PDA

View Full Version : Any Siavii reports from camp ?

Ninjaman
06-16-2005, 10:55 AM
?

beavis
06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
He still sucks.

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
He was hung-over again; lethargic and slow to react....until they headed to the lunch buffet. :)

BIG_DADDY
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
He was hung-over again; lethargic and slow to react....until they headed to the lunch buffet. :)

That's just not right.

Cormac
06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
The only thing I heard about him (seriously) is that he was headed for a second opinion on his knee injury picked up the Atlanta game. That was followed up by myriad outbursts by board members who still don't believe that this guy is what he was promised.....a project.

BigChiefFan
06-16-2005, 11:20 AM
The only thing I heard about him (seriously) is that he was headed for a second opinion on his knee injury picked up the Atlanta game. That was followed up by myriad outbursts by board members who still don't believe that this guy is what he was promised.....a project.It's not that he is a project that irks some. It's because he's a SECOND ROUND project. It's obvious there are no guarantess how a player may pan out, but there were alot of players who actually kicked ass at the collegiate level and were more refined to contribute as rookies. Savaii's injury was unfortunate, but he's turned into Sims part deux so far. IMO, 2nd rounders should contribute from day one.

Thig Lyfe
06-16-2005, 11:59 AM
He still sucks.

Sucking has become a really big part of being Junior Siavii.

craneref
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM

OK, but to be fair, you have to mention that it was the Friday Seafood Buffet, which makes a lot of people pick up the pace, :)

TEX
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
It's not that he is a project that irks some. It's because he's a SECOND ROUND project. It's obvious there are no guarantess how a player may pan out, but there were alot of players who actually kicked ass at the collegiate level and were more refined to contribute as rookies. Savaii's injury was unfortunate, but he's turned into Sims part deux so far. IMO, 2nd rounders should contribute from day one.

No way is he a Sims part 2. Siavaii showed more in one game last year than Sims has in 3 years - and Sims cost the Chiefs an additional 3rd. Sims has been a toatl BUST thus far.

As Comarc said, Siavii was ALWAYS said to be a "project" and Sims was supposed to be a Stud. There's a huge difference.

RealSNR
06-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Siavii isn't Rich Scanlon, so all of the good stuff he does in camp doesn't mean shit.

New rule: A Chiefsplanet football thread isn't complete without mention of Rich Scanlon

BigChiefFan
06-16-2005, 12:55 PM
No way is he a Sims part 2. Siavaii showed more in one game last year than Sims has in 3 years - and Sims cost the Chiefs an additional 3rd. Sims has been a toatl BUST thus far.

As Comarc said, Siavii was ALWAYS said to be a "project" and Sims was supposed to be a Stud. There's a huge difference.One player is a first round pick, the other is a second round pick. It's not like they are days and nights apart in their draft selection. Yes, MORE is expected out of Sims, but just because he hasn't excelled, doesn't give a 2nd rounder a free pass to do less than his competition. Savaii was still taken EARLY in the draft, so he should perform better than he has,IMO. That's exactly why you wait to take projects and reaches for the later rounds. Have I given up on the S man? No, far from it, but up to this point he's been below average in my book, so I don't think the comparisions of the two players is extreme as you have suggested.

TEX
06-16-2005, 02:27 PM
One player is a first round pick, the other is a second round pick. It's not like they are days and nights apart in their draft selection. Yes, MORE is expected out of Sims, but just because he hasn't excelled, doesn't give a 2nd rounder a free pass to do less than his competition. Savaii was still taken EARLY in the draft, so he should perform better than he has,IMO. That's exactly why you wait to take projects and reaches for the later rounds. Have I given up on the S man? No, far from it, but up to this point he's been below average in my book, so I don't think the comparisions of the two players is extreme as you have suggested.

Well I do because Sims was the # 6 overall pick and it cost the CHIEFS an additional 3rd to get him. There is a HUGE difference in the # 6 overall pick and most any selection in round 2 in terms of talent and expectations. Sims was selected to START immediately, Siavii was selected to be developed. Again, there is a HUGE difference there. Thus far, Sims is nowhere the player that he was supposed to be. On the other hand, Siavii will be competing on the depth chart in year 2 of his development plan. Again, just my take.

go bo
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
He was hung-over again; lethargic and slow to react....until they headed to the lunch buffet. :)was there a report about how's he's doing this spring?

i can't recall seeing one...

link, maybe?

fwiw, i'm rooting for the kid, but i don't think he's gonna have a "break out" year...

i sure wish he'd hit the weight room in a serious way...

go bo
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Well I do because Sims was the # 6 overall pick and it cost the CHIEFS an additional 3rd to get him. There is a HUGE difference in the # 6 overall pick and most any selection in round 2 in terms of talent and expectations. Sims was selected to START immediately, Siavii was selected to be developed. Again, there is a HUGE difference there. Thus far, Sims is nowhere the player that he was supposed to be. On the other hand, Siavii will be competing on the depth chart in year 2 of his development plan. Again, just my take.and a pretty good one, too... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

CoMoChief
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
It's not that he is a project that irks some. It's because he's a SECOND ROUND project. It's obvious there are no guarantess how a player may pan out, but there were alot of players who actually kicked ass at the collegiate level and were more refined to contribute as rookies. Savaii's injury was unfortunate, but he's turned into Sims part deux so far. IMO, 2nd rounders should contribute from day one.

No, if you are a 6th overall pick in the NFL draft, then you better make some sort of impact on defense. I always hated Sims, I was against the pick, and I still think he sucks, and our defense wont get any better unless our defensive line improves. Now on to Siavii, again this is a draft day **** up. WHY would you invest a 2nd round pick on a ****in project?!?! Projects are supposed to come from mainly in the second day of the draft, not the first. Maybe Gunther saw something about this guy, like maybe becoming the next Saleamua or something, I dunno. IMO that was a horrible pick though.

the Talking Can
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Siavii was last sighted paying the waterboy to substitute gravy for the Gatorade.

Frankie
06-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm begining to think it's not Sims or Siavii. We need Solari to coach the D-line also.

whoman69
06-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm begining to think it's not Sims or Siavii. We need Solari to coach the D-line also.
Its not that either. Its the players we are drafting at tackle. 5 busts there since DV started here, most in the 1st and 2nd round. Sims/Downing/Freeman/Siavii, ugh.