PDA

View Full Version : My predicted division winners are as follows:

Red Dawg
07-05-2005, 04:19 AM
These are quick thoughts and not very in depth, can;t type all night with details. Gut feelings.

Patriots: They have lost some this season but Buffalo and Miami at the very least have QB issues. Buff is starting a newbie at QB and Miami doesn't even know who theirs will be, plus a new coach almostly always has a rough first year. Only the Jets stand in their way and with new OC and an ultralow scoring offense I doubt they beat them out. Hopefully I will be shocked.

Steelers: I see Ben losing a few games but Cinci and Cleveland will not take them down this year. The Pitt's defense is too strong for them. Balt will have the best defense in the land but to me Boller is a bum and will screw them up.

Jaguars: This may sound nuts but they look pretty solid. Decent offense and tough defense. Houston is getting there but not enough defense yet. Titans are a mess and McNair is always hurt. I really see the Colts taking a step backwards. They will have the worst defense in football. They will be what we were last year.

Chiefs: Of course I am a Homer. We have the offense, which will probably be even better. We have made very strong FA signings to make our defense strong. I don't think Brees is the real deal and with Marty there is usually a lapse after good seasons. Oakland will be all pass and nothing more. Collins will be on his back alot because their line is suspect not to mention their defense will be non existant. Denver has done nothing to really help themselves but get Gold back. I don't like the Browns players they got nor did their secondary get better. Their best pass rusher left as well. Plummer will have them home before December.

Cowboys: Hard to say why I think think they will prevail. Philly has to come down at some point. Why not this year, they have benefited from a weak division and conference for long enough. Dallas has beefed up this off season. The Giants have no one to be afraid of at all and Washington just plain has nothing but problems on their O-line.

Vikings: Greenbay will suck on defense and Brett makes stupid decisions these days. Green was a non factor last year and will be again this year The Bears are a wreck. The Lions could push the Vikes but only if Joey has the magical 4th year. Steve has surrounded him with talent.

Falcons: I really don't think they are all that great but Tampa, Caro, and NO are hurting. Tampa has no weapons, Carolina is back to reality with Jake D and N.O has no leadership on the field or sidelines. They simply won't play well in most of the games.

Seahawks: Weakest of all divisions. Arizona is in total rebuild mode along with San Fran. The Rams have a crazy man at the helm, they play too up and down. Great one week and bad the next. They also play alot of outdoor games.

That's it, bash away. I was really bored tonight.

CHIEF4EVER
07-05-2005, 05:40 AM
These are quick thoughts and not very in depth, can;t type all night with details. Gut feelings.

Patriots: They have lost some this season but Buffalo and Miami at the very least have QB issues. Buff is starting a newbie at QB and Miami doesn't even know who theirs will be, plus a new coach almostly always has a rough first year. Only the Jets stand in their way and with new OC and an ultralow scoring offense I doubt they beat them out. Hopefully I will be shocked.

Agree with Pats pick. Until they are unhorsed, they are the champs.

Steelers: I see Ben losing a few games but Cinci and Cleveland will not take them down this year. The Pitt's defense is too strong for them. Balt will have the best defense in the land but to me Boller is a bum and will screw them up.

Marvin Lewis is doing a heckuva job in Cinci. Which Big Ben will show up this year? The one who won 15 games or the one who pooped in his diapers in the playoffs? I give the nod to Cinci.

Jaguars: This may sound nuts but they look pretty solid. Decent offense and tough defense. Houston is getting there but not enough defense yet. Titans are a mess and McNair is always hurt. I really see the Colts taking a step backwards. They will have the worst defense in football. They will be what we were last year.

Colts. No discussion necessary.

Chiefs: Of course I am a Homer. We have the offense, which will probably be even better. We have made very strong FA signings to make our defense strong. I don't think Brees is the real deal and with Marty there is usually a lapse after good seasons. Oakland will be all pass and nothing more. Collins will be on his back alot because their line is suspect not to mention their defense will be non existant. Denver has done nothing to really help themselves but get Gold back. I don't like the Browns players they got nor did their secondary get better. Their best pass rusher left as well. Plummer will have them home before December.

Chiefs. The Bolts and our schedule will make it tough though.

Cowboys: Hard to say why I think think they will prevail. Philly has to come down at some point. Why not this year, they have benefited from a weak division and conference for long enough. Dallas has beefed up this off season. The Giants have no one to be afraid of at all and Washington just plain has nothing but problems on their O-line.

Ummmm, no. Parcells has made some great moves this offseason but no way will he unseat Philly this year. Maybe next year.

Vikings: Greenbay will suck on defense and Brett makes stupid decisions these days. Green was a non factor last year and will be again this year The Bears are a wreck. The Lions could push the Vikes but only if Joey has the magical 4th year. Steve has surrounded him with talent.

Agree (reluctantly) with the Vikes pick. The Lions will pose a big challenge methinks. Harrington IMO is the QB on the hottest hotseat of all the QB's in the NFL. Mariucci has surrounded this kid with weapons. If he don't shine in the first 4 games this year, look for him to be benched.

Falcons: I really don't think they are all that great but Tampa, Caro, and NO are hurting. Tampa has no weapons, Carolina is back to reality with Jake D and N.O has no leadership on the field or sidelines. They simply won't play well in most of the games.

I think this division will be a 3 way race this year. Atlanta, Nawlins and Carolina all have a decent shot. I go with Atlanta.

Seahawks: Weakest of all divisions. Arizona is in total rebuild mode along with San Fran. The Rams have a crazy man at the helm, they play too up and down. Great one week and bad the next. They also play alot of outdoor games.

Arizona will take this division IMO.

Mile High Mania
07-05-2005, 06:36 AM
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?

Swanman
07-05-2005, 06:43 AM
You said it all with the mentioning of being a homer and yes... I know this is a Chiefs' board. But, what has KC done offensively that would lead you to say they will probably be "even better"? And, what has happened to Indy that would lead you to believe they will be taking a step backwards?

If a few things happen, the offense could get better this year:

- Stability at the right tackle position, as last year was a nightmare with the Welbourn experiment

- Holmes sharing the load with LJ so his body doesn't break down 9 games into the season

- Samie Parker stepping up to be a good #2 receiver in the league

- A healthy Kris Wilson becoming the multi-faceted weapon he was thought to be when the Chiefs drafted him

NaptownChief
07-05-2005, 07:05 AM

I can't answer the Chiefs offensive improvement for him as I don't know what he is banking on except maybe the lose of Morton which would improve any team and the return of Boerighter and Kris Wilson. But I wouldn't bank on an improvement due to the age of Green, Shields, Roaf and Holmes.

As for the Colts, I don't see them going backwards but my guess would be the loss of Pollard(which I think will actually help cause they will be able to use Dallas Clark more), and the Mike Doss suspension must be what he is hoping for there. Or it could just be the belief that no team can stay that hot with the passing game for much longer without some slow down but again that would be nothing more than hope rather than fact.

bkkcoh
07-05-2005, 07:37 AM

I would say that our offense will be as good or better becasue of Kris Wilson and the rising star LJ. LJ will allow Priest to not have to touch the ball 30 times a game for the Chiefs to win.

Bo will help also if he is able to come back.

Mile High Mania
07-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Dangit... I was hoping someone would jump on the "it's all about FredEx" bandwagon.

bobbything
07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Who knows if the offense will be better. It's hard to improve on being "the best." So, I'll take a top 3 finish.

As for the Colts, I really see their defense being a problem. After watching what the Chiefs went through last season, and thinking that the offense can carry the load, I really think Indy will struggle more than people think they will. I'm predicting 10-6, maybe 9-7. I believe it's virtually impossible for Manning to duplicate his last season, and that's what it'll take for them to stay in many of their games. Their defense just isn't good.

But, ya never know.

Eleazar
07-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Jaguars ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

StcChief
07-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Chiefs. new and improved O with
LJ, Wilson, Bo, Sammy Parker, Fredex
Don't forget Gonzo, Priest, Green.

Improved Line.

Defense filled a bunch of holes. LBs, DBs, Safety

Missing Dline issues will Sims finally step up.
Dalton have another good year,
Junior Savaii getting it yet?

DE - Carlos Hall, Jared Allen, Hicks?

MLB ? - Mitchell Scanlon, Fox, rookie Boomer

Should be a tight one with Bolts.

I don't see Denver with the Browns Dline.

Raiders ? - big questions everywhere.

Mile High Mania
07-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't see Denver with the Browns Dline.

I think you're the lone KC fan that recognizes that while Denver acquired a bunch of former Browns' players, that they actually won't have a "Browns Dline". Good for you... :p