PDA

View Full Version : Well, It Was My Birhday Today...

AirForceChief
06-30-2005, 08:21 PM
...turned 41.

What a weird year. My son went to jail, then boot-camp, and is doing really well...after breaking my wife and I's hearts. He's turning 21 this year. My wife lost her Dad, who was just an awesome Christian individual, lived the life...didn't just talk about it. I took an assignment to Langley AFB at the HQs, very weird (Military Justice and Ops Law). Was deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom (Afgan) in Qatar for over 120 days. Got promoted to Lt Colonel, from Major, in a field where less than 50% were promoted without a "Definitely Promote" on their Recommendation For Promotion (for some reason I only merited a "Promote"). Got to come home in time for all of the holidays, birthdays, and other important events. Finally, found out last night, the day before my birthday, that my mom has colon cancer...just, AS USUAL, a strange trip. Oh, yeah, my season tickets were upgraded...we don't sit near the end zone any more.

Phobia
06-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Happy Birthday, Colonel. Ali Chiefs said hello.

Everything sounds pretty good except for the cancer. Hopefully that will work out.

carlos3652
06-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Happy B-day man, enjoy it!

Hammock Parties
06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
What did your son do?

Amnorix
06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Happy Birthday. Congrats on the promotion!

Best wishes to your mother.

Bowser
06-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Happy Birthday! I always assumed you were a Chief Master Sergent. I'm envious of the pension you will one day receive. :D

Hope all goes well for your son, as well.

AirForceChief
06-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Happy Birthday! I always assumed you were a Chief Master Sergent. I'm envious of the pension you will one day receive. :D

Hope all goes well for your son, as well.

I've gotten the same response, err...assumption, several times. I didn't think about the implication when I came up with my user name. A couple of individuals have smoked me about AirForceChief: "Are you really a Chief Master Sgt?"

Really, I meant it to be AirForceChiefFan...