PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex) Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex)

Rain Man
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
We won the biggest project in the history of my company today. I can't tell anyone what it is at the moment, but we won it and it's really cool.

Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex.)

Receiving line is at the right. Feel free to offer your congratulations or to jealously tell me to do obscene things to myself.

|Zach|
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Good to hear things are going well in your universe.

jAZ
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
We won the biggest project in the history of my company today. I can't tell anyone what it is at the moment, but we won it and it's really cool.

Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex.)

Receiving line is at the right. Feel free to offer your congratulations or to jealously tell me to do obscene things to myself.
31,000+ posts and you actually accomplish stuff too?

:p

luv
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Very cool. Love landing those big projects. They're what helps the company move forward and put them in a better financial state. Which could be good for you. ;)

Congrats!!

Jenson71
07-05-2005, 04:46 PM
This is great to hear, Rain Man. I remember your work well, and especially how much you told me after the one that didn't go the right way a while back, and I'm extremely happy for you. :thumb:

Zebedee DuBois
07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Congrats Rain Man.

I am sure the fact that your new clients are spider haters helped your cause.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Hopefully you'll be able to stop driving that dreadful Fiero now.

Taco John
07-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm going to get hopped up and steal a bike in celebration!

|Zach|
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
http://motorcyclecity.com/Run_a_Mucca/images/77420040531-12%20runamucca.jpg

Phobia
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
I know everything is going great for your company, so I really feel like I need to take this thread down a notch with a balancing story from my company.

Two months ago, I bought an enclosed trailer for my business. It was a wise investment. I like it very much.

A week ago yesterday, a client backed into the trailer while it was parked in his driveway. Today while I'm pulling up to another client's jobsite, his neighbor backs into the trailer while I'm looking on in horror.

Combine this with the stolen car, shredded knee, drive shaft issues, and all the other crap in my life and death would be welcomed at this moment. I expect my wife to run off with another man at any moment.

luv
07-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Combine this with the stolen car, shredded knee, drive shaft issues, and all the other crap in my life and death would be welcomed at this moment. I expect my wife to run off with another man at any moment.
With Rain Man's good fortune, maybe he will be the other man. :p

J/K Hope things starting looking up for you. Keep your chin up. :)

Jenson71
07-05-2005, 04:59 PM

Well if it makes you feel any better, today, one of the 1/2 gallon orange juices had a leak in it....

Taco John
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Holy shit! He's onto us Pink!

4th and Long
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I can't tell anyone what it is at the moment, but we won it and it's really cool.

Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex.)
Does it in any way involve pirates and weight lifting equipment?

WolfDawg
07-05-2005, 05:13 PM

You could be right, after all with all that bad luck, some good luck is bound to come your way. :thumb:

teedubya
07-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey Phil... at least you have frien... uh...

damn dude... sucks to be you. Good luck bro.

jspchief
07-05-2005, 06:32 PM

Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex.)

Receiving line is at the right. Feel free to offer your congratulations or to jealously tell me to do obscene things to myself.Glad someone is on a peak.

A month after being told I was going to pick up enough work to increase my yearly load by about 30%, I come to find out I didn't get the account afterall. Near as I can tell, the reason boiled down to a difference of about $30-$40 per house. It feels like I'm going backwards in my business right now.

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
I know everything is going great for your company, so I really feel like I need to take this thread down a notch with a balancing story from my company.

Two months ago, I bought an enclosed trailer for my business. It was a wise investment. I like it very much.

A week ago yesterday, a client backed into the trailer while it was parked in his driveway. Today while I'm pulling up to another client's jobsite, his neighbor backs into the trailer while I'm looking on in horror.

What happened to the Knee?

Also, it sounds like you need to invest in some armor plating for your trailer.

Oh, BTW, Congrats Kev!

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
You could be right, after all with all that bad luck, some good luck is bound to come your way. :thumb:

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're saying he'd be lucky if Pink ran off???

:):)

alanm
07-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Can I have some money Kevin??? :)

jspchief
07-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Can I have some money Kevin??? :)Hey, are the Alan that was going to move to Des Moines?

WolfDawg
07-05-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're saying he'd be lucky if Pink ran off???

:):)

I'm guessing Pink is his wife?

It was a joke.

Fat Elvis
Lemme guess, Pete Coors dug the Apricot wheels?

alanm
Hey, are the Alan that was going to move to Des Moines?
Nope..Not me. I'm still here in Western, NE. :)

jspchief
07-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Nope..Not me. I'm still here in Western, NE. :)I thought there was an Alan from Nebraska that was moving to Des Moines. I must have my wires crossed.

Skip Towne
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM

Uh-huh and all the while trying to blame all the bad shit on Endelt.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Uh-huh and all the while trying to blame all the bad shit on Endelt.

ENDelt broke his hand over the weekend.

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 07:31 PM

It was a joke.

I know, I was just pushing the joke a little further down the line.

:)

Mr. Kotter
07-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Congrats, Kev. That's really cool. :thumb:

go bo
07-05-2005, 07:33 PM

Combine this with the stolen car, shredded knee, drive shaft issues, and all the other crap in my life and death would be welcomed at this moment. I expect my wife to run off with another man at any moment.has she found any volunteers yet? :p :p :p

nychief
07-05-2005, 07:42 PM

Arrrrrrr! (Flex, flex.)

envious... not jealous.

Skip Towne
07-05-2005, 07:46 PM
ENDelt broke his hand over the weekend.
Yeah, that is where you were trying to place the bad luck at his door. While taking multiple shots to the trailer, et al.

go bo
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
oh, congrats, shower boy... :toast: :toast: :toast:

now if you could just stop doing all those polls...

only kidding, we love your polls (even if you did leave us stranded on the runway... :( :( :( )

cdcox
Congrats, Rain Man.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck streak, Phobia. In the long run, it will all even out, theoretically speaking of course.

Phobia
Yeah, that is where you were trying to place the bad luck at his door. While taking multiple shots to the trailer, et al.

I could actually profit from the trailer. I'm planning to park it in conspicuous spots frequently in the future. Maybe my customers will eventually pay for it and I'll have a trailer with a few dents and dings.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Congrats, Rain Man.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck streak, Phobia. In the long run, it will all even out, theoretically speaking of course.

Since this thread is totally about me anyway, would you please crunch some probability numbers so I can decide rope or pills?

cdcox
07-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Since this thread is totally about me anyway, would you please crunch some probability numbers so I can decide rope or pills?

If you OD on Pink's BC pills you will probably grow breasts. I'd go with the rope.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 07:57 PM
If you OD on Pink's BC pills you will probably grow breasts. I'd go with the rope.

Okay, uh - this was not a 50/50 proposition. There was a 3rd option. I wanted you to tell me what the odds were that my luck would soon turn around. I'd kind prefer to live, ya know?

cdcox
07-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Okay, uh - this was not a 50/50 proposition. There was a 3rd option. I wanted you to tell me what the odds were that my luck would soon turn around. I'd kind prefer to live, ya know?

You asked rope or pills. If you wanted a 3rd option you should have phrased your question differently. Do you run your whole life this way? If so I'm thinking this is more a case of operator error as opposed to bad luck. In that case your streak of bad luck may still be in your future. I'd bet againt you surviving it, unless you clean up your act.

Logical
07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I would respond with something clever, but Rain Nan has used up everything clever ever conceived.

Dammit Kevin :cuss:

Phobia
07-05-2005, 08:11 PM
You asked rope or pills. If you wanted a 3rd option you should have phrased your question differently. Do you run your whole life this way? If so I'm thinking this is more a case of operator error as opposed to bad luck. In that case your streak of bad luck may still be in your future. I'd bet againt you surviving it, unless you clean up your act.

So, do you think the rope will burn my neck when you push me over the edge?

Skip Towne
07-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I could actually profit from the trailer. I'm planning to park it in conspicuous spots frequently in the future. Maybe my customers will eventually pay for it and I'll have a trailer with a few dents and dings.
Hey, that's good. You are your father's son.

cdcox
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
So, do you think the rope will burn my neck when you push me over the edge?

Well if you screw that up too, a rope burn may be the worst you get out of it.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Well if you screw that up too, a rope burn may be the worst you get out of it.

Nothing is a larger advertisement for failure than a massive rope burn on one's neck.

cdcox
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Nothing is a larger advertisement for failure than a massive rope burn on one's neck.

Massive man boobs might be close.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Massive man boobs might be close.

You raise a valid point, Mr. Mickelson.

FWIW, I've reconsidered my previous statement. Somewhere there is an ex-girlfriend of mine walking around with the name of another ex-girlfriend of mine carved in her forearm.

How do you suppose she explains that?
"Hello (squinting), uh Tina I presume?"
"Nah (chomps gum), my name's Krystal."
"Uh - your arm."
"Oh - that's my ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend's name."
"WTFBBQ"

Logical
07-05-2005, 08:22 PM
... drive shaft issues...Well that is not good for Pink, thank goodness she already got a beautiful child out of the marriage.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Notice you're gone and this stuff is still happening. It's you not me.

Says the futher mucker who can't even count.

"Bad shit always happens in threes."

Uh.

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
"Bad [stuff] always happens in threes."

Uh.

UH OH! You've got a REAL DOOZY coming up. The third item in three sets of threes is about to unfold.

Please don't come to Oklahoma for while, OK?

:)

luv
07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I plan to profit from the broken hand, too. Two words: sympathy pussy.
You probably borrow friend's dogs to take them to the park, toss the frisbee to where it lands right next to some girl laying out....
Have you ever gone to war and not known if you would see tomorrow?

Phobia
07-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Wait, now you're projecting that theory on to me?

Uh - like you have any credibility to deny it. You can't even remember what you hit to break your hand 4 nights ago. You can't even remember slobbering all over the 60 year old mother with her perfectly eligible 2 daughters sitting at the same table. heh.

Skip Towne
07-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Notice you're gone and this stuff is still happening. It's you not me.
Exactly, see post #32.

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Uh - like you have any credibility to deny it. You can't even remember what you hit to break your hand 4 nights ago.

My mom had a horse step on her foot one time and did a fine job of breaking bones. Say END, by chance, did your date step on your hand?

Rain Man
07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Arrrrr. (Flex, flex).

Thanks for the kind wishes, everybo - ... heyyyy, this thread is just about phobia.

PastorMikH
07-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Arrrrr. (Flex, flex).

Thanks for the kind wishes, everybo - ... heyyyy, this thread is just about phobia.

He's had a tough time lately and needed some encouraging. It was sure thoughtful of you to create a thread for that to happen on.

Phobia
07-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Please leave my thread, Rainman. I'm trying to absorb all the good vibes I can get.

alanm
07-05-2005, 11:10 PM
My mom had a horse step on her foot one time and did a fine job of breaking bones. Say END, by chance, did your date step on your hand?
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEE HEE!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

alanm
07-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I thought there was an Alan from Nebraska that was moving to Des Moines. I must have my wires crossed.
I think there's another guy that lives in Omaha who's name is Alan but uses another name and was moving to Des Moines. I'm the only guy here that uses Alan in my user name.

patteeu
07-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Congratulations Rain Man! That sounds great (although a bit vague at the same time). I'm guessing you won the contract to do a survey and some analysis on what the Navy's next medium attack aircraft should be capable of doing.

MahiMike
07-06-2005, 06:45 AM
Guess this means you won't be seeing your family for the next 9 months... :clap:

chagrin
07-06-2005, 07:13 AM
So, you finally got that "bikini babe" project underway. Tell me, how much did you end up deciding to charge for the viewing?

Skip Towne
07-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Any project that big will almost certainly require a Tulsa correspondant. PM me with the details, Rainman, I'm ready to rock 'n roll.

pink
07-11-2005, 09:28 PM

It was a joke.

grab a clue. that $hit ain't funny.

dudethisisajoke.