PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Grisby

ken ott
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
CHIEFS AGREE TO TERMS WITH FIFTH-ROUND PICK LB BOOMER GRIGSBY
Jul 15, 2005, 11:25:41 AM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Friday that the club has agreed to terms of a three-year contract with LB Boomer Grigsby, the first of its two fifth-round selections (138th overall) in the 2005 draft. He is the second 2005 Chiefs draft choice to reach a contract agreement with the club. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Grigsby (5-11, 249) was a four-year letterman at NCAA Division I-AA Illinois State, appearing in 44 games (40 starts). He produced a school-record 580 tackles (325 solo), in addition to registering 13.0 sacks (-77.0 yards), six fumble recoveries, five forced fumbles, seven passes defensed and 14 QB pressures.

The Canton, Illinois native started all 10 games for Illinois State as a senior, recording a team-high 129 tackles (56 solo), 3.0 sacks (-20.0 yards), two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and two passes defensed. He set Illinois State’s single-season tackle mark with 179 stops in both 2002 and 2003. Grigsby was a three-time finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, which is annually given to the premier defensive player in NCAA Division I-AA football.

Grigsby was an all-area selection as a senior at Canton High School in Canton, Illinois. He registered 120 tackles (80 solo), 10.0 stops for loss and 5.0 sacks that season.

Hooray, Boomer is here to save the day. Who needs Ty Law, when we have the Boomer.

BigChiefFan
07-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Glad to hear it. At 5'11", 249 lbs. this kid is built like a brick wall. I really hope he excels at the game. I can't wait to see who ends up as the starter.

StcChief
07-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Excellent.

Mr. Laz
07-15-2005, 02:17 PM
a sign that the chiefs think that grigsby is good enough to make team as backup/special teamer at least.

:thumb:

keg in kc
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
a sign that the chiefs think that grigsby is good enough to make team as backup/special teamer at least.I don't doubt that they do, but when have they ever not signed a draft pick?

Mr. Laz
07-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't doubt that they do, but when have they ever not signed a draft pick?
true...

but imo the middle round picks that get signed first usually are the ones the chiefs think have the best chance to contribute early.

RedThat
07-15-2005, 02:23 PM
a sign that the chiefs think that grigsby is good enough to make team as backup/special teamer at least.

:thumb:

I like Mitchell, and you know that. I'm happy though Grigsby signed. I think he could give Mitchell a run for his money. Just looking at the man, he seems like he's got character.

keg in kc
07-15-2005, 02:25 PM
but imo the middle round picks that get signed first usually are the ones the chiefs think have the best chance to contribute early.I might be wrong, but I think if we'd look back at signings from recent years, I don't think this one is unusual. As I recall, we generally sign all our mid- to low-round picks early. Boomer's not the first Chiefs signee this year.

I'm not arguing that Grigsby isn't poised to contribute in some way, of course...