PDA

View Full Version : Okay guys, I need some help...

Jenson71
06-20-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm playing a computer game and every minute or two, the game minimizes and it goes to my desktop. So, it's on the bottom bar, and I have to click that to get back to my game. And then it does the same thing the next minute. It's annoying, especially when I'm in the heat of the battle with the local peasants. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bowser
06-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Upgrade from Windows 95.

unlurking
06-20-2005, 07:18 PM
with so little information, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is you have an app that is configured to "come to the front" after specific events, like IM chat windows, etc.

Jenson71
06-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Upgrade from Windows 95.

Not helpful! I have XP. And to think, I just gave you rep. You broke my heart, Bowser. You broke my heart!

Jenson71
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
with so little information, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is you have an app that is configured to "come to the front" after specific events, like IM chat windows, etc.

Okay, I'll shut off everything else, including the internet and see if it still does this.

Bowser
06-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Not helpful! I have XP. And to think, I just gave you rep. You broke my heart, Bowser. You broke my heart!

:D

My games used to crash on me like that when I was running on 95. Instead of looking into the problem, I just ditched it and went to XP.

unlurking
06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Okay, I'll shut off everything else, including the internet and see if it still does this.
I'm assuming if you don't respond quickly, it's because your busy demolishin peasant villages!

:D

Fairplay
06-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Jenson, make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Also the latest update to your direct X. If you have a Radeon for example, get the latest update for your particular video card.

Also, are you running plenty of memory?

Fairplay
06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
You're not pushing ALT-Tab while you're playing the game are you Jenson?

Chiefsrocker
06-20-2005, 08:28 PM
I have the same problem with my Command and Conquer game. I figured out that if I have a program running (weatherbug, yahoo messenger, etc etc) that has an "alert", it will minimize the game and I have to click on the bottom task bar to rejoin it. Webshots was real bad at doing that. i just shut down those programs when I played