PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans it's time to stuff the ballot box!

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I've checked the ESPN 50 states in 50 days poll sites & have found these poll questions relating to the Chiefs. I'm surprised that neither Iowa or Arkansas have any Chiefs options on their poll....interesting. :hmmm:

Kansas:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/fiftyfifty/polling?event_id=1377

Missouri:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/fiftyfifty/polling?event_id=1386

Nebraska:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/fiftyfifty/polling?event_id=1442

Oklahoma
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/fiftyfifty/polling?event_id=1450

Coach
07-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Heh.

3) Favorite pro team?
62.8% Kansas City Chiefs
22.1% Kansas City Royals
5.1% St. Louis Cardinals
4.9% Denver Broncos

Valiant
07-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Wheres one for colorado, would like nothing better then to put the broncos last for spite...

Coach
07-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Wheres one for colorado, would like nothing better then to put the broncos last for spite...

Just click on any of the link on the top, and on the right, there'll be the pop-down and just click Colorado there.

luv
07-17-2005, 01:43 PM
How could Ozzie Smith only have 8.6% of the votes for Best in-state pro career?!?! I'm sorry, but even if you're not a Cards fan, he was one helluva short stop.

Valiant
07-17-2005, 01:47 PM
How could Ozzie Smith only have 8.6% of the votes for Best in-state pro career?!?! I'm sorry, but even if you're not a Cards fan, he was one helluva short stop.

Because most of us voted for george ****ing brett...

luv
07-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Because most of us voted for george ****ing brett...
Yeah, I noticed that. :rolleyes:
I voted for Ozzie. I lost interest in the Cardinals after he retired.

Valiant
07-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. :rolleyes:
I voted for Ozzie. I lost interest in the Cardinals after he retired.

I think it is a easy decision, Brett played his entire career here.. Had better stats... Just because he ozzie had glove alone should catapult him above brett??? Why does Oz deserve it more then Brett??

luv
07-17-2005, 01:54 PM
I think it is a easy dicision, Brett played his entire career here.. Had better stats... Just because he ozzie had glove alone should catapult him above brett??? Why does Oz deserve it more then Brett??
Sorry, I just grew up being a Cardinals fan. Never really have been into the Royals. That, plus I figured everyone would vote for Brett. I was just surprised Ozzie was as low as he was.

Valiant
07-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I just grew up being a Cardinals fan. Never really have been into the Royals. That, plus I figured everyone would vote for Brett. I was just surprised Ozzie was as low as he was.

No, you are right, ozzy should be higher up... Just not past Brett :p

luv
07-17-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm surprised Nelly is as high on the list as he is too. Must have a lot of younger people submitting answers. To think that people might vote for him over Mark Twain, John J Pershing, Harry Truman, etc.

luv
07-17-2005, 02:07 PM
And, of course, over 50% voted for Arrowhead. FIRST DOWN KANSASSSSS CITYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valiant
07-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised Nelly is as high on the list as he is too. Must have a lot of younger people submitting answers. To think that people might vote for him over Mark Twain, John J Pershing, Harry Truman, etc.

Yeah it was hard, but I voted for Twain over Truman...

Logical
How could Ozzie Smith only have 8.6% of the votes for Best in-state pro career?!?! I'm sorry, but even if you're not a Cards fan, he was one helluva short stop.As a Cardinals fan I don't know how you would not vote for Stan Musial over Ozzie Smith, facing facts those two should get the majority of votes from Baseball fans, kind of leaves Ozzie Smith out in the cold.

luv
Yeah it was hard, but I voted for Twain over Truman...
Same here.

luv
07-17-2005, 02:12 PM
As a Cardinals fan I don't know how you would not vote for Stan Musial over Ozzie Smith, facing facts those two should get the majority of votes from Baseball fans, kind of leaves Ozzie Smith out in the cold.
Shhhhhhh!!!! I actually might have. I overlooked his name until I was viewing the results. Would have been a tough one. I'm just an Ozzie fan. I guess sometimes you have to put loyalties aside though.

Coach
As a Cardinals fan I don't know how you would not vote for Stan Musial over Ozzie Smith, facing facts those two should get the majority of votes from Baseball fans, kind of leaves Ozzie Smith out in the cold.

Just thought Bob Gibson was the good choice as well.

keg in kc
As a Cardinals fan I don't know how you would not vote for Stan Musial over Ozzie Smith,Yeah, but you're like 300 years old.

People under 50 might recognize the name, but odds are, even if they're Cardinal fans, they won't know much about him unless they're really hardcore into the history of the game, his last game being, what, 40 years ago? Same as Tigers fans and Al Kaline, for instance, even though he's more recent.

luv
07-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Okay, am I just slow today? Don't answer that. Wasn't Vlib Vlad last night? When was the name change?

Rausch
07-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Same here.

****ing insanity.... :shake:

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Vlib Logiclost?

ROFL

luv
07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
****ing insanity.... :shake:
Not a Mark Twain fan? Or just view political figures as more important than great authors?

Valiant
07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Okay, am I just slow today? Don't answer that. Wasn't Vlib Vlad last night? When was the name change?

Now if I can get him to take the V out of his name so I can rule my Letter category with most posts..

Logical
07-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Vlib Logiclost?

ROFLIt was Patteau's idea and I liked it and went with it.

Logical
07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Okay, am I just slow today? Don't answer that. Wasn't Vlib Vlad last night? When was the name change?Yes I was, I asked the mods to change it in a PM last night and they got around to it this morning.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Vlib...glib.

Very subtle.

luv
07-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes I was, I asked the mods to change it in a PM last night and they got around to it this morning.
Thanks. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. Although I did buy a t-shirt the other day that says: I'm out of my mind. Please leave a message.

Logical
Just thought Bob Gibson was the good choice as well.Gibson another great one for Card fans. Helping Brett as the Royals fan really have no split allegiance to worry about.

FloridaChief
It was Patteau's idea and I liked it and went with it.

That Patteau is a never-ending source of humor...

I LIKE it!

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. How can one lose....

luv
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
How can one lose....
Boy. Don't make me...

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Boy. Don't make me...How could I make you? I'm older, yes. But not that much older.

Rausch
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Not a Mark Twain fan? Or just view political figures as more important than great authors?

Hey, I'm not saying Twain wasn't a great writer or an influential one.

On one hand you have a former National Gaurdsman, Senator, he desegregated the armed forces, passed executive orders to forbid racial discrimination in Federal employment, dropped the bomb (ending WWII), and part of one of the most famous "lost then won" elections of all time.

On the other hand we have a gentleman who wrote stories...

:hmmm:

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I tried reading some Twain last year. Just couldn't get into it.

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
On the other hand we have a gentleman who wrote stories...

:hmmm:

And is considered by many (all over the world) to be the last man of letters the US has produced in it's short history. Your left-handed compliment is way off-base here. Mark Twain was and remains an American treasure...

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 02:37 PM

And you call yourself a goddamned would-be writer. Hang your f*cking head in shame, scribbler...you know not of what you speak.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:43 PM
And you call yourself a goddamned would-be writer. Hang your f*cking head in shame, scribbler...you know not of what you speak.Easy. I said "I couldn't get into it". I didn't say "Twain's not good". I'm assuming it had to do with the mindset I was in at the time; I wasn't in a place where 19th century literature really seemed thrilling. I wouldn't have found H.G. Wells interesting at that juncture, either. So I read something else.

And f*ck you, frankly. Who the hell are you to make value judgements on me or anybody else?

Rausch
07-17-2005, 02:44 PM
And is considered by many (all over the world) to be the last man of letters the US has produced in it's short history. Your left-handed compliment is way off-base here. Mark Twain was and remains an American treasure...

True. But it's like voting for Joe Montana or Hank Williams Sr. over Patton...

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 02:53 PM
And f*ck you, frankly.

And right back at you, slick. I can spot a Twain-hater from a f*cking mile away. Go back to moaning about your ex-wife--it's what you do best. I will say that reading your whiney posts gives me a new appreciation of Chiefs4Me, though...

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Uhh. Okay. If that's what you want to think. Makes no difference to me.

luv
07-17-2005, 02:59 PM
He doesn't write complicated, out there, sci-fi, war of the worlds type of stuff.

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Uhh. Okay. If that's what you want to think. Makes no difference to me.

Good. Then we can assume you'll shut your f*cking mouth about it.

luv
07-17-2005, 03:02 PM
True. But it's like voting for Joe Montana or Hank Williams Sr. over Patton...
Exactly. It just depends on your area of interest. I thought they should have kept it with sport figures myself. Why throw in authors, actors and politicians?

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Good. Then we can assume you'll shut your f*cking mouth about it.

I mean, he's not as good as Stephen King or....OH! Those Harry Potter books....or.....um.... :hmmm:

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I mean, he's not as good as Stephen King or....OH! Those Harry Potter books....or.....um.... :hmmm:

He also didn't write "How Becky Thatcher Got Her Groove On"...

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Exactly. It just depends on your area of interest. I thought they should have kept it with sport figures myself. Why throw in authors, actors and politicians?

Looking at the question again it says "Favorite" and not "Most Influential" or "Most Significan" or anything like that.

So my crying is moot... :rolleyes:

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:06 PM
He also didn't write "How Becky Thatcher Got Her Groove On"...

True, but he was still pretty good...

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:06 PM
He doesn't write complicated, out there, sci-fi, war of the worlds type of stuff.A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is one of my favorite early SF books.

And I read as much Twain as anybody else in high school. I thought last year I'd try to refresh my memory, see what it said to me as an adult. But, as I said earlier, I couldn't get into it. That's not all that unusual; I'm having the same trouble right now finishing a novel called The Sword of the Lictor. Sometims I go through phases where I just don't have the patience to read more serious literature, so I'll back away and read something lighter. Saying I couldn't get through it was a statement about me, not about it. Eventually I'll give it another go, when the time seems right.

Come to think of it, it probably doesn't help that I started reading it at the same time the last Dark Tower book came out. I have a hard time concentrating on anything else when I get my hands on a new book. Now that I'm finished with Harry Potter and don't have anything new on the docket until the Knife of Dreams in October, maybe now's a better time.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Good. Then we can assume you'll shut your f*cking mouth about it.Why don't you just shut it before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself, douche-for-brains.

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Why don't you just shut it before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself, douche-for-brains.

Solid.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Solid.I thought it was pretty weak, actually. Not my best work.

luv
07-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Boys, boys, boys.... :shake:

Can't we all just get along? OPinions are like azzholes. Everyone's got one. If they don't, then they are full of $hit. If you don't like someone's opinion, just keep moving until you find one you agree with.

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 03:11 PM
I thought it was pretty weak, actually. Not my best work.

No, actually it was pretty good, and it had the ring of accuracy to back it up...

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Heh.

3) Favorite pro team?
62.8% Kansas City Chiefs
22.1% Kansas City Royals
5.1% St. Louis Cardinals
4.9% Denver Broncos

This one surprised the hell outta me!

4) Favorite state team?

50.0% Kansas State (football)
41.7% Univ. of Kansas (basketball)
3.7% Wichita State (baseball)
2.4% Kansas State (basketball)
2.2% Univ. of Kansas (football)

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:13 PM
No, actually it was pretty good, and it had the ring of accuracy to back it up...Yeah, but my heart just wasn't in it. No real "oomph" if you know what I mean. Felt flat and uninspired.

I used to be so much better at this when I could stay pissed off for more than three seconds. Oh, but there I go again, about to start moaning about the divorce.

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I'd love to see the Chiefs beat the Cowboys in Oklahoma!

3) Favorite pro team?

41.9% Dallas Cowboys
18.8% St. Louis Cardinals
16.1% Kansas City Chiefs
15.5% Texas Rangers
4.0% Dallas Mavericks
3.7% St. Louis Rams

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Boys, boys, boys....

Can't we all just get along? OPinions are like azzholes. Everyone's got one. If they don't, then they are full of $hit. If you don't like someone's opinion, just keep moving until you find one you agree with.Oh, you want some?! Bring it on!

luv
07-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh, you want some?! Bring it on!
Ummmm....no thank you. I'm not half as witty as they guys on here.

FloridaChief
Oh, but there I go again, about to start moaning about the divorce.

Heh, better you than me, I guess. I gave up bitching (but I used to bitch--Hypocrite, I am!) about the ex on this board some time ago. It just doesn't do me or anyone else any earthly good, so far as I can tell.

All I do now is breathe in, breathe out....let it all go...

...and hope that c*nt slides under a gas truck and tastes her own blood before she dies...

Thig Lyfe
Chiefs are the top team in 3 states. Booyah!

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Gibson another great one for Card fans. Helping Brett as the Royals fan really have no split allegiance to worry about.
Who is the Royals 2nd best player behind Brett?

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Didn't realize there were this many Packer fans in Nebraska either....

4) Favorite pro team?

24.4% Kansas City Chiefs
21.9% Green Bay Packers
18.2% Chicago Cubs
10.5% Denver Broncos
9.9% Kansas City Royals
8.0% St. Louis Cardinals
3.7% Los Angeles Lakers
3.5% Colorado Avalanche

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Amos Otis?

leviw
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
1) Most memorable sports moment?

51.2% Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma 35-7 in Big 12 title game (2003)
37.4% Danny Manning leads University of Kansas to NCAA basketball title (1988)
3.4% Jim Ryun becomes first high-school to break 4:00 minute mile (1964)
2.8% Kansas loses to Syracuse in NCAA basketball title game (2003)
2.1% Kansas loses to Univ. of North Carolina in triple-OT in NCAA basketball title game (1957)
1.8% Wichita State wins College World Series (1989)
0.7% University of Kansas defeats St. John's to win NCAA basketball title (1952)
0.5% Claflin native Jackie Stiles breaks NCAA career women's basketball scoring record (2001)

How is a conference title more memorable than a national title?

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Heh, better you than me, I guess. I gave up bitching (but I used to bitch--Hypocrite, I am!) about the ex on this board some time ago. It just doesn't do me or anyone else any earthly good, so far as I can tell.

All I do now is breathe in, breathe out....let it all go...

...and hope that c*nt slides under a gas truck and tastes her own blood before she dies...I don't even think about it anymore unless somebody brings her up or tells a story that reminds me of her. And I'm pretty apathetic about her even then. I'm glad she's gone, and I think it's been as good for her as it has been for me. I caused her a lot of grief. I'm not nearly as bitter as I make myself out to be sometimes, though. But it's an shtick I've been doing forever, and like all old habits...

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Skip....who did you vote for in Arkansas?

3) Favorite pro team?

29.1% Dallas Cowboys
28.8% St. Louis Cardinals
12.8% Atlanta Braves
7.4% Green Bay Packers
6.8% Tennessee Titans
5.9% New Orleans Saints
3.3% New York Yankees
3.2% St. Louis Rams
1.5% St. Louis Blues
1.1% New Orleans Hornets

Why aren't the Chiefs a choice????????

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Ummmm....no thank you. I'm not half as witty as they guys on here.Half of us aren't half as witty as we think we are.

As for 2nd royal behind Brett, I could see Amos Otis. What about Frank White?

(I almost said Fred White)

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:29 PM

Looks like a KSU vs KU battle going on in Kansas. :cuss:

KChiefs1
07-17-2005, 03:33 PM

George Brett
Mike Sweeney
Frank White
Amos Otis

They are the only Royals to have appeared in five or more All-Star games. My vote would be Frank White though.

Lonewolf Ed
07-17-2005, 03:46 PM

It's right between California and Connecticut...

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 09:17 PM
And right back at you, slick. I can spot a Twain-hater from a f*cking mile away. Go back to moaning about your ex-wife--it's what you do best. I will say that reading your whiney posts gives me a new appreciation of Chiefs4Me, though...

:harumph:

Logical
07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Good. Then we can assume you'll shut your f*cking mouth about it.Wow the last time it started to get this way around here we started the DC Forum, what are we going to do this time?

ChiTown
07-17-2005, 09:28 PM

3.4% Jim Ryun becomes first high-school to break 4:00 minute mile (1964)
2.8% Kansas loses to Syracuse in NCAA basketball title game (2003)
2.1% Kansas loses to Univ. of North Carolina in triple-OT in NCAA basketball title game (1957)
1.8% Wichita State wins College World Series (1989)
0.7% University of Kansas defeats St. John's to win NCAA basketball title (1952)
0.5% Claflin native Jackie Stiles breaks NCAA career women's basketball scoring record (2001)

Because the National Title is tainted with the NCAA violations KU incurred afterward................just a guess

Coach
07-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Because the National Title is tainted with the NCAA violations KU incurred afterward................just a guess

That's one way of looking at it. Plus IIRC, wasn't OU a 2 TD favorate aganist KSU that game? That was the year where everyone was boasting "OU, the best team ever in NCAA history" before KSU f**ked them up.

ChiTown
07-17-2005, 09:34 PM
That's one way of looking at it. Plus IIRC, wasn't OU a 2 TD favorate aganist KSU that game? That was the year where everyone was boasting "OU, the best team ever in NCAA history" before KSU f**ked them up.

Yes, they were being touted as such before K-State exposed their weakness against the blitz on Offense, as well as no running game whatsoever. LSU picked up on that in the NCG and completely shut them down.

They were big time frauds, as is/was White

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Wow the last time it started to get this way around here we started the DC Forum, what are we going to do this time?

ROFL.....everybody needs to let off a little steam every now and then...:p

It's hot, it's summer.....people get cranky.;)

ChiTown
07-17-2005, 09:52 PM
ROFL.....everybody needs to let off a little steam every now and then...:p

It's hot, it's summer.....people get cranky.;)

and you have permanent PMS.............

KChiefs1
07-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Looks like Cardinal fans are up to no good!

3) Favorite pro team?

44.2% St. Louis Cardinals
43.3% Kansas City Chiefs
5.5% Kansas City Royals
4.2% St. Louis Rams
2.8% St. Louis Blues

4) Favorite Missouri team?

39.9% St. Louis Cardinals
37.6% Kansas City Chiefs
7.3% University of Missouri (basketball)
4.8% University of Missouri (football)
4.4% Kansas City Royals
3.6% St. Louis Rams
2.4% St. Louis Blues

KChiefs1
07-18-2005, 11:17 AM
here's the latest poll numbers:

3) Favorite pro team?

44.1% St. Louis Cardinals
43.3% Kansas City Chiefs

40.0% St. Louis Cardinals
37.8% Kansas City Chiefs

Saulbadguy
07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
FULL results:

48.9% Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma 35-7 in Big 12 title game (2003)
39.1% Danny Manning leads University of Kansas to NCAA basketball title (1988)
3.5% Jim Ryun becomes first high-school to break 4:00 minute mile (1964)
3.1% Kansas loses to Syracuse in NCAA basketball title game (2003)
2.1% Wichita State wins College World Series (1989)
1.9% Kansas loses to Univ. of North Carolina in triple-OT in NCAA basketball title game (1957)
0.7% Claflin native Jackie Stiles breaks NCAA career women's basketball scoring record (2001)

2) Favorite sport?

48.2% Football
41.2% Basketball
6.5% Baseball
1.6% Soccer
1.4% Auto racing
1.2% Golf

3) Favorite pro team?

64.0% Kansas City Chiefs
21.2% Kansas City Royals
5.1% St. Louis Cardinals
4.7% Denver Broncos
2.7% New York Yankees
0.9% St. Louis Rams
0.9% Denver Nuggets
0.6% St. Louis Blues

4) Favorite state team?

47.7% Kansas State (football)
43.5% Univ. of Kansas (basketball)
4.1% Wichita State (baseball)
2.4% Univ. of Kansas (football)
2.3% Kansas State (basketball)

5) Best rivalry?

44.6% Univ. of Kansas vs. Univ. of Missouri (basektball)
30.7% Univ. of Kansas vs. Kansas State (football)
14.0% Univ. of Kansas vs. Kansas State (basketball)
4.4% Univ. of Kansas vs. Univ. of Missouri (football)
3.3% Univ. of Kansas vs. Univ. of Oklahoma (basketball)
2.9% Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State (baseball)

6) Best homegrown product?

54.3% Barry Sanders (football)
19.9% Lynn Dickey (football)
7.0% Tom Watson (golf)
4.8% Jim Ryun (track and field)
3.8% Maurice Greene (track and field)
3.4% Walter Johnson (baseball)
2.9% John Riggins (football)
2.0% Jackie Stiles (basketball)
1.9% Lynette Woodard (basketball)

7) Best college or pro athlete?

48.2% Wilt Chamberlain, University of Kansas
28.4% Mitch Richmond, Kansas State
8.5% Gale Sayers, University of Kansas
8.3% Lynn Dickey, Kansas State
5.2% Danny Manning, University of Kansas
0.7% Lynette Woodward, University of Kansas
0.7% Al Oerter, University of Kansas

8) Best basketball coach who was born or worked in Kansas?

30.3% Dean Smith
28.5% Phog Allen
20.6% Larry Brown
11.5% Roy Williams
9.2% Adolph Rupp

9) Favorite personality or historical figure?

51.5% Dwight Eisenhower (general, politician)
17.1% Bob Dole (politician)
8.6% Kirstie Alley (actress)
7.9% Amelia Earhart (aviator)
5.7% Charlie Parker (musician)
5.5% George Washington Carver (educator)
2.9% Melissa Etheridge (musician)
0.8% Gwendolyn Brooks (poet)

10) Have you been to Kansas?

92.6% Yes
7.4% No

KChiefs1
07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Chiefs have no competition in Kansas....Missouri is a different story though.

leviw
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes, they were being touted as such before K-State exposed their weakness against the blitz on Offense, as well as no running game whatsoever. LSU picked up on that in the NCG and completely shut them down.

They were big time frauds, as is/was White

Granted, it was a great performance by K-State. They dominated OU, not just on defense, but Sproles was crazy good that game. At any rate, it's still a Big 12 Championship game. KU won a NCAA TITLE. I know that's kind of foreign around Manhattan (except in debate, of course), but they do exist. I could honestly care less, but I'd just think Kansans would remember a National Championship over a conference championship.

KChiefs1
07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
St Louis pulling away....sorry Chiefs fans.

3) Favorite pro team?

46.4% St. Louis Cardinals
41.8% Kansas City Chiefs

42.6% St. Louis Cardinals
36.8% Kansas City Chiefs

KChiefs1
07-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Here's the latest:

) Most memorable sports moment?

32.8% Royals rally to win ''I-70'' World Series against Cardinals (1985)

21.8% Mark McGwire hits 62nd home run, breaking Roger Maris' record (1998)

13.5% Rams win Super Bowl XXXIV against Titans (2000)

10.1% Chiefs win Super Bowl IV against Vikings (1970)

6.4% Cardinals win World Series against Brewers (1982)

4.4% George Brett's ''pine tar'' home run against Yankees (1983)

3.2% Bob Gibson strikes out 17 as Cardinals win Game 1 of World Series (1968)

2.8% University of Nebraska beats University of Missouri on Matt Davidson's catch (1997)

2.3% Cardinals win World Series against Yankees (1964)

1.4% University of Colorado beats University of Missouri on ''fifth down'' play (1990)

0.9% Cardinals win World Series against Red Sox (1967)

0.2% NFL St. Louis Cardinals move to Arizona (1987)

0.2% NFL Los Angeles Rams move to St. Louis (1995)

2) Favorite sport?

46.5% Football

43.7% Baseball

4.2% Basketball

2.4% Hockey

1.6% Soccer

1.1% Auto racing

0.5% Golf

3) Favorite pro team?

48.1% St. Louis Cardinals

40.4% Kansas City Chiefs

4.7% Kansas City Royals

4.1% St. Louis Rams

2.6% St. Louis Blues

44.6% St. Louis Cardinals

35.8% Kansas City Chiefs

5.8% University of Missouri (basketball)

4.1% University of Missouri (football)

3.9% Kansas City Royals

3.6% St. Louis Rams

2.3% St. Louis Blues

5) Best rivalry?

50.2% University of Missouri vs. University of Kansas (basketball)

41.7% St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs

3.4% St. Louis Cardinals vs. Kansas City Royals

2.8% University of Missouri vs. University of Kansas (football)

2.0% University of Missouri vs. University of Illinois (basketball)

42.2% Yogi Berra (baseball)

30.7% Tom Watson (golf)

8.8% Payne Stewart (golf)

5.0% Rusty Wallace (auto racing)

4.7% James ''Cool Papa'' Bell (baseball)

3.9% Bill Bradley (basketball)

1.9% Ken Boyer (baseball)

1.8% David Cone (baseball)

0.6% Carl Hubbell (baseball)

0.3% Henry Armstrong (boxing)

7) Best in-state pro career?

33.6% George Brett, Kansas City Royals

30.4% Stan Musial, St. Louis Cardinals

8.2% Ozzie Smith, St. Louis Cardinals

6.8% Bob Gibson, St. Louis Cardinals

6.7% Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals

4.9% Derrick Thomas. Kansas City Chiefs

2.0% Priest Holmes, Kansas City Chiefs

1.9% Mark McGwire, St. Louis Cardinals

1.7% Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs

1.6% Marshall Faulk, St. Louis Rams

1.1% Brett Hull, St. Louis Blues

0.7% Rogers Hornsby, St. Louis Cardinals

0.1% Bob Pettit, St. Louis Hawks

8) Best place to watch a game?

50.7% Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City Chiefs

37.5% Busch Stadium, St. Louis Cardinals

5.3% Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City Royals

2.1% Memorial Stadium, University of Missouri

1.8% Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis Rams

1.0% Sportsman's Park, St. Louis Browns

0.9% Kemper Arena, NCAA basketball

0.8% Mizzou Arena, University of Missouri

33.1% Harry Truman (politician)

28.2% Mark Twain (author)

9.8% Nelly (musician)

9.0% Brad Pitt (actor)

5.0% Rush Limbaugh (radio host)

4.1% John Goodman (actor)

3.8% Redd Foxx (actor)

3.5% Walter Cronkite (newscaster)

1.5% Dick Van Dyke (actor)

1.3% T.S. Eliot (poet)

0.6% John J. Pershing (general)

0.2% Dick Gregory (comedian/activist)

10) Have you been to Missouri?

96.5% Yes

3.5% No

Total Votes: 10,512

KChiefs1
07-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Here's the latest tonight:

31.1% Royals rally to win ''I-70'' World Series against Cardinals (1985)

22.4% Mark McGwire hits 62nd home run, breaking Roger Maris' record (1998)

13.8% Rams win Super Bowl XXXIV against Titans (2000)

11.7% Chiefs win Super Bowl IV against Vikings (1970)

6.0% Cardinals win World Series against Brewers (1982)

4.1% George Brett's ''pine tar'' home run against Yankees (1983)

3.3% Bob Gibson strikes out 17 as Cardinals win Game 1 of World Series (1968)

2.7% University of Nebraska beats University of Missouri on Matt Davidson's catch (1997)

2.5% Cardinals win World Series against Yankees (1964)

1.2% University of Colorado beats University of Missouri on ''fifth down'' play (1990)

0.9% Cardinals win World Series against Red Sox (1967)

0.2% NFL St. Louis Cardinals move to Arizona (1987)

0.1% NFL Los Angeles Rams move to St. Louis (1995)

2) Favorite sport?

47.1% Baseball

43.3% Football

4.0% Basketball

2.4% Hockey

1.5% Soccer

1.0% Auto racing

0.6% Golf

3) Favorite pro team?

51.1% St. Louis Cardinals

37.9% Kansas City Chiefs

4.4% Kansas City Royals

3.9% St. Louis Rams

2.6% St. Louis Blues

48.0% St. Louis Cardinals

33.9% Kansas City Chiefs

5.2% University of Missouri (basketball)

3.8% University of Missouri (football)

3.6% Kansas City Royals

3.4% St. Louis Rams

2.2% St. Louis Blues

5) Best rivalry?

48.0% University of Missouri vs. University of Kansas (basketball)

44.3% St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs

3.2% St. Louis Cardinals vs. Kansas City Royals

2.5% University of Missouri vs. University of Kansas (football)

2.0% University of Missouri vs. University of Illinois (basketball)

41.5% Yogi Berra (baseball)

31.6% Tom Watson (golf)

8.2% Payne Stewart (golf)

4.7% James ''Cool Papa'' Bell (baseball)

4.4% Rusty Wallace (auto racing)

4.0% Bill Bradley (basketball)

2.7% Ken Boyer (baseball)

1.9% David Cone (baseball)

0.6% Carl Hubbell (baseball)

0.2% Henry Armstrong (boxing)

7) Best in-state pro career?

33.5% Stan Musial, St. Louis Cardinals

31.8% George Brett, Kansas City Royals

7.7% Ozzie Smith, St. Louis Cardinals

7.3% Bob Gibson, St. Louis Cardinals

5.9% Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals

4.6% Derrick Thomas. Kansas City Chiefs

2.1% Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs

1.8% Priest Holmes, Kansas City Chiefs

1.8% Mark McGwire, St. Louis Cardinals

1.5% Marshall Faulk, St. Louis Rams

1.1% Brett Hull, St. Louis Blues

0.6% Rogers Hornsby, St. Louis Cardinals

0.1% Bob Pettit, St. Louis Hawks

8) Best place to watch a game?

50.1% Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City Chiefs

38.8% Busch Stadium, St. Louis Cardinals

4.8% Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City Royals

1.8% Memorial Stadium, University of Missouri

1.8% Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis Rams

1.1% Sportsman's Park, St. Louis Browns

0.8% Kemper Arena, NCAA basketball

0.8% Mizzou Arena, University of Missouri

35.6% Harry Truman (politician)

26.6% Mark Twain (author)

9.4% Nelly (musician)

8.3% Brad Pitt (actor)

4.9% John Goodman (actor)

4.6% Rush Limbaugh (radio host)

3.8% Redd Foxx (actor)

3.4% Walter Cronkite (newscaster)

1.3% Dick Van Dyke (actor)

1.2% T.S. Eliot (poet)

0.6% John J. Pershing (general)

0.3% Dick Gregory (comedian/activist)