PDA

View Full Version : First four games.....

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2005, 06:24 AM
The only thing that worries me with warfield not being around the first four games is Randy Moss. In my opinion what we should do is put Wesley sitting back to do nothing but level moss from the safety position every single time they even think about throwing the ball his way. Wesley can lay a smack with the best of them and he will be fired up this year. He should let it be known from play one that Moss will have a bullseye on his back and will need a wheelchair to finish the season after meeting the Chiefs. What do you guys think?

dilligaf
07-13-2005, 06:29 AM
How about a guy in the upper deck with a sniper rifle! Yeah, that will work! :)

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 06:58 AM
I've always considered Tim Brown to be one of the best WRs in the league. The Chiefs had to cover him for many years. I can't see Moss being any more dangerous than Brown.

Guess that could make a good poll question;

Who would you rather have? Tim Brown in his prime? Or, Randy (take every other play off) Moss?

chief52
07-13-2005, 07:00 AM
The only thing that worries me with warfield not being around the first four games is Randy Moss. In my opinion what we should do is put Wesley sitting back to do nothing but level moss from the safety position every single time they even think about throwing the ball his way. Wesley can lay a smack with the best of them and he will be fired up this year. He should let it be known from play one that Moss will have a bullseye on his back and will need a wheelchair to finish the season after meeting the Chiefs. What do you guys think?

Moss has a bullseye on his back every time he steps on the field. That would be nothing new for him. He will get his catches. Hopefully, they will just not be too costly.

DJay23
07-13-2005, 07:19 AM
I've always considered Tim Brown to be one of the best WRs in the league. The Chiefs had to cover him for many years. I can't see Moss being any more dangerous than Brown.

Guess that could make a good poll question;

Who would you rather have? Tim Brown in his prime? Or, Randy (take every other play off) Moss?
I think the big difference between Moss and Brown is that Brown was a better overall receiver. Brown could run any route, and run it well. Moss basically runs fly patterns and posts and maybe a curl here and there. He does nothing to put his body in harms way. That's why you rarely see him getting tattooed by a safety.

On the other hand Moss is far faster than Brown, and can get away with running away from everyone. It's worked for him so far.

One of my friends (Steelers fan) the other day told me the Chiefs should be worried about the Raiders this year. I told him there's no reason to be for 4 reasons.

1. Their D was gave up only 6 yards less than ours last year. Nuf said.
2. There are no leaders on their team.
3. Lamont Jordan may be a decent back, but who will block for him? Their O-line is trash.
4. Norv Turner SUCKS as a head coach.

Right now the Raiders are by far the most overhyped team in the league.

Scorp
07-13-2005, 07:22 AM
I would Put Surtain on Jerry Porter and TY LAW on Randy Moss. :)

ct
07-13-2005, 08:54 AM

The big flaw with your concerns is Warfield would not have been covering Moss anyway. It's Porter vs. [insert substitue CB here] that will need the most help.

I see Surtain and Knight on a high low 2x team vs. Moss. Surtain is the cover corner, and Knight the ball-hawk SS just waiting for Collins to start lobbing the jump balls for Moss. I see Knight getting 2 INTs Sunday night with exactly this game-plan.

Hammock Parties
07-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Blitz the hell out of Collins. Don't let Moss have enough time to get deep.

HC_Chief
07-13-2005, 08:57 AM

Yep.
Moss can't do any harm if the qb is crumpled up at the bottom of a defensive dogpile.

Coach
07-13-2005, 08:58 AM

Yup. Collins can't run worth a shit, so like you mentioned, Gunther does need to blitz the hell out of them, not only that the Raiders can't do any decent pass-protection, I don't think their run-blocking is any good either, unless they get away with alot of blatant holding, which was the case several times last year.

StcChief
07-13-2005, 09:00 AM

Yep. Collins isn't the most mobile or deep armed QB out there.

Don't let Moss get the ball, blitz, pressure.

Let Sapp cover him, he has looked very good when on the field.

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't think their run-blocking is any good either, unless they get away with alot of blatant holding, which was the case several times last year.
I was under the impression that the Raiders offensive line was one of their strongest positions? They did draft Gallary last year. All the rags indicate he's a monster and will be playing right tackle.

HC_Chief
07-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I was under the impression that the Raiders offensive line was one of their strongest positions? They did draft Gallary last year. All the rags indicate he's a monster and will be playing right tackle.

Gallery may be a player, but he was injured and ineffective last season. The faid OL is young... that's why a lot of rags have been saying they're good. FYI young != good; young = young.

The key to keeping collins from getting killed will be Lamont Jordan. If he can pick up blitzers, they'll keep Collins for the season. If not, he's toast. Especially since the faid likes to concentrate on deep passing (read: long-developing plays).

Coach
07-13-2005, 09:09 AM

You mean tackling Jared Allen? We never get holding called on our opponents on pass plays, let alone, on run plays. I guess I don't understand how they can call holding penalty on us, but we never get held? Doens't matter who we play, we never get any holding penalties. It's f**king retarded.

DeepSouth
07-13-2005, 09:15 AM
The key to keeping collins from getting killed will be Lamont Jordan. If he can pick up blitzers, they'll keep Collins for the season. If not, he's toast. Especially since the faid likes to concentrate on deep passing (read: long-developing plays).
I agree with that. Plus, if they can't run the ball, Gunther will cut loose on Collins.

Hammock Parties
07-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Honesty I'm not worried about the Raiders. They won't stop our offense at all. We'll get a couple stops.

HC_Chief
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Honesty I'm not worried about the Raiders. They won't stop our offense at all. We'll get a couple stops.

I'm the same way. Moss? Who cares? If he doesn't catch a pass within the first two series, he goes into full-on pouting mode.

The one signing I think the Faid made this offseason that can make a real difference is Jordan. He is a solid RB.... we need to negate him by forcing him to protect his QB. If Jimmy Raye (ROFLMAO) and Norv Turner (BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA) are stupid enough to send Jordan out of the backfield, we need to break Collins' freaking spine.

Hammock Parties
07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Honestly, the Raiders games might be CLOSE, but I'll take Trent over Collins in the clutch any day of the week.

Chiefnj
07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Chief fans are underestimating Collins' long ball. He's got a good arm. The Raiders will score points this year.

Coach
07-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Chief fans are underestimating Collins' long ball. He's got a good arm. The Raiders will score points this year.

Not so sure about that, if they still have Jimmy Raye there.

Run
Run
Run
Punt

heh heh.

milkman
07-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Yep. Collins isn't the most mobile or deep armed QB out there.

Don't let Moss get the ball, blitz, pressure.

Let Sapp cover him, he has looked very good when on the field.

I don't think that would work, even if Sapp were the very best cover corner in the league.

Moss is something like 6 inches taller.

Chiefnj
07-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Not so sure about that, if they still have Jimmy Raye there.

Run
Run
Run
Punt

heh heh.

I could be wrong but I think they were a top 10 passing team last year (yards and TD's).

milkman
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM
I could be wrong but I think they were a top 10 passing team last year (yards and TD's).

Jimmy Raye's weakness is his predictability.

Hackett was the guy who seemed to have an aversion to calling pass plays.

Jimmy Raye likes using the pass, but after watching him game, after game, after game, you could predict what his play call would be with almost pinpoint accuracy.

Coach
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM

In total yards, yes. 8th.

I guess that, everytime I hear the word "Raye" is where that come from, the run, run, run, punt.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 09:45 AM

Nice. I like the way you think.

Chiefnj
07-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Jimmy Raye's weakness is his predictability.

Hackett was the guy who seemed to have an aversion to calling pass plays.

Jimmy Raye likes using the pass, but after watching him game, after game, after game, you could predict what his play call would be with almost pinpoint accuracy.

I agree. He gets a bad rep for not scoring but statistically speaking he isn't that bad at getting points on the board. Predictability though is a huge problem, especially with short passes on 3rd and longs.