PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose signs with Chiefs

Andoverer
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/07/01/kansas_city_agrees_to_terms_with_free_agent_cb_ashley_ambrose/

Now Ty Law can sign with Tampa Bay

beer bacon
07-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Bleh. Why Ambrose.

nmt1
07-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Bleh. Why Ambrose.

$$$

ptlyon
Wow.

Andoverer
Must have thought Law wasn't going to be affordable with several teams interested.

Dave Lane
07-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Cannon Fodder.

Dave

BigMeatballDave
Bleh. Why Ambrose.Who else?

beer bacon
$$$

Beasley would have been cheap :(

nmt1
07-01-2005, 10:43 AM

Beasley = Ambrose = every other CB available with the exception of Law.

TRing
07-01-2005, 10:45 AM
i agree. so would washington. but we shall wait and see how this turns out

Miles
07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Who else?

Beasley or Dewayne Washington.

beer bacon
07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't feel comfortable bringing in a 34 year old vet who played in six games last year.

TRing
07-01-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't feel comfortable bringing in a 34 year old vet who played in six games last year.
me neither. i but you know we didnt see how these guys looked. maybe ambrose worked his ass off during the offseason and looked good. there has to be something behind this rather than just picking him up just to fill that roster spot.

Iowanian
07-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Relax. He's not a starter....He's veteran Depth, and a safety valve for Warfield's suspension, and if injuries are there.

I wanted another Vet, and he can play alright for the short periods the Chiefs may need him. I'd have prefered Washington, but this isn't teh suck.

RedThat
I pray and hope to God the Raiders don't get Owens. Ambrose on Owens or Moss???? :deevee:

Brock

Would you feel more comfortable bringing in a 31 year old vet who played in 7 games last year, and who would want 6 million dollars per season?

ZootedGranny
07-01-2005, 10:51 AM
RAY CROCKETT REMIX SON!

*FLEX BOMB*
http://www.thedjlist.com/images/djs/2001072611340497.jpg

alpha_omega
Better than nothing.

Miles

Prior to last year he had missed just one game in his previous ten season.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Yawn.

Maybe we'll sign two.

beer bacon
Would you feel more comfortable bringing in a 31 year old vet who played in 7 games last year, and who would want 6 million dollars per season?

I would have preferred to bring in Beasley who was a solid nickle for a good defense last year, and who probably wouldn't have cost any more then Ambrose.

Brando
Our secondary will be much improved not only by the additions of Kight and Surtain but also by improved linebacker play. We're actually going to have a linebacker unit that can make plays this year which will help the pass rush...blah blah blah. All in all this move doesn't excite me but it doesn't upset me either.

brorth
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Who's gonna sit with me in the AA support section?

ct
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Ah well, as someone pointed out, he is replacing Julian Battle, so we're still looking at an improvement here!

TRing
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Is deion still out there???? ahhh "F" it!

Bootlegged
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Good. Has to be better than Barleon.

teedubya
Our secondary will be much improved not only by the additions of Kight and Surtain but also by improved linebacker play. We're actually going to have a linebacker unit that can make plays this year which will help the pass rush...blah blah blah. All in all this move doesn't excite me but it doesn't upset me either.

since when did the Chiefs become 'WE' for you? :hmmm:

the Scanlon works in mysterious ways... I 'spose

BigMeatballDave
Beasley or Dewayne Washington.As if there is a difference?

HolmeZz
07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Googled Ambrose and this was the first thing I got...

http://www.nfl.com/images/photos/2001/week08/ATL_AntowainSmithAshleyAmbrose4Q_110401.jpg

:deevee:

Another downside is that we can't rip the Donks for having a guy named Ashley on their team.

This has got bad news written all over it. :harumph:

shakesthecat
07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Eh, I've got no problem with Ambrose. Sure he's a little long in the tooth, but he can't be any worse than Battle would have been.

Miles
07-01-2005, 11:17 AM
As if there is a difference?

The other two are younger and were not a part of the Saints horrid secondary for the past two seasons. Though he could still be a servicable nickle and unlike Bartee, can make the occasional pick.

ct
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd have much preferred Beasley, then Washington, then Ambrose out of the 4 we brought in for a look. But for those of you who say Beasley and Washington would also have been on the cheap, we really don't know this do we? I think that Beasley in particular has good justification in setting his price much over the vet minimum.

Brando
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
since when did the Chiefs become 'WE' for you? :hmmm:

the Scanlon works in mysterious ways... I 'spose

Ever since my AH bled profusely after forking over $$ for season tix two years ago. We've had this discussion before my friend.
It's kind of like how I now root for KU after looking up their cheerleaders skirts at the Phog on one wonderful Saturday afternoon.

ct
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Ever since my AH bled profusely after forking over $$ for season tix two years ago. We've had this discussion before my friend.
It's kind of like how I now root for KU after looking up their cheerleaders skirts at the Phog on one wonderful Saturday afternoon.

Can't argue w/ dat!

Brando
07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Can't argue w/ dat!
I thought that one poor little blonde cheerleader was saying, "read my lips..no more baskets", gotta love the courtside view, and I don't mean the lips on her face :whackit:

BigMeatballDave
07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Googled Ambrose and this was the first thing I got...

http://www.nfl.com/images/photos/2001/week08/ATL_AntowainSmithAshleyAmbrose4Q_110401.jpg

:deevee:

Another downside is that we can't rip the Donks for having a guy named Ashley on their team.

This has got bad news written all over it. :harumph:Jesus H. Christ. All he is, is insurance. Do you really think we could afford Law?

Gaz
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Fine with me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Neither excited nor outraged.

Archie Bunker
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Fine with me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Neither excited nor outraged.

My thoughts exactly.

beer bacon
07-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Some moron broke the post. :drool:

Don't worry. I think your table breaking/forum busting post is beautiful.

Otter
07-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Don't worry. I think your table breaking/forum busting post is beautiful.

Heh, my HTML is a little rusty. Do you know what happend there?

beer bacon
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Heh, my HTML is a little rusty. Do you know what happend there?

No idea, but it was completely unique. I have never seen the breakage creep out to the side of the page like that!

HolmeZz
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Jesus H. Christ. All he is, is insurance. Do you really think we could afford Law?

I was joking, as is the tone of probably 95% of my posts.

Miles
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM

tyton75
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Better than Battle.. thats the only reason we signed him anyway

jspchief
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm fine with it. We needed another experienced body at CB, and Ambrose provides it.

The only thing I'll say is I would have preferred Beasley because I think he would have been a noted improvement at nickel once Warfield returned. Hopefully Ambrose can beat out McCleon.

beavis
07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Can't be any worse than McCleon. Ok by me.

TEX
07-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Can't be any worse than McCleon. Ok by me.

Don't hold your breath...

kc rush
07-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Hopefully Ambrose can beat out McCleon.

If he can't, the first 4 game could be scary.

Simplex3
07-01-2005, 12:37 PM
They still have a guy named Rod and a QB who's nickname is "The Snake". They also added a Courtney. Plenty of latent homosexual jokes left in Donkeyville if you just look.

B_Ambuehl
07-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Ambrose should be a good team player. He got screwed out of a job last year because of his age. I remember reading an article on him before the season last year. It said he busted his ass year in and year out and even moreso at the age of 33 just to try to hang on to his job. He gladly helped the guys under him even though he knew the coaching staff was grooming those guys to take his job but he did it without complaining.

Simplex3
07-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Ambrose should be a good team player. He got screwed out of a job last year because of his age. I remember reading an article on him before the season last year. It said he busted his ass year in and year out and even moreso at the age of 33 just to try to hang on to his job. He gladly helped the guys under him even though he knew the coaching staff was grooming those guys to take his job but he did it without complaining.
What? Actual good info from a noob! YES!

jspchief
07-01-2005, 12:40 PM
If he can't, the first 4 game could be scary.Unfortunately, I don't think it's a sure thing that he's going to replace McCleon. Ambrose only has a few months to learn a system that Dexter has already been a starter in.

Once Warfield is back, who knows? Personally I think McCleon might be a decent nickel. It will let him play more like he did in '03, when he was better for us. The only thing is, anyone that watches '04 game tape will know he's a liability and probably pick on him.

Edubs
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Ambrose 42 Interceptions = Not to bad

Bartee 0 Interceptions = Donkey Dick

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Would you feel more comfortable bringing in a 31 year old vet who played in 7 games last year, and who would want 6 million dollars per season?Woooooooord!

Edubs
07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
You think Woods can play any nickel? I am pretty sure that Wesley played a little last year.

Brando
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Ambrose should keep McValueMealcleon from Super Sizing YAC. At least if Ambrose blows we'll have someone new to pile on.

beer bacon
07-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Ambrose should keep McValueMealcleon from Super Sizing YAC. At least if Ambrose blows we'll have someone new to pile on.

Tom Cruise is a psychopath.

Frankie
07-01-2005, 12:50 PM
We only need him for 4 games.

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
hey I dont mind this move one bit. A cheap vet is what we needed (take a look at the Patriots over the past 4 years). I'd rather have him starting the first 4 games then McCleon. Once Warfield comes back we will have nice depth and a solid nickel, it's not a bad move and its a step up

HC_Chief
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Sweet!

This is the best offseason I can remember :thumb:

TRR
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I've heard that Beasley came in to KC out of shape. They were wanting someone who could come in and compete right away. Ambrose is long in the tooth, but is still a very capable CB.

AA will give McCleon a run for his money...

The main thing to remember is Ambrose is twice the CB Julian Battle is.

Frankie
07-01-2005, 01:11 PM
The main thing to remember is Ambrose is twice the CB Julian Battle is.
Almost three times now.

jcroft
07-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't see how anyone can really complain about this. You may have preferred someone else, but this is an obvious upgrade (albeit a minor one) at virtually no cost.

I, like Gaz, am neither excited nor upset by the move. It's a solid, smart move, but not one that should cause any serious reactions either way.

whoman69
07-01-2005, 01:13 PM
This is a good sign. Realistically, he will not be on the team longer than this season, when our depth is in question. We need to hit this position in the draft next year.

ct
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't see how anyone can really complain about this. You may have preferred someone else, but this is an obvious upgrade (albeit a minor one) at virtually no cost.

I, like Gaz, am neither excited nor upset by the move. It's a solid, smart move, but not one that should cause any serious reactions either way.

I disagree. Signing almost any vet CB to replace Battle and provide some competition with Dexter makes me feel better. Doesn't mean it'll actually work, but hey, better chance than doin nutin! Defnitely beats McCleon, Sapp, Hodge, and Perkins fighting for a starting spot! Think about that one.

jcroft
07-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I disagree. Signing almost any vet CB to replace Battle and provide some competition with Dexter makes me feel better. Doesn't mean it'll actually work, but hey, better chance than doin nutin! Defnitely beats McCleon, Sapp, Hodge, and Perkins fighting for a starting spot! Think about that one.

I agree completely. I don't see how we are disagreeing. That's almost exactly what I said -- this is a solid, smart move and an upgrade. Isn't that what I said?

DTLB58
07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I like it! At least we are doing something this year when something bad happens instead of just standing pat.

DV just said a few days ago we are going to be patient and see how things play out. :hmmm: Wonder what happened or was he just blowing smoke up our arses......again.

Mr. Laz
07-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Chiefs agree to terms with CB Ambrose
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Ashley Ambrose on Friday.
The 13-year veteran started six games for the New Orleans Saints last year. Ambrose was drafted in the second round by Indianapolis in 1992 and has also played for Cincinnati and Atlanta.

The 34-year-old Ambrose has played in 192 regular-season games, recording 550 tackles and 42 interceptions. Ambrose had his best season in 1996 with the Bengals, with eight interceptions. That year, he was a Pro Bowl starter and AFC defensive back of the year.

ct
07-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree completely. I don't see how we are disagreeing. That's almost exactly what I said -- this is a solid, smart move and an upgrade. Isn't that what I said?

Well no, since I re-worded to my own liking, so that I could justify a disagreement. :p

Seriously, just sounded like you were 'Eh..' to this signing, but I am more like 'EH..' to it.

jcroft
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Well no, since I re-worded to my own liking, so that I could justify a disagreement. :p

Seriously, just sounded like you were 'Eh..' to this signing, but I am more like 'EH..' to it.

Well, I'm very glad they went out and got a CB. Ambrose is an improvement and so I'm happy about it. But, Ambrose is not someone who is going to make me jump up up and shout, that's all.

htismaqe
07-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Well, I'm very glad they went out and got a CB. Ambrose is an improvement and so I'm happy about it. But, Ambrose is not someone who is going to make me jump up up and shout, that's all.

That's how I feel about it.

Chief Faithful
07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
I feel Ambrose is a better than average CB, which is better than anyone from the roster last year with the exception of Warfield. A solid veteran at rock bottom price to help out in the short term is a good move.

IMO: this will allow Sapp to stay at nickel, McCleon on the bench, and Hodge time to develop. Then when Warfield returns Ambrose will make a nice nickel back. I see Barftee or Woods as the DB in the dime package. If things workout maybe McCleon will play for the Donkey's this year. :)

Gravedigger
07-01-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm all for it better than battle

ct
07-01-2005, 01:47 PM

I'll reserve that reaction for when he returns a Flake INT for a TD on MNF!

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2005, 01:51 PM
2004 Ashley Ambrose: 9 games, 25 tackles, 3 ints, 6 pass def

It's not like he's our marquee free agent this off-season just another guy to fill a role and add depth and experience. Now if he were our only choice to try and upgrade a secondary than I'd be pissed about it, but I'm happy that he's coming to KC because we need depth and he's had a solid career

Mile High Mania
07-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I think this was a good signing for KC... he's not a bad guy, he's getting older, but still has good value.

crispystl
07-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I pray and hope to God the Raiders don't get Owens. Ambrose on Owens or Moss???? :deevee:
Oh god that's no shit right there.
i could see myself consuming lots of hard alcohol if I have to watch that trainwreck.

HemiEd
07-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm all for it better than battle

I think this was a good signing for KC... he's not a bad guy, he's getting older, but still has good value.

These two quotes represent my feelings. Insurance against the Warfield suspension.

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh god that's no shit right there.
i could see myself consuming lots of hard alcohol if I have to watch that trainwreck.

Eagles | Owens Trade Laughable
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:25:26 -0700

Ruben Franks, of phillyBurbs.com, reports a Philadelphia Eagles official laughed off broadcast rumors that had the Eagles and Oakland Raiders discussing a trade that would ship disgruntled WR Terrell Owens to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter. "It won't happen," he said.

TRing
07-01-2005, 03:02 PM
No i am going to go ahead and gaurantee that Owens doesn't go to the Eagles. They have Porter and it would be ignorant to take up that much cap space on 2 WRs.

ct
07-01-2005, 03:04 PM
No i am going to go ahead and gaurantee that Owens doesn't go to the Eagles. They have Porter and it would be ignorant to take up that much cap space on 2 WRs.

Frankly I think Moss/Porter is a much better combo than Moss/Owens. Jerry whines a little when he doesn't get enough targets, but with Moss on the other side, he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Neither Moss nor Owens would do that, and it would scramble poor Kerry back to the barstool.

philfree
07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
We needed to do something so Ambrose isn't a bad pick. As far McCleon and the flak he's been getting for his performance last year the guy did have 6 INTs the year before. We needed to upgrade the CB position and we did but McCleon as a $.05 is not a bad option at all IMO. Heck just replacing Bartee with a CB who gets 2 INTs is major improvement right there. McCleon had a tough year last year but he was no where near as bad as Bartee was.

PhilFree:arrow:

LiL stumppy
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Not a bad pickup IMO.Like everyone else has stated.He is better than what we got for a cheap price tag.

Archie Bunker
07-01-2005, 05:22 PM
ESPN's take

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2098770

Former Saint becomes part of defensive overhaul
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Unrestricted free agent Ashley Ambrose, a 13-year veteran who ranks among the leading active players in interceptions, has signed a one-year contract with the cornerback-needy Kansas City Chiefs.

Complete financial details were not available Friday, but it is believed that Ambrose will earn a $765,000 base salary, the NFL minimum for a player of his tenure.

The addition of Ambrose, one of four veteran free-agent cornerbacks who auditioned for Chiefs coaches and personnel officials last week, bolsters one of Kansas City's biggest areas of concern. Released by New Orleans early in the offseason, Ambrose drew solid interest recently from at least two other teams. He becomes the fifth defensive veteran acquired by the Chiefs this offseason who could be in the team's season-opening starting lineup.

The Chiefs added standout cornerback Patrick Surtain of Miami in an April trade, but starter Eric Warfield faces league sanctions -- most likely a suspension that could keep him off the field for the first month of the season -- for three DUI convictions. Chiefs coaches were preparing Julian Battle as Warfield's likely replacement, but the two-year veteran suffered a season-ending Achilles' injury during a recent mini-camp.

Team officials have acknowledged they retain some interest in free agent Ty Law, the former Patriots cornerback and four-time Pro Bowl performer, but his contract demands might put him out of the Chiefs' price range. And Law, released by the Patriots, is still not fully rehabilitated from foot surgery that limited him to just seven appearances in 2004.

Securing the savvy Ambrose, a Saint the last two seasons, provides the Chiefs a solid insurance policy. It is expected that, if Warfield is suspended, Ambrose will challenge veteran Dexter McCleon for a starting spot to open the season. The Chiefs have indicated they prefer to keep McCleon at the nickel cornerback spot, if possible.

Ambrose, 34, has been a dependable, and at times outstanding, cover defender over much of his long career. In 192 games, including 141 starts, he has 550 tackles, 42 interceptions, 163 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and six recoveries. He has at least two interceptions in each of the last two seasons and has returned four for touchdowns.

In 1996, when he was selected to the Pro Bowl while playing with the Bengals, he had a career-best eight interceptions. Even last season, when injuries limited Ambrose to only nine games, he posted three interceptions.

Ambrose entered the NFL in 1992 out of Mississippi Valley State as a second-round pick of the Colts. His résumé includes stints in Indianapolis (1992-95), Cincinnati (1996-98), New Orleans (1999 and 2003-04) and Atlanta (2000-02), and he's known for his veteran leadership skills, class and maturity.

The Chiefs also announced Friday they have signed seventh-round offensive tackle Jeremy Parquet of Southern Mississippi to a two-year contract. Parquet, who started in 39 of his 44 college appearances, is the first of Kansas City's nine draft picks to come to terms on a deal.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Not a bad pickup IMO.Like everyone else has stated.He is better than what we got for a cheap price tag.

Works for me.

KChiefs1
07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
ESPN's take

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2098770

Team officials have acknowledged they retain some interest in free agent Ty Law, the former Patriots cornerback and four-time Pro Bowl performer, but his contract demands might put him out of the Chiefs' price range. And Law, released by the Patriots, is still not fully rehabilitated from foot surgery that limited him to just seven appearances in 2004.

Don't shoot the messenger, but....

Nick Athan is reporting that he has been working the phones & the Chiefs are still one of the leaders for Ty Law! :rolleyes:

Bowser
07-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, but....

Nick Athan is reporting that he has been working the phones & the Chiefs are still one of the leaders for Ty Law! :rolleyes:

HemiEd
07-01-2005, 06:36 PM

This would make better sense if you meant the Raiders instead of the Eagles.

milkman
07-01-2005, 08:55 PM
We needed to do something so Ambrose isn't a bad pick. As far McCleon and the flak he's been getting for his performance last year the guy did have 6 INTs the year before. We needed to upgrade the CB position and we did but McCleon as a $.05 is not a bad option at all IMO. Heck just replacing Bartee with a CB who gets 2 INTs is major improvement right there. McCleon had a tough year last year but he was no where near as bad as Bartee was.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ambrose is a solid, albeit unspectacular, CB, who is better suited to play the more physical man coverage at #2 corner while Warfield sits.

McPassOn can stay at nickel, where his size and speed matches up better with slot receivers, and thus limits his liability.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 09:00 PM
I'll be damned....I missed this. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Cannon Fodder.

Dave

I hope so.

Here's to Sapp or Hodge beating him out. :toast:

yeti
07-01-2005, 09:30 PM
This is to be expected from the chiefs. It's probably wishful thinking, but we shall see if youth and skill beat out age and cunning.

Fire Me Boy!
07-01-2005, 09:33 PM
This is to be expected from the chiefs. It's probably wishful thinking, but we shall see if youth and skill beat out age and cunning.
You're good with the words... a very cunning linguist.

yeti
07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
You're good with the words... a very cunning linguist.

:shake: Not really but thanks.

FRCDFED
07-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Nothing bad about this signing at all. I would be all for the Chiefs picking up Beasley as well. You can't have too many CB's as we already know. We should be able to afford both if we were actually able to make a legit offer to Law.

WebGem
07-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I'll reserve that reaction for when he returns a Flake INT for a TD on MNF!
These kinds of posts get me excited.

HemiEd
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Nothing bad about this signing at all. I would be all for the Chiefs picking up Beasley as well. You can't have too many CB's as we already know. We should be able to afford both if we were actually able to make a legit offer to Law.

I think you can cross Ty Law off of your wish list.

melbar
07-02-2005, 01:57 AM
He just became the 2nd best CB on our team...sad...

CoMoChief
07-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Would have much rather gone for Beasley or Washington, but why Ambrose??? Hes almost 35 years old (3 years older than McCleon) and is just as or if not smaller than McCleon. People are saying that he works hard blah blah blah, but how far is that gonna take you on game day when a fresh 3 year WR burns his old grandpa ass.

Sparhawk
07-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Well one good thing is that he'll willingly work with our rookies. Sapp, Hodge and Perkins need all the help they can get. Too being a smaller CB will mean he knows how to defend a bigger WR, and can pass that on. Good need pick up, and I hope it pans out.

Coach
07-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Would have much rather gone for Beasley or Washington, but why Ambrose??? Hes almost 35 years old (3 years older than McCleon) and is just as or if not smaller than McCleon. People are saying that he works hard blah blah blah, but how far is that gonna take you on game day when a fresh 3 year WR burns his old grandpa ass.

I believe that someone here said that Beasley showed up out of shape, so I'm guessing that the Chiefs FO is looking for someone who is in shape. And I guess they feel that Ambrose is the one that was probably the best condition out of those 3. :shrug:

PHOG
07-02-2005, 07:46 AM
I believe that someone here said that Beasley showed up out of shape, so I'm guessing that the Chiefs FO is looking for someone who is in shape. And I guess they feel that Ambrose is the one that was probably the best condition out of those 3. :shrug:
:ZZZ: Ambrose?

:eek: :sulk:

:BS: :Lin:

Kclee
07-02-2005, 08:33 AM
but why Ambrose???

I heard his interview on Sirius, Totally fits the profile.