PDA

View Full Version : Well, I’ve had better days.

R&GHomer
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Filed for divorce and bankruptcy on the same f**king day. So far the divorce is uncontested 50 / 50 straight down the line and well, I just couldn’t think of anything else too do but claim bankruptcy. I was unemployed for 6 months, getting sued by the credit card company and the company that financed my Van.

The credit card company was willing to work something out, but the auto financer basically told me to take a flying leap. They said; sure you can start making payments now that you’re employed, but we are still going to sue ya. Now, understand they have already taken the van and sold it for far below what I still owed on it. I tried working with a couple of the credit places and they won’t even try to work with the auto stuff.

My lawyer basically said that you can split all the bills in the divorce, but if they can’t get the money from her, they are going to come looking for you. So the future ex and I said **** it and filed. I sure hope I did the right thing.

Has anyone been forced into something similar? If so, do you have any advice on the best way to rebuild my credit and what kind of hassles I’m going to run into?

Thanks….

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Filed for divorce and bankruptcy on the same f**king day. So far the divorce is uncontested 50 / 50 straight down the line and well, I just couldn’t think of anything else too do but claim bankruptcy. I was unemployed for 6 months, getting sued by the credit card company and the company that financed my Van.

The credit card company was willing to work something out, but the auto financer basically told me to take a flying leap. They said; sure you can start making payments now that you’re employed, but we are still going to sue ya. Now, understand they have already taken the van and sold it for far below what I still owed on it. I tried working with a couple of the credit places and they won’t even try to work with the auto stuff.

My lawyer basically said that you can split all the bills in the divorce, but if they can’t get the money from her, they are going to come looking for you. So the future ex and I said **** it and filed. I sure hope I did the right thing.

Has anyone been forced into something similar? If so, do you have any advice on the best way to rebuild my credit and what kind of hassles I’m going to run into?

Thanks….Divorce, unless you are rich and have a pre nup, almost always leads to a bankruptcy. Since a lot of the marital strife stemmed from the money troubles in the first place, it is a good bet most divorced couples are upside down on their balance sheets.

You did the right thing, at least your ex is bankrupt as well.

KChiefsQT
07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
my mom filed for bankruptcy a few years back after her and my dad divorced. You just have to build up credit all over again. But...you'll get through it. You did the right thing. I wish you the best of luck on this rough day!! Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
07-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I made it through a divorce without bankrupting. But it certainly put a dent in my finances.

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I made it through a divorce without bankrupting. But it certainly put a dent in my finances.How was the weather there in Ak today? Any high winds or big downpours?

Mr. Kotter
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
You did the right thing, at least your ex is bankrupt as well.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I knew I liked you, heh. ROFL

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
First, sounds rough but you'll get past it and be better for it.

Second, is there anyone near him to make sure there aren't any bowls of antifreeze left out?

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I knew a guy in a similiar situation. She ended up marrying the divorce attorney

brorth
07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
How was the weather there in Ak today? Any high winds or big downpours?
Skip's in Alaska now? Wow, be careful. Hidh winds and big downpours make for a lot of ice...

Mr. Kotter
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Thanks….

Sorry about these unfortunate events. Life is difficult, often. Keep your chin up, and keep pushin....and doin' what you think is right.

Creditors who act as your auto financier drive people to desperate actions. I realize they have stock holders to keep happy, but the bottom-line is when you treat conscientious customers (you sound as if you tried to work with them) without leniency or compassion, they put customers in a difficult spot. No wonder many customers then say, "fugg it; I'll just declare bankruptcy"--at that point, many of us would. In the end, such creditors are worse off for their flippant and arrogant tactics.

Credit can be rebuilt; these things happen a lot these days. Many have moved on, so will you. Be tough; hang in there...although I know that is easier said than done.

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
I knew a guy in a similiar situation. She ended up marrying the divorce attorneyI bet single Divorce attorneys get more revenge lays than they can count.

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
I bet single Divorce attorneys get more revenge lays than they can count.

ya, I'm in the wrong business

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Skip's in Alaska now? Wow, be careful. Hidh winds and big downpours make for a lot of ice...Fug, did I get the postal abrieviation wrong for Arkiesaw? Shows you how many letters I have sent there, doesn't it?

go bo
07-11-2005, 04:22 PM
skip's in okiesaw nowadays...

R&GHomer
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm sure everything is going to be alright, but I really hated to file bankruptcy. I just feel like a bum! But hell, it wasn't like they gave me many options.

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2005, 04:31 PM
ya man! sorry to hear about that...sucks

note to self...never get married or have kids!

tommykat
07-11-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm sure everything is going to be alright, but I really hated to file bankruptcy. I just feel like a bum! But hell, it wasn't like they gave me many options.

My best friends husband now had to do the samething during his divorce...However he had a hellion wife......so he opted out of all the things they owned as he would never have been able to pay them even with his good job. I've know many that have done just as you, around 7 yrs. and all is clean, but you will have good credit at places faster. Hang tuff...;) Sorry you had that kind of a day.........

Skip Towne
07-11-2005, 04:48 PM
How was the weather there in Ak today? Any high winds or big downpours?
I don't know Clarence, I don't live in Alaska.

Phobia
07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I guess now is a bad time to ask for a generous donation?

Congratulations on your divorce. Holler at us if you want to vent. ChiefsPlanet helped me through one divorce and now it appears as though my wife is gonna run off with JennyGump so I sure am glad y'all are here for me.

4th and Long
07-11-2005, 04:52 PM

Congratulations on your divorce. Holler at us if you want to vent. ChiefsPlanet helped me through one divorce and now it appears as though my wife is gonna run off with JennyGump so I sure am glad y'all are here for me.
To hell with YOU! We're more interested in the pics they are going to take of themselves on the nude beach in Mexico.

tommykat
07-11-2005, 04:52 PM

Heehee.........you ran off with Endelt.....sheesh Pink should have run away then...:D

Phobia
07-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Heehee.........you ran off with Endelt.....sheesh Pink should have run away then...:D

I know I'm built like a linebacker, but I think I'm a little light for him.

Phobia
07-11-2005, 04:55 PM
To hell with YOU! We're more interested in the pics they are going to take of themselves on the nude beach in Mexico.

Yeah because all the other pictures of JG look great.

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't know Clarence, I don't live in Alaska.I guess I am just a simple dumb ass. I might was well admit it to myself. The sooner I do, the sooner I can get help.

4th and Long
07-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah because all the other pictures of JG look great.
I hate when you have a valid point. Bastard.

wolfpack0735
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
just found out i had two bad spots on my credit report. both from my ex-b@tch on a medical bill from my son. she had to pay what my insurance didnt,according to my devorce papers. she gave them my name. they couldnt find her so they came to me,4 years later. had to pay it so i could get a loan to finish my other sons college education. the daughter of satan just laughted.this is what you get for thinking with the wrong head. :banghead:

R&GHomer
07-11-2005, 05:21 PM
just found out i had two bad spots on my credit report. both from my ex-b@tch on a medical bill from my son. she had to pay what my insurance didnt,according to my devorce papers. she gave them my name. they couldnt find her so they came to me,4 years later. had to pay it so i could get a loan to finish my other sons college education. the daughter of satan just laughted.this is what you get for thinking with the wrong head. :banghead:

I hear ya, it's that kind of shit that has me worried. My future ex thinks I’m being paranoid by making sure everything is in writing, but I call it “CYA” cover your own ass. I have no way of knowing what kind of shit she may pull in the future, so it’s best to limit her options now.. As best I can of course.

Calcountry
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I hear ya, it's that kind of shit that has me worried. My future ex thinks I’m being paranoid by making sure everything is in writing, but I call it “CYA” cover your own ass. I have no way of knowing what kind of shit she may pull in the future, so it’s best to limit her options now.. As best I can of course.Let your attorney do all of the talking to your ex.

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 06:47 PM
That's a bummer, R&G. I guess the good news is that it can only get better from here.

pink
07-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Holler at us if you want to vent. ChiefsPlanet helped me through one divorce and now it appears as though my wife is gonna run off with JennyGump so I sure am glad y'all are here for me.
i didn't hear your offer to take me on vacation.

keg in kc
07-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't have any advice for you man, but you'll be fine. Getting out from under a bad marriage can and will make all the difference in the world. You may well look back at this day later on as the beginning of something good.

Jenny Gump
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok...you had a sh*t sandwich kind of day. Look on the bright side, you get to start over. Hang in there baby.