PDA

View Full Version : Henry to titans on monday??

Mr. Laz
07-16-2005, 10:30 AM
this makes no sense to me.

they are rebuilding ... in cap hell ... have chris brown already

have a couple of the top rushing RB's in NFLE on the roster (Payton,Smith)

why give up a draft pick for 1 year of henry?

=====================
Titans | To Land Henry
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:29:32 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Tennessee Titans have reached agreement in principle on a trade to acquire Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry and, barring unexpected complications, the deal will be announced on Monday, ESPN.com has confirmed. Buffalo will receive a third-round choice in the 2006 draft. The paperwork for the trade, which is not contingent upon the Titans reaching a contract extension agreement with Henry, has already been forwarded to the league offices. "From what we've been told, Travis is headed to Tennessee," agent Hadley Engelhard said on Saturday morning, July 16. "I don't know if Floyd (Reese, Titans general manager) will try to do an extension or not. We'll have to wait and see about that."

Gaz
07-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Got me stumped, too.

xoxo~
Gaz
Failing to see the value.

Herzig
07-16-2005, 10:44 AM
He went to college at Tennessee, so he has ties and fans there. I think it makes sense for him. Also, Chris Brown is injury prone. From the franchise point of view, it may not be the best move though...but you have a player who loves Tennessee and he probably didn't demand as much contract wise because he really wants to play there IMO.

eazyb81
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
I thought Jacksonville was going to trade for Henry? What happened?

That seems like a much better choice for Henry then Tennessee.

Herzig
07-16-2005, 10:49 AM
I thought Jacksonville was going to trade for Henry? What happened?

That seems like a much better choice for Henry then Tennessee.

Tennessee is offering a third that my escalate into a 2nd from the rumors that I've seen around the net.

Herzig
07-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Here's yesterday's thread on the subject.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119577

Red Dawg
07-16-2005, 10:57 AM
This is a stupid move. Just as dumb as when Fisher kept Eddie on the field when he was producing nothing for two years. Brown is solid they don't need Henry.

DTLB58
07-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Jacksonville makes much more sense.....Now do I still name Chris Brown as one of my keepers in my fantasy league?

Herzig
07-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I've had Henry in my Dynasty league so I'm glad to see him go anywhere else.

Hydrae
07-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Jacksonville makes much more sense.....Now do I still name Chris Brown as one of my keepers in my fantasy league?

Good question that I need to answer as well. :hmmm:

HolmeZz
07-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Maybe Tennessee trades him again? I can see the need for Henry increasing if someone goes down in the pre-season. That'd peak Henry's trade value. They could move him again.

Hydrae
07-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Does this mean Law to Jacksonville is more likely to happen since they won't be spending the money for Henry?