PDA

View Full Version : weirdo next door, what to do?

saturnknts
06-23-2005, 10:32 PM
we live in a mobile home park and there has been a guy sleeping in his car every night this week. it's not the neighbor, but apparently a friend of his. parks his car and stays out in it all night. if it is a friend or family member then why doesnt the neighbor let him in his house? this weirdo was out cleaning his wheels, hubs and all, at like 130 am(seriously). really starting to freak me out. i have two young daughters and it's just weird seeing him out there all night.

i guess i just dont want any trouble but should i call the park security or the cops? there are only two other houses that could find him suspicious and call on him so that is why i am afraid of him getting pissed and retaliating. the girls sleep in the bedroom by the road :(

any suggestions.

KCJake
06-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Wow, that is weird?

Not really sure what you should do though :hmmm:

In the middle of the night, you could start the car on fire :shrug:

Taco John
06-23-2005, 10:42 PM
You might try out-wierding the wierd-o. Start by sleeping in your kid's radio flyer wagon in the front yard, and see if that scares him off...

Taco John
06-23-2005, 10:43 PM
The word "shoo" repeated over and over also seem to have warding properties...

Simplex3
06-23-2005, 10:47 PM
You live in a trailer park and this is the first weird guy you've seen? You must have just moved in last week.

Either that or the parks in Wichita are WAY different than the one I lived in in Manhattan, KS. :shrug:

As for the weirdo:

I'd either ride it out or ask the guy that lives where the freak is parking if he knows what is going on and how long it's going to last.

chief52
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Call the police and have them do a "drive by". Then when they see someone sleeping in the car they can say they stop due to abnormal situation. They can quiz him down without bringing suspicion to you I would think.

Frazod
06-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I wonder if he participated in our "what's the longest you've ever lived in your car?" thread.... :hmmm:

Seriously, call the cops. They should run him off.

tk13
06-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Build a mountain of mashed potatoes in your yard, set the grass on fire, and run around your yard naked screaming "Rich Scanlon! Oh mighty Scanlon! Praise us with your presence, eat our potatoes, and impregnate our women! Deliver us from our Scanlonless ways!"

Skip Towne
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
I wonder if he participated in our "what's the longest you've ever lived in your car?" thread.... :hmmm:

Seriously, call the cops. They should run him off.
I guess the vagrancy laws have been struck down. Back "in the day" they had what was called "paroled to float". When a cop found somebody with no visible means of support they assumed it could only result in trouble (I agree). So the cops "vagged them" and gave them the choice of jail or being paroled to float which meant get out of town and don't come back.

trndobrd
06-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Leave the guy alone and do nothing.

On a completely unrelated topic...hunting season is right around the corner. Don't wait until the night before opening day to start cleaning the guns. Get to it now! Remember, the rest of the family doesn't like the smell of solvents in the house, so you better take it out to the front porch.

luv
06-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Leave the guy alone and do nothing.

On a completely unrelated topic...hunting season is right around the corner. Don't wait until the night before opening day to start cleaning the guns. Get to it now! Remember, the rest of the family doesn't like the smell of solvents in the house, so you better take it out to the front porch.
Isn't rifle hunting season in November? :hmmm:

(Not to worry. Only playing dumb this time. I do get the joke.)

MichaelH
06-24-2005, 04:47 AM
It is wierd but I'd let the authorities handle the situation. Or maybe you could ask the next door neighbor what's up. As for your young children, try using a 12 gauge for target practice in the backyard. I don't think he'd dare bother them after that.

Bwana
06-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Hmmm? :hmmm: I wouldn't be to thrilled about something like that. Like someone else said, call the Police and have them do a drive by if you don't want to go have a chat with him.

If you do go have a chat with him, you could always "out strange him." Pop an Alka Selzer in your mouth so you're all frothed up like Old Yeller. Drag a leg, develop a twitch and have a crazy look in your eyes like you just got back from an alien abduction. A random unexpained speech flaw such as Klingon would be a nice touch. (Send gochiefs a smoke to obtian proper technique) Make a tinfoil hat and wear it when you go over there. (Contact jAZ or D-neise for proper technique) Tell car boy, "I know who sent you and I'm not going back!" Develop an evil laugh and use it.

If all else fails, you could always resort to a well placed Bird Bomb. :evil:

Goapics1
06-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Maybe his meth lab is in his car.

Iowanian
06-24-2005, 07:54 AM
I think about 3am, you should put on your braveheart paint, wear nothing but a pair of old boxers, you've cut in 1" strips to the waistband..........and sneak up next to his car, hold a flashlight under your chin(directed up your face) and do your best Sasquatch scream/yell to wake him up and run his ass off.

that........or sleep in that radio flier in the front yard.......with your shotgun.

If that doesn't work.......Shoot a whistler bottle rocket at him every 2-3 hours, every night.

Better yet...........maybe just put a string of black cats under his car....long fuse.......watch from hidden position with glee.

Call the law and have them do a driveby to check things out..........so this cat doesn't jump from the car and cut your sack off with his box cutter when he sees you coming towards his hotel Buick.

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I recommend explosives. Everybody understands explosives.

Frosty
06-24-2005, 08:11 AM
If you don't want weirdos for neighbors, you should probably move out of the trailer park.

Predarat
06-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Have you thought about putting out a bowl of antifreeze? The wierdo will think it is green koolaide punch and drink it!

Iowanian
06-24-2005, 08:33 AM
You think the guy is strange now? Just wait until you get up early and find he and the neighbor DPing your rolled, morning paper after spending too much time tending the meth lab in the back of that car the night before.

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 08:40 AM
You think the guy is strange now? Just wait until you get up early and find he and the neighbor DPing your rolled, morning paper after spending too much time tending the meth lab in the back of that car the night before.
You're just jealous 'cause you don't have a meth lab.

Phobia
06-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Have you thought about putting out a bowl of antifreeze? The wierdo will think it is green koolaide punch and drink it!

Heh - I love that joke. It's still alive. Nice work.

Predarat
06-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Heh - I love that joke. It's still alive. Nice work.
Thanks! Just dont let Chiefs4ME see it. She just doesnt see the humor!

Goapics1
06-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Piss in his coffee.

ChiTown
06-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Invite him over for dinner and then kill him................................I saw it in a movie once (I cried at that movie)

KcMizzou
06-24-2005, 09:57 AM
we live in a mobile home park and there has been a guy sleeping in his car every night this week.

Yeah.... sorry about that. You see, we had this fire...

KC Kings
06-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Doesn't everybody sleep in a vehical at a mobile home park?

Since you are new, I would recommend using the search function and looking up "wierdo neighbors". There was a pretty good thread about somebodies obese, deaf, nymphomaniac neighbors that had wild sex every night while making noises that sound like a mix between Tracy Lords and Hellen Keller. Reading that story will let you know that you don't have it that bad.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks! Just dont let Chiefs4ME see it. She just doesnt see the humor!

:harumph:

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 10:04 AM
I don't think you guys on here should be giving the man crap about where he lives. I don't find that funny at all.

Go up to the werido and ask him what the hell he is doing, and why he is sleeping in his car. If he doesn't give you the answer you want, then call the police, it's your right.

Skip Towne
06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't think you guys on here should be giving the man crap about where he lives. I don't find that funny at all.

Go up to the werido and ask him what the hell he is doing, and why he is sleeping in his car. If he doesn't give you the answer you want, then call the police, it's your right.
In your case it would be easy. Just go over and talk to him several times a day. He'll get really annoyed and leave.

Eleazar
06-24-2005, 10:15 AM
In your case it would be easy. Just go over and talk to him several times a day. He'll get really annoyed and leave.

ROFL

Yeah, put DP on him, that will fix the situation in minutes.

C-Mac
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Install yourself a new set of directional 120 watt halogen flood lamps. Then borrow two or three beagle's from someone and tie them up on a short chain in the yard close to him.

If that dont run him off, then I suggest calling police with your anonymous concerns.

Phobia
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM

Oh shutup. Nobody has even broken out the "so I've been sleeping in my car because I'm married to chiefs4me and my creepy neighbor keeps looking out the window of his trailer" material yet.

Seriously, the trailer jokes have been mild thus far.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 11:12 AM

If he pays for my gas up that way....I would be happy to help.:p

Phobia
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
If he pays for my gas up that way....I would be happy to help.:p

Trust me, we all pay for your gas. I really wish you'd get that IBS checked out.

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh shutup. Nobody has even broken out the "so I've been sleeping in my car because I'm married to chiefs4me and my creepy neighbor keeps looking out the window of his trailer" material yet.

Seriously, the trailer jokes have been mild thus far.

shut up....shut up....I don't think so.:grr:

chiefs4me
06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Trust me, we all pay for your gas. I really wish you'd get that IBS checked out.

:rolleyes:...somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed this am......

Mr. Laz
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
talk to the guy that lives there ...

if he knows him, then just let it go.

RedThat
06-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Build a mountain of mashed potatoes in your yard, set the grass on fire, and run around your yard naked screaming "Rich Scanlon! Oh mighty Scanlon! Praise us with your presence, eat our potatoes, and impregnate our women! Deliver us from our Scanlonless ways!"

This should help quite a bit...really
:rolleyes: :shake: ROFL ROFL

C-Mac
06-24-2005, 12:36 PM

You also might try bringing a big Bible along with you too and then at an opportune time casually ask "have you found the Lord yet?"