3. Pittsburgh
4. Tampa Bay
5. New England
6. Atlanta
7. Washington
8. New York Jets
9. Chicago
10. Cincinatti

What is that shit?!?! The Bengals and Bears are in the top 10 defenses in fantasy rankings? You gotta be kidding me.

Sleeper Picks...
1. Buffalo <=== should be in the top 10 IMO.
2. Cleveland <=== Are you ****in kidding me?!?!
3. Dallas
4. Miami
5. Minnesota

It's really funny how NFL analysts STILL to this day, don't give the Chiefs any credit. I guess Peter King last week gave us some credit (probably because he actually came to our camp). Chicago, Cincinatti, and Cleveland really stand out in this list, whoever did this list had to be drunk or on drugs or something

ct
06-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I have no issue's with Chicago, but Cincy and Cleveland I agree with you.

KC will be a fringe drafted team D, one of the last backups taken. Only a homer (like me) would be looking for them to draft.

TEX
06-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised that there is no mention of Denver - I guess it's because thay don't get many turnovers. :hmmm:

Hercules Rockefell
06-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm surprised that there is no mention of Denver - I guess it's because thay don't get many turnovers. :hmmm:

or sacks or return TDs. They aren't a good fantasy D if you don't get points for yardage, and even then they're probably only middle of the pack.

StcChief
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
We can be a sleeper / no mention. Ok with me.

DJay23
06-28-2005, 03:04 PM
The only reason I would draft the Chiefs D this year is for the special teams scores from Dante. I would have to wait and see if the D improves before I risk one of my precious draft selections on a crappy D.

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Projecting the top fantasy defenses is a crap shoot for the most part... it's all about turnovers, sacks and scoring. If it's blended with special teams, then it gets even trickier.

There's about 5 teams you can typically trust and then it's "good luck" after that.

DJay23
06-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Projecting the top fantasy defenses is a crap shoot for the most part... it's all about turnovers, sacks and scoring. If it's blended with special teams, then it gets even trickier.

There's about 5 teams you can typically trust and then it's "good luck" after that.
The last pick of my entire draft last year ended up being one of my biggest point scorers:

Atlanta Falcon D/ST

NaptownChief
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Now that the Donks took all their really shitty defensive players off their hands Cleveland might be a sleeper. ROFL

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
The last pick of my entire draft last year ended up being one of my biggest point scorers:

Atlanta Falcon D/ST

Yeah, I have typically waited until my last 2 picks to get a K or Def. I think I've only taken a K early (like R12 out of 16) in 2 seasons. There are always 4-5 defenses that do really well and you can pick them up in week 4-7.

eazyb81
06-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Chicago has a good, young defense. They could rack up some good points this year.

I think it's funny that people even pay attention to fantasy defense. I wouldn't waste a pick on a defense until the later rounds. A guy in my current league just picked the Ravens defense in the 1st round ROFL

I still can't stop laughing...

Dayze
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
I love FF b/c it's such a crapshoot anyway.

Mecca
06-28-2005, 10:46 PM
That list lost all credibility with me because it is completely absurd that the Carolina Panthers are not on it. I have them as a top 3 fantasy defense, whoever wrote that list should be beaten severely.