PDA

View Full Version : 20 million dollars and a "Stop Doing" list.

|Zach|
07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
The 20/10 question asks what you would do if you received $20 million -- no strings attached -- but was also informed that you had only 10 years left to live. What would change? What would you do? And what would you stop doing?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/14103341/102-9011681-8199345

Hammock Parties
07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Invent a machine to slow down time by a factor of 10.

I'd stop living in Texas. This state sucks ass.

|Zach|
07-11-2005, 05:35 PM
You think 20 mil would get you a machine that can slow down time?

Ya.

Hammock Parties
07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
You think 20 mil would get you a machine that can slow down time?

Ya.

That's too expensive. I'm not made of money.

Pants
07-11-2005, 05:38 PM

ROFL

el borracho
07-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Travel the world; stop working.

jAZ
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Aren't you in college?

Why didn't you go to school out of state? Anywhere is better than there. Hell, even Louisana, New Mexico and Okahoma are better than Texas!

jAZ
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
More than Travel the world... I would want to "live the world".

I'd want to actually live for at least a few months in each place. Long enough to get comfortable and hang out... get to know a few people in the area... learn a little language.

Traveling the world is great, but exhausting when you are actually just traveling (different hotels in each city, packing & unpacking, etc.)

Stinger
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Buy a house in Kansas ... that would the longest 10 years of my life. :D

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 05:59 PM
The 20/10 question asks what you would do if you received $20 million -- no strings attached -- but was also informed that you had only 10 years left to live. What would change? What would you do? And what would you stop doing?
Do I have EXACTLY 10 year or no more than 10 years? If it's no more than then I stop working that day and spend my days exercising, meditating, and spending time with my family.

If it's exactly 10 years then I will spend the first 5 years and $5M buildinig a business up so that my wife and kids can live off of the profits for the rest of their lives. Then the last 5 years I do the exercise, meditate, family thing.

HemiEd
07-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Move on the water very near a golf course, play golf and water games everyday. :drool:

|Zach|
07-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Do I have EXACTLY 10 year or no more than 10 years? If it's no more than then I stop working that day and spend my days exercising, meditating, and spending time with my family.

If it's exactly 10 years then I will spend the first 5 years and $5M buildinig a business up so that my wife and kids can live off of the profits for the rest of their lives. Then the last 5 years I do the exercise, meditate, family thing.
I read it as 10 years on the dot.

Rain Man
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM

I think he got it exactly right.

Mr. Laz
07-11-2005, 07:49 PM
use the 10 yrs and $20 million to invest/prepare to make sure the my family was taken care of for generations.

nothing else matters

i'd make that trade in a heartbeat

Hammock Parties
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Aren't you in college?

Why didn't you go to school out of state? Anywhere is better than there. Hell, even Louisana, New Mexico and Okahoma are better than Texas!

I was, for a time.

I was extremely stupid in high school. I made excellent grades but didn't do shit in the way of preparing for college. I applied for zero colleges while I was in high school. :banghead:

Anyway, I went to a community college for a few semesters before transferring to UTA. I really should have looked into out-of-state colleges, but my foolish ambitions were centered around journalism and UTA had one of the top 5 college newspapers in the country, so I went there. :banghead:

I'd like a do over, please.

Frazod
07-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, I sure as hell wouldn't stop smoking. What would be the point? :D

HemiEd
07-11-2005, 08:30 PM
use the 10 yrs and $20 million to invest/prepare to make sure the my family was taken care of for generations.

nothing else matters

I thought you would help the Chiefs sign Ty Law, I am dissapointed.

Simplex3
07-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I wish your mother could get a do-over.

unlurking
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: What about you, what would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, sit on my ass all day, I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do shit.

Pants
07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I was, for a time.

I was extremely stupid in high school. I made excellent grades but didn't do shit in the way of preparing for college. I applied for zero colleges while I was in high school. :banghead:

Anyway, I went to a community college for a few semesters before transferring to UTA. I really should have looked into out-of-state colleges, but my foolish ambitions were centered around journalism and UTA had one of the top 5 college newspapers in the country, so I went there. :banghead:

WTF? Should have went to Mizzou.

Hammock Parties
07-12-2005, 12:42 AM
WTF? Should have went to Mizzou.

Probably. I even like their football team. Brad Smith, bitches.

Pants
07-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Probably. I even like their football team. Brad Smith, bitches.

Hahaha, pwnd by KU at home.

KChiefsQT
07-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I was, for a time.

Ditto... funny how I oculd have been such a dumbshit in highschool to not prepare for college. I wish my parents would have kicked me int he ass!!!!!

By the way, what part of TEXAS are u from?

Hammock Parties
07-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Ditto... funny how I oculd have been such a dumbshit in highschool to not prepare for college. I wish my parents would have kicked me int he ass!!!!!

You and me both bra.

I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Moved to DFW area when I was 11.

Miles
07-12-2005, 12:59 AM
You and me both bro.

What do you hate about TX so much? Other than the heat I really enjoy it here.

Hammock Parties
07-12-2005, 01:01 AM
What do you hate about TX so much? Other than the heat I really enjoy it here.

The heat, mostly. And Texans just rub me the wrong way. I don't consider myself a Texan.

Pants
07-12-2005, 01:02 AM
You and me both bro.

Hmm, kcchiefsqt (cutie) with a girl in the avatar. Probably not a "bro".

Hammock Parties
07-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Hmm, kcchiefsqt (cutie) with a girl in the avatar. Probably not a "bro".

Edited.

Simplex3
07-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I can tell you from experience that as you age you'll figure out that your parents WERE kicking you in the ass.

Rausch
07-12-2005, 02:03 AM
If I woke up with 20 mil tommorow I promise you I'd be dead way before 10 years...

StcChief
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
If I woke up with 20 mil tommorow I promise you I'd be dead way before 10 years...

Highly likely too.

tyton75
07-12-2005, 08:58 AM

nothing else matters

unfair question to ask someone who is already ANCIENT!!!

j/k :)

Mr. Laz
07-12-2005, 11:37 AM
unfair question to ask someone who is already ANCIENT!!!

j/k :)

don't make me kick your @ss youngster!! :cuss:

:)