PDA

View Full Version : Rep inflation

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I would like to share today my policy paper on rep.

Have you noticed that rep inflation is running rampant? As people get rep, they're also able to give more rep, which then produces more people with high rep. In the old days, rep might have accrued at a level of 20 to 40 points per repping, but now it accrues at 100 to 150 points per repping.

With so many people maxed out, it's possible that rep could become meaningless*, like German deutschemarks in the 1930s. People will be using wheelbarrows full of rep just to buy a loaf of bread.

This worries me. I don't want chiefsplanet becoming the Bolivia of rep. Something needs to be done. As the self-appointed Greenspan of chiefsplanet, I recommend a negative rep war as soon as possible to rid ourselves of this nefarious problem.

Oh, and I'm raising interest by a quarter-point, too.

*Heh-heh.

brorth
06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
I got 148 pts for my first post! Rep is great!

Dave Lane
06-14-2005, 02:42 PM
I think Phil will be along shortly to impose deflation on you once again. I think it will be your 3rd rep life so I think only gochiefs can top that one.

Dave

~and may god have mercy on your rep soul.

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I got 148 pts for my first post! Rep is great!

When I was a newbie, I had to shovel six feet of BS to get 148 points. The only people who could get more than 40 rep points were Woodrow Wilson and Red Grange.

brorth
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I've been born into the age of devalued rep. FWIW, when I first started looking at what everyone's green bars meant, everyone was an icon, who's feet I should kiss. I thought to my self "What a bunch of self absorbed assholes!" I'm went on to find that I wasn't wrong, and it was nice to find a bunch of other self absorbed assholes.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Remember when mom wouldn't let us play with our rep in public? Now we've got it hanging out there all the time for everyone to see.

Disgusting.

BigRedChief
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I've been born into the age of devalued rep. FWIW, when I first started looking at what everyone's green bars meant, everyone was an icon, who's feet I should kiss. I thought to my self "What a bunch of self absorbed assholes!" I'm went on to find that I wasn't wrong, and it was nice to find a bunch of other self absorbed assholes.

Whats you talking about Wilis?:p

Braincase
06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
When I was a newbie, I had to shovel six feet of BS to get 148 points. The only people who could get more than 40 rep points were Woodrow Wilson and Red Grange.

You forgot John Wayne, dumbass.

Iowanian
06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I think all rep should be zeroe'd out...points that is...comments and links should stay.

Start over today, and limit rep given to like 5 per week. Make them EARNED.

Dave Lane
06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Its the Weimar Republic all over again.

Dave

Dave Lane
06-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Remember when mom wouldn't let us play with our rep in public? Now we've got it hanging out there all the time for everyone to see.

Disgusting.

I agree. Society is on a downhill run. Joan Rivers said look at Brittney Spears and what woman are wearing today.

What are hookers supposed to wear now???

Dave

Braincase
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
4 positives = 1 rep point.

1 negative = no change, just comments.

Oh, and neg rep from a Raider fan = 10 full rep points.

yeti
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I have obviously missed out on the rep handouts.

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I've never seen proof that you really exist, yeti.

Raiderhater
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
With so many people maxed out, it's possible that rep could become meaningless*....

*Heh-heh.

I found this very humorous.

Raiderhater
06-14-2005, 03:11 PM
4 positives = 1 rep point.

1 negative = no change, just comments.

Oh, and neg rep from a Raider fan = 10 full rep points.

The last idea is a stellar one. :)

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I got 148 pts for my first post! Rep is great!Brilliant!

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I would like to share today my policy paper on rep.

Have you noticed that rep inflation is running rampant? As people get rep, they're also able to give more rep, which then produces more people with high rep. In the old days, rep might have accrued at a level of 20 to 40 points per repping, but now it accrues at 100 to 150 points per repping.

With so many people maxed out, it's possible that rep could become meaningless*, like German deutschemarks in the 1930s. People will be using wheelbarrows full of rep just to buy a loaf of bread.

This worries me. I don't want chiefsplanet becoming the Bolivia of rep. Something needs to be done. As the self-appointed Greenspan of chiefsplanet, I recommend a negative rep war as soon as possible to rid ourselves of this nefarious problem.

Oh, and I'm raising interest by a quarter-point, too.

*Heh-heh.I reccomend devaluing the Rep. Simply have the Central bank call in all old rep and replace it with new rep valued at 1/5th the old rep, and denoted with new moneykers. This will alleviate any rep illusion associated with old forms of rep. Of course, all this should be supplemented with a new rep PR campaign to facilitate acceptance of new rep. All old rep will be decreed by fiat to be worthless after a specified period of time and therefore must be turned in for new rep.

In order to avoid a collapse in the banking system, all rep debtors shall receive a rep debt Holiday, and a rep repayment schedule from the International Rep Fund, which is funded by rep members of the World Rep Bank.

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I like bunnytrdr's ideas. I think we're in a rep bubble right now, and it's going to collapse around our ears if we don't take immediate action.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I like bunnytrdr's ideas. I think we're in a rep bubble right now, and it's going to collapse around our ears if we don't take immediate action.Oh yeah, and we should go back to the rep gold system too.

In other words, if you contribute to the Planets Gold, you get a magnifying lense through which to distribute or deflect rep.

Braincase
06-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I like bunnytrdr's ideas. I think we're in a rep bubble right now, and it's going to collapse around our ears if we don't take immediate action.

Sometime in late October...triple witching Friday or some shit.

beavis
06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I reccomend devaluing the Rep. Simply have the Central bank call in all old rep and replace it with new rep valued at 1/5th the old rep, and denoted with new moneykers.
Can I trade in some of my Iraqi Dinars for rep? They're about equal in value right now.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Can I trade in some of my Iraqi Dinars for rep? They're about equal in value right now.I'll rep you for some, just send them to me fed ex.

;)

Hammock Parties
06-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't it be neat to have a Chiefsplanet ring that said "Chiefsplanet Icon: Kneel and kiss this ring."

beavis
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't it be neat to have a Chiefsplanet ring that said "Chiefsplanet Icon: Kneel and kiss this ring."
If by "neat" you mean gay, then yes.

Otter
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Rep had become meaningless due to the incompetence and lack of foresight of our present regime. They've allowed our nieghbors to oppress us and use us a a pawn for too long. We will continue on this downward spiral unless new minds with fresh ideas and prudence take over this convergence.

Follow me to a bigger and better society!!!

HILE!!! I mean YEAH!!!

I blame Rain Man’s comparison to post WWI Germany for this post.

Skip Towne
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Does this mean I have to be nice to people again?

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Rep had become meaningless due to the incompetence and lack of foresight of our present regime. They've allowed our nieghbors to oppress us and use us a a pawn for too long. We will continue on this downward spiral unless new minds with fresh ideas and prudence take over this convergence.

HILE!!! I mean YEAH!!!

In other news; The debate rages amongst economic intellectuals on whether the Fed should use rep as its main guage to determine inflation. The Townie school of thought, holds that "post inflation" is a more accurate measure of the strength of the planet, while the Rainy school of thought holds that it is, always has been, and should remain, a basket of rep goods, that is the measure of true inflation.

beavis
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Bush lied, rep died.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Bush lied, rep died.ROFL:clap:

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM

HILE!!! I mean YEAH!!!

I lay ancestral claim to the rep of any Austrian posters.

jspchief
06-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I haven't put much thought into the fact that there are "points" that go with rep.

I just like the comments, like : "Neg rep for you, Dickface"

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I lay ancestral claim to the rep of any Austrian posters.I think that the Panamanians should pay us back the Rep we spent digging out their canal.

Its ours, we dug it, we paid for it, we defend it!!1

Skip Towne
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I lay ancestral claim to the rep of any Austrian posters.
An Austrian lowland gorilla? I'm growing a little suspicious of you.

Donger
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I think that the Panamanians should pay us back the Rep we spent digging out their canal.

Its ours, we dug it, we paid for it, we defend it!!1

And China owns it.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:50 PM
And China owns it.Fuggin Jimmy.

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I haven't put much thought into the fact that there are "points" that go with rep.

I just like the comments, like : "Neg rep for you, Dickface"

Yeah. Sorry about that.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah. Sorry about that.ROFL

jspchief
06-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah. Sorry about that.Positive reinforcement is a powerful tool.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Positive reinforcement is a powerful tool.Of course, then there is Saul and the bad rep conspiracy.

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Of course, then there is Saul and the bad rep conspiracy.

Saul threatened to kill me once in a rep comment.

Bowser
06-14-2005, 04:58 PM

Not really. But you can kiss the ring of our collective ass, if you wish.

teedubya
06-14-2005, 05:00 PM
why not just remove the maximum? Or if you are worried about overall rep status... change your name to 1Rainman, and you will be the #1 rep hero in all the land.

Bowser
06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
why not just remove the maximum? Or if you are worried about overall rep status... change your name to 1Rainman, and you will be the #1 rep hero in all the land.

That will piss 4th and Long off! Until 1bikebobby shows up again..........

Rain Man
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM

Maybe I'll become AAAAARain Man.

Bowser
06-14-2005, 05:05 PM

Hey! I've seen you in the phone book!

teedubya
06-14-2005, 05:08 PM

nope, 4th will still be on top. You need to go numerically.

Im thinking 1 Arrowhead Drive would be a perfect rep name.

chiefs4me
06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Does this mean I have to be nice to people again?

Again....:hmmm:

Donger
06-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Again....:hmmm:

Quiet, slut.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Not really. But you can kiss the ring of our collective ass, if you wish.Now Gochiefs is turning into Smeagle.

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Again....:hmmm:ROFL

Calcountry
06-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Quiet, slut.shut up, postwhore!

Skip Town impersonation off/