PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims

dtrain
06-23-2005, 10:08 AM
It has been said that he was only good in college because he played next to Julius Peppers. What if he was moved to the same side as Jarred Allen? Do you think that would help his game at all?

Frankie
06-23-2005, 10:10 AM
FWIW, I have also heard that Peppers was so good because he played with Sims.

Brock
06-23-2005, 10:12 AM

Yeah. ROFL :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
06-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Sims actually looked good at the practice. I saw him push the pocket with authority. I still think he has a lazy streak, but I expect to see him make a bigger contribution this year.

ptlyon
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
FWIW, I have also heard that both of them were good because they played in college football, not the NFL.

nascher
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
lol

Peppers is one of the Best DE's in Football.
Jared is a "Rookie" who had one good Season as Pass Rusher.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
i thought Sims was playing next to Allen ... in the 3 spot.

?

TRing
06-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Look what each are doing in the NFL and that should pretty much some that one up for you. Peppers=Playmaker, Sims=Bust (so far!)

Brock
06-23-2005, 10:21 AM
i thought Sims was playing next to Allen ... in the 3 spot.

?

The depth chart says otherwise. :shrug:

BigChiefFan
06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
I saw Allen and Hicks flip sides on a few plays during practice.

redfan
06-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Peppers is an incredible athlete. I remember watching him play hoop on TV. A monster in the paint, w/ decent hands. I always thought he could've also played TE.
Sims has got a serious case of tankass. If he doesn't get his fat butt motivated, the Chiefs need to cut their losses and move on. Sims got a lot of caischmoney, and so far he's produced exactly deeyack (no pun intended).
He's a DV pick, so I guess there's some loyalty there, but dam I wish he'd do SOMEthing.

Frankie
06-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Look what each are doing in the NFL and that should pretty much some that one up for you. Peppers=Playmaker, Sims=Bust (so far!)
That wasn't MY opinion. It was a quote I had heard.

RedThat
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Peppers may have turned out to be a better player than Ryan Sims. But, look at the talent he's got in Carolina folks? Look at that defensive line? Peppers, Jenkins, Buckner, and Rucker. Now, compare that to ours. Allen, Dalton, Sims, and Hicks. That's like apples and oranges. i'll bet if anyone of our D-line players went there they'd be productive. What a surrounding cast Carolina has...best in football, imo.

TEX
06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Peppers may have turned out to be a better player than Ryan Sims. But, look at the talent he's got in Carolina folks? Look at that defensive line? Peppers, Jenkins, Buckner, and Rucker. Now, compare that to ours. Allen, Dalton, Sims, and Hicks. That's like apples and oranges. i'll bet if anyone of our D-line players went there they'd be productive. What a surrounding cast Carolina has...best in football, imo.

Keep in mind that this is the same Bukner that played for the CHIEFS for a short period of time. I remember that he had no talent then... :hmmm:

Brock
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Keep in mind that this is the same Bukner that played for the CHIEFS for a short period of time. I remember that he had no talent then... :hmmm:

He didn't even make the team. Marty sent him packing.

TEX
06-23-2005, 02:56 PM
He didn't even make the team. Marty sent him packing.

Yep. That's exactly where I was going.

ck_IN
06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Sims is a lazy bastige that made waves in college because he could just physically dominate. In the NFL everyone is a physical beast. His check is clearing and he knows DV won't cut him because he's a top DV pick so life is good.

Hopefully when DV hits the road Sims will be close behind him.

beer bacon
06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Peppers and Sims are both beasts, but not the same type of beasts...

One returns interceptions for 90+ yards. The other once turned down the role of Jabba in the new Star Wars TV series.

Deberg_1990
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Ive resigned myself to the fact that Sims will never be the "Stud" Superstar that we thought we were getting when we drafted him. Thanks alot John Bunting!! Hopefully he can at least develop into a decent working player who makes plays on occasion and can push the pocket and run stuff. Anywho, he should not be re-signed when his contract is up.