PDA

View Full Version : What a load of Crap, Bidwell's son a tough guy? HA!

chagrin
06-16-2005, 06:29 AM
You know, I hear the shit oozing out of the mouths of the ESPN folks every Sunday, or any other day of the week they do a "story" about somebody in the NFL and I just can't believe what they've sunk to. This story about Bill Bidwell's son made me laugh my ass off at first, then I just shok my head. they're touting this guy like he actually would have hurt somebody. All I could picture in my head was some yuppie, spoiled rich kid (sure he is a former prosecutor but does that really make him a tough guy?) standing there with his briefcase and his cell phone acting like he'd have done something. This story makes him seem like he thwarted the criminal altogether. What a joke, and IT's ON THE NFL PAGE of espn.com...anyway, ya might not think anything of this but it struck me as lame.
Dig the title of the item...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2086779

Bidwell was ready to lay the lumber

Arizona Cardinals: Team vice president Michael Bidwill didn't have to make the tackle, but he was ready to do so when he helped Italian police nab a fleeing suspect.

Mark Dalton, Cardinals director of media relations, said Bidwill told him of last Thursday's incident in a telephone conversation.

A former federal prosecutor, Bidwill was talking on his cell phone outside his hotel in Milan when he heard sirens, then saw police, with their guns drawn, chasing a man down the street, Dalton said.

Bidwill, son of Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill, went into a linebacker's stance to try to tackle the suspect. At that point, the man threw up his hands and surrendered, Bidwill told Dalton.

Bidwill was en route from NFL meetings in Detroit on Tuesday and unavailable to comment on the incident.

Phobia
06-16-2005, 07:21 AM
That family is incredibly tough. They've literally been sticking up the fine citizens of Arizona 10 times per year for a decade.

Skip Towne
06-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I really can't blame the crook from surrendering. I freeze up when I see lawyers too.

seclark
06-16-2005, 07:31 AM
I really can't blame the crook from surrendering. I freeze up when I see lawyers too.
he was probably 90 years old, blind and had one leg.
sec

chagrin
06-16-2005, 07:48 AM
That family is incredibly tough. They've literally been sticking up the fine citizens of Arizona 10 times per year for a decade.

ROFL

Well put