PDA

View Full Version : HBO On Demand.....ROCKS!!!

KCChiefsMan
06-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I just ordered HBO and it comes with HBO on Demand which is AWESOME!!! I would highly recommend it to anybody. Missed Curb Your Enthusiasm tonight? no problem....
love it!

chagrin
06-22-2005, 06:31 AM
I would like to add that if anyone here wants to watch any football game on a given Sunday that you can order something called direct ticket, I think it allows the subscriber to watch any football game during the NFL season...cool!

:p

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 06:37 AM
I would like to add that if anyone here wants to watch any football game on a given Sunday that you can order something called direct ticket, I think it allows the subscriber to watch any football game during the NFL season...cool!

:p
ROFL

KCTitus
06-22-2005, 06:45 AM
if you miss the newest version of 'Curb' you have to wait up to 3 days to see it 'on demand'---because HBO will sometimes to an 'encore' replay the following day, then 24 hours to get it up on 'on demand'.

on demand pretty much licks, especially HBO.

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 08:32 AM
if you miss the newest version of 'Curb' you have to wait up to 3 days to see it 'on demand'---because HBO will sometimes to an 'encore' replay the following day, then 24 hours to get it up on 'on demand'.

on demand pretty much licks, especially HBO.

ya, I wish the updated their HBO series more. But I still like it

Iowanian
06-22-2005, 08:35 AM
I've just started watching Enterage. Thats a show I think I can watch. Some pretty good one liners.

"do you know how much P@ss I've gotten that I haven't deserved?"-turtle aka kcchiefsman

"all of it"-danger

sd4chiefs
06-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I just ordered HBO and it comes with HBO on Demand which is AWESOME!!! I would highly recommend it to anybody. Missed Curb Your Enthusiasm tonight? no problem....
love it!

HBO rocks at first but then after about a month you realize that they show the same sh*t over and over again. They have shown the Harry Potter movie about 10,000 times in the last month.

chagrin
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
OZ

BigRedChief
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
HBO rocks at first but then after about a month you realize that they show the same sh*t over and over again. They have shown the Harry Potter movie about 10,000 times in the last month.

what he said :banghead:

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 09:28 AM

Thats what the HBO on Demand is for. So you can pick whatever movie/series you want when you want to watch it

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Does it cost extra?

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I just wish that they had more than one HBO channel on HD. Or if On Demand was in HD.

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Does it cost extra?

no, it comes with HBO in Lawrence, I don't think if they offer it everywhere though

sd4chiefs
06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Thats what the HBO on Demand is for. So you can pick whatever movie/series you want when you want to watch it

I have TIVO for that.

Saulbadguy
06-22-2005, 09:39 AM
I have TIVO for that.
This is different, though. Lets say i'm bored on a sunday afternoon and want to watch a movie. Instead of having to had recorded it earlier, I can just pick what I want then, and watch it. I hope they get this in my area soon. There is an "On demand" button on my remote. It doesnt' do anything though. :shake:

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
This is different, though. Lets say i'm bored on a sunday afternoon and want to watch a movie. Instead of having to had recorded it earlier, I can just pick what I want then, and watch it. I hope they get this in my area soon. There is an "On demand" button on my remote. It doesnt' do anything though. :shake:Well, if you are bored on a sunday afternoon during the fall, you have a other issues to deal with...

chagrin
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I thought you were kidding Chiefs Man, On Demand is pretty common nowadays. I've got all movie channels, except Starz and an on demand for each of them. They've also got on demand for cnn (if ya like that commie trash), Court TV, A&E, National Geographic (tribal titties, yahoo! but they have other shit too), Food TV, My Music on Demand, Cartoon Net, Comedy Net, etc...it's cool.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2005, 09:51 AM
My sister has all this stuff on Time Warner. Its cool, but its still no match for DTV. NFL Sunday ticket. I live in Ohio, I have no choice...

KCTitus
06-22-2005, 09:57 AM
This is different, though. Lets say i'm bored on a sunday afternoon and want to watch a movie. Instead of having to had recorded it earlier, I can just pick what I want then, and watch it. I hope they get this in my area soon. There is an "On demand" button on my remote. It doesnt' do anything though. :shake:

You're assuming that out of the 100-200 movies available via 'On demand' are worth a damn. The 'free' movies suck, havent changed in 9 months. The stuff that is offered via the movie channels, require you to subscribe to the movie channel to get their lineup and it's typically the same old stuff rehashed, mostly movies that never made it to the theatre to begin with. Then there is the pay movies...other than the 5-6 'new' movies that just came out on DVD, the same stuff is there that's been there since January.

It's really pathetic.

chagrin
06-22-2005, 10:05 AM
just go to the hbo website and click on the on demand link. Some of the channels throw some good movies on from time to time, but I like the series, you can watch the wire, oz, sopranos, Real Sports, if ya like that and over on Showtime, dead like me, etc...and the nudie "after dark" shows.

BigRedChief
06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
no, it comes with HBO in Lawrence, I don't think if they offer it everywhere though

I pay 6 bucks a month for it through Time Warner

Bootlegged
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Entourage baby.

Iowanian
06-22-2005, 02:00 PM
"I came over here to appologize, I'd have rather been with you last night, but instead I got drunk and Effed a Perfect 10 model, and I effed her again this morning".

that, and the "do you know how much I've gotten that I didn't deserve? All of it" lines.....along with

"Its @n@l secks night at our house, I'm going home to punish the wife......

I'm totally watching that show, and probably pillaging some material to use on you knucklehumpers at some point.

Ghostof
06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Iowanian, you sure do talk alot of smack.

wtf is your problem anyways. Dont give me the poor lame excuses you did back in March either.

Iowanian
06-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Keep your eye on the ball, sport.

whoman69
06-22-2005, 02:54 PM
This might have been ok when HBO still showed movies. Now they show their crappy series all week with 10,000 showings of the latest movie that nobody wants to see.

Bootlegged
06-22-2005, 03:37 PM
"I came over here to appologize, I'd have rather been with you last night, but instead I got drunk and Effed a Perfect 10 model, and I effed her again this morning".

that, and the "do you know how much I've gotten that I didn't deserve? All of it" lines.....along with

"Its @n@l secks night at our house, I'm going home to punish the wife......

I'm totally watching that show, and probably pillaging some material to use on you knucklehumpers at some point.

I can't believe I missed Season 1, never even heard of it. I just Netflix'd it and caught up today. Funny shit.

Calcountry
06-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I go to Turner Classics, and find old gems on the program guide, then Tivo em, watch em instead of re runs in the summer.

Currently I am viewing a recording of "Soylent Green", one of my favorites.

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I pay 6 bucks a month for it through Time Warner

well HBO is $15 a month and it comes with On Demand. It also has one of the HBO channels on HD. But it's in Lawrence w/Sunflower

KCChiefsMan
06-22-2005, 05:27 PM
I thought you were kidding Chiefs Man, On Demand is pretty common nowadays. I've got all movie channels, except Starz and an on demand for each of them. They've also got on demand for cnn (if ya like that commie trash), Court TV, A&E, National Geographic (tribal titties, yahoo! but they have other shit too), Food TV, My Music on Demand, Cartoon Net, Comedy Net, etc...it's cool.

wow, thats cool. I know my Mom is jealous because they don't offer it with her local cable co. or her satellite dish

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 05:38 PM
A customer told me you can order HBO for as little as one day on Directv. Just go into your Directv website and turn it on. Then watch (record) what you want to see and turn it back off. They then prorate your bill for the number of days you had it on. 40 cents per day. I haven't tried it though so caveat emptor.