PDA

View Full Version : NFL | Collinsworth to Switch Networks

KingPriest2
07-14-2005, 02:31 PM
NFL | Collinsworth to Switch Networks
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:00:49 -0700

Michael Hiestand, of USAToday.com, reports broadcaster Cris Collinsworth is switching from Fox-TV to NBC. He will join NBC for coverage of NFL Sunday night games that will begin in 2006. Collinsworth will not be part of the Fox's NFL coverage next season. Fox will reduce down to a two-man booth with play-by-play announcer Joe Buck and analyst Troy Aikman. "We would like to thank Cris for five terrific years at Fox Sports and wish him nothing but the very best," Fox Sports President Ed Goren said. It is likely Collinsworth will be on the NBC Sunday night studio show and not in the booth come 2006. NBC has said it won't use him in a three-man booth.

RealSNR
07-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I hate that son of a bitch

Electric
07-14-2005, 02:33 PM
NFL | Collinsworth to Switch Networks
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:00:49 -0700

Michael Hiestand, of USAToday.com, reports broadcaster Cris Collinsworth is switching from Fox-TV to NBC. He will join NBC for coverage of NFL Sunday night games that will begin in 2006. Collinsworth will not be part of the Fox's NFL coverage next season. Fox will reduce down to a two-man booth with play-by-play announcer Joe Buck and analyst Troy Aikman. "We would like to thank Cris for five terrific years at Fox Sports and wish him nothing but the very best," Fox Sports President Ed Goren said. It is likely Collinsworth will be on the NBC Sunday night studio show and not in the booth come 2006. NBC has said it won't use him in a three-man booth.

Can't we just get him deported or something?

tomahawk kid
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I hate that son of a bitch

You and everyone else.....Most arrogant b!tch without a SuperBowl Ring that I've ever seen.

It was great when Jay Mohr punked his a$$ a couple of years ago.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I actually like Collinsworth, but I know I'm in the minority here on that one.

Simplex3
07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I like the fact that he speaks about the game being played and you can undertand WTF he's saying. The fact that he isn't painful to listen to (Steve Young) is nice, too.

Amnorix
07-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I like the fact that he speaks about the game being played and you can undertand WTF he's saying. The fact that he isn't painful to listen to (Steve Young) is nice, too.

Basically, that's right.

Look, we all agree he's pretty arrogant, but he actually:

1. makes sense (i.e. speaks coherently). People that don't make sense: Maguire, Madden, Irvin, and sometimes Theismann.

2. Says what's on his mind and give honest assessments (i.e. doesn't recycle the same "safe" B.S. every damn time. If Favre sucks, he'll say "I don't know what he was thinking there" and not some "least he's having fun" stupid ass line).

3. Will ask relatively probing questions during interviews (See the HBO program he's on).

In short, he's knowledgeable, honest, and you know what he's talking about when he says it. I'll take the arrogance with that any day. I find most announcers to be utterly worthless and to be wasting their breath.

I also like Esiason and Simms. Michaels is okay but seems to have dropped a bit lately (maybe just associating with Madden will do that to ya).

Megbert
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
He may ask probing questions but he still comes off as a swarmy prick.

alpha_omega
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM

I like him as well.

keg in kc
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Can the preseason start already so we can stop talking about boring shit like this. Enough Ty Law shit already, too. I'm ready for some camp reports.

Electric
07-14-2005, 04:44 PM

Are you a Chiefs fan? Collinsworth consistantly downs the Chiefs. He has a strong dislike for them and always attempts to show them in the worst light possible.

Coach
07-14-2005, 06:00 PM
If it's anyone that should be deported, it should be Randy Cross. Period.

Dayze
07-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I've always wondered why we need announcers at all.

I 've actually heard Madden say "if they don't get this 3rd down ,they'll either have to punt or go for it".

Thanks for the insight John.

Remember - who ever scores the most points by the time the clock runs out will be the winner.

milkman
07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I've always wondered why we need announcers at all.

I 've actually heard Madden say "if they don't get this 3rd down ,they'll either have to punt or go for it".

Thanks for the insight John.

Remember - who ever scores the most points by the time the clock runs out will be the winner.

I think announcers have a place in the sport, but I think most announcers forgot what that place is.

I think Simms and Aikman are ok.
As is Kevin Harlan.

Beyond those 3, I can't think any others that are worth a damn.

I miss Charlie Jones and Curt Gowdy.
And Merlin Olsen.

dtebbe
07-14-2005, 10:21 PM
DOES THIS MEAN NO COLLINSWORTH IN 2005??

THERE IS A GOD!

Now if Berman would just assume room temp. I would be ready to join the priesthood!

DT

Frazod
07-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Thank God. I hate that arrogant prick.

And I'd say it's a safe bet that whoever he's paired with WON'T have a Super Bowl ring.

Crush
07-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I just hate Fox's sports coverage, in general.