PDA

View Full Version : Stella

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Anybody watch this on Comedy Central? It's the trio of Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, and David Wain. I think it's quite possibly the greatest thing ever concieved by man... but I'm sure it's a real love it or hate it show.

Any opinions?

HC_Chief
07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
I found it retarded... then again, I <i>always</i> find Michael Ian Black profusely annoying.

I guess if you like "Tom Goes to the Mayor" from Adult Swim, you'll like Stella as well... same sort of humor IMO.

I can't stand either.

beavis
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I watched it the other night and thought it was about the most moronic thing I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just missing something though. I might give it one more chance, but after one viewing, I'm not holding out much hope for it.

Thig Lyfe
I found it retarded... then again, I <i>always</i> find Michael Ian Black profusely annoying.

I guess if you like "Tom Goes to the Mayor" from Adult Swim, you'll like Stella as well... same sort of humor IMO.

I can't stand either.

Hmm... I enjoy both...

Stella is retarded, but then again so am I.... that must be why I like it so much.

beavis
I think he's a complete idiot as well, although he was on one of my favorite shows of all time, Ed.

Jenson71
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I think he's a complete idiot as well, although he was on one of my favorite shows of all time, Ed.

He's always on those VH1 shows my brother loves. I think he often says some very funny things.

Gaz
07-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I watched about [10] minutes and got my lifetime fill of “Stella.”

xoxo~
Gaz
Definitely not a fan.

cadmonkey
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Didn't get to see it yet, but I will watch anything that the former members of "The State" do........Reno 911 and Stella

HC_Chief
07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Reno 911 is great... love that show. The other two in your list suck(ed).

JMO.

"The Mind of Carlos Mencia" was on last night... it was kind of funny, but certainly no replacement for Chappel. Damn it Dave, get your sh*t together!!! :grr:

Pants
07-07-2005, 01:46 PM
He's always on those VH1 shows my brother loves. I think he often says some very funny things.
I think VH1 supplies those people with lines. They are just there to say it...

cadmonkey
07-07-2005, 01:49 PM

JMO.

"The Mind of Carlos Mencia" was on last night... it was kind of funny, but certainly no replacement for Chappel. Damn it Dave, get your sh*t together!!! :grr:

"The State" was one of the funniest shows on TV. You had to like "Kids in the Hall" to like The State.

Wrasse
07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
"The State" was one of the funniest shows on TV. You had to like "Kids in the Hall" to like The State.
The State was a great show.

** also loves Kids in the Hall and is fairly certain VH1 doesn't supply those lines for MIB's commentary **

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2005, 02:03 PM
fairly certain VH1 doesn't supply those lines for MIB's commentary

I agree. I doubt there are writers at Vh1 funnier than Michael Ian Black is by himself.

Pants
07-07-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree. I doubt there are writers at Vh1 funnier than Michael Ian Black is by himself.

Are we talking about the count down shows and such? Where they have semi-celebrities comment on other celebrities? There is no way all those people know all those insane facts about other celebrities, unless of course they are obsessed and/or are stalkers.

Jenson71
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Are we talking about the count down shows and such? Where they have semi-celebrities comment on other celebrities? There is no way all those people know all those insane facts about other celebrities, unless of course they are obsessed and/or are stalkers.

I'm thinking of the "Remember the 80's" stuff...

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
O: How does that show work? Do they just say, "The two Coreys: Riff!"

MIB: Yeah. That's exactly how it works.

O: Do you ever get to the point where you say, "I'm sorry. I've got nothing to say about Rick Springfield"?

MIB: Often. Although if you'd like, I can talk ad nauseam about Rick Springfield.

beavis
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
It took me watching Reno 911 two or three times to get into it. Now I'm hooked. That's the only reason I might give Stella another chance.

|Zach|
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
I liked it alot...