PDA

View Full Version : ProFootballTalk.com (Law Deal Bogus)

Flustrated
07-16-2005, 09:56 AM
So this must mean he's signed a long tearm deal? ROFL
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Bowser
07-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Jose Lima says Rhonda Moss doesn't know what she is talking about.

Gaz
07-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Well, color me shocked.

xoxo~
Gaz
Was shopping for a red & gold Law jersey.

Bowser
07-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Well, color me shocked.

xoxo~
Gaz
Was shopping for a red & gold Law jersey.

Don't say that so loud. Somebody around here will take the time and affort to have one made, and then ship it to you.....

:D

TEX
07-16-2005, 10:11 AM
This is probably the first time in a long time that Pro Football Talk got it right.

Glad to see that Packman Jones is on his way to being a BUST. The guy is very soft in the brain.

StcChief
07-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Wasn't this obvious yesterday????

Mr. Laz
07-16-2005, 10:16 AM
RUMORS OF CHIEFS, LAW DEAL ARE BOGUS

We received several e-mails on Friday from readers in the Kansas City area regarding rumors of an impending deal between the Chiefs and free-agent cornerback Ty Law.

Specifically, a local radio station reportedly is reporting that the Chiefs and Law "have agreed in principle to a contract pending Law pass [sic] a physical showing that he is able to play on opening day" (whatever in the hell that means).

Wrong, says a source close to the action.

Per the source, the Chiefs and Law's agents "touch base periodically to see where he is in his rehab, etc., but there's been nothing more going on than that."

The Chiefs have signed Ashley Ambrose as a short-term replacement for Eric Warfield, who will serve a four-game suspension resulting from a 2004 DUI incident. When Warfield returns, Ambrose likely slides to the nickel back role in a defense that already includes cornerback Patrick Surtain.

According to the source, Law would land in Kansas City only if/when he abandons efforts for a long-term deal and opts to sign somewhere on a short-term basis for a shot at big money in 2006.

PastorMikH
07-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Given PFT's track record with news related to the Chiefs, this should serve to reassure everyone that Carl and Law are close and should have a deal done in the next couple of days.

Gaz
07-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Wasn't this obvious yesterday????

Obvious is its own oxymoron.

xoxo~
Gaz
Dispensing wisdom for the ages.

Kylo Ren
07-16-2005, 11:19 AM
RUMORS OF CHIEFS, LAW DEAL ARE BOGUS

We received several e-mails on Friday from readers in the Kansas City area regarding rumors of an impending deal between the Chiefs and free-agent cornerback Ty Law.

Specifically, a local radio station reportedly is reporting that the Chiefs and Law "have agreed in principle to a contract pending Law pass [sic] a physical showing that he is able to play on opening day" (whatever in the hell that means).

Wrong, says a source close to the action.

Per the source, the Chiefs and Law's agents "touch base periodically to see where he is in his rehab, etc., but there's been nothing more going on than that."

The Chiefs have signed Ashley Ambrose as a short-term replacement for Eric Warfield, who will serve a four-game suspension resulting from a 2004 DUI incident. When Warfield returns, Ambrose likely slides to the nickel back role in a defense that already includes cornerback Patrick Surtain.

According to the source, Law would land in Kansas City only if/when he abandons efforts for a long-term deal and opts to sign somewhere on a short-term basis for a shot at big money in 2006.

I want to know who their source is. 810am? If so, they are no better than 610am / Rohnda Moss.

RedThat
07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I want to know who their source is. 810am? If so, they are no better than 610am / Rohnda Moss.

The original false statements were from 610. They created this whole rumour. The truth was revealed on 810 yesterday. Keitzman was interviewing Law on 810. Also, he was on ESPN radio in NY, and said that the agreement he and the Chiefs had in place was 100% bullsh*t.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Profootballtalk reported a couple years ago that Huge Douglas and his agent were on their way to KC to sign a contract.

So this report by them is good news for us on the Law front. All we need is Taco to say we won't be signing Law and it's as good as a done deal. ;)

RedThat
07-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Profootballtalk reported a couple years ago that Huge Douglas and his agent were on their way to KC to sign a contract.

So this report by them is good news for us on the Law front. All we need is Taco to say we won't be signing Law and it's as good as a done deal. ;)

I wish it was that easy:D

SoCalBronco
07-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I still wouldnt be surprised if the Chiefs got him. I think King Carl knows that the window is closing for some of the key offensive guys and he wants put to really put together a hell of a team on both sides of the ball to really capitalize before the door is closed.

MYKCCHIEFS
07-16-2005, 01:30 PM
You can hear the Ty Law interview from 7/15 here.

http://www.810whb.com/shows/default.asp?id=btl

Scroll down to "Sound bytes" on the right hand side.
Titled "Free agent conerback Ty Law"

Thig Lyfe
07-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow. That's the kind of scoop that only somebody with a newspaper could provide.

KChiefsQT
07-16-2005, 03:43 PM
"I have a pen in my hand and I'm ready to sign" (talking about possibly having a deal done in a day or two with an unnamed team) Damn.... that sucks.

the Talking Can
07-16-2005, 03:46 PM
I blame Nick Athan.

Big Chief Homer
07-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Law was just on the huddle on espn radio:

Says he did not agree to anything with Kansas City-actually laughed when asked.

Said 4 teams are in the running would not clarify a front runner.Chiefs are one of them.

Would love to play with Pat Surtain.they are friends and are actually neighbors in a development in Miami.But doesnt see how KC can pay both of them the same deal.If they can great,but he doesnt see it happening.

Did say he would take a winner over a looser who offers more money.he wants the best of both worlds.

Doesnt want 6 mil a year just market value.

nothing we didnt know already.

Pants
07-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Law was just on the huddle on espn radio:

Says he did not agree to anything with Kansas City-actually laughed when asked.

Said 4 teams are in the running would not clarify a front runner.Chiefs are one of them.

Would love to play with Pat Surtain.they are friends and are actually neighbors in a development in Miami.But doesnt see how KC can pay both of them the same deal.If they can great,but he doesnt see it happening.

Did say he would take a winner over a looser who offers more money.he wants the best of both worlds.

Doesnt want 6 mil a year just market value.

nothing we didnt know already.

Nice, thanks.

But him being friends with Surtain is like Warfield being friends with Champ...eww.

Big Chief Homer
07-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Nice, thanks.

But him being friends with Surtain is like Warfield being friends with Champ...eww.

Not if they do sign him :hmmm:

might be a good thing,said he has alot of friends on the team,surtain,priest,bell.but that surtain was his neighbor.

IMO he goes back to NE