PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss, Randy Moss, Randy Moss, Lamont Jordan

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Is Randy Moss the NFL's Rich Scanlon?

http://www.nfl.com/ poll (lower right)

Which of these teams that missed the 2004 playoffs has improved itself the most this offseason?

Baltimore
Cleveland
Kansas City
N.Y. Giants
Oakland

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 07:56 AM
yes, yes he is :)

45,019 votes

Oakland 36.6%

Baltimore 26.6%

KC 20.2%

Cleveland 9.3%

Giants 7.9%

Bowser
06-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I hope Scanlon never makes a tackle on Moss. The two of them wield such power that if a collision were ever to happen, the whole fabric of space/time could collapse in upon itself.

RealSNR
06-21-2005, 08:14 AM
WTF did Baltimore do this offseason?

Bowser
06-21-2005, 08:15 AM

Getting Samari Rolle and switching to the 46 defense? (The same defense that a West Coast Offense can demolish.....)

donkhater
06-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Got Samari Rolle AND Derrick Mason.

Couple those two with the fact that their RB may stay out of jail for all 16 games this year, they've improved.

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 08:31 AM
I'd have to say that the Chiefs & Baltimore helped themselves the most this offseason. WTF did the Browns and Giants do? I know the Browns got a new coach and a rookie WR but what else? I can't even think of one player the Giants picked up

Demonpenz
06-21-2005, 09:36 AM
giants got rid of taylor dayne thats a big step

chiefkdawg
06-21-2005, 09:40 AM
I'd have to say that the Chiefs & Baltimore helped themselves the most this offseason. WTF did the Browns and Giants do? I know the Browns got a new coach and a rookie WR but what else? I can't even think of one player the Giants picked up

They got Plaxico Burress

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 10:24 AM
the poll question was improved itself, so re-signing players or players coming off injury wouldn't count as an improvement.

The Chiefs lost Blaylock, Biesel & Morton. Picked up Bell, Surtain, Knight, & drafted Johnson. Hall & Mitchell a improvement? Colquitt?. They gained more than they lost.

As far as I recall, Baltimore lost (edit :banghead: ) Baxter, Hartwell & Kevin Johnson. Gained Rolle & Mason, I don't know about their draft.

Phobia
06-21-2005, 10:28 AM
If you send somebody out on their ass, have you really "lost" them?

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
If you send somebody out on their ass, have you really "lost" them?

Morton, Blaylock & Biesel did contribute last year...so they should count as a loss. How big of a loss :shrug:

beavis
06-21-2005, 10:43 AM
It's going to be fun watching the Raiders get all 5 of their wins this year.

Chiefnj
06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
I think the single biggest FA move this offseason was Warner to the Cards. They've got some good receivers. If the line can give him time they could compete in a poor division.

Best moves for a team KC and Baltimore.

Mile High Mania
06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't call Warner to the Cards the singles best move... he's as mobile as Bledsoe. Hell, I'd say Bledsoe to Dallas was better than Warner to AZ.

Baltimore also snagged rookie WR Michael Clayton in the draft, along with Mason ... that's a nice improvement.

The Browns... lost KWII again, drafted Braylon Edwards, picked up Dilfer, rid themselves of their spares... I mean, Denver robbed them of their underachievers that suffered on a bad team...

Giants... I don't know that getting Plax is enough to consider improvement.

Oakland will get the big press due to the wow factor of Moss. I think Jordan will surprise many as I think he's going to do great things under Turner.

Hell, over the offseason... I would say the Vikings did the most. Yes, Moss is gone, but they have Nate, Robinson and drafted Troy Williamson ... not to mention the defensive moves. Damn, in that division, they could dominate.

NJ Chief Fan
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
the poll question was improved itself, so re-signing players or players coming off injury wouldn't count as an improvement.

The Chiefs lost Blaylock, Biesel & Morton. Picked up Bell, Surtain, Knight, & drafted Johnson. Hall & Mitchell a improvement? Colquitt?. They gained more than they lost.

As far as I recall, Baltimore lost McCallister, Hartwell & Kevin Johnson. Gained Rolle & Mason, I don't know about their draft.

the ravens lost McCallister? dude i think you got things twisted

are you mistaking McCallister for Boulware?

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
the ravens lost McCallister? dude i think you got things twisted

are you mistaking McCallister for Boulware?

my bad CB Gary Baxter

ROYC75
06-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Is Randy Moss the NFL's Rich Scanlon?

http://www.nfl.com/ poll (lower right)

Which of these teams that missed the 2004 playoffs has improved itself the most this offseason?

Baltimore
Cleveland
Kansas City
N.Y. Giants
Oakland

Oh no way, Moss is more flamboyant. BTA Moss is no Scanlon either, Moss has never made a ST's tackle and penalty in the same game.:rolleyes: :D

ct
06-21-2005, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't call Warner to the Cards the singles best move... he's as mobile as Bledsoe. Hell, I'd say Bledsoe to Dallas was better than Warner to AZ.

Baltimore also snagged rookie WR Michael Clayton in the draft, along with Mason ... that's a nice improvement.

The Browns... lost KWII again, drafted Braylon Edwards, picked up Dilfer, rid themselves of their spares... I mean, Denver robbed them of their underachievers that suffered on a bad team...

Giants... I don't know that getting Plax is enough to consider improvement.

Oakland will get the big press due to the wow factor of Moss. I think Jordan will surprise many as I think he's going to do great things under Turner.

Hell, over the offseason... I would say the Vikings did the most. Yes, Moss is gone, but they have Nate, Robinson and drafted Troy Williamson ... not to mention the defensive moves. Damn, in that division, they could dominate.

Mark Clayton, also drafted DE Dan Cody

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 11:42 AM
smilie check :Scanlon:

:):)

Warrior5
06-21-2005, 11:56 AM
WTF did the Browns and Giants do?

Don't know about the Giants, but the Browns gave their entire D-line to the Donx. :D

ROYC75
06-21-2005, 12:01 PM
smilie check :Scanlon:

:):)

That's funny....... But I was try'n to be as well.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
That's funny....... But I was try'n to be as well.

I know :) takes the heat off the rest of us

who's the poor bastard (holdman) that got this one :holdman: