PDA

View Full Version : Hand at the level of your eyes!

Hammock Parties
07-01-2005, 11:04 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/98779/804174?cce_tid=C1F4C6D58426F531C663838F173605623139

Fire Me Boy!
07-01-2005, 11:05 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/98779/804174?cce_tid=C1F4C6D58426F531C663838F173605623139
Yeah, I'm waiting... it'll be in St. Louis next summer. I'll be there. I've only seen it on stage 7 times.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Yawn.

Fire Me Boy!
07-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Yawn.
SHADDUP! You obviously have no taste.

Of course... I'm agreeing with gochiefs, so... maybe I'm the one out of line.

Nevermind. Continue.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah. Careful.

HemiEd
07-01-2005, 11:07 PM
teh gay

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I've seen it a couple of times. Once from a front row seat on Broadway.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I've seen it a couple of times. Once from a front row seat on Broadway.Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Fire Me Boy!
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I've seen it a couple of times. Once from a front row seat on Broadway.
Best seats I've ever had were dead center, 6th row at Les Miz... that's about perfect... I'd think at the front your neck would get a little sore.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting... it'll be in St. Louis next summer. I'll be there. I've only seen it on state 7 times.

DAMN. 7 times. I have seen it once before, when I was like 17.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I sat in the front row at the Lord of the Rings concert last summer. Not too enjoyable.

keg in kc
Les Miz... A sweeping story about girl-on-girl romance in Columbia.

Frazod
Best seats I've ever had were dead center, 6th row at Les Miz... that's about perfect... I'd think at the front your neck would get a little sore.

The last time I saw Les Miz I was in the third row. Great show - I see it every time it hits town. Sure wish they'd make that into a movie.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Sure wish they'd make that into a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119683/

Fire Me Boy!
DAMN. 7 times. I have seen it once before, when I was like 17.
Last time was on my first date with my wife. Of course... she wasn't my wife at the time.

Anyway, I've always had this thing on first dates where I had to make myself the measuring stick for all other guys... I make sure my 1st dates were unforgettable. Then, even if the relationship didn't work out, the girl would say 10 yrs. down the road after a first date, "Well, it wasn't as good as the one with Tim."

I'm an ass. I know.

Frazod
Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Don't knock it until you try it. Especially now that I'm older, I prefer theater to concerts. You're not surrounded by drunken imbeciles who shout along with the lyrics and never sit down.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm still waiting on Spielberg to do Sweeney Todd.

Wait a second. What?

keg in kc
Don't knock it until you try it. Especially now that I'm older, I prefer theater to concerts. You're not surrounded by drunken imbeciles who shout along with the lyrics and never sit down.If I hadn't tried it, I wouldn't so vehemently hate it.

Fire Me Boy!
The last time I saw Les Miz I was in the third row. Great show - I see it every time it hits town. Sure wish they'd make that into a movie.
Closest you'll get is the live production -- but it's a friggin' all-star cast of the Broadway/London originals.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Closest you'll get is the live production -- but it's a friggin' all-star cast of the Broadway/London originals.

I've got it. My cousin's husband is a big theater star in England (he plays Javert in the London production, and just quit after doing it for about 10 years). He's actually in the 10th anniversary special, but in a minor role.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:17 PM
If I hadn't tried it, I wouldn't so vehemently hate it.

Sorry to hear that.

I've certainly seen some shows I didn't like (primarily the odious Cats :grr: ), but overall I enjoy it.

mcan
07-01-2005, 11:18 PM
NO, no, no...

We're talking about Frank Lloyd Wright...

Not Andrew Lloyd Webber.

But I can see the confusion. Ok, back to work.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear that.

I've certainly seen some shows I didn't like (primarily the odious Cats :grr: ), but overall I enjoy it.I've seen a couple of shows that I like, but most of what I've seen I consider to be trite pop bullshit aimed at the lowest common denominator of an audience. The thing I always found amusing was that this same musical lowbrow audience always considered itself snobbish and cultured.

I sound like a musical snob...because I am.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:23 PM
I've seen a couple of shows that I like, but most of what I've seen I consider to be trite pop bullshit aimed at the lowest common denominator of an audience. The thing I always found amusing was that this same musical lowbrow audience always considered itself snobbish and cultured.

I sound like a musical snob...because I am.

So what have you seen that you liked - or not liked?

jspchief
07-01-2005, 11:23 PM

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:24 PM

I meant a movie version of the musical.

jspchief
07-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I meant a movie version of the musical.Oh.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:31 PM
So what have you seen that you liked - or not liked?I've seen a shitload that I absolutely deplored. Back when I was studying music, I lived with several vocalists who loved the crapfests. In person, I've seen a couple on broadway, but I can't remember specifically what they were, other than Shogun about 15 years ago; that had some awesome stage sets but otherwise was crap.

(that's the bitch about depression, btw - large chunks of the last 10-15 years are just blank spots)

Off the top of my head, the only one I can remember that I liked was the afore-mentioned Sweeney Todd, and I think I liked that because it was so macabre and darkly funny. I don't know if you've seen that or not, but it seems like something that would be right down your alley.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:39 PM
I've seen a shitload that I absolutely deplored. Back when I was studying music, I lived with several vocalists who loved the crapfests. In person, I've seen a couple on broadway, but I can't remember specifically what they were, other than Shogun about 15 years ago; that had some awesome stage sets but otherwise was crap.

(that's the bitch about depression, btw - large chunks of the last 10-15 years are just blank spots)

Off the top of my head, the only one I can remember that I liked was the afore-mentioned Sweeney Todd, and I think I liked that because it was so macabre and darkly funny. I don't know if you've seen that or not, but it seems like something that would be right down your alley.

I haven't seen Sweeney Todd. Is that an opera or a musical? I've never been to an opera. Don't have a lot of desire to go to one, either.

keg in kc
07-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I haven't seen Sweeney Todd. Is that an opera or a musical? I've never been to an opera. Don't have a lot of desire to go to one, either.It's a Sondheim musical (although I guess some consider it an opera). Full name is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Been years since I've seen it, but as I recall it's about a barber who murders his customers and has his girl bake meat pies out of them.

Frazod
07-01-2005, 11:48 PM
It's a Sondheim musical (although I guess some consider it an opera). Full name is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Been years since I've seen it, but as I recall it's about a barber who murders his customers and has his girl bake meat pies out of them.

I'll have to check it out if I hear about it playing up here.

Reaper16
07-02-2005, 12:06 AM
I've got it. My cousin's husband is a big theater star in England (he plays Javert in the London production, and just quit after doing it for about 10 years). He's actually in the 10th anniversary special, but in a minor role.

Javert is such a great character. Les Mis rules. Hell, theatre in general rules.

Frazod
07-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Javert is such a great character. Les Mis rules. Hell, theatre in general rules.

I agree. :thumb:

mcan
07-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm a theatre major, but I don't really like musicals as a general rule. They have to be really freaking amazing before I give them any respect. But, naturally, a bunch of my friends are nuts about all of them. I've avoided seeing "Rent" because my damned friends sing the shit out of it.

Anyway, when I saw "Team America" I about laughed my ass off. Their version "Lease" is pretty much what I imagined "Rent" would be. Very funny.

Some decent musicals:
-The Last Five Years
-Sweeney Todd
-Avenue Q
-Chicago
-Little Shop of Horrors