PDA

View Full Version : How many games you attend....

chiefwidow
07-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Does the excitement of going to a chiefs game lessen after being at one?
Curious if I should feel guilty at getting tickets to a game to take my kids' after my son's wife to be got some for a wedding present.

Rain Man
07-13-2005, 10:57 AM
The best gift you can possibly give is Chiefs tickets. Contrary to those commercials, it's not "spending time with your kids" or "talking to your kids", it's Chiefs tickets. Take them to the game and feel happy that you're able to give them the best gift ever.

Phobia
07-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Regarding the first question; I think it does slightly. There's nothing quite like your first game at Arrowhead. But depending on the excitement of other games I've attended and the end result, I've been as excited - probably.

Regarding the last question.....

Can you draw me a picture, please?

Saulbadguy
07-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't remember my first game at Arrowhead. I was pretty young.

But, it never gets less exciting. Its truly my "happy place". I'd love to be there right now, actually.

ptlyon
07-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Its truly my "happy place". I'd love to be there right now, actually.

We all wish you were too Saul

Saulbadguy
07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
We all wish you were too Saul
:p
Why don't ya go to Heartland Park, ya fargin Hillbilly! :)

ptlyon
07-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Why don't ya go to Heartland Park, ya fargin Hillbilly! :)

Did - why don't you stop by SUX on the way Nort' on Friday and kiss my lilly white @$$?

Dartgod
07-13-2005, 11:17 AM
After 14 seasons and missing only 4 or 5 regular season games, the excitement is still there.

The last two seasons my wife and I have discussed dropping our season tickets because of the spiraling costs, but in the end we renew them because the game-day experience is exciting as ever.

Donger
07-13-2005, 11:20 AM
After 14 seasons and missing only 4 or 5 regular season games, the excitement is still there.

The last two seasons my wife and I have discussed dropping our season tickets because of the spiraling costs, but in the end we renew them because the game-day experience is exciting as ever.

Speaking of season tickets, has anyone done the half season ticket offer?

gblowfish
07-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Does the excitement of going to a chiefs game lessen after being at one?
Curious if I should feel guilty at getting tickets to a game to take my kids' after my son's wife to be got some for a wedding present.Wow, that sentence made my genealogical head spin!

chiefqueen
07-13-2005, 11:53 AM
My biggest dilimma now is do I stay in KC for the SD game & fly Christmas morning or go to mom's on 12/23 so at least I can watch the SD @ a sports bar. (Mom has already "blessed" me flying on Christmas but the earliest now I could get in is 1:00 and I don't know if I want to be alone Christmas Eve.)

I already know I can't attend the world's largest hangover party (New Year's Day game) b/c of a New Year's Eve commitment. (good news with that is its just Cincy, bad news is unloading my tix w/b hard b/c its Cincy)

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Speaking of season tickets, has anyone done the half season ticket offer?

Is the organization offering that....or do you mean, on our own, splitting tickets with another fan?

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2005, 12:34 PM
.... I don't know if I want to be alone Christmas Eve.

Brian (ENDelt) is usually in KC for Christmas; I'm sure he'd offer to keep you company....

Donger
07-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Is the organization offering that....or do you mean, on our own, splitting tickets with another fan?

I just saw it on kcchiefs.com

KChiefsQT
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Not for me. My first game was last year and I'm even more excited about going to KC this year. good times.

teedubya
07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't remember my first game at Arrowhead. I was pretty young.

But, it never gets less exciting. Its truly my "happy place". I'd love to be there right now, actually.

speaking of happy place, back in 1995... I went out to the Stadium one summer afternoon, when no games were going on... went into the underground employee tunnel...

sat behind home plate at Royals Stadium... smoked 1/2 of my joint.

went back through the tunnel into Arrowhead... and smoked the other half of my joint on the fifty yard line area... there were no field markings at the time, but it was in that area.

It was my happy place.

KChiefsQT
07-13-2005, 01:08 PM
speaking of happy place, back in 1995... I went out to the Stadium one summer afternoon, when no games were going on... went into the underground employee tunnel...

sat behind home plate at Royals Stadium... smoked 1/2 of my joint.

went back through the tunnel into Arrowhead... and smoked the other half of my joint on the fifty yard line area... there were no field markings at the time, but it was in that area.

It was my happy place.

Thats sounds fun, hell you should do a ten-year anniversary and go there again soon.

Bearcat
07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't think so.... I still get pumped up everytime I go. The only difference IMO is that it doesn't matter what happens during your first game because at least you're there. Once you go a few times, and then find yourself watching them f*ck it up against the Texans, then you're no longer happy just being there. Overall though, I don't going to every game would diminish the product.

ChiefsOne
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I go to one or two every year and the exitement is always through the roof!

Nzoner
07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
(good news with that is its just Cincy, bad news is unloading my tix w/b hard b/c its Cincy)

Maybe it's just me but I'm looking forward to that game,2 years ago or not,that's still the team that ended the Chiefs unbeaten streak and I so wanna see our guys bitchslap CJ.