PDA

View Full Version : Any Colour You Like

trndobrd
06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Pink Floyd has reunited with Roger Waters for the Live 8 series of benefit concerts. It has been over 20 years since they played together. What songs are you looking forward to hearing?

One of these days, a poll will be forthcoming.

chagrin
06-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Interstellar Overdrive
One of these Days (I'm going to hack you up into little pieces)
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Obscured by Clouds
Money
Dogs
The Gunner's Dream (excellent choice my friend, rep for you!)
Careful with that Axe Eugene

OTHER:
See Emily Play
Fearless
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
If
Two Suns in the Sunset
Not Now John

Roger Waters is my favorite, or at least the top 2, lyricists of all time. His ability to use that voice of his to capture the mood of every verse is nothing short of pure genius.

With apologies to Gilmour fans, and any idiot who thinks that Roger was just the bassist, take a looksy on the back of any Floyd album and you will see "all songs written and composed by Roger Water" with a select few exceptions.

trndobrd - adding the Gunner's dream took balls, the Final Cut is very unerrated and an awesome piece of work.

Ok, off the soapbox, I am saddened that I will never get to see thim perform live, I mean with Roger. I didn't go anywhere near Gravy Train Gilmour "and Pink Floyd" in concert and found their recordings to be rehashed Roger Waters (done very badly)

trndobrd
06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
I should probably wait until I get my rep, but I'm not a huge Waters fan. Yes, he is a great lyricist, but became remorselesly self-indulgent around the Animals-Wall time period. That said, I think it would be really cool to see them do some of the pre-DSOTM stuff, maybe even a Piper song.

Of course, it's not really a reunion w/o Syd.

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Sheep....San Tropez...Fearless....Any Colour You Like

trndobrd
06-30-2005, 11:27 AM
WTF...how did I miss "Welcome to the Machine"?

Sydd
06-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Mother
Have a cigar
Time

chagrin
06-30-2005, 11:47 AM

That's ok, he's just a fav of mine. He repulses me with his protesting of our country, but he's still a frigign genius. Dude, anyone aho lists gunner's dream deserves rep, period!

bkkcoh
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM

too many good songs in order to get them all... :banghead:

phisherman
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Sheep....San Tropez...Fearless....Any Colour You Like

any song off of the album, meddle

bp

siberian khatru
06-30-2005, 12:01 PM
I should probably wait until I get my rep, but I'm not a huge Waters fan. Yes, he is a great lyricist, but became remorselesly self-indulgent around the Animals-Wall time period. That said, I think it would be really cool to see them do some of the pre-DSOTM stuff, maybe even a Piper song.

Of course, it's not really a reunion w/o Syd.

What he said.

alpha_omega
06-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Gotta go with...

Comfortably Numb
Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Dogs
Not Now John

...Love Waters...hate his politics...

Does anybody know if this deal is going to be on TV anywhere. I know it will be on XM radio, but i cant find any TV listings

StcChief
06-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Just let them play the whole time.

mcan
06-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm glad that they've managed to bury the hatchet and are playing together again.

But I'm a much bigger Gilmour fan than Waters. It's truly he and Rick Wright that make that band sound like The Floyd that we all know and love (in my opinion).

munkey
06-30-2005, 01:19 PM
How come "None" wasn't an option????

BIG_DADDY
06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Pink Floyd has reunited with Roger Waters for the Live 8 series of benefit concerts. It has been over 20 years since they played together. What songs are you looking forward to hearing?

One of these days, a poll will be forthcoming.

Where will they be playing?

alpha_omega
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Where will they be playing?

London

http://www.live8live.com/

Miles
06-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Does anybody know if this deal is going to be on TV anywhere. I know it will be on XM radio, but i cant find any TV listings

Its not showing up on yahoo's TV listings but I found this:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1504578/20050623/story.jhtml

"The MTV/ VH1 feed, which will run from noon until 8 p.m., will also air on mtvU. Relevant highlights will additionally run on July 3 on CMT and VH1 Classic."

FloridaChief
06-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately, they're only allotting 20 minutes or so for the Floyd set on Saturday. The lads are scheduled to play three songs...

BIG_DADDY
06-30-2005, 01:42 PM
London

http://www.live8live.com/

I sure wish they would come around here.

Pitt Gorilla
06-30-2005, 01:44 PM
...Love Waters...hate his politics...

I'm pretty sure that means you have to go out in the street and smash their records.

Miles
06-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately, they're only allotting 20 minutes or so for the Floyd set on Saturday. The lads are scheduled to play three songs...

Damn that really sucks but its better than nothing I guess.

You have any idea what time they are supposed to come on?

alpha_omega
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that means you have to go out in the street and smash their records.

Incorrect! These aren't disco records.

Just means i prefer not to hear about it.

mcan
06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
...any idea what time...

8 £

FloridaChief
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Damn that really sucks but its better than nothing I guess.

You have any idea what time they are supposed to come on?

According to the set list I've seen (and this could change before Saturday), the Floyd is the "headline" act; they'll be the last band to perform. After they finish, McCartney and a bunch of superstar musicians will come out and play "Long And Winding Road"...

alpha_omega
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Its not showing up on yahoo's TV listings but I found this:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1504578/20050623/story.jhtml

"The MTV/ VH1 feed, which will run from noon until 8 p.m., will also air on mtvU. Relevant highlights will additionally run on July 3 on CMT and VH1 Classic."

Thanks...hadn't seen that...much appreciated!

For those with XM...
http://xmradio.com/live8/index.jsp

Eleazar
06-30-2005, 02:13 PM
I would say Set The Controls and Echoes.

cadmonkey
06-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Dogs
Have a cigar
Welcome to the Machine
Good Bye Blue Sky