PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Mods

penchief
07-11-2005, 08:09 PM
I have to confess that when the idea of a separate board for political discussion was put forth, I was against it. I opposed it because I thought that it would limit the level of intelligent discussion put forth simply based on the number of those who would contribute to an entirely new board.

I was wrong. The level of debate on the D.C. planet is as sophisticated and diverse as it previously was. While at the same time, those who wish to avoid politics are able to do so.

I wish to commend the moderators who had to wrestle with that dilemna. It was undoubtedly a tough review but they made the correct decision, IMO.

Logical
07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Have you not heard, your enjoyment has occured because lately I have become a scary liberal tool. Don't believe me ask Michael Michigan and Patteau.ROFL

Phobia
07-11-2005, 08:16 PM
It really was a community decision. I'll take kudos for making it a sub-forum of the lounge. I believe that has been critical.

Saulbadguy
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
I love it because if I express my opinions on one thread in DC, it won't get held against me on a football thread on the main board. I think that happened more often than not when there was only one forum.

penchief
07-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Have you not heard, your enjoyment has occured because lately I have become a scary liberal tool. Don't believe me ask Michael Michigan and Patteau.ROFL

You have become a source of inspiration to me. To know that one of my former arch-rivals has become an honest broker for objectivity only inspires me to be equally as honest and objective.

patteeu
07-11-2005, 08:56 PM

When Penchief calls you an honest broker for objectivity, that ought to tell you something, Vlib. :)

the idea of a separate board for political discussion

And "the idea of a separate board for political discussion" still sucks.

A separate board for faux bisexual women who are trolling for sexually frustrated computer nerds might be nice though. j/k :p

DJay23
07-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with the sentiment. I found myself going elsewhere for my info. I got sick of the politicos going nuts at each other, and not seeing more than 3 football threads in the middle of the season on the front page.

Now, I am free of all of the BS threads that try to insult someone's intelligence.

Thanks! :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
07-11-2005, 11:33 PM
You have become a source of inspiration to me. To know that one of my former arch-rivals has become an honest broker for objectivity only inspires me to be equally as honest and objective.Log calls 'em like he sees em. Of course, to some, either you're with 'em, er yur against 'em; objectivity is seen as a viable threat.

Logical
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
When Penchief calls you an honest broker for objectivity, that ought to tell you something, Vlib. :)

A separate board for faux bisexual women who are trolling for sexually frustrated computer nerds might be nice though. j/k :p

LOL Vlib. nice

Mr. Laz
07-11-2005, 11:58 PM
that's just because your a republican bastige who wants to shove your theocracy down everyone else's throat.

the idea that with separate forums your prevented from telling everyone that they are going to hell because they don't think like you must really drive you crazy.

i can see why you don't like it

have a call you a republican bastige yet?

:moon: