kobold vermin wander around the campfires where the laborers are.

11-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Sounds like you are playing a human. The kobold vermin wander around the campfires where the laborers are.

Thank you. Guess I will just go lie in wait around the campfires then.

SCChief
11-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you. Guess I will just go lie in wait around the campfires then.

What server are you on, and what is your character name? I may be able to hop on and help you get started.

11-25-2006, 01:18 AM
What server are you on, and what is your character name? I may be able to hop on and help you get started.

thanks for the offer. I think I have things under control now. I may look you up in the future if I stick with it though. Just on a 10 day trial right now.

CoMoChief
11-25-2006, 01:42 AM

I don't play it...

I'm not gay so no.

KcMizzou
11-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm not gay so no.Butters, go buy a copy of the game and join the online sensation before we all murder you.

RedDread
11-25-2006, 02:53 AM
So much has changed since my last post on this thread (June '05) Since then I've sold my first account that had two 60's and had my second account with 3 level 60 characters banned. I loved the game so much but when I started working I just didn't have time to play. So I started botting when my schedule shifted to conflict with my raid times.

I know that Blizzard says that you can get something accomplished with a limited amount of playtime but and no matter what they say it's still an MMO and to really succeed in the game it takes time.....time that is not available with a 40+ hour a week job/real life/military weekend. So to keep up with my guild (now 8/12 bosses in Naxx btw) I farmed mats, botted and leveled alts in preparation for the expansion, knowing that I would have a chance to rejoin them once the guild restructured for the 25 man raids at level 70.

Alas someone got their panties in a bunch and reported me, so I figured I wasn't actually sitting and playing the game more than 4 hours a week, and hence it wasn't worth my $15/mo anymore. And there's no way in hell I'm paying for another copy just to start over again before The Burning Crusade comes out in January.

It was fun while it lasted (and I had free time)...