PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching the Mayweather vs Gatti fight??

B_Ambuehl
06-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Trying to get some round by round updates :)

ZootedGranny
06-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Go sign up at http://www.boxingscene.com they will have round by round coverage.

They are still in the first undercard bout.

ragedogg69
06-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I am.

midget boxing now.

alanm
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
It's PPV. F*ck that!! I'd rather pay for the WWE with the state of boxing these days. :cuss:

B_Ambuehl
06-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Go sign up at http://www.boxingscene.com they will have round by round coverage.

ahh hell i tried to but hey were having a problem with their forum registration or something and I couldn't regster :(

eazyb81
06-25-2005, 07:53 PM
It's PPV. F*ck that!! I'd rather pay for the WWE with the state of boxing these days. :cuss:

I wouldn't think about buying a heavyweight fight, but Mayweather and Gatti are two of the very best boxers in the world, regardless of weight class.

alanm
06-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't think about buying a heavyweight fight, but Mayweather and Gatti are two of the very best boxers in the world, regardless of weight class.
Regardless, I hope Mayweather wins. I think I'll wait until it's broadcast on Fox sports sometime down the road if it turns out to be a good fight.

Iowanian
06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I wish I were, but I'm not going to pay ppv, when I think it will be on HBO later this week.

I don't like Mayweather's attitude at all, and I hope Gatti punches his guts out his arse.

ZootedGranny
06-25-2005, 09:31 PM
SPOILERS FOR THE MAIN EVENT, Gatti versus Mayweather.

DON'T SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WARNED.

Mayweather comes out to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" while being carried in a throne by guys dressed as Roman soldiers. Gatti enters the arena to pyro and some rock.

First round:

Round 1 - They start boxing, Mayweather jabs. Floyd going for a hook. Mayweather with a combo, right hand by the left hook. Mayweather jabbing, Gatti misses an uppercut. Gatti chant breaks out. Mayweather blocking every Gatti shots. Gatti missing a few jabs. Right hand by Floyd. Red spot under the right eye of Gatti. Left hook by Mayweather. Gatti misses a big right. Left by Gatti. Jab by Mayweather. Gatti gets hot with two lefts and he is down. Gatti got caught while he was complaining to the ref that he got hit on the break. Huge round for Floyd.

Second round:

Round 2 - Gatti now looks more stiff. Floyd with two good hooks. Mayweather is so much faster that he is landing 3 punches to ever shot Gatti lands or misses. Gatti with a left hook to the body. Floyd is unloading some left hooks in this round and Mayweather is peppering Gatti with big shots. Mayweather looks strong and both of Gatti's eyes are swelling up. A right by Floyd and another. Huge left hook by Floyd and a right hand. Two right hands by Mayweather. Floyd is landing at will. Huge round by Mayweather again.

Third round:

Round 3 - HBO gave Mayweather a 10-8 round for the last round since it was so one-sided. Left hook by Mayweather pushes Gatti back. Bodyshot by Gatti, pretty low. Ref warns Gatti. Left by Floyd. Double right hook by Floyd. Floyd is jabbing. Combo to the body by Floyd and a right upstairs, ref warsn Floyd to keep his punches up. Right by Gatti. Right hand by Floyd and another. Floyd jabbing to the body. Gatti misses a big right. Another round for Mayweather.

Fourth round:

Round 4 - Floyd jabbing, Gatti tries to get Mayweather in a corner and Floyd gets away. Left by Floyd. Combo by Floyd, jab by Floyd. Right by Floyd and Mayweather jabbing. Huge 5 punch combo by Floyd. Floyd now blasting Gatti with big shots to the head and body at will, this is brutal right now. Mayweather jabbing and lands two more big shots. Mayweather landing to the head and body. Left eye of Gatti is closing shut. Huge round for Mayweather.

Fifth round:

Round 5 - Floyd with a jab. Gatti with a left to the body. Gatti missing some bodyshots. Floyd jabs to the body and to the head. Ref warns Floyd about putting a forearm in Gatti's face. Fight has slowed down now. Right by Floyd and a body shot. Another right by Floyd. Combo by Mayweather. Gatti misses a big right. Big right in return by Floyd lands. Double right hand by Floyd. Another round for Floyd.

Sixth round:

Round 6 - Mayweather has landed 81 to Gatti's 8 power punches so far. Combo by Floyd and another. Bodyshot and two big shots to the head by Floyd, big bodyshot hurts Gatti and Floyd now landing some big shots to the head and body. Floyd is beating Gatti like a ragdoll right now. Floyd is hitting Gatti with so many shots that the ref looks ready to stop this. Huge right by Floyd and a left, another right by Floyd.

The corner of Gatti has stopped the fight. This fight is over. Mayweather is the new champion and brutally beat the holy hell out of Gatti tonight. New WBC 140 pound champion, Floyd Mayweather.
SPOILERS OVER

Delano
06-25-2005, 09:54 PM
I had to laugh at the pre-fight shenanigans when Mayweather said that Gatti had so much plastic surgery he looked Chinese.

Skip Towne
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Having to read the round by round description of a fight takes me all the way back to the '30's when people gathered in front of an appliance store who had their radio wired to loudspeakers outside the store. During the '50's, a fight like this would have been on free TV with Gillette Blue Blades paying the bill. Damn the people that pay for ppv. I never thought ppv would fly but it did.

UteChief
06-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I tried to see the highlights on ESPN news but they only talked about it. When are fights rebroadcast on HBO?

ragedogg69
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/NJME106062600_1024x768.jpg

Earthling
06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I was hoping for a different ending..Gotta hand it to Mayweather. (Even though his attitude does suck big time).

ZootedGranny
06-25-2005, 11:05 PM
I tried to see the highlights on ESPN news but they only talked about it. When are fights rebroadcast on HBO?

It's generally the Saturday after the fight, so it should come on next weekend.

Mr. Kotter
06-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Boxing is still LEGAL? I'll be damned.... :hmmm:

Heh. :p

Rausch
06-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Just saw the replay.

Damn. Gatti got 0wn3d like Floyd Patterson...