PDA

View Full Version : What foods do you hate?

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-27-2005, 09:33 AM
I can't stomach most fruit... especially banana's, oranges or any kind of melon. Not sure what food group rhubarb and zuccinni are in but I can't stand than them either.

Anything pumpkin must die... no thanks to apple pie (only like apples themselves..apples IN somthing are yuck)

Cinnemon and cinnemon flavored things need to keep thier distance from me.

Most types of eggs are gross....must be scrambled just right... NO RUNNYNESS for me to eat them.

Other than that I'm not too picky of an eater....but I'm sure I'll think of more.

Cormac
06-27-2005, 09:36 AM
celery

:Lin:

....that was easy.....

morphius
06-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I can't stomach most fruit... especially banana's, oranges or any kind of melon. Not sure what food group rhubarb and zuccinni are in but I can't stand than them either.

Anything pumpkin must die... no thanks to apple pie (only like apples themselves..apples IN somthing are yuck)

I hate almost all veggies, fresh out of the garden, steamed, canned... Doesn't matter, just yuck! Rhubarb Jelly rocks!

Cinnemon and cinnemon flavored things need to keep thier distance from me.

I love cinnemon, but I flippen despise pepermint!!!

jspchief
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Onion.

Goapics1
06-27-2005, 09:42 AM
The smell of fried fish makes me want to vomit. My mother in law used to make that shit everyday and her house smelled like it. Just disturbing.

Kclee
Onion.

and also mushrooms.

alpha_omega
Tomatoes...

...and...

...anything Chinese!

luv
06-27-2005, 09:44 AM
I love raw carrots, but I can't stand them if they're cooked and mushy. I guess also anything you have to doctor up to eat, like grits or something.

HC_Chief
06-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Cooked spinach. That's hot pond scum, people... can't believe you actually eat that foul stuff.

Mushrooms. *Gack* Fungus that grows on poop. DOn't like the taste, nor texture.

Cooked green beans - don't like the flavor. Love 'em raw.

Cooked carrots - same as green beans.

Tomato. Blech. I like tomato products (sauces), just not raw/cooked tomato.

Eleazar
06-27-2005, 09:47 AM
The smell of mustard will literally make me gag. I can't even watch others eat it without getting nauseated. If I get a burger or something from drive through, even if I get on the highway and am long gone before I noticed that they screwed up my order and put mustard on it, I'm still not eating it. I either turn around and go back or toss it out the window. The most vile disgusting substance on earth :Lin:

luv
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Cooked spinach. That's hot pond scum, people... can't believe you actually eat that foul stuff.
Same here, although sometimes I like it cooked into stuff, like spinach dip (made with alfredo sauce) or a friend of mine's mom used to make the best spinach lasagna, but otherwise, NASTY!

Predarat
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
I cannot stand Mushrooms. Liver is nasty also.

KCFalcon59
06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Hominy.

Nasty chit!

Goapics1
Tuna casserole.

Skip Towne
Turkey dressing. That stuff is nasty.

HC_Chief
06-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Same here, although sometimes I like it cooked into stuff, like spinach dip (made with alfredo sauce) or a friend of mine's mom used to make the best spinach lasagna, but otherwise, NASTY!

Yeah, I can stand it in certain foods... but only in moderation.
RAW spinach is yummy :) (have to wash it thoroughly though - to ensure it's not gritty)

HemiEd
06-27-2005, 09:53 AM
I like everything mentioned so far except the runny eggs. I do not like raw fish, that is why we were given fire to cook with.

Oh, sweet potatoes, nasty. Do not eat them.

HC_Chief
06-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Turkey dressing. That stuff is nasty.

It obviously wasn't made correctly. I use my mom's sage stuffing recipe... it is awesome. My wife used to hate stuffing 'til I made her try this stuff; now she loves it :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
celery

....that was easy.....
I'll second that one.

Cooked tomatoes too... holy lord that's just wrong.

Skip Towne
06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
It obviously wasn't made correctly. I use my mom's sage stuffing recipe... it is awesome. My wife used to hate stuffing 'til I made her try this stuff; now she loves it :)
Nope. That shit looks like it has already been eaten.

Kclee
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
That shit looks like it has already been eaten.

Well, that's what shit is, stuff(ing) that has already been eaten.

jspchief
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
The smell of mustard will literally make me gag. I can't even watch others eat it without getting nauseated. If I get a burger or something from drive through, even if I get on the highway and am long gone before I noticed that they screwed up my order and put mustard on it, I'm still not eating it. I either turn around and go back or toss it out the window. The most vile disgusting substance on earth :Lin:Substitute onion for mustard in this quote, and that pretty much describes me to a tee.

RedThat
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I cannot stand Mushrooms. Liver is nasty also.

I can't stand Liver....ughh!!

RedNFeisty
06-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Hominy.

Nasty chit!

Hominy and Liver. Yuck!

Lzen
06-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Ewww, hominy. I'm not real picky. I'll eat most foods. But there are a few things that I don't like.

*olives
*tomatos - However, I'll eat 'em diced on a taco but just not plain. And I do love ketchup.
*black licorice
*oysters
*salmon - Although I haven't tried it since I was a kid so it's possible my tastes have changed
*cheesecake

Nzoner
06-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Liver,lima beans,hominy,brussel sprouts and pretty much any domestic beer.

Andoverer
06-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Octopus....it's just like you'd imagine. Like eating a rubber tube. I like practically every food on the planet other than that. I am definitely not finicky.....like you all are. Heh heh

Chieficus
06-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Fish of any flavor... the stuff hits my tongue and the gag reflexes kick in and stuff comes up...

The smell is enough to turn my stomach... ::shiver::

Mr. Laz
06-27-2005, 10:46 AM
goat cheese ... at least that's what i call it

that chunky white cheese that's use in some salads and on greek stuff.

Sydd
06-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Fish of any flavor... the stuff hits my tongue and the gag reflexes kick in and stuff comes up...

The smell is enough to turn my stomach... ::shiver::

Agreed. All seafood, except grilled shrimp, makes me gag.

Also can't stand fungus, I meam mushrooms.
Tomatos
Olives
Green peppers
Brussel Sprouts

Goapics1
06-27-2005, 10:52 AM

I think that is man goo. Somebody is messing with your salads.

Lzen
06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Octopus....it's just like you'd imagine. Like eating a rubber tube. I like practically every food on the planet other than that. I am definitely not finicky.....like you all are. Heh heh

I think I've had that at a Chinese buffet. It's kinda tough, yes. But not too bad tasting.

Frosty
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM
There aren't many foods I hate , but the short list would be:

Oysters
Tuna Casserole
Over-cooked vegies of any kind
Bleu Cheese dressing
cooked to mush spinach
organ meat

Used to despise cucumbers and squash, but kind of like it now.

Foods I don't hate but don't really care for either:

watermelon
pumpkin pie
asparagus
black olives (except on pizza)

Love onions, but raw onion doesn't love me. Good way to spend most of the day in the bathroom.

Also like green peppers but don't like burping them for the next couple of days, so I don't tend to eat them.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Zucchini
Squash
Beets
Most kinds of pie
Radishes
Pork chops
Ham

ChiefsFire
06-27-2005, 11:42 AM
oatmeal and cereal.....no desire what so ever

if im gonna eat breakfast,either breakfast burrito of some sort or a bacon-egg-cheese bisquit

HemiEd
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I just remembered the worst of all: Chicken Gizzards, nasty. How can anyone eat one of those?

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 12:21 PM

Thats feta cheese. :)

Saulbadguy
06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm not very picky. Some foods I won't eat, that i've tried:

Kim Chee (nasty rotten cabbage shit)
Borscht (beet soup)

Anything else i'd probably stomach, even if I don't like it. After all..this was foods you HATE.

Jenny Gump
06-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Coconut anything. Blech. Cilantro..tastes like soap. Blech. Mushrooms....Blech.

papasmurf
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
breaded tomatoes or peas

Braincase
06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Uni

Goapics1
06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Eggplant

Buster's Dad
06-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Peanut butter and Lasagna will get me barffing faster than anything

gblowfish
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
When I was a kid my mom made us eat weird veggies.
Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, Cooked Cabbage, lima beans...eeeech.
My wife made salmon patties one night. I thought she accidentally cooked some cat food. Nasty.
Also can't do lake fish like bass or crappie. Always tasted like lake water, and you should only taste lake water when you fall off your water ski's.

BTW: Lots of people hate black licorice. It's one of my favorites. Anybody remember Switzer's black licorice from St. Louis, made down in the Laclede's Landing area? Man, that stuff was so soft and chewy when fresh. But as the old blues song says "You can't get the stuff no mo..."

Goapics1
06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Taco Bell for some reason is making me gag everytime I see their food. I used to be able to tear up that food when I was in high school and college. Now my taste have changed.

Scanfan55
06-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Any thing with curry.
bleu cheese or any rendition of, i.e. gorgonzola, etc.
Liver anything (chicken liver, beef liver)
Salmon caviar (I don't like the popping/oozing in your mouth)
Generally, anything with splenda.
cottage cheese

mlyonsd
06-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Most kinds of fish. Something about the texture makes me want to :Lin:

LTownChief
06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I absolutely hate cauliflower and canned tuna, fresh tuna is good however if you know what I mean

tyton75
06-27-2005, 02:41 PM
taco bell

Goapics1
06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
taco bell
amen

Phobia
06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Masago
Liver
I like garlic, but garlic doesn't like me. Same for Pesto.

Chiefnj
06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Beets.
Salmon jerky.
Tripe.
Herring.

elvomito
06-27-2005, 02:58 PM
anyone care for some chitlins? "chitterlings"
no matter who's momma cooks them "the right way" they still smell like poop.

cdcox
06-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I hate the compost bucket.

I was at training course for the last two weeks where they served food in a college cafeteria. The food was much better than standard dorm fare, but at the end of the meal you had to scrape any remaining food into "the bucket". Imagine a soda soaked piece of bread nestled against some aged pasta salad, topped with half-melted ice cream and a sprinkling of peas.

Yep, the bucket is pretty much my least favorite food.

Rain Man
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't like coffee and beer, and don't like really hot spices like wasabe. Other than that, I don't really despise any foods, though some things like pumpkin pie are on my "no, thanks" list.

Rain Man
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
I hate the compost bucket.

I was at training course for the last two weeks where they served food in a college cafeteria. The food was much better than standard dorm fare, but at the end of the meal you had to scrape any remaining food into "the bucket". Imagine a soda soaked piece of bread nestled against some aged pasta salad, topped with half-melted ice cream and a sprinkling of peas.

Yep, the bucket is pretty much my least favorite food.

I'll bet you've never even tried it.

cdcox
06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll bet you've never even tried it.

I'll bet you're right.

siberian khatru
06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
beets
liver (but I like pate)
brussel sprouts
plain cooked spinach/collard greens (like it raw, like it cooked inside something else, just not cooked by itself)
Campari straight
licorice
gamey meat (pheasant, etc)

Nzoner
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
The candy talk made me remember them circus peanuts,the orange chewy ones.Disgusting.

MOhillbilly
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
beef liver
kidney pie
beyond that i like pretty much everything.

Jenny Gump
06-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Peanut butter and Lasagna will get me barffing faster than anything

Funny...I never thought about putting peanut butter on my lasagna.

Phobia
06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Funny...I never thought about putting peanut butter on my lasagna.

If you had a large dog you would.

Rain Man
06-27-2005, 03:42 PM
My wife and I went out for sushi this weekend, and instead of bringing us watermelon for dessert, they brought us lychee fruit. I wouldn't say that I hated it, but it had the look, size, and texture of an eyeball. It was a bit disturbing.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I hate marshmellows but it's more the fluffy yet squishy texture than the taste.

HemiEd
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I hate marshmellows but it's more the fluffy yet squishy texture than the taste.

I would eat a bag of them with a raw egg before I would eat a Chicken Gizzard!

Phobia
06-27-2005, 04:50 PM
I would eat a bag of them with a raw egg before I would eat a Chicken Gizzard!

See, I don't hate gizzards nor hearts. Don't get me wrong, I don't seek them out. But I'll eat them if they're there. I hate liver, though. Hate it.

penchief
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
1. Peanut butter on bread. Sticks to the roof of your mouth and sticks in your throat. Makes me gag every time.

2. Lima beans. Taste like a mouthful of sand. There has to be a government conspiracy to peddle lima beans. There can be no other explanation. Why else do they feed them to our troops seven days a week?

3. Beets. I mean, what the hell?

Phobia
06-27-2005, 04:55 PM
3. Beets. I mean, what the hell?

I don't know. I don't even really consider that food. I don't even think I've ever tried them. Don't want to. I'm not a picky guy, but I just don't want beets in my mouth.

HemiEd
06-27-2005, 04:55 PM
See, I don't hate gizzards nor hearts. Don't get me wrong, I don't seek them out. But I'll eat them if they're there. I hate liver, though. Hate it.

You know the old saying: different strokes for different folks, or something like that.
I like Chicken livers cooked slowly in a big pile of onions. Used to be a place near Salina I think called Chicken Annies. Incredible Chicken Livers, we would go there after Pheasant hunting.