PDA

View Full Version : Laundry room etiquette.

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
My wife and I live in a house that has a basement apartment, which we rent out. Our current tenant is a young woman in her 20s. (And no, I can't share any pictures without revealing the location of the hidden cameras.)

As part of her tenancy, she gets to use our laundry room, which surprisingly enough contains a washer and a dryer. Occasionally, like today for example, I go down to do the laundry and discover some of her clothes in the washer and/or dryer.

If the machines are running, then obviously I just put my laundry down and wait. My dilemna is what to do if the machines are finished. Sometimes she (like me) will start her laundry and then leave for a while. What do I do? (See poll above.) As an important note, her laundry often includes "unmentionables."

And by the way, stealing her underwear is out of the question, because I'd be the only suspect.

Pants
07-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Option 1 is what I would do. I'd hate for people to mess with my clothing so I wouldn't do it either.

Bowser
I used to live in an apartment that would share the laundry room with your neighbor. Sometimes I would leave or just forget my laundry was going, and walk in to find it had been rotated and folded neatly on the dryer. I had an older lady as my neighbor, and could never tell if she was mad about it, or just thought she was being helpful.

In your case, it probablly wouldn't be advisable to fold her undies into neat little four inch squares. And, you might not be able to steal them, but how about you take a picture of the undies, post them here, and charge a buck a view, ala Sixteen Candles?

Skip Towne
At a coin laundry those vicious women will take your stuff out of the machine if it's done.

Katipan
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
since it's way less creepy for hot young chick to pull old married couple's laundry out than the other way around... you figure out when she's going to do laundry, leave your stuff in the washer for a day or two and see what she does with it.

whatever she does, you do. that includes wearing your drawers on your head.

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Uh-oh. The current voting results prohibit me from touching her underwear.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
One time, and one time only, you finish her laundry for her. Fold it neatly and leave nice note atop it reminding her that leaving your washer and dryer full of clothes while she is no where to been found is unacceptable.

And yes, you'll have to touch her unmentionables, unless you plan on wearing rubber gloves or something.

alanm
07-10-2005, 02:08 PM
If you were any sort of gentleman Kevin, you'd be doing her laundry for her. You never know when that sort of thing can pay huge dividends. :p ROFL

Demonpenz
07-10-2005, 02:11 PM
it's probably not the P.C. thing to do but i would probably sniff the undies and jerk off, but hey i would put them back

leviw
07-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Scatter them across the back yard except for one pair of underwear. Give those to your wife as a Christmas/Birthday gift. Kinda kinky in a round-about way. Maybe?

CosmicPal
07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Geez.

Why put yourself through all the trouble, Kevin? This is the kind of stuff that will get you in trouble with the wifey.

Do the smart thing, and have her come over to my place- I've got a washer and dryer in the basement and a refreshing bottle of Canadian Club. I'll help her with the delicates and give her a permanent press cycle.

Frazod
07-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Personally, I'd give her a few minutes to move the clothes, then knock on her door and tell her to move them. If she doesn't comply quickly, take them out of whatever machine they're in and start your own load. Her rights to use the machines shouldn't include holding up your life.

And when she moves out, I would rework the lease so that the next tenant doesn't have laundry room rights. Sounds like a pain in the ass you'd be better off not having to deal with.

AirForceChief
07-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Good Lord, I'm very disappointed...this should'nt even be a topic...quite pitifull. Cripes, when someone's laudry is done you just move on down the line...especially when you're already paying for it. Burn up the nice unmentionables: "So Sorry."

Phobia
07-10-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm a little disappointed in the poll options. I would shed all my clothing and run around naked.... in her apartment. I think that sends a message - lima charley.

Bwana
07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Hmmm? Wait until she shows up, tell her she has been a very bad girl, give her a spanking and service her. When you are done, tell her "let that be a lesson to you young lady!" :)

luv
07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
If I were that girl, and came back to find someone had touched my laundry (even if it was moving it to the next cycle in doing laundry), I would be a little irked. Not mad, just irked. I wouldn't handle someone else's laundry, mostly due to being afraid of what I'd find, so I tend to expect people to be the same with me. I would set your stuff down and wait. If I came back and saw your stuff sitting there, I would try to hurry and get what I had in there done. If I had more laundry to do, I would wait until you were done. It is, after all, your washer and dryer.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 04:44 PM
If I were that girl, and came back to find someone had touched my laundry (even if it was moving it to the next cycle in doing laundry), I would be a little irked. Not mad, just irked. I wouldn't handle someone else's laundry, mostly due to being afraid of what I'd find, so I tend to expect people to be the same with me. I would set your stuff down and wait. If I came back and saw your stuff sitting there, I would try to hurry and get what I had in there done. If I had more laundry to do, I would wait until you were done. It is, after all, your washer and dryer.
What if you put your things in the laundry at, say, 8 am, grabbed a shower, then one of your girl friends called with some super neat-o plans that included you, and you ran off to meet her and were gone all day long and forgot all about the laundry?

Is that fair to Kevin? Shouldn't he be a bit irked too? After all, it is HIS HOUSE and HIS washer/dryer combo.

Skip Towne
07-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I need more info. Is she a repeat offender? Is she doable?

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I need more info. Is she a repeat offender? Is she doable?

1. Yes, but never too bad.

2. You mean by you or by the general public?

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Ouchies! ROFL

luv
07-10-2005, 04:50 PM
What if you put your things in the laundry at, say, 8 am, grabbed a shower, then one of your girl friends called with some super neat-o plans that included you, and you ran off to meet her and were gone all day long and forgot all about the laundry?

Is that fair to Kevin? Shouldn't he be a bit irked too? After all, it is HIS HOUSE and HIS washer/dryer combo.
I would have more respect for the people I was renting from than that. I would probably check with them to see if I could leave it, or if they would need it soon. If they were not there for me to check with, then I would tell my friend I could meet her in an hour or so. That would be enough time for the load in the washer to get dryied and folded before leaving.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
I would have more respect for the people I was renting from than that. I would probably check with them to see if I could leave it, or if they would need it soon. If they were not there for me to check with, then I would tell my friend I could meet her in an hour or so. That would be enough time for the load in the washer to get dryied and folded before leaving.
You are missing the point.

(a) we aren't REALLY talking about you or what you would do, and,
(b) she DID leave the house AND she left the clothes in the washer/dryer combo.

So I ask again. Is that fair to Kevin? Isn't he allowed to be irked too? By his own admission, she IS a repeat offender.

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
I should mention too that my tenant is quite considerate, and we all get along great. I leave my laundry unattended about as often as she leaves hers unattended. I don't recall what she does with mine, though...I think she leaves it alone if there's washer and dryer stuff, and she'll take it out and put it in a pile if it's just dryer stuff.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I should mention too that my tenant is quite considerate, and we all get along great. I leave my laundry unattended about as often as she leaves hers unattended. I don't recall what she does with mine, though...I think she leaves it alone if there's washer and dryer stuff, and she'll take it out and put it in a pile if it's just dryer stuff.
Look, if you're going to make this woman out to be some sort of laundry saint, then why post the damn poll!?
:cuss:

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Look, if you're going to make this woman out to be some sort of laundry saint, then why post the damn poll!?
:cuss:

Sorry. I just like her because she doesn't complain when I touch her underwear.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Sorry. I just like her because she doesn't complain when I touch her underwear.
I could have sworm you said something about NOT touching her underwear earlier in this thread! :banghead:

Skip Towne
07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
1. Yes, but never too bad.

She's a beast, isn't she?

Rain Man
07-10-2005, 05:14 PM
She's a beast, isn't she?

I am not allowed to comment. All I can say is that her underwear is not large, and she has dates. You can read between the lines.

luv
07-10-2005, 05:34 PM
You are missing the point.

(a) we aren't REALLY talking about you or what you would do, and,
(b) she DID leave the house AND she left the clothes in the washer/dryer combo.

So I ask again. Is that fair to Kevin? Isn't he allowed to be irked too? By his own admission, she IS a repeat offender.
Guess I misread the original post or something. I'm also just used to putting myself in others shoes. Do unto others...

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Guess I misread the original post or something. I'm also just used to putting myself in others shoes. Do unto others...
And that's a damn fine rule to live by ... unless you have some sort of weird fetish, like poking people in the eye or something. ;)

DanT
07-10-2005, 05:44 PM
You should put a laundry basket down there by the two machines and put a sign on it that says, "If you don't want me to move your clothes after they are done (and you friggin' forget them, once again, you friggin' blankety-blank), put this basket up...side down" ;)

luv
07-10-2005, 05:46 PM
And that's a damn fine rule to live by ... unless you have some sort of weird fetish, like poking people in the eye or something. ;)
:Poke:

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 05:46 PM
OUCHIES! :cuss:

luv
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, I'm off to go make spaghetti. Have fun.

4th and Long
07-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Well, I'm off to go make spaghetti. Have fun.

OOWWWWWUUUUH!!!!!!! :cuss:

Come back here so I can poke you again! :cuss:

OK ... that just sounded wrong ...

Iowanian
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Have your wife switch out her boulder-holders and all should be fine.

Whats she do when she finds your 1979 whitie-tighties in there?

Bowser
07-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Ahh, yes. Of 131 votes, there are 107 perverts lurking about.

Actually, I'm shocked that number isn't higher.

milkman
07-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure why you have this problem.

You are married, right?

Laundry is one of the reasons God invented wives.
I stopped doing laundry 17 years ago, when I got married.

If you believe that, I also have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale!

ClevelandChief
07-10-2005, 08:23 PM
wrap the thongs around your cock and beat off into the machine containing her clothes.

PastorMikH
07-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure why you have this problem.

You are married, right?

Laundry is one of the reasons God invented wives.
I stopped doing laundry 17 years ago, when I got married.

Sidewinder does pose an interesting question here. Why would Rainman be doing the laundry in the first place?

:hmmm::hmmm:

pink
07-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Have your wife switch out her boulder-holders and all should be fine.

i agree. then just either tell her your wife took them out of the dryer or leave a note that she did. if i were the tenant i'd be fine with another woman taking my clothes out of the dryer, especially if it weren't my dryer. and i'd also get the message that i need to better remember not to leave them. if you leave her clothes in the dryer and just wait, you are sending her the message that it's no big deal, when obviously it is somewhat of one.

sorry, maybe you didn't want a serious answer? ;)

Saul Good
07-10-2005, 10:16 PM
If she were that worried about the possibility of you touching her clothes, she would either remove her laundry immediately or not use your machines in the first place. You could do something really wierd like asking her instead of posting a poll on a Chiefs Website, but that wouldn't be much fun.

go bo
07-10-2005, 10:33 PM
If she were that worried about the possibility of you touching her clothes, she would either remove her laundry immediately or not use your machines in the first place. You could do something really wierd like asking her instead of posting a poll on a Chiefs Website, but that wouldn't be much fun.ever hear "the medium is the message"? :shrug:

that's the way it is with stickman's polls... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

then there's the whole pole thing... :p :p :p

Skip Towne
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Just post signs on the machines that say "Unattended clothing will be towed away"