PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network to Broadcast 55 Pre Season Games in 25 days.

Dremel
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
NFL Network to air 55 games in 25 days

NEW YORK (June 20, 2005) -- NFL Network will televise 55 games during the NFL's four-week preseason -- all but the 11 televised nationally by the NFL's four network partners (ABC, CBS, ESPN and FOX).

NFL Network will use the television feeds of local broadcasters and make use of both sets of announcers. For example, if Oakland is playing at San Francisco, NFL Network will use the announcers from the 49ers (home team) for the first half, and then switch to the Raiders' (away team) crew for the second half.

In addition to 55 preseason games, NFL Network will present NFL Total Access: No Huddle, a live look-in show that whips around to NFL preseason games in progress. Seven No Huddle shows will air during the preseason featuring action from four to nine games taking place simultaneously.

Of the 55 games NFL Network will carry nationally during the preseason, six will air live. NFL Network's live games each carry an interesting storyline.

Oakland at San Francisco (Saturday, Aug. 13, at 10 p.m. ET)
Fans get their first glimpse of Randy Moss wearing the Raiders silver and black, plus the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, Alex Smith, takes his first snap as a pro. Also, 49ers new head coach Mike Nolan makes his NFL head coaching debut.

Cleveland at Detroit (Saturday, Aug. 20, at 1 p.m. ET)
Two of the premier rookie wide receivers -- Cleveland's Braylon Edwards and Detroit's Mike Williams -- are featured, plus a look at first-year Browns coach Romeo Crennel.

St. Louis at San Diego (Sunday, Aug. 21, at 4 p.m. ET)
A look at Rams rookie right tackle Alex Barron, plus San Diego's young talent -- including 2004 top pick Phillip Rivers and this year's first-rounders Shawne Merriman and Luis Castillo -- looks to impress.

Tennessee at San Francisco (Friday, Aug. 26, at 10 p.m. ET)
Top rookies are on display in Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and new offensive coordinator Norm Chow along with 49ers quarterback Alex Smith and running back Frank Gore.

San Francisco at San Diego (Thursday, Sept. 1, at 10 p.m. ET)
The preseason winds down as Smith and Nolan get their last tune-up against the Chargers and their All-Pros Drew Brees, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates.

Denver at Arizona (Friday, Sept. 2, at 10 p.m. ET)
A look at two rookie running backs, Maurice Clarett (Denver) and J.J. Arrington (Arizona), in addition to Cardinals top pick Antrel Rolle and free-agent acquisition Kurt Warner.

NFL Network air times for 2005 preseason games
Friday, Aug. 12
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from six games 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 13
1. Detroit at N.Y. Jets Noon
2. New England at Cincinnati 3 p.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from six games 7 p.m.
3. Oakland at San Francisco (LIVE)
(IN OAKLAND/SF MARKETS, VIEWERS WILL SEE DALLAS AT ARIZONA LIVE) 10 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 14
4. Chicago at St. Louis 10 a.m.
5. Seattle at New Orleans 1 p.m.
6. Miami at Jacksonville 4 p.m.
7. Kansas City at Minnesota 7 p.m.
8. N.Y. Giants at Cleveland 11 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 15
9. Dallas at Arizona 7 a.m.
10. Denver at Houston 1 p.m.
11. Washington at Carolina 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
12. Tampa Bay at Tennessee Noon
Wednesday, Aug. 17
13. Baltimore at Atlanta Noon
14. Buffalo at Indianapolis 3 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 20
15. Cleveland at Detroit (LIVE) 1 p.m.
16. Tennessee at Atlanta 4 p.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from nine games 8 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 21
17. Philadelphia at Baltimore 1 p.m.
18. St. Louis at San Diego (LIVE) 4 p.m.
19. Carolina at N.Y. Giants 8 p.m.
20. Chicago at Indianapolis Midnight
Monday, Aug. 22
21. Arizona at Kansas City 10 a.m.
22. San Francisco at Denver 1 p.m.
23. Green Bay at Buffalo 4 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
24. Jacksonville at Tampa Bay Noon
25. Miami at Pittsburgh 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
26. Cincinnati at Washington Noon
27. Oakland at Houston 3 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 26
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from eight games 7:30 p.m.
28. Tennessee at San Francisco (LIVE) 10 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 27
29. Baltimore at New Orleans 10 a.m.
30. Buffalo at Chicago 1 p.m.
31. New England at Green Bay 4 p.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from four games 8 p.m.
32. Carolina at Cleveland 11 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 28
33. N.Y. Jets at N.Y. Giants 8 a.m.
34. Tampa Bay at Miami 12:30 p.m.
35. Arizona at Oakland 4 p.m.
36. Houston at Dallas 7 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 29
37. Cincinnati at Philadelphia 9 a.m.
38. San Diego at Minnesota Noon
39. Seattle at Kansas City 3 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 1
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from nine games 7:30 p.m.
40. San Francisco at San Diego (LIVE) 10 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 2
41. Houston at Tampa Bay Noon
42. N.Y. Jets at Philadelphia 3 p.m.
No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from four games 7:30 p.m.
43. Denver at Arizona (LIVE) 10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 3
44. Green Bay at Tennessee 10 a.m.
45. Cleveland at Chicago 5 p.m.
46. Pittsburgh at Carolina 9 p.m.
47. N.Y. Giants at New England 12 a.m.
Sunday, Sept. 4
48. Indianapolis at Cincinnati 8 a.m.
49. Jacksonville at Dallas 11 a.m.
50. Detroit at Buffalo 2 p.m.
51. Kansas City at St. Louis 7 p.m.
52. Minnesota at Seattle Midnight
Monday, Sept. 5
53. Atlanta at Miami 9 a.m.
54. New Orleans at Oakland Noon
55. Washington at Baltimore 3 p.m.

Get NFL Network

NFL on

• Judge: Schedule means rising Chargers face tough road
• Judge: European imports? Six who could make it over here
• Rumor mill

• NFL Network home

Help · Account Info

© 2005, NFL Enterprises LLC. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.
The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated.
NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC.

teedubya
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
damn time warner... get on the flucking ball!!

alpha_omega
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM

Yep...that's what i think everytime i see "such and such cool thing on NFL Network"

Mr. Laz
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
NFL Network to air 55 games in 25 days
:clap:

Frosty
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
This was awesome last year, since I usually never get to see preseason games, unless the Chiefs were one of the national games or they played the Seahawks.

I did have a few gripes, though:

1. The tape-delayed games rarely start at their scheduled times, making it tough to TIVO them.

2. They sometimes drop out chunks of the games to make them fit in their time slot better. Last year, one of the games I saw showed players milling around for 15 minutes during a serious injury and then cut out most of the second quarter.

3. It's supposed to be one team's homer announcers for one half and then the other team's homer announcers for the other half but every Chiefs game had the other team's announcers for the entire game. Usually you get some insight into training camp battles and such from the homer announcers, but with the other team's announcers they wouldn't even mention the Chiefs' players.

I may have to go back to listening live over the net and then catch the tape delayed games if necessary.

tomahawk kid
07-06-2005, 01:26 PM
This was awesome last year, since I usually never get to see preseason games, unless the Chiefs were one of the national games or they played the Seahawks.

I did have a few gripes, though:

1. The tape-delayed games rarely start at their scheduled times, making it tough to TIVO them.

2. They sometimes drop out chunks of the games to make them fit in their time slot better. Last year, one of the games I saw showed players milling around for 15 minutes during a serious injury and then cut out most of the second quarter.

3. It's supposed to be one team's homer announcers for one half and then the other team's homer announcers for the other half but every Chiefs game had the other team's announcers for the entire game. Usually you get some insight into training camp battles and such from the homer announcers, but with the other team's announcers they wouldn't even mention the Chiefs' players.

I may have to go back to listening live over the net and then catch the tape delayed games if necessary.

I agree with everyone of your points, but the preseason games are still better than that "Playbook" show they broadcast.

BIG_DADDY
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
That's cool I always miss the preseason

Dremel
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
49ers live three times?? Trying to pimp the new QB thank god
here in the Bay Area we get substitute games on the NFL Net.

KChiefsQT
07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
What's the difference between NFL Network and Sunday Ticket? I get Sunday Ticket so I can watch the Chiefs cause they're never broadcasted here...but I always like to watch preseason games and ST doesn't offer it? I wonder if I could just get NFL network for the month of August... hmmm?

Deberg_1990
07-06-2005, 05:21 PM
They did the same thing last year. I love you Direct TV!!!

Skip Towne
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Directv anyone? The cable companies have always sucked hind tit since satellite showed up.

china_cup727
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
COOL I just got the basic Direct TV package and it is included $49 per month very much woth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Frosty
07-07-2005, 07:07 AM
What's the difference between NFL Network and Sunday Ticket? I get Sunday Ticket so I can watch the Chiefs cause they're never broadcasted here...but I always like to watch preseason games and ST doesn't offer it? I wonder if I could just get NFL network for the month of August... hmmm?

If you have DirecTV, you have NFL Network. It's channel 212, year-round.