PDA

View Full Version : Empire

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Anybody else watching this? It's a miniseries on ABC about Rome. It's certain to be loaded with historical inaccuracies, but may be worth a look.

Started 15 minutes ago. I think Caesar's due to have a really bad day....

Deberg_1990
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
it didnt look that interesting to me. Tell me what you think though. I cant imagine it being that good if ABC put it on in the summer.

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Pretty entertaining so far. They did a nice job with Caesar's death scene (not nearly enough blood, but it is network TV).

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I'll watch it later. I've heard it's kind of a wal-mart gladiator set to new age music. And if "wal-mart gladiator set to new age music" doesn't describe Frazod, why I don't know what the hell does.

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Way too many commercials... :grr: It's like watching a Chiefs game. I should TiVo the f#cker and watch it without the interruptions later.

The Quiznos baby needs to die. :$2500:

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll watch it later. I've heard it's kind of a wal-mart gladiator set to new age music. And if "wal-mart gladiator set to new age music" doesn't describe Frazod, why I don't know what the hell does.

New age music? You've seriously got me confused with somebody else. Music died for me in the early 80s.

But yeah, it's definitely channeling Gladiator.

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I should TiVo the f#cker and watch it without the interruptions later.Yeah, I never watch anything live anymore. DVRs not TiVO, but anything that lets me scan over the commercials is a beautiful thing.

Rausch
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
And if "wal-mart gladiator set to new age music" doesn't describe Frazod, why I don't know what the hell does.

I was meaning to photoshop him into good "Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart" moment at the end of Army of Darkness but never got around to it...

Coach
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
The Quiznos baby needs to die. :$2500:
Not watching the show, but I do agree on the Quiznos baby does, indeed, needs to die. It's f**king annoying.

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I meant you as the wal-mart gladiator, set to new age music, rather than someone who'd watch a wal-mart gladiator whilest listening to new age music. I can totally see you in the arts and crafts section, searching through the doilies and glue guns in your patent-leather cuirass while the somnorific wonders of electronic flutes whirl overhead.

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
I meant you as the wal-mart gladiator, set to new age music, rather than someone who'd watch a wal-mart gladiator whilest listening to new age music. I can totally see you in the arts and crafts section, searching through the doilies and glue guns in your patent-leather cuirass while the somnorific wonders of electronic flutes whirl overhead.

You really need to get out of the house.

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Don't you mean, "At my signal, unleash hell. And lower prices."

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Don't you mean, "At my signal, unleash hell. And lower prices."

Only for me. :D

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
The real irony here is that I'm just about to go to Target.

Frazod
06-28-2005, 07:58 PM
The real irony here is that I'm just about to go to Target.

Another irony is that's where I shop. I never go to Wal-Mart. Reminds me of that douche Glass.

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
That was the whole point, you know.

I can't even set foot in wal-mart. I feel like it's a vampire draining my IQ. And it's not like I have IQ to spare.

Frazod
06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, I liked it. I'll be tuning in next week. :thumb:

keg in kc
06-28-2005, 09:10 PM
There was a midget at Target.

This has nothing to do with Empire, I just thought I'd share.

stevieray
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Black man trapped again
holds his chains in his hands
brother killing brother
for the profit of another
game point nobody wins
declines right on time
what happened to the dream sublime?
tear it all down we'll build it up again
we're buliding empire empire empire

Frazod
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Black man trapped again
holds his chains in his hands
brother killing brother
for the profit of another
game point nobody wins
declines right on time
what happened to the dream sublime?
tear it all down we'll build it up again
we're buliding empire empire empire

Not THAT Empire :doh!:

ROFL

Rausch
06-28-2005, 10:18 PM
That was the whole point, you know.

I can't even set foot in wal-mart. I feel like it's a vampire draining my IQ. And it's not like I have IQ to spare.

Well, someone told me the frogs own Target.

I'll give my cash to white trash over those douches...

keg in kc
06-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Well, someone told me the frogs own Target.

I'll give my cash to white trash over those douches...French billionaires, Arkansas billionaires. I don't give a shit. They're all assholes to me.

keg in kc
06-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh, and I just finished watching the first two hours.

Didn't suck too badly. I'll keep watching.

But what I really want to see is Rome, in the fall. On HBO.

pink
06-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Well, I liked it. I'll be tuning in next week. :thumb:
interesting enough (i'm guessing; was tivo-ing something else at the time) to keep our 13 year old's interest. she'll be away next week and asked me to tivo next episode. maybe i can catch up next week.

Marco Polo
06-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I liked it. I love that history stuff (yes, I know it's not fact but I like ancient times)