PDA

View Full Version : How Stella found out her Groove was a little too Groovy

chagrin
06-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry if a repost...too funny!! I didn't realize his name was Plummer,
ROFL

story here (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/06/29/people.terrymcmillan.ap/index.html)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Author Terry McMillan has filed for divorce from the man who inspired the 1996 novel "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," which chronicled the romantic adventures of a 40-something woman who falls for a guy half her age.

In papers filed in Contra Costa County Superior Court, McMillan, 53, says she decided to end her 6 1/2-year marriage to Jonathan Plummer, 30, after learning he is gay.

The revelation led her to conclude Plummer married only to get his U.S. citizenship, she said. McMillan met Plummer at a Jamaican resort a decade ago.

"It was devastating to discover that a relationship I had publicized to the world as life-affirming and built on mutual love was actually based on deceit," she said in court papers. "I was humiliated."

In response, Plummer maintained McMillan treated him with "homophobic" scorn bordering on harassment since he came out to her as gay just before Christmas.

McMillan is seeking to have the marriage annulled; Plummer has asked the court to set aside a prenuptial agreement that would prevent him from getting spousal support.

McMillan filed for divorce in January, but news of the split didn't surface until this week, when it was first reported in a San Francisco Chronicle gossip column. Earlier this month, a judge ordered McMillan to pay Plummer $2,000 a month in spousal support and $25,000 in attorney's fees until the case comes back to court in October.

McMillan's latest novel, "The Interruption of Everything," is scheduled to hit store shelves next month. It plots the mid-life adventures of a married mother of three who is questioning her comfortable suburban life.

McMillan said she did not plan to let a divorce "detract from the many blessings in her life," according to a statement released through her publicist.

Plummer's attorney could not immediately be reached for comment

el borracho
06-29-2005, 11:06 AM
McMillan is seeking to have the marriage annulled; Plummer has asked the court to set aside a prenuptial agreement that would prevent him from getting spousal support.
Why is it ever possible to set aside a prenuptual agreement?

Rain Man
06-29-2005, 11:09 AM
In response, Plummer maintained McMillan treated him with "homophobic" scorn bordering on harassment since he came out to her as gay just before Christmas.

This is kind of funny. He's claiming that she's anti-gay because she's ticked off about being tricked into marrying a gay guy who lied about his sexuality. I guess it hasn't occurred to him that gay rights does not mean he has permission to marry a woman.

chagrin
06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
ROFL

Maybe he and the runaway bride should film some sort of hybrid-sequel...that would be cool!

Fire Me Boy!
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Because in this case, the prenup benefits him -- she has to pay HIM money after the divorce/annullment. He doesn't want it, so he's asked that the court throw it out.

vailpass
06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Because in this case, the prenup benefits him -- she has to pay HIM money after the divorce/annullment. He doesn't want it, so he's asked that the court throw it out.

It appears from this qote from the article

"Plummer has asked the court to set aside a prenuptial agreement that would prevent him from getting spousal support."

that the closet Rump Ranger signed a pre-nup saying his wife would not have to pay him any $ if they divorced.
Now it looks like peter puffer wants to go back on that agreement and get spousal support.

What a waste of protoplasm this guy is; he marries a woman just to gain citizenship (possibly exposing her to AIDS unbeknownst to her) while hiding the fact that he is actually a sword swallower, then turns around and wants the same woman to pay his way through life.
Kill this homo now before it spreads. No more squat tag in the cucumber patch for this loser.

el borracho
06-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes, I understand why he wants to disregard the prenup (to benefit monetarily). I don't understand why it would ever be possible to void a prenup. Certainly greed doesn't qualify as a valid reason to void a prenup, does it? Under what circumstances can one void a prenup?

teedubya
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Stella got her groove back with a rump ranger. heh.

Skip Towne
06-29-2005, 12:58 PM
It appears from this qote from the article

"Plummer has asked the court to set aside a prenuptial agreement that would prevent him from getting spousal support."

that the closet Rump Ranger signed a pre-nup saying his wife would not have to pay him any $ if they divorced.
Now it looks like peter puffer wants to go back on that agreement and get spousal support.

What a waste of protoplasm this guy is; he marries a woman just to gain citizenship (possibly exposing her to AIDS unbeknownst to her) while hiding the fact that he is actually a sword swallower, then turns around and wants the same woman to pay his way through life.
Kill this homo now before it spreads. No more squat tag in the cucumber patch for this loser.
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

el borracho
06-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, vailpass, all gays have AIDS. You are an idiot.

Goapics1
06-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Stella got her groove back with a rump ranger. heh.
I wonder how many times he hit Stella in the ass? :hump:

Dave Lane
06-29-2005, 01:51 PM

After a period of time has past generally.

Dave

Eleazar
06-29-2005, 01:57 PM

Hey, it's the American way, make some working American pay the way for your lazy non-working arse.

Eleazar
06-29-2005, 01:57 PM

Maybe it should have been called How stella got her...

ah, I won't even say that.

Phobia
06-29-2005, 01:58 PM
I hope my wife never reveals she's gay. Gosh I don't think I could bear that cross.

Fire Me Boy!
06-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Well I’m a wasted rump ranger
I live the life of humper
On the road to find a tighter hole
I don’t need no one’s infection
all I need is my erection
The feeling of a butt will get me by.

I been doin’ butt since I was ten
I really can’t remember when
I never had a condom in my pants.
My balls aren’t blue, my head’s not sore
I ain’t never passed up one old whore
****ing every ass that came my way (among other things)

(chorus)

I have blowjobs with the morning lay
Rimjobs for the rest the day
Assorted sexual advances in between.
I don’t think an hour’s gone by
That I didn’t see a thigh
It’s the only way I keep myself so hard.

No more...

Mr. Kotter
06-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Serve's her right....

bkkcoh
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I hope my wife never reveals she's gay. Gosh I don't think I could bear that cross.

Yeah, but you would like to watch..... :toast: :clap:

Mr. Kotter
06-29-2005, 02:10 PM

She's okay with your being "bi" though, right?

vailpass
06-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Yes, I understand why he wants to disregard the prenup (to benefit monetarily). I don't understand why it would ever be possible to void a prenup. Certainly greed doesn't qualify as a valid reason to void a prenup, does it? Under what circumstances can one void a prenup?

Sorry El, I misread your statement. My guess is that like anything in contract law there are always angles regarding intent, soundness of mind, etc. etc.
Hopefully they not only deny him the reversal of the prenup but deport his rainbow a$$ for gaining citizenship under false pretenses.

Phobia
06-29-2005, 02:23 PM
She's okay with your being "bi" though, right?

So long as "bi" means twice daily, yeah.

vailpass
06-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes, vailpass, all gays have AIDS. You are an idiot.

Where did I say all gays have AIDS? Stop your knee-jerk reaction and look at the facts:
1)the homosexual community is at a markedly higher risk rate for AIDS than the straight, non IV drug using community
2)this guy is a homosexual
3)If he was a practicing f@g AND he was having unprotected sex with his wife he was exposing her to that higher risk community without her knowledge

Show me where anything about that statement warrants your calling me an idiot.

Phobia
06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Show me where anything about that statement warrants your calling me an idiot.

Dude - you're a Broncos fan.

vailpass
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Dude - you're a Broncos fan.

Touche nlm