PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sirius Radio - Ty Law

CosmicPal
07-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I was just listening to NFL Sirius radio and they were previewing the Chiefs 2005 season. It was a great listen.

Anyways, they started talking about the D and were throwing Ty Law in as a DB opposite Surtain. They were saying this as though they EXPECT, without surprise, Ty Law is going to be signed by the Chiefs! Great news. But, then they ended with the future cap purgatory, Vermeil, Shields, Roaf, Green, all being gone next year....

The Chiefs are playing poker this season, and they are going ALL IN. More importantly though, it's beginning to sound like Law is going to be a Chief.

Donger
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
There was a gal in HS that was notorious for giving great handjobs, but never allowing the poor fool to reach fruition.

siberian khatru
07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
http://artbabyart.org/press/bluebs.jpg

RedThat
I was just listening to NFL Sirius radio and they were previewing the Chiefs 2005 season. It was a great listen.

Anyways, they started talking about the D and were throwing Ty Law in as a DB opposite Surtain. They were saying this as though the EXPECT, without surprise, Ty Law is going to be signed by the Chiefs! Great news. But, then they ended with the future cap purgatory, Vermeil, Shields, Roaf, Green, all being gone next year....

The Chiefs are playing poker this season, and they are going ALL IN. More importantly though, it's beginning to sound like Law is going to be a Chief.

NFL Sirius radio is usually pretty reliable. Thanks for the input!

chagrin
There was a gal in HS that was notorious for giving great handjobs, but never allowing the poor fool to reach fruition.

Excellent words my friend
ROFL

jiveturkey
Roaf, Shields, Green and I think Priest have a good chance of retiring next year.

Is this happens we're going to be doing a lot better on the cap than a lot of people think.

I think that Green is most likely to stick around out of those.

Bootlegged
07-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll state it again. If we sign Law, I'll bang Jamie Pressley on the 50yd line @ Arrowhead.

TRR
07-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Green isn't going anywhere. He would do anything to stay a Chief. He is tailor-fitted for this offense, and is to old to start over. He isn't even close to retirement either...

I still see Roaf playing another season as well.

Brock
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Roaf, Shields, Green and I think Priest have a good chance of retiring next year.

Is this happens we're going to be doing a lot better on the cap than a lot of people think.

I think that Green is most likely to stick around out of those.

why on earth would Trent Green retire when he is playing better than he ever has before?

jiveturkey
07-14-2005, 10:20 AM
why on earth would Trent Green retire when he is playing better than he ever has before?He might not and I hope that he doesn't but it's a possibility.

Brock
07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
He might not and I hope that he doesn't but it's a possibility.

I don't see it.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't see it unless he suffers a major injury. He looks to have 2-3 more years in him, what with being a pocket QB who doesn't get hit a whole lot.

TRR
07-14-2005, 10:24 AM
He might not and I hope that he doesn't but it's a possibility.

Not even a possibility for next season.

HC_Chief
07-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't see it unless he suffers a major injury. He looks to have 2-3 more years in him, what with being a pocket QB who doesn't get hit a whole lot.

I dunnot about that... he does scramble when necessary and isn't afraid to lay blocks for ball carriers.

jiveturkey
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Not even a possibility for next season.It looks like I'm hella wrong on that one. rochambeau

What do you guys think about Priest?

TRR
07-14-2005, 10:28 AM
It looks like I'm hella wrong on that one. rochambeau

What do you guys think about Priest?

That may be a possibility.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
IIRC Green said five more years is his goal. That was during his Draft Day televison time.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I dunnot about that... he does scramble when necessary and isn't afraid to lay blocks for ball carriers.He does at times, but we're still not talking about a west coast QB trying to make plays with his legs.

Either way, he apparently did some work in the offseason to pump up his upper body so the hits wouldn't affect him so much (which is why he was held out of OTAs - soreness in his upper body). That seems more to me like something he'd do to preserve himself over the long term rather than something to help him get through one more year.

The guys I'm expecting to retire are Priest and Shields. I don't know that we'll see either of them in '06, especially big Will.

RedThat
07-14-2005, 10:35 AM
He does at times, but we're still not talking about a west coast QB trying to make plays with his legs.

Either way, he apparently did some work in the offseason to pump up his upper body so the hits wouldn't affect him so much (which is why he was held out of OTAs - soreness in his upper body). That seems more to me like something he'd do to preserve himself over the long term rather than something to help him get through one more year.

The guys I'm expecting to retire are Priest and Shields. I don't know that we'll see either of them in '06, especially big Will.

I think its possible Shields, Roaf, and Priest will retire in a year or 2. I agree.

Big Chief Homer
07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I was also listening to the sirius broadcast.It was Mitch Holthus speaking during an interview.

He stated he expects ty law to be starting on the left side next to surtain and forsees Benny Sapp as the nickel.If Law is not signed.

Vermiel might return next season for they are having problems picking a coach for next year.He said everyone expects Saunders to get the job but that is NOT the case.He said not twice.DV wants Saunders but its Carls pick not DV's.Carl wants a coach like Jim mora jr or the new coach in San Fran.

On Priest heres a clip from an interview he did this month for fantasy Football Cheatsheets.

Harris:In a perfect world how does retirement happen for Priest Holmes?

Preist:The Priest Holmes ending is going to be one thats Pretty awesome because even this year..and Im definitely NOT looking forward to retiring after this year...but having a great year,i think my career is going to end with another superbowl win.. ireally do.

he aslo talks about LJ learning from hjim for the next few years.

Braincase
07-14-2005, 10:43 AM
http://artbabyart.org/press/bluebs.jpg

I've had those. They hurt.

keg in kc
I was also listening to the sirius broadcast.It was Mitch Holthus speaking during an interview.

He stated he expects ty law to be starting on the left side next to surtain and forsees Benny Sapp as the nickel.If Law is not signed.Hold on, Mitch was talking about us being close to signing Law?he aslo talks about LJ learning from hjim for the next few years.LJs 26 in November. If he learns from Priest for a few more years, his career will be over before it starts.

Anyong Bluth
I'd say shields is 80% gone after year, Priest is 40% but maybe 1 more year. Roaf has said he'd like to play 3 more, and Green isn't even close!? He can make huge bank and is playing his best. He probably has as many years left in him as Gonzo, or close.

If this D does actually come together and they do well this year I could see all of them coming back for another year, no different than Vermeil.

HC_Chief
07-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I could see Shields and Roaf retiring at the end of this year (possibly Priest). Green, no way... not this year. NEXT year however, without Shields and Roaf, he may seriously contemplate it ;)

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I could see Shields and Roaf retiring at the end of this year (possibly Priest). Green, no way... not this year. NEXT year however, without Shields and Roaf, he may seriously contemplate it That's a possibility, although I think if there's one area I'd trust the Chiefs on, it's their ability to build an o-line. Losing a couple of Hofers will obviously be a blow, but I'd be shocked if we didn't still send a competent group of blockers out there.

Big Chief Homer
07-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Hold on, Mitch was talking about us being close to signing Law?LJs 26 in November. If he learns from Priest for a few more years, his career will be over before it starts.

yes,It was an interview with mitch holthus.I was going to start the same thread but he beat me to it.

I was thinking the same thing about Lj but in the article with priest he says he's not going to retire next year or the year after that.

"if they want my job,i welcome them to come and try and take it"

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I love Priest, but the fact is that he's getting seriously hurt every other year. That's not usually the kind of thing that improves after 30. One of the reasons I feel fortunate that we do have another back chomping at the bit.

HC_Chief
07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
That's a possibility, although I think if there's one area I'd trust the Chiefs on, it's their ability to build an o-line. Losing a couple of Hofers will obviously be a blow, but I'd be shocked if we didn't still send a competent group of blockers out there.

Heh, it used to be that way with the secondary, remember?

I am SERIOUSLY discouraged to read it will be CP's decision when it comes time to pick the next HC, and Al Saunders isn't the top candidate. I would rather keep Saunders and tell Peterson to take a f*cking hike. :grr:

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Heh, it used to be that way with the secondary, remember?Actually, I don't. The secondary has pretty much stunk the whole time I've followed the team. But even in the off years (like 2001), the offensive line wasn't exactly horrible.

But anything can change...I am SERIOUSLY discouraged to read it will be CP's decision when it comes time to pick the next HC, and Al Saunders isn't the top candidate. I would rather keep Saunders and tell Peterson to take a f*cking hike. :grr:I still think it's going to be herman edwards.

And I don't know that there's any guarantee that Saunders will make a good HC. He's a great OC, no question, but the HC job is a completely different beast. That's not to say he wouldn't be terrific at it, but I don't think it's set in stone that it would be a perfect fit. I do think it's hitting a point where he's not going to be satisfied as a coordinator, however.

Hammock Parties
Saunders is not cut out to be a head coach. I have a bad feeling we'll be going through a transition period as a team, and Gunther will be the sacrificial lamb HC.

ptlyon
Ok - lets take a breath and look at the facts.

When was the last time that Law was in KC? Months ago?
Did he pass the phyisical?
Have we read that he has been back?
So he hasn't passed the physical and we're going to sign him?

Not likely, JMHO of course.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 10:53 AM
and Gunther will be the sacrificial lamb HC.That would be one of the most bizarre events in the history of sports. I don't think it'll happen, either. I don't see Gun getting another HC job anywhere, much less here.

unlurking
07-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Since we're talking retirement here, I've always wondered what happens regarding signing bonuses pro-rated over years that a player doesn't fill? I'm assuming we still have to pay it, but does it all hit the cap at once, or do we carry it against our cap as we would have if the player didn't retire?

HC_Chief
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Actually, I don't. The secondary has pretty much stunk the whole time I've followed the team. But even in the off years (like 2001), the offensive line wasn't exactly horrible.

Throughout the late 80s & 90s we seemed to replace DBs with ease. Our secondary was always top-notch. Once Marty left, that changed. It was obvious he or one of his cronies was the one(s) who knew DB talent.

And I don't know that there's any guarantee that Saunders will make a good HC.

Agreed... however he deserves the opportunity. For the sake of continuity, if nothing else. The man came into an organization with NOTHING on offense and after one season turned them into the most prolific offense in the league. That's saying something. (note: he obviously didn't do it all himself, but he was a, if not <i>the</i> major factor in that regard).

htismaqe
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Agreed... however he deserves the opportunity. For the sake of continuity, if nothing else.The man came into an organization with NOTHING on offense and after one season turned them into the most prolific offense in the league. That's saying something. (note: he obviously didn't do it all himself, but he was a, if not <i>the</i> major factor in that regard).

The same was said in 1999.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Agreed... however he deserves the opportunity. For the sake of continuity, if nothing else. The man came into an organization with NOTHING on offense and after one season turned them into the most prolific offense in the league. That's saying something. (note: he obviously didn't do it all himself, but he was a, if not <i>the</i> major factor in that regard).Oh, I agree. I just don't think it's going to happen. I think there's some truth to the rumors that Peterson and Saunders don't see eye-to-eye. But I also think there's a chance Vermeil made his contract extension last year in part contingent on Saunders getting a shot.

But we won't know until the time comes. And I think there's a very real possibility that Vermeil is coaching again in 2006.

Stinger
07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
The secondary has pretty much stunk the whole time I've followed the team. But even in the off years (like 2001), the offensive line wasn't exactly horrible.

So it wasn't Gunther, Saunders, or the players it was Keg. :hmmm:

Damnit Keg!!!!!! :cuss:

HC_Chief
07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
The same was said in 1999.

And the mistake then was ignoring the obvious after the first season under Gunther. It became readily apparent that he wasn't cut out for HC. Ferrcrisakes he made excuses and threw a tantrum after the very first game... losing to a horrible Bears team.

Anyone who promotes RBbC and allows Kurt "the spine" Schottenheimer, Jimmy "Captain Predictable" Raye, and Mike "OMG, I can't believe I still have a job!" Stock to remain on staff = not suited for HC.

alanm
07-14-2005, 11:05 AM
That's a possibility, although I think if there's one area I'd trust the Chiefs on, it's their ability to build an o-line. Losing a couple of Hofers will obviously be a blow, but I'd be shocked if we didn't still send a competent group of blockers out there.
That's the one area where the Chiefs has consistantly excelled over the years. Their ability to field a oline in the same vein as Denver being able to find RB's.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM
So it wasn't Gunther, Saunders, or the players it was Keg. :hmmm:

Damnit Keg!!!!!! Yeah, we've had two winning seasons since I got on board, and one of those was 9-7. It's not that gunther's a bad coach, or that Vermeil hasn't done what we hoped; it's entirely my fault. I accept full responsibility for my part of the whole debacle.

Scorp
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Gawd Dammit
PAY TY LAW
ALREADY!

tyton75
07-14-2005, 11:55 AM
considered starting another thread: but I heard on 610 that Ronda Moss reported that the Chiefs and Ty Law are in "heated" negotiations and that they aren't that far apart on dollars..

also heard that DJ contract talks are "very close"

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM

Its like Hugh Douglas all over again, ain't it?

Crush
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I wish Ty Law would sign somewhere to end this ergosphere of Ty Law discussion.

Stinger
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM

IT'S LAW TIME WOMAN!!!!!!

Eh, it still doesn't sound the same :shake:

Donger
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure her name was Kelly.

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 12:03 PM
considered starting another thread: but I heard on 610 that Ronda Moss reported that the Chiefs and Ty Law are in "heated" negotiations and that they aren't that far apart on dollars..

also heard that DJ contract talks are "very close"

We know this can not be true since Carl sets on his ass and does nothing to improve the team. ROFL

Mr. Laz
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
We know this can not be true since Carl sets on his ass and does nothing to improve the team. ROFL

don't make me beat u' @ss :cuss: :cuss:

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure her name was Kelly.

Kelly Douglas?

HemiEd
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
don't make me beat u' @ss :cuss: :cuss:

ROFL ROFL

NJ Chief Fan
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
what are the other reports say about law, which teams has he visted lately?

ptlyon
07-14-2005, 12:17 PM
what are the other reports say about law, which teams has he visted lately?

NOT the Chiefs