PDA

View Full Version : Son's Surgery went well...

Vegas_Dave
06-24-2005, 08:20 PM
My 10 month old Carson has his surgery today and all went well. They did have to do an incision on the front of his nose which will leave a scar, the doctor was hoping to not have to do it.

He gave us a nice little scare about 30 minutes ago. See my boy likes to crawl underneath the couch when he goes to poop. Weird. Well, he always gets stuck and usually face down. Sure enough, he did it and blood was EVERYWHERE because his nose (where his surgery was) was pressed hard to the floor.

We got it stopped really quickly and it appears that the stitches are all still in place, and he is fine now. Fun.

Pants
06-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Chicks dig scars. He'll be a player when he grows up. Good to hear everything went good.

Fat Elvis
06-24-2005, 08:27 PM
That's great to hear. It's even better to hear that he is up to his old tricks--it means he feels normal.

DanT
06-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Great news!

Phobia
06-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Cool.

headsnap
06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
:thumb:

Uncle Fester
06-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Glad all is well. Sounds like a tough little bugger!

Earthling
06-24-2005, 08:45 PM
:thumb:

What headsnap said!

Mr. Kotter
06-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Hang in there....glad things are okay. :thumb:

ChiefsFire
06-24-2005, 10:57 PM
My 10 month old Carson has his surgery today and all went well. They did have to do an incision on the front of his nose which will leave a scar, the doctor was hoping to not have to do it.

He gave us a nice little scare about 30 minutes ago. See my boy likes to crawl underneath the couch when he goes to poop. Weird. Well, he always gets stuck and usually face down. Sure enough, he did it and blood was EVERYWHERE because his nose (where his surgery was) was pressed hard to the floor.

We got it stopped really quickly and it appears that the stitches are all still in place, and he is fine now. Fun.
though i was the only guy who liked to crawl under the couch ta poot...

oh well
seriuosly glad all is well

Braincase
06-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Glad to hear the prognosis is good Dave.

More prayers heading your boys way for a very slight scar that can be esily remedied with a bit of cosmetic surgery when he's old enough.

chiefs4me
06-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Great news.......hope the little chiefs fan makes a full recovery. What is his name?

Calcountry
06-25-2005, 10:11 AM

We got it stopped really quickly and it appears that the stitches are all still in place, and he is fine now. Fun.Sounds like you have a future linemen there. :thumb:

Glad everything went well.

Dallas Chief
06-25-2005, 10:39 AM
My son had his cleft lip repaired at 6 months. You can hardly even tell now. Glad to hear he's doing well...

teedubya
06-25-2005, 10:48 AM
shit like that is scary for a parent... glad to hear all is well.

WilliamTheIrish
06-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Super news, Dave-o.

Does vegas have a children's hospital? I've been thinking of re-locating in the near future.

Vegas_Dave
06-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Super news, Dave-o.

Does vegas have a children's hospital? I've been thinking of re-locating in the near future.

Vegas has two hospitals that have outstanding Children's centers, UMC (where our surgery was) as well as Sunrise. There are also a couple of Level II nursery hospitals now as well.

Thanks all. Carson is definately up to his old tricks and today has not been phased at all. He has not even needed anyting like Motrin for pain at all. Hes just being the little anwry cuss that I raise my boys to be.

go bo
06-25-2005, 06:30 PM
great news, vd... :toast:

oh shit, did i just type "vd"?

the current term is std, i believe... :harumph:

but, seriously, glad to hear about the boy... :D :D :D

KS Smitty
06-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Glad things went well for Carson! Sounds like he is well on the road to recovery!

ROYC75
06-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Great News Dave.......

Thanks for the update and here's for a speedy recovery !