PDA

View Full Version : Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

Kylo Ren
07-15-2005, 06:53 PM
July 15, 2005

Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

http://www.armytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/tschiderer071505.JPGPfc. Stephen Tschiderer is a native of Mendon, N.Y. —

During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents. Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position. After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.

See the video of the attack (mms://wm.gannett.speedera.net/wm.gannett/atpco/071505sniper.wmv).

Read the account of the incident from the 256th Brigade Combat Team (http://www.armytimes.com/content/editorial/pdf/at_sniper071505.pdf).

Iowanian
07-15-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm damn glad that young man is alright. That could have been a bad day for his family, very easily.

I hope he at least stuck his thumb in that prick's bullet hole and twisted some bones a little before anyone was watching.

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Great story.

What a great example of a soldier representing this country. I am glad he is safe.

I have a friend going to Iraq soon. I couldn't imagine if anything happened to him.

teedubya
07-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Great story... I dont know if I would have been so loving to the one who just shot me...

Kylo Ren
07-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Great story... I dont know if I would have been so loving to the one who just shot me... I agree. I would have to act as Iowinian described at the very least.

dtebbe
07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
This would be a pretty good video, but it sounds like the guy narriating it has a peanut butter sandwich stuck to the roof of his mouth :shrug:

That body armor worked pretty damn good if you ask me!

DT

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 12:02 AM
What a great example of a soldier representing this country. I am glad he is safe.

I totally agree!

FRCDFED
07-16-2005, 08:39 AM
The sniper did not deserve to live. But his judgement day will come!!

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know what the terrorist was saying? It sounds kind of like "allah akba" over and over again. I wonder what that means?

StcChief
07-16-2005, 10:18 AM
This would be a pretty good video, but it sounds like the guy narriating it has a peanut butter sandwich stuck to the roof of his mouth :shrug:

DT My thoughts exactly. WTF same words over and over
:shake:

OmahaChief
07-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know what the terrorist was saying? It sounds kind of like "allah akba" over and over again. I wonder what that means?

Allah Akbar is arabic for God is the Greatest.

This phrase is recited by Muslims in numerous different situations. For example, when they are happy or wish to express approval, when an animal is slaughtered in a halāl fashion, when they want to praise a speaker, and during battles.

jspchief
07-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know what the terrorist was saying? It sounds kind of like "allah akba" over and over again. I wonder what that means?My guess is it's arabic for "Holy shit, we just shot that dude in the goods and the badass hopped right back up. We are in way over our heads against these mean motherf*ckers. Allah, save my sorry ass please."

Personally, I think they should have secured the sniper with an incendiary grenade before treating his wounds.

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Allah Akbar is arabic for God is the Greatest.

This phrase is recited by Muslims in numerous different situations. For example, when they are happy or wish to express approval, when an animal is slaughtered in a halāl fashion, when they want to praise a speaker, and during battles. I think this is true.

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 01:40 PM
My guess is it's arabic for "Holy shit, we just shot that dude in the goods and the badass hopped right back up. We are in way over our heads against these mean motherf*ckers. Allah, save my sorry ass please."

Personally, I think they should have secured the sniper with an incendiary grenade before treating his wounds. I think this is even more true!! ROFL

Duck Dog
07-16-2005, 03:01 PM
My guess is it's arabic for "Holy shit, we just shot that dude in the goods and the badass hopped right back up. We are in way over our heads against these mean motherf*ckers. Allah, save my sorry ass please."

That is some good stuff, right there. :clap:

Pants
07-16-2005, 03:08 PM

DT

Which video are you talking about? I didn't see any videos with narrations?

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Which video are you talking about? I didn't see any videos with narrations? :shrug:

chefsos
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
They should have sent the camera jockey to a personal meeting with Allah. Just don't hurt the camera.