PDA

View Full Version : Teicher on 610 yesterday. Had a caller ask about the LB situation.

Coogs
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I was going to pick up my kids at the pool, and heard the last question of the day on Teicher's weekly radio show on 610. The caller asked what was going to happen with Fujita and Barber when they recovered from their injuries, and who was going to be the MLB, because from what the caller had seen last year, neither Mitchell nor Fox :spock: were very good at that position last season.

I know TRR will be along shortly to tell me I didn't hear what I heard, but here it goes anyway...

He said Barber and Fujita would probably be backups. They were the LB's the past two years on a pretty poor defense, and if Bell and DJ can't hold them off, then that is not a good thing.

At MLB Mitchell has the first shot to win the job, but don't be surprised if Scanlon takes it away.

I don't have a link, and these words are not "exactly" what Teicher said, but it is pretty darn close. I heard this a 5 PM Central time yesterday, so I am bringing it up off of my memory. I am surprised I didn't see another thread with regards to this interview when I logged on this AM.

Braincase
06-15-2005, 10:10 AM
He also stated that Key Fox has been showing up big time in OTA's. Very good news.

Mr. Laz
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
isn't teicher the one that also said that he had no problem with Donnell Bennett being the starting RB a few years back?

Brock
06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I don't think Teicher knows much of anything about the Chiefs anymore.

Baby Lee
06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I was going to pick up my kids at the pool
Sucking sh!t back into your ass? That's just sick.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I thought Boomer had a pretty good shot at MLB.

TRR
06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
I know TRR will be along shortly to tell me I didn't hear what I heard, but here it goes anyway...You didn't hear what you heard. :)

I don't care who starts at MLB, as long as the best 3 LB's start. If Mitchell is one of those 3, so be it. If Boomer and Scanlon are one of those 3, so be it. I just didn't want Mitchell winning the MLB spot be default.

Coogs
06-15-2005, 10:18 AM
isn't teicher the one that also said that he had no problem with Donnell Bennett being the starting RB a few years back?

That was either him or Proctor. :)

Coogs
06-15-2005, 10:18 AM
You didn't hear what you heard. :)

:D

Coogs
06-15-2005, 10:22 AM
He also stated that Key Fox has been showing up big time in OTA's. Very good news.

Speaking of Fox, the caller said Fox played MLB last season. Is that correct? If so, I totally missed it.

chagrin
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Sucking sh!t back into your ass? That's just sick.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Lzen
06-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Speaking of Fox, the caller said Fox played MLB last season. Is that correct? If so, I totally missed it.

I'm pretty sure the caller is incorrect. :shake: Monte Beisel, Kawika Mitchell, and I believe Fred Jones all played MLB at different times last season.

Pitt Gorilla
06-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Can we just cut Barber now and get it over with?

Straight, No Chaser
06-15-2005, 10:59 AM

Me Three ^

Thanks for posting the heresay for those of us who aren't close enough to pick up the Radio Banter.

--->

beavis
06-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Is it just me, or are we going end up with about 15 LB's on the roster this year?

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Teicher also respond to an email that Scanlon wasn't in the Chiefs picture and he didn't see him being on the roster. Go figure......

Again, believe nothing you hear until half way thru TC and / or the 1st preseason game.

All of this will sort out in TC.

htismaqe
06-15-2005, 11:44 AM

Nope. We'd have to reach an injury settlement.

htismaqe
06-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Teicher also respond to an email that Scanlon wasn't in the Chiefs picture and he didn't see him being on the roster. Go figure......

Again, believe nothing you hear until half way thru TC and / or the 1st preseason game.

All of this will sort out in TC.

ROFL

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Nope. We'd have to reach an injury settlement.

Agreed, I'm thinking with the youth movement in LB's, that is very likely to happen after week 6.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 11:47 AM
ROFL
:spock:

Simplex3
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Let's get this out now:

* Scanlon COULD take over at MLB.
* Boomer COULD take over at MLB.
* Fox COULD take over at MLB.
* Mitchell COULD keep the MLB.
* A drunken monkey COULD take over at MLB and not be any worse than last year's performance.

As I see it we have an unproven, an unknown, and three couldn't-do-it-last-years. I'd be shocked if at least one of them didn't show up this year, though. I'm putting my money on the monkey.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Fox doen't play MLB for us .......

Dave Lane
06-15-2005, 12:24 PM

Nope he's injuried.

Dave

TEX
06-15-2005, 01:15 PM
IMO, we're F#CKED at MLB cause Mitchell and Scanlon are not starting NFL material. :shake:

Idahored
06-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Let's get this out now:

* A drunken monkey COULD take over at MLB and not be any worse than last year's performance.

As I see it we have an unproven, an unknown, and three couldn't-do-it-last-years. I'd be shocked if at least one of them didn't show up this year, though. I'm putting my money on the monkey.

ROFL
nuff said...

TEX
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Let's get this out now:

Rep! ROFL :clap:

Idahored
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
IMO, we're F#CKED at MLB cause Mitchell and Scanlon are not starting NFL material. :shake:

Really?? That doesn't seem to jive with your quote, "thank god for gun."

If you really liked Gun then you would believe he knows how to judge LB talent...... :rolleyes: