Bootlegged
06-14-2005, 11:14 AM
per ESPN news

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Luck the Fakers

Mr. Laz
06-14-2005, 11:16 AM
poor decision by jackson imo ... you really never want to go back.

besides i like Jackson, but now i will have to root against him because of that schmuck kobe byrant.

tsk,tsk ... tis a shame

munkey
06-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Stupid move my Phil IMO..

Saulbadguy
06-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Stupid move my Phil IMO..
yup.

munkey
06-14-2005, 11:21 AM
yup.

All boils down to money and control....

shakesthecat
06-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Sweet!

chagrin
06-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Well, he's banging the owner's daughter, so that makes sense

Brock
06-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Kobe owns Phil.

KC Dan
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Exactly! And, the Lakers are proven to spend whatever it takes to win a Championship and Phil wants #10. Players will want to go there for the money and the opportunity to win a title. There was ZERO chance that he would have gone to Memphis, Denver, or any small market team and NY has been a proven loser for the past 20 years. His best chance to get #10 is with LA and banging the owner's daughter is an added bonus.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Thank you jesus.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Outstanding, now lets go find a big man and get this thing rolling again.

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Outstanding, now lets go find a big man and get this thing rolling again.
Shawn Bradley perhaps? :clap:

HemiEd
06-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Luck the Fakers and the NBA

I fixed your post. :p

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I fixed your post. :p
ROFL I rep'd ya'. Thanks for fixing.

Brock
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Does this mean Cali Injun can come back?

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 11:52 AM
any pics of Jeanie?

Logical
06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Kobe owns Phil.Which is why without the Diesel this move is a bad one.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Which is why without the Diesel this move is a bad one.

Tell me your not glad he's back.

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 11:55 AM
"I'm not glad he is back". There I told you.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Phil was saying things needed to be worked out so that he could come back and make an impact from a player perspective. I have no idea what that means but I could speculate. My guess would be that Phil and Kobe have worked things out to move forward, I certainly hope so. I don't think Kobe owns Phil either, I think he appears to own Jerry Buss though.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:00 PM
..and LA continues to be more of a public spectacle than a real team. Phil is a wishy-washy freak. He fits in well there.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:04 PM
..and LA continues to be more of a public spectacle than a real team. Phil is a wishy-washy freak. He fits in well there.

Phil is the greatest coach of all time and the Lakers are the greatest BB team of all time. I don't know where the **** you come up with this shit.

Logical
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM

I would be ecstatic he is back if we could now trade Kobe for several quality players that want to play team ball. As it is Kobe won't play Phil's game so though I expect improvement it won't be all that much.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I would be ecstatic he is back if we could now trade Kobe for several quality players that want to play team ball. As it is Kobe won't play Phil's game so though I expect improvement it won't be all that much.

Kobe needs to grow up. Maybe a year of losing will open up his eyes a little. I don't think Phil would have come back if he hadn't worked things out with Kobe first. Either that or they plan on trading him but I just don't see that happening.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Phil is the greatest coach of all time and the Lakers are the greatest BB team of all time. I don't know where the **** you come up with this shit.
ROFL

That was toooooo easy man...

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Kobe needs to grow up.
I wonder how many more years people will be saying that.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
ROFL

That was toooooo easy man...

Oh that was supposed to be smack talk? :shake:

OK

Brock
06-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Phil is the greatest coach of all time and the Lakers are the greatest BB team of all time.

If he coaches that turd to a championship, I'll probably agree.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Wow I didn't realize O'Neal could be available this summer. Lakers have some serious salary cap issues ahead the next 2 seasons, I wonder what they are going to do about that.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
No way he coaches the current turd to a championship. The Fakers will have to go out and spend lots of money, get a couple of premiere players... which won't be hard to do with him being back... THEN he'll win a championship with the NEW team they assemble for him. And he'll still be only half the coach Larry Brown and Greg Popovich are. He'll still be nothing more than a pretty smart, really strange guy with an offense and the ability to not screw it up when he has a loaded line-up.

Phil Jackson isn't even a top 10 coach.

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 12:32 PM
No way he coaches the current turd to a championship. The Fakers will have to go out and spend lots of money, get a couple of premiere players... which won't be hard to do with him being back... THEN he'll win a championship with the NEW team they assemble for him. And he'll still be only half the coach Larry Brown and Greg Popovich are. He'll still be nothing more than a pretty smart, really strange guy with an offense and the ability to not screw it up when he has a loaded line-up.

You left out "He's laying the pipe to the owner's daughter".

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
You left out "He's laying the pipe to the owner's daughter".
Oh yea... that too. My bad....

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh yea... that too. My bad....
So he is probably top 10 for that alone. I can't see Larry Brown, or Pop being able to pull that off.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM

Your not very good at smack talk dude you just look stupid.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Your not very good at smack talk dude you just look stupid.
Man, give it a rest. Your act is old and tired.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Man, give it a rest. Your act is old and tired.

What are you talking about your the one saying stupid shit. If you don't want people pointing it out quit making moronic statements.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Wow I didn't realize O'Neal could be available this summer. Lakers have some serious salary cap issues ahead the next 2 seasons, I wonder what they are going to do about that.

I'm glad they traded Shaq.

He is breaking down more and more every year. He was in great shape this year and he had a ton of injuries. I doubt the Lakers would have gotten Butler and Odom this off-season for Shaq.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but it was the right move trading him last year.

I think the horrible coaching situation last year had a lot to do with the failures. Re-tooling this off-season should mean a return to the playoffs next year.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:49 PM
What are you talking about your the one saying stupid shit. If you don't want people pointing it out quit making moronic statements.
Wow. You never change do you.

I'm sowwy if I hurt your wittle feewings about the Fakers. I've been around here long enough to know that anyone who doesn't agree with you about anything is a tard, a moron or whatever other childish bullshit you can come up with. It's sad that a "grown" man is so sensitive about such stupid things.

Back to ignore for you.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Half the coach Larry Brown is? Are you serious?

Yeah, it must be soo hard to coach a great starting 5. All the players that Brown has were great players before got to Motown.

Popavich is a great coach, but c'mon, Duncan, Parker Ginobili?

Phil Jackson has 9 rings. When another current coach can get half that total, then I will be impressed and they can be mentioned in the same sentence.

Discrediting a coach with 9 rings is just flat out ****ing stupid.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:50 PM

He is breaking down more and more every year. He was in great shape this year and he had a ton of injuries. I doubt the Lakers would have gotten Butler and Odom this off-season for Shaq.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but it was the right move trading him last year.

I think the horrible coaching situation last year had a lot to do with the failures. Re-tooling this off-season should mean a return to the playoffs next year.

They need to let some players that are getting paid way too much for way too little like Grant.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Yeah, it must be soo hard to coach a great starting 5. All the players that Brown has were great players before got to Motown.

Phil Jackson has 9 rings. When another current coach can get half that total, then I will be impressed and they can be mentioned in the same sentence.

Phil is the most over-rated coach in the history of sports. Mostly though I was just trying to call out BD because I felt like watching him dance. He did. I laughed. I'm done here.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Phil is the most over-rated coach in the history of sports. Mostly though I was just trying to call out BD because I felt like watching him dance. He did. I laughed. I'm done here.

I'm glad you think 9 rings is overrated.

If 9 rings is so overrated, why has MJ, Kobe, Snaq or Pippen NEVER won without him as their coach?

You must have some lofty expectations if the guy with 9 rings is your most overrated coach.

Or you might know shit about sports.

I'm guessing the latter.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow. You never change do you.

I'm sowwy if I hurt your wittle feewings about the Fakers. I've been around here long enough to know that anyone who doesn't agree with you about anything is a tard, a moron or whatever other childish bullshit you can come up with. It's sad that a "grown" man is so sensitive about such stupid things.

Back to ignore for you.

ROFL Dude you need to go back to your wives tard class where your smack talk carries some weight. Obviously the only feeling hurt here are yours as you apparently your still not over the last ass woopin you took from me. In this thread first you infer you are talking smack then I guess you are actually shifted gears and gave a serious opinion. Problem is nobody can tell the difference because everything you posted smack or not was moronic. Your words speak for themself I am not sure why you are so upset.

shakesthecat
06-14-2005, 12:59 PM

might?

Hey beer me, why don't you stick to subjects you know something about? Like judging drag queen contests, and talking to 11 year old girls on the request line.

Swanman
06-14-2005, 01:00 PM

Don't discredit Popovich and Brown's coaching because of great players because Phil had these guys named Michael and Scottie on the Bulls and Shaq and Kobe on the Lakers when he won those rings. I wouldn't call any players on the Pistons last year "great". They had a lot of really good players and Hamilton will be great down the line. What Brown and Pop have done from a coaching standpoint in the last couple years is put players on their teams in roles where the team will succeed. Both teams play great team basketball and play great defense. Last year's Lakers team should have mopped the floor with the Pistons from a talent standpoint, but Kobe was too busy trying to get his even though Detroit had absolutely no answer for Shaq. So in that instance, Jackson got outcoached.

I still think Jackson is a very good coach, but after last year I think he has lost a step. We'll see what he does with a Laker team with about 50% of the talent he's used to having.

TEX
06-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Jackson is the most overrated coach in NBA history.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 01:06 PM
might?

Hey beer me, why don't you stick to subjects you know something about? Like judging drag queen contests, and talking to 11 year old girls on the request line.

Baby Seal just likes some attention even if it means getting clubbed in front of everyone AGAIN.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM

Yea OK Tex, whatever. Good luck with your Spurs, it will be good to see Horry get his 5th ring.

shakesthecat
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Baby Seal just likes some attention even if it means getting clubbed in front of everyone AGAIN.

I think he and Kotter were separated at birth.

Swanman
06-14-2005, 01:08 PM

I think he's overrated a little bit, but he's only .00001% as overrated as Coach K if you want to include college bball in the equation. Ole Ratface gets applauded for a season in which Duke was bounced handily in the Sweet 16 when he had 6 McDonald's All-Americans on his roster.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Don't discredit Popovich and Brown's coaching because of great players because Phil had these guys named Michael and Scottie on the Bulls and Shaq and Kobe on the Lakers when he won those rings. I wouldn't call any players on the Pistons last year "great". They had a lot of really good players and Hamilton will be great down the line. What Brown and Pop have done from a coaching standpoint in the last couple years is put players on their teams in roles where the team will succeed. Both teams play great team basketball and play great defense. Last year's Lakers team should have mopped the floor with the Pistons from a talent standpoint, but Kobe was too busy trying to get his even though Detroit had absolutely no answer for Shaq. So in that instance, Jackson got outcoached.

I still think Jackson is a very good coach, but after last year I think he has lost a step. We'll see what he does with a Laker team with about 50% of the talent he's used to having.

Brown was handed a roster that went to the Eastern Conference Finals the year before with Rick Carslile. And then he gets Rasheed Wallace at the trade deadline. With Philly, he had a 1 year run with the 6ers where they were releveant and made noise in the playoffs.

I would call a starting lineup of Billips, Rip, Price, rasheed and Ben Wallace the best starting 5 in basketball.

The Lakers had no chemistry and zero organization in 2003. Payton fell off the map, Malone got hurt, Kobe and Shaq's fued. I think Jackson did something he shouldn't have last year, tried to stock up. His whole agenda as a coach was getting role players to buy into his scheme. He tried to take 2 superstars and turn them into role players and it didn't work.

The two teams do play great defense and are very good teams, but Jackson's championship teams also played great defense and worked well as a unit.

Regardless, this will be Jackson's true test. I would imagine a lot of roster tinkering, but I really think Jackson and Lamar Odom is a match made in heaven for the triangle. Jackson loves athletic big men who can handle the ball, and Odom certainly fits that bill.

Lzen
06-14-2005, 01:11 PM
There was ZERO chance that he would have gone to Memphis, Denver, or any small market team and NY has been a proven loser for the past 20 years.

Are you serious? Were the 90s just a dream?

BIG_DADDY
I think he and Kotter were separated at birth.

Same ol Beer Butt. Came here to make me dance and leaves by putting me on ignore. What a complete ****ing buffoon.

The Bad Guy

Isn't the nature of the business to win championships?

And how many did Kobe, Shaq, Pippen and MJ win without him?.......

I'll await your response.

Lzen
06-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm glad you think 9 rings is overrated.

If 9 rings is so overrated, why has MJ, Kobe, Snaq or Pippen NEVER won without him as their coach?

You must have some lofty expectations if the guy with 9 rings is your most overrated coach.

I'm guessing the latter.

At the same time, one could wonder what happened to Jackson's Bulls in 94 and 95 when MJ took a 'break' from basketball. IMO, Jackson is a great coach. The greatest of all time? I don't know about that. He is a bit overrated. But at the same time you can't deny the championships.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
You were that stupid kid in school that fell off his bike and got a black eye then told everyone how bad you kicked "the other guy's ass" weren't you.

You're sooo easy to play it's hilarious. I make a simple comment. You drool all over yourself disagreeing. I make another simple comment. You bring out the cut-downs because stupid people don't know how to argue without them. I tell you you're weak and tired and you go off the deep end accussing ME of doing exactly what I'm making YOU do. The funniest thing is I was never even talking to you. I replied to other people's posts.... but you being the overly-sensitive type meant you of course have to defened your territory by rutting and stomping and making all kinds of noise. Then you're even dumb enough to think you're kicking ass...when I just had you for lunch. Denial is an ugly and sad state.

Just go back to you happy place little boy.... there with the rest of the freaks and wimps in your part of the country. You obviously can't handle yourself around people with brains.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Isn't the nature of the business to win championships?

And how many did Kobe, Shaq, Pippen and MJ win without him?.......

I'll await your response.

The Lakers couldn't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs either before Phil got there.

Jackson owns a career coaching record of 726-258, his .738 winning percentage being by far the best in NBA annals. He has a career playoff record of 156-54, his winning percentage of .742 also heading the list. In terms of most victories, Jackson ranks 16th in the regular season but second in the playoffs.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
You were that stupid kid in school that fell off his bike and got a black eye then told everyone how bad you kicked "the other guy's ass" weren't you.

You're sooo easy to play it's hilarious. I make a simple comment. You drool all over yourself disagreeing. I make another simple comment. You bring out the cut-downs because stupid people don't know how to argue without them. I tell you you're weak and tired and you go off the deep end accussing ME of doing exactly what I'm making YOU do. The funniest thing is I was never even talking to you. I replied to other people's posts.... but you being the overly-sensitive type meant you of course have to defened your territory by rutting and stomping and making all kinds of noise. Then you're even dumb enough to think you're kicking ass...when I just had you for lunch. Denial is an ugly and sad state.

Just go back to you happy place little boy.... there with the rest of the freaks and wimps in your part of the country. You obviously can't handle yourself around people with brains.

ROFL I thought you had me on ignore and were done here baby seal. ROFL

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 01:21 PM
ROFL I thought you had me on ignore and were done here baby seal. ROFL
Will it never end? :banghead:

teedubya
06-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Phil should have went to the Cavs.

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Phil should have went to the Cavs.
Did you get your rep fixed?

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 01:24 PM
when I'm finished with him...then it will end...

:D

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
when I'm finished with him...then it will end...

uh oh.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM

If you ever really want to entertain yourself you got to read this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95949

Start at the beginning when you have some time. It was one of the all time classics. This guy makes Gunther Fan look like a ****ing genius. It's where his nickname baby seal came from.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
uh oh.
Ah...I'll stop.... for you. You seem like a nice guy and BD isn't worth it. He's a dish it out but can't take it type.

So how 'bout them Lakers? Didja hear they got Phil Jackson back?

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 01:32 PM
If you ever really want to entertain yourself you got to read this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95949

Start at the beginning when you have some time. It was one of the all time classics. This guy makes Gunther Fan look like a ****ing genius. It's where his nickname baby seal came from.
Thanks I will check it out!

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Ah...I'll stop.... for you. You seem like a nice guy and BD isn't worth it. He's a dish it out but can't take it type.

So how 'bout them Lakers? Didja hear they got Phil Jackson back?

You can continue, don't mind me. It sounds like the 2 of you have a little history. Regarding Phil Jackson. Puck Fhil Jackson!

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
You can continue, don't mind me. It sounds like the 2 of you have a little history.

I kind of feel bad it's like beating up a handicap.

Goapics1
06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
I kind of feel bad it's like beating up a handicap.
ROFL

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Stupid move my Phil IMO..This is the first time that the "Big Hippie" has taken a job on a team that WAS NOT top tier NBA status.

We will see if his main BB talents have to do with managing proven stars and helping them work together, or turning a program arround from scratch.

I think it the former, not the latter.

We will see. :hmmm:

munkey
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
This is the first time that the "Big Hippie" has taken a job on a team that WAS NOT top tier NBA status.

Which is why a think he will not return to the big dance with the fakers. The only way Phil can get back is if Miami decides to fire Van Gundy.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Which is why a think he will not return to the big dance with the fakers. The only way Phil can get back is if Miami decides to fire Van Gundy.

He still is Phil Jackson and they are still the Lakers. That's the best thing, we get to find out. :)

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Brown was handed a roster that went to the Eastern Conference Finals the year before with Rick Carslile. And then he gets Rasheed Wallace at the trade deadline. With Philly, he had a 1 year run with the 6ers where they were releveant and made noise in the playoffs.

I would call a starting lineup of Billips, Rip, Price, rasheed and Ben Wallace the best starting 5 in basketball.

The Lakers had no chemistry and zero organization in 2003. Payton fell off the map, Malone got hurt, Kobe and Shaq's fued. I think Jackson did something he shouldn't have last year, tried to stock up. His whole agenda as a coach was getting role players to buy into his scheme. He tried to take 2 superstars and turn them into role players and it didn't work.

The two teams do play great defense and are very good teams, but Jackson's championship teams also played great defense and worked well as a unit.

Regardless, this will be Jackson's true test. I would imagine a lot of roster tinkering, but I really think Jackson and Lamar Odom is a match made in heaven for the triangle. Jackson loves athletic big men who can handle the ball, and Odom certainly fits that bill.Great post.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM

Just go back to you happy place little boy.... there with the rest of the freaks and wimps in your part of the country. You obviously can't handle yourself around people with brains.I have been to the dudes house, and I'm making book, 20 bucks on Daddy.

royr17
06-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Yep Phil Jackson is dumb to retake that job.

munkey
06-14-2005, 02:56 PM
He still is Phil Jackson and they are still the Lakers. That's the best thing, we get to find out. :)

Yeah...If I were a laker fan I'd be optimistic as well....IMO the best thing they can do is trade Kobe to the Queens or the Clippers. :)

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
There is no way the Lakers would ever trade Kobe.

TRing
06-14-2005, 03:11 PM
F*ck the Lakers

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
F*ck the LakersWelcome to the planet.

TRing
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
thanx man

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 03:21 PM

ROFL :LOL: :bong: :doh!:

If the trade didn't happen last year I'd gladly trade Butler and Odom for Shaq this year. It's a no brainer. Shaq is still the most dominant player in the game. He was obviously hindered the whole playoffs, yet he still manhandled everyone Detroit tried to guard him with.

Next year with a healthy Shaq and Wade the Heat will at the very least make the NBA Finals and I believe they will win the championship. Especially if we add some additional offensive weapons.

Unless the Lakers make some big changes, especially at C, they will fail to make the playoffs once again.

TRing
06-14-2005, 03:26 PM
It takes more than a great coach and SG to take an NBA team to the playoffs. Dont get me wrong, they do have some talent but Odom has to be a lot more dominant than what he has been in the past, and he is capable.

TRing
06-14-2005, 03:27 PM
but still, f*ck the Lakers!

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
You dont think Odem can be Kobe's Scotty Pippen?

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 03:47 PM
but still, f*ck the Lakers!

I can feel the love. Phil comes back for 6 more years and after 4 more titles call it quits. God that would be a beautiful thang.

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I can feel the love. Phil comes back for 6 more years and after 4 more titles call it quits. God that would be a beautiful thang.

That it would...that it would!!!

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
I can feel the love. Phil comes back for 6 more years and after 4 more titles call it quits. God that would be a beautiful thang.Cue the music..

All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray, I've been for a walk, on a winters day....

California dreamin dude.

ROYC75
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Lakers this, Lakers that.......

It sure was nice not seeing any Laker threads this last half year.......:D

Odds that Phil and Kobe last a year ?

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I dont know odds but now that Kobe sees what it is like to not have either Phil or Shaq I am sure he can not wait to have Phil back, plus I think Phil wants the challenge of making Kobe into MJ.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:03 PM

Kobe isn't even close to being Jordan, so what does it matter?

KC Dan
06-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Lakers this, Lakers that.......

It sure was nice not seeing any Laker threads this last half year.......:D

Odds that Phil and Kobe last a year ?
Probably more so than Scanlan making the Chiefs roster this year...ROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 04:07 PM

That's why Phil said he was better than Jordan at the same age. I'm sure Phil knows nothing though.

ROYC75
06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Probably more so than Scanlan making the Chiefs roster this year...ROFL

Time will tell ........ :)

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 04:22 PM

What Makes MJ better then Kobe at this age? I am not saying Kobe is better then MJ I just want to know what makes him not even close?

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:22 PM
That's why Phil said he was better than Jordan at the same age. I'm sure Phil knows nothing though.

After 9 years in the league (this past was Kobe's 9th), Jordan was a 3-time league MVP, 9-time First-team NBA All-Star, and had 3 NBA Championships as the premier player in the league and on his team as well as NBA Finals MVP's in all of the championships. Oh, he was also an NBA Defensive Player of the year once during that span and was a 9-time First-team NBA All-Defense team member during that span.

In the same time-span Kobe has 3 rings, but was not the premier player on his team for any of them (Shaq was). He has been an NBA First-team All-Star 7 times. Hasn't been All-Defensive first team near the number of times as Jordan, nor an All-NBA team near as many times in the same 9-year span.

Kobe is a great player, but he has never proven he can be the #1 player on a team or that he can win without Shaq.

The Bad Guy
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
ROFL :LOL: :bong: :doh!:

If the trade didn't happen last year I'd gladly trade Butler and Odom for Shaq this year. It's a no brainer. Shaq is still the most dominant player in the game. He was obviously hindered the whole playoffs, yet he still manhandled everyone Detroit tried to guard him with.

Next year with a healthy Shaq and Wade the Heat will at the very least make the NBA Finals and I believe they will win the championship. Especially if we add some additional offensive weapons.

Unless the Lakers make some big changes, especially at C, they will fail to make the playoffs once again.

I'll make a sig bet with you right now that they will make the playoffs.

Look at the NBA now. The C is a dying position.

And I think it's highly laughable that you think Shaq will be "healthy" next year. What other additional offensive weapons are you going to add? Eddie Jones is oK, UD isn't going anywhere and Damon Jones is EXACTLY what a team needs to pair with Shaq.

I don't know about Snaq dominating anything Detroit through at him. Before game 7, his totals after the first quarter were pretty awful. Another year, another year of wear and tear on the body. Shaq is breaking down.

Shaq came into the season in TOP shape, something he never had when he was a Laker and he still broke down.

Maybe you would still make that trade a year later, but I bet a lot of GMs wouldn't. Wade is the one that carried you, not Shaq, and it was without Wade that you were rolled in game 6.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:25 PM
What Makes MJ better then Kobe at this age? I am not saying Kobe is better then MJ I just want to know what makes him not even close?

Read above post.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM

And I think it's highly laughable that you think Shaq will be "healthy" next year. What other additional offensive weapons are you going to add? Eddie Jones is oK, UD isn't going anywhere and Damon Jones is EXACTLY what a team needs to pair with Shaq.

I don't know about Snaq dominating anything Detroit through at him. Before game 7, his totals after the first quarter were pretty awful. Another year, another year of wear and tear on the body. Shaq is breaking down.

Shaq came into the season in TOP shape, something he never had when he was a Laker and he still broke down.

Maybe you would still make that trade a year later, but I bet a lot of GMs wouldn't. Wade is the one that carried you, not Shaq, and it was without Wade that you were rolled in game 6.

I said it depends on what changes the Lakers make in the offseason whether they make the playoffs or not. If they field the exact team they did this season, they will not make the playoffs.

Shaq had bum thighs in the playoffs. That was a known injury. He didn't play much for over a month. When he was the freshest, the 1st quarter, he dominated Detroit. When the game wore on and the injury bothered him more his lack of conditioning hurt. We'll see what Shaq shows up next year. He'll be highly motivated, and I hope many doubt him.

PunkinDrublic
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
After 9 years in the league (this past was Kobe's 9th), Jordan was a 3-time league MVP, 9-time First-team NBA All-Star, and had 3 NBA Championships as the premier player in the league and on his team as well as NBA Finals MVP's in all of the championships. Oh, he was also an NBA Defensive Player of the year once during that span and was a 9-time First-team NBA All-Defense team member during that span.

In the same time-span Kobe has 3 rings, but was not the premier player on his team for any of them (Shaq was). He has been an NBA First-team All-Star 7 times. Hasn't been All-Defensive first team near the number of times as Jordan, nor an All-NBA team near as many times in the same 9-year span.

Kobe is a great player, but he has never proven he can be the #1 player on a team or that he can win without Shaq.

You forgot to mention that Jordan was a great leader and Kobe isn't. IMO Kobe is the most selfish player in the NBA because he ran off both Phil and Shaq after winning 3 rings. He's a great player with outstanding ability and can put up MVP numbers but I wouldn't put him in any sort of leadership position.

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Shaq is done....I love shaq so dont get me wrong, but even when he tried to bring it during the post season he could not sustain it for a full game...

But back to Kobe, What makes them different, all you said was how many more awards he had then Kobe...What makes them different? Why is Kobe so inferior?

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
You forgot to mention that Jordan was a great leader and Kobe isn't. IMO Kobe is the most selfish player in the NBA because he ran off both Phil and Shaq after winning 3 rings. He's a great player with outstanding ability and can put up MVP numbers but I wouldn't put him in any sort of leadership position.

Jordon was a very selfish player in his early years. Only later in his career did he become a great leader.

munkey
06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
What makes them different? Why is Kobe so inferior?

To me it's his immaturity...I hope they have more than just a couple of bad years to wise up the A-hole.

I also don't think that Kobe could have survived the eighties and alot of the maul ball that went on (the bad boys of Detroit). I'm surprised Jordan did....

Dawson4004
06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
You forgot to mention that Jordan was a great leader and Kobe isn't.

I agree 100%, because this seperates Trent Green from Elvis, Elvis had all the tools, but not heart or leadership...Trent lacks some of the skills but makes up for it with Heart and leadership....

MJ had all the tools plus he had "IT" Heart and Leadership.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM

He's still young, hopefully Phil can straighten his head out. I'm more than sure he's tired of losing already. Your comparing Kobe's early years to MJ's last years which really isn't a fair comparison. Who knows if Kobe will ever develope into a great leader I just hope he does. Frankly I am sick of baby BS. I hope he comes out with a new attitude this year I certainly believe he has the ability to be a great leader. We need a center though, the Lakers had no inside game last year.

PunkinDrublic
06-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Jordon was a very selfish player in his early years. Only later in his career did he become a great leader.

Jordan wouldn't have put himself in the situation Kobe did with his off the court incidents. Guilty or not the Colorado incident caused a distraction by putting himself in a position to get exploited. Jordan didn't run off the teams other star player Scottie Pippen or Phil Jackson.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Your comparing Kobe's early years to MJ's last years which really isn't a fair comparison.

Those are Kobe's first 9 years vs Jordans first 9 years.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Shaq is done....I love shaq so dont get me wrong, but even when he tried to bring it during the post season he could not sustain it for a full game...

But back to Kobe, What makes them different, all you said was how many more awards he had then Kobe...What makes them different? Why is Kobe so inferior?

Do you not understand that Shaq was injured the entire post-season? He had bruised thigh injury common in hockey that usually takes 6 weeks to fully heal.

Back to Kobe, the difference is Jordan won as the best player on his team. Kobe has yet to prove he can win anything without Shaq.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2005, 04:50 PM
He's still young, hopefully Phil can straighten his head out. I'm more than sure he's tired of losing already. Your comparing Kobe's early years to MJ's last years which really isn't a fair comparison. Who knows if Kobe will ever develope into a great leader I just hope he does. Frankly I am sick of baby BS. I hope he comes out with a new attitude this year I certainly believe he has the ability to be a great leader. We need a center though, the Lakers had no inside game last year.

If you could get a C, play Grant at PF, Odom at SF and have Caron off the bench it would be a good lineup. Odom doesn't always match up well against PF's and Grant is way undersized at C.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Jordan wouldn't have put himself in the situation Kobe did with his off the court incidents. Guilty or not the Colorado incident caused a distraction by putting himself in a position to get exploited. Jordan didn't run off the teams other star player Scottie Pippen or Phil Jackson.

Jesus man, your memory is awefully selective when it comes to Jordon. You say Jordon wouldn't have put himself in that situation huh? This is the same Jordon who's wife was divorcing him for numerous affairs right? One of lil mommas friend was cheerleading for the Warriors when Jordon was playing too. She said he always was trying to get the cheerleaders back to his room. Yea that Jordon was a ****ing angel.

Son of Logical
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I love the lakers, but I hate how Kobe ran off Shaq. I like winning championships not one guy placing himself above the team winning. If Phil can come back and bring the team back to greatness I might forgive Kobe, but tell then Kobe is not high up on my list.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
If you could get a C, play Grant at PF, Odom at SF and have Caron off the bench it would be a good lineup. Odom doesn't always match up well against PF's and Grant is way undersized at C.

Grant needs to go period. We are paying WAY too much for that guy.

PunkinDrublic
06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Jesus man, your memory is awefully selective when it comes to Jordon. You say Jordon wouldn't have put himself in that situation huh. This is the same Jordon who's wife was divorcing him for numerous affairs right. One of lil mommas friend was cheerleading for the Warriors when Jordon was playing too. She said he always was trying to get the cheerleaders back to his room. Yea that Jordon was a ****ing angel.

I'm not saying Jordan was an angel I'm just saying he wouldn't have let it effect the team the way Kobe did. Jordan did all those things your saying he did while winning rings. Jordan was a guy who would get in the face of teamates when they weren't pulling their weight and had a burning desire to win. Kobe to me seems like a me first guy he wants to win as long as it doesn't hurt his stats if he cared more about winning he would have found away to win with Shaq instead he alienates teammates.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Jesus man, your memory is awefully selective when it comes to Jordon. You say Jordon wouldn't have put himself in that situation huh? This is the same Jordon who's wife was divorcing him for numerous affairs right? One of lil mommas friend was cheerleading for the Warriors when Jordon was playing too. She said he always was trying to get the cheerleaders back to his room. Yea that Jordon was a ****ing angel.Did you and little momma get to do this cheerleader?

teedubya
06-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Jesus man, your memory is awefully selective when it comes to Jordon. You say Jordon wouldn't have put himself in that situation huh? This is the same Jordon who's wife was divorcing him for numerous affairs right? One of lil mommas friend was cheerleading for the Warriors when Jordon was playing too. She said he always was trying to get the cheerleaders back to his room. Yea that Jordon was a ****ing angel.

Dude, your spelling of Jordan is atrocious.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm not saying Jordan was an angel I'm just saying he wouldn't have let it effect the team the way Kobe did. Jordan did all those things your saying he did while winning rings. Jordan was a guy who would get in the face of teamates when they weren't pulling their weight and had a burning desire to win. Kobe to me seems like a me first guy he wants to win as long as it doesn't hurt his stats if he cared more about winning he would have found away to win with Shaq instead he alienates teammates.

I thought he did a great job of playing at a high level while that was going on. I do agree the comment about Shaq was way out of line especially when there were already issues there. Kobe needs to grow up period. He has a long ways to go if he is going to reach the level Jordon was able to attain. He certainly has the skill to do it I am just not sure he has what he needs between the ears. We shall see.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Did you and little momma get to do this cheerleader?

I wish. She is getting married and is a cop now. Actually the cheerleaders sister was hotter.

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Dude, your spelling of Jordan is atrocious.

Thanks

BIG_DADDY
06-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks again!! :)

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 05:30 PM
I wish. She is getting married and is a cop now. Actually the cheerleaders sister was hotter.Nice.:drool:

TEX
06-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Yea OK Tex, whatever. Good luck with your Spurs, it will be good to see Horry get his 5th ring.

I loved Robert getting his first two with the Rockets! :thumb: I could care less about the rest of his rings. ;)

I'm curious to see how Jackson does without TWO Super Stars. My bet is no more championships. IMO, most any good coach could have won just as many championships with the same talent that Jackson had to work with in Chicago and LA. :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Uh...you don't remember MJ and his wife, and MJ's highly publicized gambling problems? He is more of an attention whore than Kobe.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I loved Robert getting his first two with the Rockets! :thumb: I could care less about the rest of his rings. ;)

I'm curious to see how Jackson does without TWO Super Stars. My bet is no more championships. IMO, most any good coach could have won just as many championships with the same talent that Jackson had to work with in Chicago and LA. :hmmm:

My mistake it will actually will be 6 rings for Horry. I don't agree with your take on Phil. Nobody else did.

PunkinDrublic
06-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Uh...you don't remember MJ and his wife, and MJ's highly publicized gambling problems? He is more of an attention whore than Kobe.

Uh... Jordan was still winning championships when all that was going on while Kobe's Lakers choked in a finals they should have won.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Uh... Jordan was still winning championships when all that was going on while Kobe's Lakers choked in a finals they should have won.

Never mind the 3 peat. You gotta really put blinders on to think the way you are right now. The point you tried to make was that Jordan would never put his team in a position like Kobe did. Facts are he had gambling issues and was sticking his dick in everything he could. Changing the subject must be real convenient about now.

Calcountry
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Never mind the 3 peat. You gotta really put blinders on to think the way you are right now. The point you tried to make was that Jordan would never put his team in a position like Kobe did. Facts are he had gambling issues and was sticking his dick in everything he could. Changing the subject must be real convenient about now.Yeah, I wonder what the real reason for the flu was in that game? Maybe he was eatin too much. ;)

TEX
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
My mistake it will actually will be 6 rings for Horry. I don't agree with your take on Phil. Nobody else did.

That's cool, time will tell.

Funny how you mentioned Horry as I think he is to Championships as a player as Jackson is as a coach. He's a good player, especially when it comes to sinking money shots in the playoffs, - who just happens to benefit from being at the right place at the right time surrounded with talented teammates. No way his talent should be measered by having won 5 championships (could be 6 after this year) as that would put him ahead of the Mail Man and Barkley who never even won one championship. It's the samer for Jackson, though not as blatant. Just my take.

PunkinDrublic
06-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Never mind the 3 peat. You gotta really put blinders on to think the way you are right now. The point you tried to make was that Jordan would never put his team in a position like Kobe did. Facts are he had gambling issues and was sticking his dick in everything he could. Changing the subject must be real convenient about now.

I don't recall Kobe ever being in trouble during the Lakers three peat. His off the court incident had a huge impact on the team last year. The lakers should have dominated last season with the talent they had. All the problems that team had last season go back to Kobe IMO and that's what caused them to lose a championship they should have won instead of choking the way they did. It really hurts a team when you have to go to court in Colorado and fly in that same day to the city your playing in. It was obviously a distraction for the team.

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't recall Kobe ever being in trouble during the Lakers three peat. His off the court incident had a huge impact on the team last year. The lakers should have dominated last season with the talent they had. All the problems that team had last season go back to Kobe IMO and that's what caused them to lose a championship they should have won instead of choking the way they did. It really hurts a team when you have to go to court in Colorado and fly in that same day to the city your playing in. It was obviously a distraction for the team.

I watched them all season and I would say the problems between Kobe and Shaq is where they blew the season. The Colorado thing really didn't effect Kobe.

Valiant
06-16-2005, 09:09 PM

I dont think kobe can be MJ for that to even happen....

I think Jackson is a really really good coach, but he had MJ with pippen and shaq with kobe... Unless they bring in another star talent that can deal with kobe's ego, I don't believe they will get very far... This will be his hardest test.. Luckily everywhere he has been, management does what he wants for the most part...

I think the reason why Jackson is not considered the greatest coach ever, is because of his star players...It would be like me coaching two teams, and I had God on one and Jesus on the other... Both MJ and Shaq are in the top five of greatest/dominant players of all time...

Valiant
06-16-2005, 09:16 PM

I do not think the Center is a dying position... There are to many teams trying tweeners right now(C/F combo) They are doing this to try to beat teams with players like shaq and duncan.. Also there is the life cycle of trends and what players are available to you on how you play.. A dominant C will always be there... The next dominant player in my opinion, will be Shaq's size and can hit free throws...

Valiant
06-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Im not sure about any coach.. YOu would need a coach that is good at babysitting and breaking up feuds with kobe and shaq...

SoCalRaider
06-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Shaq is still the most dominant player in the game.
He's not even the best player on his team... but he's somehow the most dominant player in the game. :rolleyes:

He was obviously hindered the whole playoffs,He's been physically hindered the last 3 seasons. See a trend?

yet he still manhandled everyone Detroit tried to guard him with.
How many rebounds did Shaq grab in game 7? :rolleyes:

Next year with a healthy ShaqROFL
Thanks for the laugh.

SoCalRaider
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Do you not understand that Shaq was injured the entire post-season?Shaq has been injured for 3 straight years. What part of that don't you understand?

He had bruised thigh injury common in hockey that usually takes 6 weeks to fully heal.First the toe, then the knee, now the thigh... wonder what's next? :rolleyes:

Back to Kobe, the difference is Jordan won as the best player on his team.Jordan played his entire career as the top dog on his team. Kobe's played one season without a legitimate head coach. Irrelevant comparison.

Kobe has yet to prove he can win anything without Shaq.Just as Shaq never won anything without Kobe... just as Jordan never won anything without Pippen... Just as Pippen never won anything without Jordan. :rolleyes: