PDA

View Full Version : Check out what these guys have to say about Priest....

WarCry!
07-08-2005, 06:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/3739360?GT1=6667

jynni
07-08-2005, 06:32 AM
I understand their concern, however, saying Priest bailed on his team is kinda harsh. I thought it was kinda understood that he didn't finish the rest of the season to save money against the salary cap for this year.

KCTitus
07-08-2005, 06:33 AM
E. James didnt do sqaut for me last year, of course it didnt help that Manning was pass silly going for Marino's record either.

Fire Me Boy!
07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Gotta agree... I disagree about the part where he "bailed" on us last year, but he's not reliable. When healthy, he's racking up TD's faster that gochiefs is Star Wars "action figures"... but he's looking more and more injury prone.

JimNasium
07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I understand their concern, however, saying Priest bailed on his team is kinda harsh. I thought it was kinda understood that he didn't finish the rest of the season to save money against the salary cap for this year.
One word, nachos.

Bwana
07-08-2005, 06:44 AM
nachos?

Baaa! Priest will be fine and if he gets dinged, we have LJ to step up and rip off the yards.

JimNasium
07-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Baaa! Priest will be fine and if he gets dinged, we have LJ to step up and rip off the yards.
I was hoping to see the famous nacho-Priest pic. Rep to you. ROFL

StcChief
07-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Priest LJ are TD machines behind the best O-line in NFL.

Too. bad the fantasy FB doesn't allow a 1st/2nd string as option.

Would be easy to implement in software.

NewChief
07-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Yet more proof that the fantasy perspective on football is misguided and schewed.

Simplex3
07-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Hell, if you're approaching it purely from a fantasy perspective Holmes DOES go to high. You wouldn't pick anyone that didn't finish the last several seasons in the top 10 except that people make a huge reach for a guy with the TD record. Smart ff players draft solid guys in the first, guys that will put up good points but will also be on the field every week. Holmes' recent history doesn't bear that out.

Skip Towne
07-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey, Warcry, not to hijack but what kind of Dr. are you? Your name came up the other day when Endelt got yet another injury. I guessed radiologist.

Brock
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
If any NFL RB goes too high vs. his actual production, it is usually Edgerrin James.

Shag
07-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Even given the injury risk, I'd take Holmes over James or McAllister any day. James doesn't score - it's the Manning show in Indy. McAllister has been average the past couple seasons (as well as injured), and the Aints are terrible. I wouldn't think twice taking Holmes before either of those backs...

WarCry!
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey, Warcry, not to hijack but what kind of Dr. are you? Your name came up the other day when Endelt got yet another injury. I guessed radiologist.

You guessed right....

NJ Chief Fan
07-08-2005, 11:09 AM
i would really like for priest and lj to split the carries this season...switch up the pace on the defenses give them numerous looks and i really want to see what saunders is gonna do with both of them in the backfield...we need priest to be healthy being our only speedy back...but for some reason i saw lj break more big runs then ive seen priest do so i dont know but we need the mix it up with them two a good amount like 15 carries apiece in a game

Gravedigger
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Priest has been the most prolific back in football for the past two or three years. This year if Dick Vermeil says he's ready to go thats all I need! And also isnt it kind of strange that Dick Vermeil only cries when we win and never when we lose? START CRYIN DICK!

whtgldwldr
07-08-2005, 11:15 AM
...but for some reason i saw lj break more big runs then ive seen priest do...

Cuz Lj is faster. Priest is quicker, but with a lane...oooooh boy Lj will out foot-race priest any day.

Thig Lyfe
07-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Bastards... damn dirty bastards!

He may get injured... but when he's not he's easily the most productive back out there. I'm willing to risk it.

And I think it's easy to say that Priest Holmes is more valuable injured than, say, Mo Clarett is completely healthy.

WarCry!
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
It's not that they say Priest shouldn't be a top 5 pick - which is ok, and I somewhat agree with. It's the fact that they throw him in there in an article about guys they wouldn't touch fantasy wise. I mean, come on, really - does Priest not being a top 5 fantasy player belong in the same breath as a Maurice Clarett being a "don't touch" player? Whatever.....

And frankly, even though I play fantasy football for fun, I would rather see the Chiefs win, REGARDLESS of who scores the TD's.....

Bob Dole
07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Not being a FF sort of guy, this may be a stupid question, but...

It appears that there are multiple rounds in a draft and you've got guys sitting on the bench every week anyway. If Holmes is the expected starter with Johnson as a backup, it's would seem a pretty safe assumption that Johnson isn't going to go in the first 6 or 7 rounds.

If you took Holmes in the first and Johnson in a later round, wouldn't you have more overall production than you would taking someone like James in the first and some scrub WR with your late pick? As long as KC doesn't use some sort of platoon system, you might take a hit the week of the injury, but your reserve (Johnson) would be immediately productive the following week(s).

Bob Dole would be more concerned with Holmes and Johnson sharing carries every week than any injury impact...

KCTitus
07-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Not being a FF sort of guy, this may be a stupid question, but...

It appears that there are multiple rounds in a draft and you've got guys sitting on the bench every week anyway. If Holmes is the expected starter with Johnson as a backup, it's would seem a pretty safe assumption that Johnson isn't going to go in the first 6 or 7 rounds.

Depends on how competitive the league is or how many teams you hae in the league. I'd say he might go as high as round 4 or 5 especially after last year. But you are right, when you have a player like that it's allways good to get his 'backup' just in case. The only issue there is you cannot do that with every position and your 'bench' players are typically backups for the weeks that your primariy starters are on the bye.

Typically, you only have 3-4 bench spots so you have to use them carefully.

Logical
07-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Hell, if you're approaching it purely from a fantasy perspective Holmes DOES go to high. You wouldn't pick anyone that didn't finish the last several seasons in the top 10 except that people make a huge reach for a guy with the TD record. Smart ff players draft solid guys in the first, guys that will put up good points but will also be on the field every week. Holmes' recent history doesn't bear that out.:shake::shake::shake:Sorry but even missing 8 games last year Priest was a fantasy stud with 15 touchdowns he was 5th in the NFL his 1000+ total yards in those 8 games. He won the first 8 games for the team that finished 2nd (losing in championship game) pretty much single handedly. Now you tack on 27 last year with over 2100 total yards, 24 TDs and almost 2300 yards in his other injury shortened season. amd 2100+ total yards his first seaon when he did not start his first three game, I have little doubt he will still be a first rounder this year probably early first round.

raypec85
07-10-2005, 07:37 AM
i would really like for priest and lj to split the carries this season...switch up the pace on the defenses give them numerous looks and i really want to see what saunders is gonna do with both of them in the backfield...we need priest to be healthy being our only speedy back...but for some reason i saw lj break more big runs then ive seen priest do so i dont know but we need the mix it up with them two a good amount like 15 carries apiece in a game

I disagree. What makes both backs productive is getting into the flow of the game by being the primary ball carrier with 20 - 30 carries. In my opinion the best thing to do is let Priest be that guy and LJ can spot carry here and there and be there in the case of injury to Holmes. If you split the carries evenly between them I fear neither of them would get into the flow and be as productive.