PDA

View Full Version : Damn Yankees

Calcountry
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
It pains me to post this, but the Spankees are not done yet. Giambi is on fire lately, and if he continues to hit the ball like he has recently, the whole Spankee lineup becomes like a murderers row. They are going off on the Orio cookies right now, and are looking to make a push in the second half.

God I hate them, I love to hate them so much, that I watch regular season games and root for the other team to beat them. Perhaps that is yet another reason they make so much money.

Heading into the All Star break, what are your thoughts, comments on who is going to be playing in October?

Just trying to get a good baseball thread going, I am not trying to smack the poor Royals. :D

Loki
07-05-2005, 01:28 PM
go red sox
http://www.avocado8.com/blog/images/red_sox.gif

FOAD spankees.
http://www.yankee-hater.com/yankeehater/images/store/YS-poster.gif

Kerberos
07-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Shit I thought this was going to be about Ted Nugent or Tommy Shaw or something worthwile !!!

:D

teedubya
07-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Shit I thought this was going to be about Ted Nugent or Tommy Shaw or something worthwile !!!

:D

heh.

Don't say goodnight
Say you're gonna stay forever
Oh oo Oh, all the way
Can you take me high enough
To fly me over (fly me over) yesterday
It's never over
Yesterday's just a memory (yesterday's just a memory and)
I don't want to live without you anymore
Can't you see I'm in misery
And you know for sure
I would live and die for you
And I'd know just what to do when you call me baby

Don't say goodbye
Oh oo Oh, all the way
Can you fly me over (fly me over) yesterday
It's never over
Yesterday's just a memory, I'm running
I was running for the door
The next thing I remember
I was running back for more
Yeah...

alpha_omega
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
**** the Yankees!

NJ Chief Fan
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
baseball still exists?

Calcountry
07-05-2005, 05:03 PM
baseball still exists?Its all I have right now. It reminds me of my childhood, when life was long, and there was time to kill today. And then one day you find, 10 years have got behind me, no one told me where to run, I missed the starting gun, and I run and i run to catch up with the sun but its sinking... racing arround, to come up behind me again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but I am older, shorter of breath, one day, closer to death. Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time....

NJ Chief Fan
07-05-2005, 07:07 PM
im an exbaseball fan i wont watch it till all the juiceheads are out of the league and retired growing up in new jersey i grew up a yankee fan...but i hate them...they might as well change their name to the new york juiceheads...most of that team is a bunch of juiceheads for example giambi sheffield afag i mean arod kevin brown

i got mad when the yanks got giambi..fine whatever. then they dont sign pettite and trading my favorite yankee soriano for the guy i hate second most in the mlb arod(barry bonds is the man i hate most) getting sheffield over vlad those were things that drew me away from being a yankee fan...i even rooted for boston to knock off the yanks in the alcs...i knew the yanks were gonna blow that 3-0 series lead cause the team has no chemistry and no heart and i also hate randy johnson and pavano

but playing baseball is another story i love playing baseball havent played it since i was in little league but play home run derby every once in a while

DJay23
07-05-2005, 07:53 PM
You could say 3/4 of the teams in MLB have a chance at this point.

The season's barely half over. There is a LONG way to go.

digi2fish
07-05-2005, 08:40 PM
classic power ballad. :thumb:
yup, I had the same thinking about this thread.

heh.

Don't say goodnight
Oh oo Oh, all the way
To fly me over (fly me over) yesterday
It's never over
Yesterday's just a memory (yesterday's just a memory and)
I don't want to live without you anymore
Can't you see I'm in misery
And you know for sure
I would live and die for you
And I'd know just what to do when you call me baby

Don't say goodbye
Oh oo Oh, all the way
Can you fly me over (fly me over) yesterday
It's never over
Yesterday's just a memory, I'm running
I was running for the door
The next thing I remember
I was running back for more
Yeah...

whoman69
07-06-2005, 12:13 PM
You could say 3/4 of the teams in MLB have a chance at this point.

The season's barely half over. There is a LONG way to go.
turn that around and it might be true

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
im an exbaseball fan i wont watch it till all the juiceheads are out of the league and retired growing up in new jersey i grew up a yankee fan...but i hate them...they might as well change their name to the new york juiceheads...most of that team is a bunch of juiceheads for example giambi sheffield aRump Ranger i mean arod kevin brown

i got mad when the yanks got giambi..fine whatever. then they dont sign pettite and trading my favorite yankee soriano for the guy i hate second most in the mlb arod(barry bonds is the man i hate most) getting sheffield over vlad those were things that drew me away from being a yankee fan...i even rooted for boston to knock off the yanks in the alcs...i knew the yanks were gonna blow that 3-0 series lead cause the team has no chemistry and no heart and i also hate randy johnson and pavano

but playing baseball is another story i love playing baseball havent played it since i was in little league but play home run derby every once in a whileIt is my contention that the Yankees bought Giambi, not for their own need, but to put a whole in the A's who twice almost denied them advancement in the playoffs.

Try growing some of your own talent Yankees, then perhaps you will have the chemistry of a baseball team, rather than the heart of a terminator.

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Guys, it was the title of a movie too. Hey Jenson, have you ever seen it?

BIG_DADDY
07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
The A's are finally on a role. We have to get out to some games. Jason was going to come back, I said that many times when he was getting dogged out on the BB.

Reaper16
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
It is my contention that the Yankees bought Giambi, not for their own need, but to put a whole in the A's who twice almost denied them advancement in the playoffs.

Try growing some of your own talent Yankees, then perhaps you will have the chemistry of a baseball team, rather than the heart of a terminator.

They trade off all of thier farm talent to plug holes. Hell, the Royals almost got Robinson Cano earlier this year for Affedlt and someone else, Harvey maybe. (The Yanks backed away from it, that would have been a steal.)

tomahawk kid
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
classic power ballad. :thumb:
yup, I had the same thinking about this thread.

Many a middle school dance ended w/ that classic......

penchief
07-06-2005, 12:36 PM
It is my contention that the Yankees bought Giambi, not for their own need, but to put a whole in the A's who twice almost denied them advancement in the playoffs.

I agree. But they have done that. That was the key to their recent success. They had great chemistry. Pettitte, Rivera, Posada, Jeter, and Williams were the heart and soul of that team.

When they resort to bringing in the high-priced free agents it is a crap shoot. When you have a young player that thrives in pinstripes you can't get rid of him because they usually turn out to be great. When they bring in a big name they rarely play as well as they did before they joined the Yanks.

Unfortunately, they seem to be resorting to their 1980's approach. They made huge mistakes getting rid of farmhands like Nick Johnson and Alphonso Soriano, IMO. Those guys proved they could excell as Yankees and those are the guys that seem to carry on the tradition.

I loved Nick Johnson. I'd give anything to have him back.

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
The A's are finally on a role. We have to get out to some games. Jason was going to come back, I said that many times when he was getting dogged out on the BB.PM me man, I am there as long as we work it out in advance. :thumb:

I have already been to 20 games this year. I don't know which is more fun, watching a team win it all, or seeing the makings of a great team grow into that championship team. If Beane keeps the key nucleus of the A's together(Chaves, Crosby, Kielty, Kotsay) and the current pitching staff, they will be a force in the next couple of years.

These guys aren't old enough to shave and they are at 500 midpoint in the season despite a 5-20something may.

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I agree. But they have done that. That was the key to their recent success. They had great chemistry. Pettitte, Rivera, Posada, Jeter, and Williams were the heart and soul of that team.

When they resort to bringing in the high-priced free agents it is a crap shoot. When you have a young player that thrives in pinstripes you can't get rid of him because they usually turn out to be great. When they bring in a big name they rarely play as well as they did before they joined the Yanks.

Unfortunately, they seem to be resorting to their 1980's approach. They made huge mistakes getting rid of farmhands like Nick Johnson and Alphonso Soriano, IMO. Those guys proved they could excell as Yankees and those are the guys that seem to carry on the tradition.

I loved Nick Johnson. I'd give anything to have him back.Nick Johnson beat the A's when they were at the Nationals this year with a homer. Soriano is having a great year, I am asking myself, if the Yankees are committed to winning a championship every year and can afford any price, why did they let these two go? Big miscalculation was that they just needed ONE more quality starter and they wouldn't have folded against the Red Sox. Frankly, with the pitching they had last year, they outplayed themselves just getting to the hill against the Sox.

Really, if it weren't for the explosive offense outscoring the opponents the Yankees would be what they are this year, and average team that is getting old by the day.

BIG_DADDY
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
PM me man, I am there as long as we work it out in advance. :thumb:

I have already been to 20 games this year. I don't know which is more fun, watching a team win it all, or seeing the makings of a great team grow into that championship team. If Beane keeps the key nucleus of the A's together(Chaves, Crosby, Kielty, Kotsay) and the current pitching staff, they will be a force in the next couple of years.

These guys aren't old enough to shave and they are at 500 midpoint in the season despite a 5-20something may.

They are rolling. I will PM you a couple of my numbers. Rina really wants to go to a game so we will definately do it.

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
They are rolling. I will PM you a couple of my numbers. Rina really wants to go to a game so we will definately do it.The last time I had a 20 game season ticket package was 1989. We know what happened that year.

I know quality when I see it.

I was going for almost a year every friday just for a diversion, then all of a sudden I was looking at that team last year and go, "wtf", they win a lot of games. They just win a lot of games. They didn't make the playoffs because their pitching fell apart down the stretch do to overworking the starters because of a weak ass bullpen.

The bullpen is stronger this year, and frankly once the youngins on the staff have got their feet wet, they haven't missed a beat from trading 2 of the big 3.

Their main problem in May was a lack of power and team chemistry. This was due to a rash of injuries. With the return of Crosby that all changed and they haven't looked back.

Kielty last year couldn't hit anything, this year he is the A's main source of power.

go bo
07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
i never really was a baseball fan, but i did go to a royals game when george and frank and willie and them were playing and it was a pretty exciting game...

i hate the yanks and loved it when boston won it all, but i guess i would be more of a royals fan, sorta...

i hope the royals do good, but since kaufman died, it hasn't been the same...

oh, and i have no idea who will be playing in october, but i'd guess the red sox and the a's, maybe (are they in different leagues?)...

BIG_DADDY
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
The last time I had a 20 game season ticket package was 1989. We know what happened that year.

I know quality when I see it.

I was going for almost a year every friday just for a diversion, then all of a sudden I was looking at that team last year and go, "wtf", they win a lot of games. They just win a lot of games. They didn't make the playoffs because their pitching fell apart down the stretch do to overworking the starters because of a weak ass bullpen.

The bullpen is stronger this year, and frankly once the youngins on the staff have got their feet wet, they haven't missed a beat from trading 2 of the big 3.

Their main problem in May was a lack of power and team chemistry. This was due to a rash of injuries. With the return of Crosby that all changed and they haven't looked back.

Kielty last year couldn't hit anything, this year he is the A's main source of power.

It's looking like a Rangers game will probably be a good way to go.

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
It's looking like a Rangers game will probably be a good way to go.Yes, lets go watch the A's roast the Roasterless rump Rangers.

Did you hear that gochiefie?

Calcountry
07-06-2005, 02:03 PM
i never really was a baseball fan, but i did go to a royals game when george and frank and willie and them were playing and it was a pretty exciting game...

i hate the yanks and loved it when boston won it all, but i guess i would be more of a royals fan, sorta...

i hope the royals do good, but since kaufman died, it hasn't been the same...

oh, and i have no idea who will be playing in october, but i'd guess the red sox and the a's, maybe (are they in different leagues?)...Dude, grow a pair and learn something about baseball before you post dammit!

Some Royals fan you are. I went to a Royals game once too, when Brett played. I will never forget it . It was against the Cleveland Indians the night after the "Pine Tar" game. Brett was announced to 4 standing Ovations, but he went 0-4. I forgot who won the game, but I remember the love that he got, it was amazing.