PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Charter Communications cable internet?

Hammock Parties
06-29-2005, 03:42 AM
I live in the Houston Texas area and I have Yahoo SBC DSL right now. I'm looking into other options.

Apparently the only cable service I can get is Charter Communications cable, which is like 20 bucks per month cheaper. Is it any good?

I'll also consider other DSL options, if there are any.

Fire Me Boy!
06-29-2005, 06:25 AM
I have Charter in Missouri and have had no problems whatsoever. As for reliability/speed, it's a LOT better than Sprint DSL at work. I haven't had any experience with any other providers, but my experience with Charter has been first rate.

Skip Towne
06-29-2005, 06:37 AM
I know nothing about their internet service but I've dealt with their cable systems. They went around to rural areas and bought up little shitty cable systems and did nothing for the existing customers except tell them they had to get Directv for everything but locals. Of course, I hate all cable companies equally, I'd keep my eye on that particular company. Ask some of your neighbors about them before signing up with them.

carlos3652
06-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Charter Sucks ass in the Lake of the Ozark area... I have comcast in Kansas City and it runs very smoothly, I also used to have Time Warner Cabe in Overland Park, which I thought was the best, but Olathe doesnt offer it...

I hate charters service but I think it just might be the area Im in, very low signal and I lose our internet connection 1/3 of the day... (Glad I'm only there in the summer/weekends....)