PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign DE Clint Mitchell?!?!

CoMoChief
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I guess he was from the NFLEL. But what I dont understand is why are we wasting money on signing these other players when we need the most money possible to sign Ty Law?

The Bad Guy
06-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Because they aren't wasting any cap space signing someone like that.

In the off-season, before the cutdown date, only the top 40 or so salaries make up your salary cap.

Bowser
Who?

Brock
Ty Law....yeah right.... :rolleyes:

keg in kc
06-20-2005, 02:59 PM

In the off-season, before the cutdown date, only the top 40 or so salaries make up your salary cap.Think it's 51. Either way, your point stands.

Bootlegged
Clint is Scanlon's cousin and Jared Allen's brother in law twice removed.

Thig Lyfe
Ty Law....yeah right.... :rolleyes:

Nick Athan is always right.

shaneo69
06-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Who?

IIRC, Mitchell's an ex-Donk draft pick. Apparently, we are trying to lead the league in Mitchell's.

htismaqe
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
We're gonna sign Ty Law!!!!!

Yippee, hey!

Dave Lane
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
We're gonna sign Ty Law!!!!!

Yippee, hey!

I have a dream!

Dave ROFL

whoman69
06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Camp fodder and because NFLEL players get a roster exemption until the last cuts. That means we can go into our last preseason game with more players and can play the scrubs instead of getting one of our starters injured.

Mr. Laz
06-20-2005, 04:30 PM

In the off-season, before the cutdown date, only the top 40 or so salaries make up your salary cap.
Think it's 51. Either way, your point stands.
what he said and he said

any of these league minimum type signings do not count one single bit against the cap and the team doesn't have a max roster number of players right now either.

almost complete freebies

The Red Death
06-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes! A quick search at ESPN has uncovered the final acquisitions the Chiefs need to make to guarantee a trip to the Super Bowl:

Lance Mitchell Arizona
Brandon Mitchell Atlanta
Jeff Mitchell Carolina
Anthony Mitchell Cincinnati
Mel Mitchell New Orleans
Qasim Mitchell Chicago

The Chiefs are on their way to cornering the NFL market on Mitchells!

Mile High Mania
06-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, he was part of the Denver class a few years ago... not sure what happened with him. I don't know if this was the guy battling injuries... or if he had "personal" issues, all I know is he never panned out.

Mile High Mania
06-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey ... first FredEx, now this guy... keep it up and KC will give Denver a run for the "spare pickup title for 2005".

Ninjaman
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
ty law says he will sit than play for near the min according to j. clayton on espn tonight.

he also said az hakim was told by the union to play for new orleans because they offered more.

milkman
06-20-2005, 06:40 PM
ty law says he will sit than play for near the min according to j. clayton on espn tonight.

he also said az hakim was told by the union to play for new orleans because they offered more.

Uh...Why exactly is the union getting involved in this at all.

****in' union bastards.

Rain Man
06-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey ... first FredEx, now this guy... keep it up and KC will give Denver a run for the "spare pickup title for 2005".

I really dislike the FredEx nickname. It just doesn't fit. When I think of Maurice Clarett, that's when I think of the phrase, "When it absolutely, positively has to get 40 yards overnight."

Mile High Mania
06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I really dislike the FredEx nickname. It just doesn't fit. When I think of Maurice Clarett, that's when I think of the phrase, "When it absolutely, positively has to get 40 yards overnight."

Enh, kinda reaching... maybe Freddie should be "Allstate" ... you're in good hands.

StcChief
06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Ty Law won't happen.

Getting more young talent to compete is where they are now.

They shot their wod on Surtain,Knight,Bell , DJ ....

VonneMarie
06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Enh, kinda reaching... maybe Freddie should be "Allstate" ... you're in good hands.
ROFL

Frankie
06-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Clint is Scanlon's cousin and Jared Allen's brother in law twice removed.
PBJ SUPER BOWL PBJ HERE WE COME PBJ

Frankie
06-20-2005, 10:16 PM
IIRC, Mitchell's an ex-Donk draft pick. Apparently, we are trying to lead the league in Mitchell's.

Hey, don't knock it. It could be worse... like... Plummers.

Wallcrawler
06-21-2005, 12:06 AM

heh. Unfortunately for the Broncos, all the spares they picked up are expected to actually make the final roster.

These guys the Chiefs have, they may not even be on the roster in the opener, but Im pretty confident that the terds that Denver imported will be on the field for them this season.

So maybe if KC keeps it up they might take as many flyers on players as Denver did, but KC isnt projecting them to be on the roster by the time the regular season starts.

SoCalBronco
06-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Clint is a guy who really needed to stay for his senior year at Florida. That has really hurt him. He has an excellent motor, really a non stop guy but he lacks bulk for an NFL DE and is a liability against the run.