PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football players... Which online service would you recommend?

Pezman
06-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone, I need some advice on which service is best for the money. We are getting close to the deadline is a few leagues in renewing services and I could use some advice as to your experiences in the leagues you've played in.

What I am hoping to find is a service that will let two individual leagues of 12 owners, play against each other occasionally ala the Interleague matchups in baseball, and be interactive (able to see each other's leagues).

We'll start off with the service I am most familiar with, Sportsline.com. They have a ok service, albeit rather expensive at $129.99 but its fairly flexible and has marginal to fast player updates. However, their real-time scoring left something to be desired last year and they did not have great support if you had problems. Not to mention the strange transactions bugs they had occasionally and the terrible interface when drafting. We lost alot of time trying to get some owners to make their picks because of the javascript they used.

I had little experience with ESPN.com's service last year but the previous year before was a total trainwreck over there. The draft disaster over two years ago there was enough to shy me away from using their service.

Is anyone familiar with Fanball.com's service? Are they pretty decent? I know the price over there is good but do they have good flexibility as well? They seem to have outstanding player updates during the season.

Yahoo always seems decent, but I personally have never tried it. Thoughts about them? I know they have pretty fast updates as well.

Any recommendations?

The Bad Guy
06-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, the site that I write for (we are currently overhauling the content on the site) Fantasysportsacademy.com has a league manager that's relatively in-expensive and offers everything you are looking for.

Check it out. They have a demo mode where you can see how the league manager works.

DTLB58
06-28-2005, 02:41 PM
My son using Yahoo a LOT. He said their pay service site may be able to do what you are looking for he knows you can breaks leagues into divisions and make your own head to head schedule.

ct
06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I haven't played it, but a former co-worker showed me his site, that allows divisions. That might work for ya.

http://www.rtsports.com/

DJay23
06-28-2005, 02:45 PM
The league I am in used Rotoworld last year and it was pretty cool. We had 2 divisions where you played everyone in your division twice, and everyone in the other division once. Worked out pretty well.

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 02:51 PM
You might do a search on this site and find something...
http://www.fantasyfootballsearch.com/results.asp?Category=Pay+Leagues

chagrin
06-28-2005, 02:54 PM
sandbox was pretty cool at one point in time, they even around anymore?

Pezman
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
You might do a search on this site and find something...
http://www.fantasyfootballsearch.com/results.asp?Category=Pay+Leagues

Excellent link bro. Trying to combine two leagues into one big league has proven to be a real pain. Hopefully the link you dropped will help!

The hardest part about trying an interleague format for me is letting each league view the other league's status. That was a big gripe over on Sportsline last year. I really wish they would have had a "guest" account so outsiders could view the league at bare minimum.

Hoover
06-28-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm a fan of the CBS.Sportsline.com, NLF.com set up (Same thing). Very dependable.

Iowanian
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
you running your sight again this year mhm?

Mind tossing up the link?

Iowanian
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm a fan of the CBS.Sportsline.com, NLF.com set up (Same thing). Very dependable.

The Savage Midgets are going to Kick your arse this year, shortbus!

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 03:01 PM
you running your sight again this year mhm?

Mind tossing up the link?

Yep - www.pigskinsanity.com

Iowanian
06-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm going to try to get in there a little more this year....if nothing else, just to hastle you.

KChiefsQT
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Yahoooooooo ooooo.

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll take all the grief you've got.

Iowanian
06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I checked and I still have an account there.....I'll start dropping in closer to camp.

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 03:26 PM
You'll always have your membership... feel free to add your twisted humor to the topics in the forums. :p

KevB
06-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I haven't played it, but a former co-worker showed me his site, that allows divisions. That might work for ya.

http://www.rtsports.com/

I'll plug RT Sports. I've been using them for several years, and they've been very good. Not sure if it offers everything you need, but they respond rather quickly to inquiries. It's also cheaper than CBSportsline.

Terribilis
06-28-2005, 05:46 PM
myfantasyleague.com kicks tail- its about $73.00, but definitely worth it. You have total control as commish. Including webdesign and everything else... I love it

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
For Fantasy Football Advice there is only place on the net: Draftsharks.com

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Well, there's really hundreds...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
06-28-2005, 06:23 PM
True, but they do not offer the advice that DS does.

Shoot...it's a shameless plug. I've been writing for them since 2001, when NFLScoop went OB.

Mile High Mania
06-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I hear ya... my (not so) shameless plug is in my sig line. I just sent you a PM. Check it out.

Hydrae
06-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Crossover Fantasy (http://www.cosg.net/ff/)

This is the site I used last year for my new keeper league. They were free last year, this year it would cost you $24.99 for a new league. We ran 3 divisions of 4 teams each that worked out very nicely schedule wise. You can set the schedule yourself, the draft works well (although weak for autodraft) and the potential for scorekeeping is almost unlimited. I especially liked that we could do individual defenders like the old Sandbox leagues. :thumb:

Rausch
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
I have yet to find any pay or free site that was as easy to use and enjoyable as yahoo. Absolutely love it...

Nzoner
06-28-2005, 10:32 PM
We use statsworld.com and love it. (http://statsworld.com/)

$69.95 and you can set up a league however you want it,including the post-season as our league's Championship goes right thru to the Super Bowl.

They also have a news section each week where there's a mock article pasted about whom beat whom in the league,a private messageboard,stats stats and more stats.

Pezman
06-29-2005, 04:40 AM
myfantasyleague.com kicks tail- its about $73.00, but definitely worth it. You have total control as commish. Including webdesign and everything else... I love it

Wow, so far I am really impressed with the setup over at myfantasyleague.com. They are really open-ended with their functions. You can even create your own skins, scripts and stats. They appear to even have great dual league support for me. Sweeeeet! I think I found a new home for my leagues! Thanks all for the help! I guess the only bummer is leaving all my old stats and records from Sportsline for the past three years.
Oh well, small price to pay I guess right?

papasmurf
06-29-2005, 05:44 AM

ditto

Mile High Mania
06-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Wow, so far I am really impressed with the setup over at myfantasyleague.com. They are really open-ended with their functions. You can even create your own skins, scripts and stats. They appear to even have great dual league support for me. Sweeeeet! I think I found a new home for my leagues! Thanks all for the help! I guess the only bummer is leaving all my old stats and records from Sportsline for the past three years.
Oh well, small price to pay I guess right?

You should be able to copy most everything into Excel.

Mile High Mania
06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Pez...

Have you looked at this? http://www.xpertsports.com/

They run the leagues for the WCOFF. www.wcoff.com