PDA

View Full Version : I, Robot

Vegas_Dave
07-16-2005, 11:15 PM
You know, this has got one of the greatest sarcastic lines in the movies...

"USR, Sh*ttin' on the little guy"

FloridaChief
07-16-2005, 11:36 PM
WTF?

Vegas_Dave
07-17-2005, 01:13 AM
In the movie "I, Robot" with Will Smith, there is a scene where Will Smith is talking to the president of USR (Makers of the Robots).

Will Smiths character does not like Robots at all.

His conversation with the President of USR, he makes a suggestion for a commercial of USR and it goes something like

"Have a man hand carving a beautiful wood chair. Then have one of your robots do it in half the time. Then as its fading out, you put up the slogan, 'USR, Sh*ttin on the little guy'".

Anyways, I was watching the movie when I was typing it. And I figured the night crew is used to weird sh*t being posted so why not kill some time while I am rebuilding my main PC and surfing the planet on the laptop.

Sorry... caffeine induced posting... its a b*tch.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
I liked the movie. It made alot of modern day social statements. Kind of like the original planet of the Apes if you know what I mean.

Sparhawk
07-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Personally I thought the movie was a let down. Hard sometimes times to make a good movie from a fantastic book.

Braincase
07-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Movie made some interesting points, but if the screw over "Foundation" like they did "I, Robot", I'll help dig up to Asimov to count his RPM's.

Hammock Parties
07-17-2005, 07:20 AM
I saw it the other day for the first time and I enjoyed it too. The produce placement was a little out of hand but otherwise very enjoyable. I really liked the character development of sonny.