PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs on KCFX-FM

Coach
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Haven't seen this posted. If a repost, my apologies.

Chiefs on Radio (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/06/20/chiefs_on_kcfxfm_radio_tonight/)

CHIEFS ON KCFX-FM RADIO TONIGHT
Jun 20, 2005, 12:01:02 PM

The Chiefs mini-camp is over and the players are finishing up their off-season workouts. The coaches have one more week to go and then they’re off until next month.

But talk of this year’s Chiefs team continues to hold the interest of fans throughout the Kansas City metro area and across the nation. Tonight at 7 PM on KCFX-FM and throughout the Chiefs radio network, you’ll have a chance to hear an exclusive interview with team chairman, Clark Hunt, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham on his improving defense, and assistant general manager, Denny Thum, on Az-Hakim, Eric Warfield and upcoming negotiations with draft picks.

The show will be hosted by KCFX-FM sports director, Bob Gretz, on 101.1 FM.

HC_Chief
06-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Someone should call in and ask if the NFL is going to drop the hammer on use for allowing Hakim to PRACTICE WITHOUT A CONTRACT. That's against the rules.... pretty gawddamn stupid.

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:02 PM
*Sigh*

They never f*cking start their Chiefs programs on time...

Judge Smails
06-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Someone should call in and ask if the NFL is going to drop the hammer on use for allowing Hakim to PRACTICE WITHOUT A CONTRACT. That's against the rules.... pretty gawddamn stupid.

Someone has been reading too much profootballtalk.com.

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:07 PM
OK, it's on now--though I must say I *really* enjoyed being warmed up by Fleetwood Mac...

NewChief
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM

Has the "official" story on this actually come out yet?

My understanding was that Hakim actually signed a contract. He and his agent, evidently, didn't look it over that well. Additionally, the Chiefs were going to give him a 25k bonus that the NFL disallowed, saying that we couldn't do it for some reason. When this happened, he went to DV to complain, and DV told him to "tear up the contract."

So, technically, he did have a contract. They just tore it up and let him out of it (even though they didn't have to).

Whether this has come out from the Front Office as their story or not, I have no idea because I haven't been following this too closely.

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 06:08 PM
I'll be recording this if FOX's webstream holds up.

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
My understanding was that Hakim actually signed a contract. He and his agent, evidently, didn't look it over that well. Additionally, the Chiefs were going to give him a 25k bonus that the NFL disallowed, saying that we couldn't do it for some reason. When this happened, he went to DV to complain, and DV told him to "tear up the contract."

Thum just said the contract was never sent to the NFL...they let him out because he expressed doubts after the signings...

HC_Chief
06-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Thum just said the contract was never sent to the NFL...they let him out because he expressed doubts after the signings...

Okay, so he <i>did</i> sign a contract, but it wasn't okayed by the league & he threw it away? So there was no violation, right?

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:19 PM
They're still hoping a decision will be made on Warfield's suspension "in the next few weeks"...

:shake:

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Updates while I can:

Hakim signed the contract, and the Chiefs were basically waiting to send it to the league offices. From what Thum says, it seems Hakim thought that he may not have the role here that he would in NO, so he wanted to go elsewhere...the Chiefs could have ****ed Hakim and sent the contract to the league offices, making him a Chief, but they discarded it.

Ty Law is still an option, and Thum says he calls his agent every week to see the progress. He says there's a chance he could still be a Chief, but it depends on what Law wants. He said they could create some more money to sign Law if he didn't go overboard on contract demands, but Thum believes that Law still wants a boatload.

Says the NFL must be taking a long look, doing research on Warfield, that's his reasoning for the lack of word from the league.

Wants to be the first team to sign their first rounder, but of course the agent wants to wait to see if anyone messes up the slotting. Talks about the current CBA situation only allows for a 5 year SB proration.

The Chiefs have been keeping an eye on Manuel Wright for the supplemental draft, but he doesn't sound serious.

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Okay, so he <i>did</i> sign a contract, but it wasn't okayed by the league & he threw it away? So there was no violation, right?

Thum made it sound that the contract was signed but never sent to the NFL front office...

NewChief
06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Updates while I can:

Hakim signed the contract, and the Chiefs were basically waiting to send it to the league offices. From what Thum says, it seems Hakim thought that he may not have the role here that he would in NO, so he wanted to go elsewhere...the Chiefs could have ****ed Hakim and sent the contract to the league offices, making him a Chief, but they discarded it.

Ty Law is still an option, and Thum says he calls his agent every week to see the progress. He says there's a chance he could still be a Chief, but it depends on what Law wants. He said they could create some more money to sign Law if he didn't go overboard on contract demands, but Thum believes that Law still wants a boatload.

Both are in line with what I've been hearing. I heard they may ask a bunch of existing players to defer money in order to free up space to sign Law.

Judge Smails
06-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh man, Cunningham just said that Sims has to get alot better.

tk13
06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Both are in line with what I've been hearing. I heard they may ask a bunch of existing players to defer money in order to free up space to sign Law.
If Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are our corners and this defense doesn't get any better, we might as well all quit and go follow lacrosse.

tk13
06-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Oh man, Cunningham just said that Sims has to get alot better.
I still think we should be looking at cheap DT options like we did with Dalton last year.

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Gunther is on now:

Likes what he has seen, he's looking forward to "Phase 4" how the players respond in pads, how they look for real.

You have to have some "nasty people" and he loves Kendrell Bell...Bell scares him sometimes...he says it doesn't matter how long it takes, he'll work with Bell to learn the system. Bell says "You teach me, and I'll kill somebody." Sammy Knight is the definite leader in the secondary.

People might not understand how Gunther works, it takes different techniques for different players. Someone may need some encouraging, Stills may need a boot up his ass. He wants players that match his volaitle style.

Asked about Sims, didn't sound too high on him. Siavii, Gunther has been surprised by him. Apparently so much so that he doesn't know who will start at that spot. Jared Allen came back a little slow, and Gunther was angry. But in the 2nd half of the OTAs, he's gone back to having that hunger. Still really high on Browning, calling him their best d-linesman. He really liked what he saw from Hall going against Roaf. Wilkerson has been "flashing."

Talking about a "fluid depth chart" at the LBs, the spots are now clearer. Says that it'd take a blindman not to see Derrick Johnson's and Bell's talents. Really happy with Fox at that spot.

Hahaha, he says Fred Pagac hasn't stopped crowing about what they have. Made an analogy stating that if you have a 10 for a girlfriend, you're gonna walk a little higher.

Told DJ that he wasn't going to start him in practice, even though he wanted to. He told DJ to show him. DJ did, and he can't wait to see what he can do.

Is choking up a second about how far Kawika has come, he really likes his progress.

We're seeing the Wesley we remember, Sammy Knight's presence has helped him. Knight always knows where to be, Gunther doesn't see the complaints about Knight's speed, Gun always sees him around the ball.

Surtain came into the camp not knowing the d, unsure of himself. If he gets beat on one route, he'll intercept it the next.

Pants
06-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Awesome!

FloridaChief
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Gun just praised the hell out of Sammy Knight. Called him "the consummate football player"....

OTOH, not as enthusiastic about Surtain, although I may be reading too much into this...

Judge Smails
06-20-2005, 06:40 PM
I always get a litle excited after listening to Gunther talk.

Coach
06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Bell says "You teach me, and I'll kill somebody."

Let the killing begin! :evil:

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Clark Hunt on now:

There's been a process to get Clark more involved in the franchise, and his new title reflects that. Clark says his dad is still outperforming the rest of the Hunts in the office.

Gretz talking about keeping the Chiefs in the family, the Chiefs have been passed to Lamar's 4 kids.

CBA extension, Hunt is confident something will get done, unsure about how quickly it will get done.

Wants to close the gap of disparity between high revenue and low revenue teams, he thinks something can be done. Says they like to consider themselves above average compared to the rest of the league in revenue. Isn't easy to intellectualize giving small market, low revenue teams your hard earned money, but realizes it's necessary to keep the league even.

unlurking
06-20-2005, 06:49 PM
...Asked about Sims, didn't sound too high on him. Siavii, Gunther has been surprised by him. Apparently so much so that he doesn't know who will start at that spot...

So are you saying surprised about Siavii in a good or bad way?

Stinger
06-20-2005, 06:54 PM
You have to have some "nasty people" and he loves Kendrell Bell...Bell scares him sometimes...he says it doesn't matter how long it takes, he'll work with Bell to learn the system. Bell says "You teach me, and I'll kill somebody."

Ok this made me smile :) :clap:

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Still Clark Hunt

His first Chiefs memory was the longest game ever against the Dolphins, he remembers the missed Stenerud kick.

No doubt on his part about retaining Carl with an extension. They evaluated him, and didn't see any problems.

Arrowhead needs major work done on things like plumbing and electricity. He's hopeful that something can be worked out with the Sports Authority. When asked if enough money was raised to cover those simple things, would they stay in KC, he said he'd honor their lease as long as the Sports Authority does their part. But he says he'd much rather see enough money put together to have Arrowhead renovated to make it more modern, along the lines of Lambeau. Keeping it traditional, but introducing modern amenities. Is working to stay in Jackson county long term. If these upgrades are seen, he sees no reason not to extend the lease 20+ years.

Isn't asking for the renovation to be solely state funded, the Hunts will supply money as well as working with private funds.

Says his comments a few weeks ago about possibly moving the Chiefs were taken somewhat out of context. When talking about moving, he said even with Arrowhead falling apart, he wasn't talking about moving KC out of the market, it could still be within KC. Asked about moving the Chiefs over to Kansas, it's possible.

Asked about a "definitive path" timetable...when does he need to know the state's stance so he can make his decision. He says they still have the lease until 2014, and will honor it, but the option to default in a couple of years is still there.

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
So are you saying surprised about Siavii in a good or bad way?

Definitely a good way. He said everything he's asked Siavii to do, Junior has came through.

the Talking Can
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
.he says it doesn't matter how long it takes, he'll work with Bell to learn the system. Bell says "You teach me, and I'll kill somebody."

I'm still not convinced Gun is the savior...but I love it when he talks dirty...

on the other hand, Sims is frustrating beyond words...I want him to succeed so we will be a good team, but there's a strong part of me that want's him to just give up and go away cause he's a slacker asshole bust mother ****er bitch....

unlurking
06-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Definitely a good way. He said everything he's asked Siavii to do, Junior has came through.
Very cool. That guy has the physical abilities to be a moster. I understand he was drafted as a project, but I was hoping his raw talent alone would be enough to make him a force this year.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear him baggin' on Sims. Wonder if he'll try starting Siavii and Dalton.

Archie Bunker
06-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Is choking up a second about how far Kawika has come, he really likes his progress.

That put a great big smile on my face. :clap: If Kawika's head has caught up to his talent, the Chiefs will have a dominate LB corp.

the Talking Can
06-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Any mention of Siavii's injured knee?

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Not that I can remember, but then again, I was typing and listening at the same time, a feat that nearly broke my simple mind.

I'm editing the clips right now, and will post them in sections, considering I doubt anyone wants to listen to Clark Hunt.

unlurking
06-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Seems weird to me that he sees the LB lineup taking shape, but is very happy with DJ, Bell, Fox, and Mitchell.

If we were to transition between a 4-3 and a 3-4 on occasion, who do you think could play the front 3? Dalton and Siavii are big enough, but are they powerful enough?

RealSNR
06-20-2005, 07:33 PM
but I love it when [Gunther] talks dirtyYou would :p

ZootedGranny
06-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Here you go, just add the http:// to the link if you somehow have any problems:

Denny Thum segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22RCUQIYUNE6L36QJTKJ8L1S3I

Gunther Cunningham segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I0OR0HBTYI5I19U10XWRV6GSF

Clark Hunt segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17UDNYTP02K300RULXRLXAQDZG

booger
06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
About the Dline:

Sims: has improved on his pass rush and they have been working on his lower body technique. Needs to improve on rush defense and they will work on that in camp. Still has to improve. Just a side note but maybe Sims looking fat has to do with him playing a bit bigger this year to improve against the run. DV is the guy who doesn't like linemen with a gut. I don't think Gun or any coach does either, but if they have to beef up a bit so be it. JMO. I'll believe it when I see it with Sims. Gun didn't rip him but didn't seem to excited either.

Siavii: Has been on him since the end of last season and had a heart to heart talk ( he mentioned these talks with Wesley, Allen, and Mitchell as well) about keeping up on improvemtent and just start off the offseason work outs where he left off. He has been happy thus far and stated he still doesn't know who will start at LDT next to Dalton.

Allen: Was worried when he started slow at the beginning but told him not to get caught up how he did last year because he will be a marked man this year. Seemed to turn him around and he is working hard and looking good.

Wilkerson: Gretz mentioned him working inside and outside and Gun agreed although he didn't expand any on him playing DT. Just mentioned he couldn't work out at the begginning of OTA's (minor injury) and thought he would have trouble making the team. Once he started working out he has done well and Gun did seem excited with him but didn't expand. I know he gained weight last offseason and to me looked fit but winded and sluggish. Maybe he is used to the added weight now and has his stamina back. As a rookie, he did play some DT and held up very well IMO. At least for a guy who was a 265-270 lb rookie. At 280 now, he could be a versitle guy for us kinda like another Browning.

LB: Obviously very happy with Bell and Johnson. Said Key Fox was the best defensive player on the field for 3/4 of the offseason. He likes Grigsby but didn't add too much else. Said he likes Kris Griffin as well and has some attributes like Johnson, tall lanky and rangy. Seems like the guy he has spent the most time talking with is Mitchell. Has really been keeping on him and Gretz mentioned he seems to be a different player. Said he has talked to him alot in person and now Mitchell looks back at him like he is going to kill him. I took it as him trying to get him to have a nasty streak in him and be more aggressive. Who knows what all that means about KM but that was the one guy gun talked about that seemed to crack him up a bit. He said he was getting emotional talking about it.

DB: Wesley is like the old GW. Thinks the signing of Knight is helping out GW alot. Makes sense as Wesley had always played well when Woods was doing well but slipped up when woods played bad or was injured. Really happy with GW and said something along the lines of welcome back Greg the other day. Surtain, Gretz mentioned that he seemed not to understand the defense as well as he would have liked, but Gun didn't seem worried. Said Surtain told the fans that What counts is opening up on Sept. 11 against the Jets.

Overall It was a typical Gun interview. He can get the average person pretty pumped listening to him. Obviously the highlight of the show. Seemed really happy with Pagac the LB coach and he said he hasn't let up (screaming yelling) the whole offseason. Seemed happy with Karm and Hairston working with the dline (mentioned them working with Hall specifically) but didn't mention Guinta. Didn't say much about the secondary though except for the talk of Wesley Knight and Surtain.

You expect him to be happy with the newcomers but I was pleased the way he sounded about some of the returning guys and about the defense overall.

the Talking Can
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
About the Dline:

Sims: has improved on his pass rush and they have been working on his lower body technique. Needs to improve on rush defense and they will work on that in camp. Still has to improve. Just a side note but maybe Sims looking fat has to do with him playing a bit bigger this year to improve against the run. DV is the guy who doesn't like linemen with a gut. I don't think Gun or any coach does either, but if they have to beef up a bit so be it. JMO. I'll believe it when I see it with Sims. Gun didn't rip him but didn't seem to excited either.

Siavii: Has been on him since the end of last season and had a heart to heart talk ( he mentioned these talks with Wesley, Allen, and Mitchell as well) about keeping up on improvemtent and just start off the offseason work outs where he left off. He has been happy thus far and stated he still doesn't know who will start at LDT next to Dalton.

Allen: Was worried when he started slow at the beginning but told him not to get caught up how he did last year because he will be a marked man this year. Seemed to turn him around and he is working hard and looking good.

Wilkerson: Gretz mentioned him working inside and outside and Gun agreed although he didn't expand any on him playing DT. Just mentioned he couldn't work out at the begginning of OTA's (minor injury) and thought he would have trouble making the team. Once he started working out he has done well and Gun did seem excited with him but didn't expand. I know he gained weight last offseason and to me looked fit but winded and sluggish. Maybe he is used to the added weight now and has his stamina back. As a rookie, he did play some DT and held up very well IMO. At least for a guy who was a 265-270 lb rookie. At 280 now, he could be a versitle guy for us kinda like another Browning.

LB: Obviously very happy with Bell and Johnson. Said Key Fox was the best defensive player on the field for 3/4 of the offseason. He likes Grigsby but didn't add too much else. Said he likes Kris Griffin as well and has some attributes like Johnson, tall lanky and rangy. Seems like the guy he has spent the most time talking with is Mitchell. Has really been keeping on him and Gretz mentioned he seems to be a different player. Said he has talked to him alot in person and now Mitchell looks back at him like he is going to kill him. I took it as him trying to get him to have a nasty streak in him and be more aggressive. Who knows what all that means about KM but that was the one guy gun talked about that seemed to crack him up a bit. He said he was getting emotional talking about it.

DB: Wesley is like the old GW. Thinks the signing of Knight is helping out GW alot. Makes sense as Wesley had always played well when Woods was doing well but slipped up when woods played bad or was injured. Really happy with GW and said something along the lines of welcome back Greg the other day. Surtain, Gretz mentioned that he seemed not to understand the defense as well as he would have liked, but Gun didn't seem worried. Said Surtain told the fans that What counts is opening up on Sept. 11 against the Jets.

Overall It was a typical Gun interview. He can get the average person pretty pumped listening to him. Obviously the highlight of the show. Seemed really happy with Pagac the LB coach and he said he hasn't let up (screaming yelling) the whole offseason. Seemed happy with Karm and Hairston working with the dline (mentioned them working with Hall specifically) but didn't mention Guinta. Didn't say much about the secondary though except for the talk of Wesley Knight and Surtain.

You expect him to be happy with the newcomers but I was pleased the way he sounded about some of the returning guys and about the defense overall.

thanks...who is Kris Griffin?

and is Pagac the LB coach from the Titans? and was he here last year?

Coach
06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
thanks...who is Kris Griffin?

and is Pagac the LB coach from the Titans? and was he here last year?

Griffen is a undrafted FA who the Chiefs picked up. http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kris_griffin/

And Pagac is the LB coach from the Raiders if I recall correctly, and yes he was here last year.

redfan
06-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Interesting comments about Siavii. I saw him on Sat, and the guy could do hardly anything. They were doing the bean bag drill, and Junior couldn't make any kind of move on the left knee.

booger
06-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Griffen is a undrafted FA who the Chiefs picked up. http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/kris_griffin/

And Pagac is the LB coach from the Raiders if I recall correctly, and yes he was here last year.

Beat me to it. ROFL

Pagac is a longtime Ohio State Coach. His only previous NFL experience was a few years with Oakland. He seems to be a minny Gun. I think that is even what DJ called him in a radio interview IIRC.

Griffin is a small school guy, Indiana of Penn.

rocks
06-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Has anyone heard what is wrong with JR.? A sprain or strain or what? Damn secret?

Reaper16
06-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Has anyone heard what is wrong with JR.? A sprain or strain or what? Damn secret?

Giddens? Stabbed in the leg. :)

RealSNR
06-20-2005, 10:22 PM

Denny Thum segment:

Clark Hunt segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17UDNYTP02K300RULXRLXAQDZGCan't believe nobody's giving you any credit for this.

That's rep

beer bacon
06-20-2005, 10:27 PM

Denny Thum segment:

Clark Hunt segment:
s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17UDNYTP02K300RULXRLXAQDZG

Thanks for the downloads. I was watching the Royals lose and missed the program.

DaWolf
06-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Yeah, major props on the updates guys and ZG for making the downloads available. Great stuff for those of us who missed it...

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Talking about a "fluid depth chart" at the LBs, the spots are now clearer. Says that it'd take a blindman not to see Derrick Johnson's and Bell's talents. Really happy with Fox at that spot.

I don't know what to think about all of this. Gunther obviously likes Mitchell, but if Fox was the best player on the field 75% of OTA's, how can you put him on the bench?

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Says the NFL must be taking a long look, doing research on Warfield, that's his reasoning for the lack of word from the league.

Thum needs to stop being nice.

The NFL is looking for the best way to **** the Chiefs, plain and simple.

ct
06-21-2005, 07:46 AM
If Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are our corners and this defense doesn't get any better, we might as well all quit and go follow lacrosse.

heh, true dat

TEX
06-21-2005, 09:00 AM
With all the upgrades, even on paper the defense is still weakest up the middle from the DL through MLB. I'm sure they'll see it once the pads go on.

RedThat
06-21-2005, 09:15 AM
With all the upgrades, even on paper the defense is still weakest up the middle from the DL through MLB. I'm sure they'll see it once the pads go on.

I'm hoping when the season comes around other teams don't abuse the interior of our defense.

philfree
06-21-2005, 09:23 AM

I don't know if that's really true or not after listening to Gun. If Mitchell is indeed night and day as was said and with Siavii doing what Gun wanted so far this offseason we may not be weak at all. Yes we'll learn alot when the pads go on but it could be that we are stout up the middle instead of weak.

PhilFree:arrow:

Brock
06-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't know if that's really true or not after listening to Gun. If Mitchell is indeed night and day as was said and with Siavii doing what Gun wanted so far this offseason we may not be weak at all. Yes we'll learn alot when the pads go on but it could be that we are stout up the middle instead of weak.

After what has happened the past 4 years, it is going to take a lot more than Dick's doubletalk or Gunther's babbling to convince me that anything has changed.

Rukdafaidas
06-21-2005, 09:33 AM
After what has happened the past 4 years, it is going to take a lot more than Dick's doubletalk or Gunther's babbling to convince me that anything has changed.
I agree, but I will say that I thought Kawika looked very good at the minicamp.

ct
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I agree, but I will say that I thought Kawika looked very good at the minicamp.

Agree, Kawika did look good. Hopefully between Sims and Siavii, we can get solid production from that spot. And this all assumes that Dalton can produce as he did last season, which is NOT a given.

One thing I can't figure out, if Browning is our best D-Lineman, why is he not a starter?

TRR
06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Gun said he can't believe people question Sammy Knight's speed. Gun said he watched him with the Saints, and watched him with Miami, and all the guy does is Intercept balls that he returns for TD's, or picks up fumbles and turns it over to the offense...

Good to hear!

philfree
06-21-2005, 09:46 AM

I couldn't disagree with that right now.

TEX
06-21-2005, 09:59 AM

You might be right, but I'm NOT allowing myself to believe anything this year until I SEE IT. Remember all the Bartee Bull$hit last season? No way I fall for that kind of BS again!

TRR
06-21-2005, 10:05 AM

Kawika Mitchell has had problems when the pads go on almost every training camp. The big thing Mitchell needs to do this TC is stay healthy. He's missed a lot of time over the last 2 TC's. If he can stay healthy, and take a more leadership role, than I have no problem with him starting.

I would like to see at least one MLB, be it Boomer, Maz or Scanlon, step up and challenge Mitchell. I don't want anyone on the D winning a starting job by default.

RedThat
06-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Gun said he can't believe people question Sammy Knight's speed. Gun said he watched him with the Saints, and watched him with Miami, and all the guy does is Intercept balls that he returns for TD's, or picks up fumbles and turns it over to the offense...

Good to hear!

I don't buy that. He's talking with his head inside his rear. All I gotta say is, good luck when teams throw the deep ball on us and those speedy WR's burn his a**. I remember one game, where the Pats were playing the Phins, it was overtime, Pats had the ball, Brady goes deep to Troy Brown for a TD in overtime to win the game. Guess who was chasing him down the sidelines, and couldn't keep up worth a damn? Sammy Knight. The guy is slow, and Troy Brown is not realily a fast WR.

htismaqe
06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't buy that. He's talking with his head inside his rear. All I gotta say is, good luck when teams throw the deep ball on us and those speedy WR's burn his a**. I remember one game, where the Pats were playing the Phins, it was overtime, Pats had the ball, Brady goes deep to Troy Brown for a TD in overtime to win the game. Guess who was chasing him down the sidelines, and couldn't keep up worth a damn? Sammy Knight. The guy is slow, and Troy Brown is not realily a fast WR.

So you picked out one play where he got burned? Wow. We need a guy who NEVER gets burned. Being top-5 in the league in INT's and tackles just isn't enough guys.

KCTitus
06-21-2005, 02:26 PM
So you picked out one play where he got burned? Wow. We need a guy who NEVER gets burned. Being top-5 in the league in INT's and tackles just isn't enough guys.

What are you saying, you're settling for mediocrity?

keg in kc
06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
What are you saying, you're settling for mediocrity?We should just play William Bartee back there. He's the answer.

TRR
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM

LOL! You picked out one game? I watched Ray Lewis get steam rolled by KC's offense time and time again. Does that mean Ray Lewis isn't physical enough?

I think I'll take Gunther Cunningham's word over yours.