PDA

View Full Version : Good god how low can I sink?

Dave Lane
06-28-2005, 02:48 PM
I've been a Big Brother for the last 3+ years or so and they just called and wanted me to take some NASCAR tickets. In a moment of weakness I relented and now it is afficial I is a Nascar goin' mofo. Now all I need is a trailer and a pit bull, some skoal and a camaro (no wait I have that) and I'll be ready for my new life ROFL

Dave

Brock
06-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I didn't think they let registered offenders be Big Brothers.

Dave Lane
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM
You weren't supposed to tell no one about that!

Dave

Saulbadguy
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I'd probably go to a NASCAR event if the tickets were free.

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
A Pit Bull would rule. :)

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
If you're still asking yourself "how low can I sink?" you haven't hit bottom yet.

Dave Lane
06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
If you're still asking yourself "how low can I sink?" you haven't hit bottom yet.

Don't rain on ma parade!

Dave

Iowanian
06-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Don't worry.....you're not trailer-trash until kcchiefsman spits in your riblet basket after the race.

Digital Takawira
06-28-2005, 03:13 PM

seriously, it's not like he's a raiders or broncos fan. when you start wearing silver and black or blue and orange, that's when you load both barrels of a shotgun, point it at your face and pull the trigger.

DanT
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I bet that would be a fun event, a NASCAR race.

Eye Patch
06-28-2005, 03:32 PM
that's when you load both barrels of a shotgun, point it at your face and pull the trigger.

Oh.. so that's what happened to Kordell Stewart...

Dave Lane
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
seriously, it's not like he's a raiders or broncos fan. when you start wearing silver and black or blue and orange, that's when you load both barrels of a shotgun, point it at your face and pull the trigger.

Now thre's some words of wisdom...

Dave

WolfDawg
06-28-2005, 05:06 PM
If you don't have a mullet you haven't hit bottom.

http://www.mullet.com/mullet_picts/hayseed_original.jpg

Delano
06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
If you don't have a mullet you haven't hit bottom.

http://www.mullet.com/mullet_picts/hayseed_original.jpg

John Rocker proved that just this week.

WolfDawg
06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
John Rocker proved that just this week.

It is sad how low he sunk.

chiefs4me
06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
hmmmm, I don't see a problem......:)

Phobia
06-28-2005, 06:25 PM
I'd love to go to a NASCAR event for free. I've been to boat races (which is not something I'd choose to watch on TV) and it's pretty entertaining. Anyway, it's better than sitting around the house watching re-runs of V.I.P.

LocoChiefsFan
06-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I think you'd be suprised at the type of people that attend NASCAR events.

Delano
06-28-2005, 06:45 PM
After mocking friends who enjoy the racing thing for years, I decided to go to a sprint car race at a local track on memorial day this year. I must admit I was proven to be a dumbass once again. I didn't care about the car parts or the individual drivers or anything, but the speed is pretty damn cool. I will probably go to another sprint car race again in the future.

Phobia
06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
After mocking friends who enjoy the racing thing for years, I decided to go to a sprint car race at a local track on memorial day this year. I must admit I was proven to be a dumbass once again. I didn't care about the car parts or the individual drivers or anything, but the speed is pretty damn cool. I will probably go to another sprint car race again in the future.

I grew up in the Sprint car capital of the world. It's kinda cool to go to a couple times a year. It's not something I could see myself doing every weekend unless it were a social thing for my family - which it probably would be if I moved back to Knoxville for any reason.

Dave Lane
06-28-2005, 06:52 PM
I think you'd be suprised at the type of people that attend NASCAR events.

I think generally I have a good idea.... At least those that enjoy it

Dave

dirk digler
06-28-2005, 06:59 PM

I went to my first dirt track race in Warrensburg, MO a couple of weeks ago. One of my best friends races in the modified division and he is a rookie this year. He made it to the finals and it was crazy, they had 25 cars racing at once on this dirt track. Unfortunely for him he drew a caution twice so he had to get out of the race but it was actually alot of fun but damn loud.

Delano
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
I went to my first dirt track race in Warrensburg, MO a couple of weeks ago. One of my best friends races in the modified division and he is a rookie this year. He made it to the finals and it was crazy, they had 25 cars racing at once on this dirt track. Unfortunely for him he drew a caution twice so he had to get out of the race but it was actually alot of fun but damn loud.

That sucks that your friend couldn't finish the race, but I guess as a rookie there's probably a learning curve.

I agree with you about the high decibels. You sure as hell can't socialize with friends or other people with all the noise. Another thing I didn't like on the track I went to (which apparently is on the small side of dirt tracks) is all of the restarts. It seemed like on the main race of the 410 sprints they restarted about ten times. The debris and emissions also suck. I kind of expected all of these things to happen so I tried to not let it bother me.

dirk digler
06-28-2005, 07:21 PM
That sucks that your friend couldn't finish the race, but I guess as a rookie there's probably a learning curve.

I agree with you about the high decibels. You sure as hell can't socialize with friends or other people with all the noise. Another thing I didn't like on the track (which apparently is on the small side of dirt tracks) is all of the restarts. It seemed like on the main race of the 410 sprints they restarted about ten times. The debris and emissions also suck. I kind of expected all of these things to happen so I tried to not let it bother me.

My friend was just jacked being in the finals. In the prior 6 races he never did make it so he was just estatic to be there but he wanted to win as well. You can tell he gets nervous especially when alot of cars are bunched up around him but he will get over that in time.

As far the restarts, the modified division had alot of restarts but the other races didn't which was cool and the race finished alot sooner than what I had expected.

Slayer Diablo
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Here comes a Jeff Foxworthy reference...

When you were a toddler, did you run around a flee market in a diper while drinking Coca-Cola from a bottle?

Phobia
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Here comes a Jeff Foxworthy reference...

When you were a toddler, did you run around a flee market in a diper while drinking Coca-Cola from a bottle?

What? Did you just screw up a Jeff Foxworthy line? HOW do you jack up a Foxworthy bit? Are you kidding me?

stevieray
06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
My cuz gave me two free tickets to the indy cars this weekend...

Pitt Gorilla
06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I never cared to watch NASCAR and perpetually made fun of folks who did. However, now that a Columbia, MO native, Carl Edwards, competes in the bigs and the Busch series, I at least catch the highlights on the local news. I still couldn't watch an entire race, but I do enjoy seeing the local boy done good. Now gimme mah durned Gordon coozie uh da Papst. YEEEEE-HAAAAWW!

Slayer Diablo
06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
What? Did you just screw up a Jeff Foxworthy line? HOW do you jack up a Foxworthy bit? Are you kidding me?

Don't believe so...it's just a part from the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again" when they're doing the song "I Believe" and Foxworthy goes "I believe that if you show me a two year old running around a flee-market wearing a diper and drinking Coca-Cola out of a baby bottle, I'll show you a future NASCAR fan."

...Then again, I suppose leaving out the "baby" could have made it a little less funny in the reference.

Nzoner
06-28-2005, 10:51 PM
I'd love to go to a NASCAR event for free. I've been to boat races (which is not something I'd choose to watch on TV) and it's pretty entertaining. Anyway, it's better than sitting around the house watching re-runs of V.I.P.

I'd pass this on to my mrs but I'm afraid she'd take you,convert you and I'd never hear the end of it.

Abba-Dabba
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
I never cared to watch NASCAR and perpetually made fun of folks who did. However, now that a Columbia, MO native, Carl Edwards, competes in the bigs and the Busch series, I at least catch the highlights on the local news. I still couldn't watch an entire race, but I do enjoy seeing the local boy done good. Now gimme mah durned Gordon coozie uh da Papst. YEEEEE-HAAAAWW!

Jamie McMurray is from Joplin or Springfield... I can't remember which.

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm not interested in watching any of it on TV, but I went to 4 races the year the speedway opened, and also went to the NHRA summer nationals one year. All of it was fun. Hell, any excuse to sit and drink with 70K of my closest friends while my ears are assaulted with insane decibels. Kind of like baseball to me, fun in person, not so much on TV.

Nzoner
06-29-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not interested in watching any of it on TV, but I went to 4 races the year the speedway opened, and also went to the NHRA summer nationals one year. All of it was fun. Hell, any excuse to sit and drink with 70K of my closest friends while my ears are assaulted with insane decibels. Kind of like baseball to me, fun in person, not so much on TV.

I agreed to go with the mrs to the truck series race a couple of years ago on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year.Her seats are like 6 rows from the track,after it was over,my ears were ringing,my eyes were bloodshot,my skin was burning and I was covered with tire soot,oh boy did I have a great time.

J Diddy
06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Jamie McMurray is from Joplin or Springfield... I can't remember which.

Joplin

LocoChiefsFan
06-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I agreed to go with the mrs to the truck series race a couple of years ago on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year.Her seats are like 6 rows from the track,after it was over,my ears were ringing,my eyes were bloodshot,my skin was burning and I was covered with tire soot,oh boy did I have a great time.
Seriously, being raised around racing, that sounds like an awesome time.

pink
06-29-2005, 09:11 PM
that's your story and yer stickin' to it. sit UBU sit. good boy.