PDA

View Full Version : So- will Floyd REALLY reunite?

ZepSinger
07-08-2005, 08:09 AM
After Pink Floyd's Live 8 set in which they all seemed to get along, do you guys think the band will cut a new album and then tour to support it? I think yeah. What say ye, Planeteers?

Z

chagrin
07-08-2005, 08:14 AM
No, Roger only did that because he is a true believer in those sort of events, plus he finally likes to tour again. He still hates gravy train Gilmour

alpha_omega
07-08-2005, 08:17 AM
I could only answer one way...

Hopeful, but doubtful.

HC_Chief
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Doubt it.

How'd you like MTV butting-in during the solo in Comfortably Numb? :grr: Fuqtards. God MTV sucks shit.

chagrin
07-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I was sooo pissed

alpha_omega
07-08-2005, 08:30 AM
with thanks to jAZ...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118968

Rukdafaidas
07-08-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www.therockradio.com/2005/07/pink-floyd-offered-150m-for-us-tour.html

Thursday, July 07, 2005
Pink Floyd offered $150m for US tour
Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason and singer-guitarist David Gilmour have differing opinions on whether the band will work together again. The British newspaper The Sun quoted Gilmour as claiming there won't be any more Pink Floyd shows, no matter how much money gets thrown at them. Gilmour said, "We've been offered $150 million to do gigs in the States. It's completely mad - and we won't do it. The idea was for Live 8 as a one-off."

Mason told the Israeli news service ynetnews.com that Floyd would back a show dedicated to Middle East peace, and he said, "If a concert like that was organized, I would be there tomorrow morning." While there are no plans for any sort of Pink Floyd work again, Mason did say, "If you would have asked me 20 years ago whether we'd ever reunite in the future, I would tell you with certainty 'No,' and today I'm not saying that."

While Mason is willing to go to Israel, some people there might not be too happy to have singer-bassist Roger Waters around. Ynetnews.com noted that last summer, Waters sided with a pro-Palestinian group that wants to remove the security barrier between the Palestinian territories and Israel.

Simplex3
07-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Q: If a tree fell over in the woods and crushed an ancient band reuniting would I give a f**k?

A: No.

Brock
07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Why? It would just be a money grab, like KISS.

Rukdafaidas
07-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Pink Floyd is the only "ancient" band I care to see. Actually, they're the only band I care to see period.
I take that back, I woud pay to see Rush again.

HC_Chief
07-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Floyd w/ Waters, hell yes - I'd pay $100 or more per ticket to see. Especially if they performed nothing but songs from The Wall & earlier releases (Dark Side, Animals, etc). Floyd, sans Waters, no interest.

Rush is the same for me... I love their older stuff, but after Moving Pictures, I lose interest.

Rukdafaidas
07-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Floyd w/ Waters, hell yes - I'd pay $100 or more per ticket to see. Especially if they performed nothing but songs from The Wall & earlier releases (Dark Side, Animals, etc). Floyd, sans Waters, no interest.

Rush is the same for me... I love their older stuff, but after Moving Pictures, I lose interest.
I really like both the old and newer Pink Floyd material. I agree on the Rush comment, though. Rush has a few good newer songs, but nothing compared to old Rush.

Miles
07-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Id think it would be pretty unlikely but I also didn't think they were actually going to the Live 8 thing. Roger looked like he was enjoying himself during their set so at least thats a start.