PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking about the Broncos offseason.

WebGem
07-17-2005, 03:15 PM
ROFL

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I was about to say...

BigMeatballDave
07-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Post a link to this at the mange...

WebGem
07-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Post a link to this at the mange...
http://66.49.247.155/BB/showthread.php?t=27970

WebGem
07-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I have a good joke. Why are the Broncos the Angels of the NFL?

Bowser
07-17-2005, 03:59 PM

[crowd response] I DUNNO, WHY? [/crowd response]

RealSNR
07-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Stupid Broncos. I was at my best friend's funeral and the thought just popped into my head and I couldn't stop laughing. Everybody hates me now.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 04:45 PM

Because Pat Bowlen looks like a rally monkey?

regald
07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Don't yell and fight in a hissy fit, but the Broncos will probably give you as much of a run in your divison as the Chargers.

Keep in mind they made the playoffs last year. They got back Ian Gold, they now have one of the fastest sets of linebackers in the league. They also have incredible depth at the defensive line and Trevor Pryce back, one of the most dominateing defensive ends in the game. He's been almost as injury prone as Courtney Brown, but despite that,they now have depth.

They're improved and Shanahan expects them to compete in the playoffs, way past the Wild Card game. Don't be surprised if they do well and possibly edge out the Chargers.

luv
07-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Don't yell and fight in a hissy fit...

What do you take us for? Don't you have another fan based bulletin board to go pester?

BigMeatballDave
07-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Don't yell and fight in a hissy fit, but the Broncos will probably give you as much of a run in your divison as the Chargers.

Keep in mind they made the playoffs last year. They got back Ian Gold, they now have one of the fastest sets of linebackers in the league. They also have incredible depth at the defensive line and Trevor Pryce back, one of the most dominateing defensive ends in the game. He's been almost as injury prone as Courtney Brown, but despite that,they now have depth.

They're improved and Shanahan expects them to compete in the playoffs, way past the Wild Card game. Don't be surprised if they do well and possibly edge out the Chargers.The interception machine is there QB...

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 04:57 PM

They're improved and Shanahan expects them to compete in the playoffs, way past the Wild Card game. Don't be surprised if they do well and possibly edge out the Chargers.
Didn't they also get the vast majority of Cleveland's castoffs? ROFL

FEAR THE DENVER BROWNCOS!

Nightfyre
07-17-2005, 04:59 PM
they also got the vast majority of Cleveland's castoffs
how good can a team be who picks up the castoffs of a 4-12 team?

SoCalBronco
07-17-2005, 05:07 PM

I was feeling all happy and loving your post till i saw the name Ian Gold. :banghead:

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 05:09 PM
how good can a team be who picks up the castoffs of a 4-12 team?
Beats me. You have to have that Brownco mentality I suppose.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I was feeling all happy and loving your post till i saw the name Ian Gold. :banghead:

I must say, though, that Flemingfinger was a good movie.

WolfDawg
07-17-2005, 05:16 PM
They got the depth of a fat stupid DT who has a habit of running himself out of the play in warren, a average nobody DT in Myers, a good pass rusher who couldn't tackle me running the ball in Ekuban. And a very good DE who is great against the run but will only last between 2 and 5 games before he goes down for the year in Brown.

regald
07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Calling underachieving lineman "fat stupid DT" doesn't take away their potential. If worst comes to worst, they took a risk and gave up a 3rd round pick. That's not much of a risk for the possible upside.

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Calling underachieving lineman "fat stupid DT" doesn't take away their potential. If worst comes to worst, they took a risk and gave up a 3rd round pick. That's not much of a risk for the possible upside.
Sorry. That dog won't hunt. That's like saying Warren Sapp has the "potential" to be 185 lbs. We've also seen the "potential" of your quarterback. Nuff said.

WolfDawg
07-17-2005, 05:28 PM

You don't understand, when I say stupid I mean STUPID like as in a sack of hammers is smarter. The guy doesn't have a clue. Just wait until the first time he tries his fabulous swim move to the outside and gets pushed 15 yards behind the QB as the running back goes through a hole so big a truck could drive through it. This guy is main reason our Run D has sucked so bad the last few years. Teams ran right at him, I was not sorry to see him go.

Hammock Parties
07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
You don't understand, when I say stupid I mean STUPID like as in a sack of hammers is smarter. The guy doesn't have a clue. Just wait until the first time he tries his fabulous swim move to the outside and gets pushed 15 yards behind the QB as the running back goes through a hole so big a truck could drive through it. This guy is main reason our Run D has sucked so bad the last few years. Teams ran right at him, I was not sorry to see him go.

Bloody awesome. I'm posting this at the Mane.

StcChief
07-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Donxs off-season was unimpressive.

Having their boys practicing now for preseason sounds a little desprite by Shanny.

It might help them, I'm not hold my breathe though

Let's just let the games tell the story.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 06:20 PM

In the famous Rudd helmet game, I think they had to pull Warren out near the goal line on one drive because he committed a penalty, got frustrated, committed another penalty on the next play, and was looking even more frustrated before they came and got him.

WolfDawg
07-17-2005, 07:18 PM
In the famous Rudd helmet game, I think they had to pull Warren out near the goal line on one drive because he committed a penalty, got frustrated, committed another penalty on the next play, and was looking even more frustrated before they came and got him.

I remember he had quit a few F ups in that game. The funny thing is the end of that season, when we were playing the falcons for a playoff spot, they were on the goal line with a few seconds left and they pulled warren and put in Mckinnley.

Pitt Gorilla
07-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Provide Punchline:
What's the difference between Ron Dayne and Maurice Clarrett?

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Provide Punchline:

One is slow, and the other is... no, wait. That can't be it.

WebGem
07-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Sorry I left earlier. The answer is..

The Cleveland Busts of Denver

ROFL I know it's lame, but I made it up on my own. :D

SoCalBronco
07-17-2005, 07:57 PM
your right that was lame.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 08:23 PM

I don't get it.

SoCalBronco
07-17-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't get it.

He's sorta parodying how the Angels are now called
"The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" or whatever they are called now.

Nelson Muntz
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
He's sorta parodying how the Angels are now called
"The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" or whatever they are called now.

Thanks for explaining that one. I probably would have spent many sleepless years trying to figure that one out.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 08:59 PM

That's as lame as the Jays starting pitching. :)

Beautiful
07-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Only if they run the 9-1-1 Defense.

ChiTown
07-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Provide Punchline:

2 pounds and a bucket of shit.

SoCalBronco
07-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Actually we will be running alot of 3-3-5 this year along with the normal 4-3. The linebackers outside of Gold are very good and will do a great job. Secondary is thin so far as depth goes. Cant afford for one of the starting corners to go down. Safeties are weak against the pass. I like the line, there is some good talent in the rotation. Engelberger was a great get for almost nothing. We only need to hit on 2 of the new guys on the line for it to work.

Red Dawg
07-17-2005, 10:43 PM
The Bronco off season will be remembered as the downfall of Shanny. They have not gotten better this off season and may be worse. Very questionable players they have picked up. Dayne may very well be the worst RB in football. The loss of Hayward is huge but Gold is good and came back after he learned the market was dead for him.

Shanny can make the Browns d line good then he will truly be a genious.

Hammock Parties
07-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I like the line, there is some good talent in the rotation.

ROFL

Red Dawg
07-17-2005, 10:49 PM

I think pou over estimate them a little. I really don't see how they have gotten better. The secondary is weak except for Bailey. Lynch is not a cover man and the rest are weak as well. By no means do I mean they are weak on defense but their top sack guy left but Gold will help a ton.

Plummer is a bum and it will cost Shanny this year. The Colts laying down in the last game is why they made the playoffs.

Red Dawg
07-17-2005, 10:51 PM
They got the depth of a fat stupid DT who has a habit of running himself out of the play in warren, a average nobody DT in Myers, a good pass rusher who couldn't tackle me running the ball in Ekuban. And a very good DE who is great against the run but will only last between 2 and 5 games before he goes down for the year in Brown.

Word to your Mother!

SoCalBronco
07-17-2005, 11:40 PM
The Bronco off season will be remembered as the downfall of Shanny. They have not gotten better this off season and may be worse. Very questionable players they have picked up. Dayne may very well be the worst RB in football. The loss of Hayward is huge but Gold is good and came back after he learned the market was dead for him.

Shanny can make the Browns d line good then he will truly be a genious.

I dont think you really understand alot about the Broncos. Why are you mentioning Ron Dayne? Ron Dayne is nothing more than camp fodder. Your making it out to be a key acquisition. He is crap. He is camp fodder. He isnt going to even make the team. When the Chiefs sign some scrub, do people come over here saying, he is gonna suck? Its just a scrub camp body. The loss of Hayward is not huge at all. Hayward was never anything. He got 30 percent of his sacks against Tennessee's backup LT. He gets nothing more than 2 or 3 pressures a game. The biggest thing in your post that shows me you dont know much about the Broncos is that you said Gold coming back is "good". That's about the only thing this offseason that many Broncos fans really hate. Gold is a POS loser.

I would gladly trade Ian to the Chiefs for free. I'll give you little faggot Ian for Ryan Sims with the expectation that Sims is going to be a fatass bust cancer and ill walk away from the transaction laughing all the way to the bank.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2005, 06:17 AM
The bottom line is none of us has a true clue as to how it will work out. It could be failure or work out well. I'm guessing there were many that laughed at the offseason signings in the mid 90s (95-96).

I've seen it fail both ways... giving big money to 1 or 2 guys, or spreading it out across many. The league is littered with examples when players changed teams and turned careers around, but who knows with the former Browns.

...counting the days to week 1 kickoff...

Mile High Mania
07-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Plummer is a bum and it will cost Shanny this year. The Colts laying down in the last game is why they made the playoffs.

Why did Denver advance the prior season?

Rukdafaidas
07-18-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm not going to doubt that Denver might have improved their defense, but what I can't understand is why they're content with their offense?
They keep going after craploads of defensive players every off season and do virtually nothing to improve their offense. I thought their defense was already good, but I think they're offensive talent sucks. I can't think of ONE guy on their offense that I would like in a trade, that would be an improvement to the Chiefs offense. I guess you could say that Rod Smith would be an improvement over Sammie Parker, but Parker is the prototypical (speed/cuts) receiver for our offense, so I don't know if it would be an improvement.
Other than Rod, they're all average or below average players.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
That's a bit over the top...

Granted, KC has one of (if not the) best Olines in the game, as well as Gonzo and Holmes - two guys considered #1 by most at their position. Add in Green b/c he has really grown into a good QB.

So, saying that KC wouldn't replace any of the above with their peers in Denver doesn't exactly mean the guys in Denver suck and are below average.

Kennison did well last year, but it was the first time in a long time. Rod and Lelie would supplant any receiver on the the Chiefs' roster. Watts did better than Parker last year and they were both playing similar roles from a depth view.

Offensiviely, Denver didn't do much this offseason which was kind of odd, but I think a lot of their issues from last season - like red zone efficiency, can be fixed with the guys they have. I expect Lelie to have a huge year and will not be shocked if statically he has a much better year than Rod, and I think both receivers can top 1,000 yards and 7 TDs again. Watts has lots of potential as does Putzier.

Denver brought in depth guys like Dayne, Rice and Alexander... that's about it, so we'll see how bringing back essentially the same offense works. The offense didn't suck in 2004, so I don't see the moves (or lack thereof) on offense really being a major concern.

RealSNR
07-18-2005, 09:13 AM

Granted, KC has one of (if not the) best Olines in the game, as well as Gonzo and Holmes - two guys considered #1 by most at their position. Add in Green b/c he has really grown into a good QB.

So, saying that KC wouldn't replace any of the above with their peers in Denver doesn't exactly mean the guys in Denver suck and are below average.

Kennison did well last year, but it was the first time in a long time. Rod and Lelie would supplant any receiver on the the Chiefs' roster. Watts did better than Parker last year and they were both playing similar roles from a depth view.

Offensiviely, Denver didn't do much this offseason which was kind of odd, but I think a lot of their issues from last season - like red zone efficiency, can be fixed with the guys they have. I expect Lelie to have a huge year and will not be shocked if statically he has a much better year than Rod, and I think both receivers can top 1,000 yards and 7 TDs again. Watts has lots of potential as does Putzier.

Denver brought in depth guys like Dayne, Rice and Alexander... that's about it, so we'll see how bringing back essentially the same offense works. The offense didn't suck in 2004, so I don't see the moves (or lack thereof) on offense really being a major concern.Keep f*cking doubting t3h Fr3d-X :cuss:

donkhater
07-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Saying the Broncos have depth on the defensive line is a lot like DV the last few years saying we had good depth on the defensive line.

It was only good depth in that the starters were no better than the backups. In other words, KC had 9 mediocre players. Other than Pryce, I see the same thing for the Broncos.

TEX
07-18-2005, 10:41 AM

Denver brought in depth guys like Dayne, Rice and Alexander... that's about it, so we'll see how bringing back essentially the same offense works. The offense didn't suck in 2004, so I don't see the moves (or lack thereof) on offense really being a major concern.

Yep. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm also waiting to see what kind of an effect the new blocking rules will have on Denver's offense making it a penality now to chop a player away from the play like Foster did last year. It probably won't have that much effect cause all it will serve to do is outlaw cheap shots, otherwise known as "legal blocks" by the Denver faithful. :hmmm:

htismaqe
07-18-2005, 10:50 AM
The problems with Denver's offense will never be completely fixed until you get a real QB.

vailpass
07-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Hoping Denver's D hasn't improved looks like you are whistling in the graveyard to me. If I were you I would concentrate on hoping KC's D has improved enough to allow them to squeeze through the almost shut playoff window.
Make the playoffs, then win a playoff game, then you can think about dealing smack to all of the other teams who have actually been to the playoffs recently.

Rukdafaidas
07-18-2005, 11:25 AM

I don't think Denver's offense sucks. I just don't think they have anybody that is really good (especially outside of your system), except for Nalen and R. Smith. I'm still not very impressed with Lelie and I haven't seen enough of Watts. I see Denver's offense falling to around 20th in the league, but I may be wrong....we'll see.

Bowser
07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Hoping Denver's D hasn't improved looks like you are whistling in the graveyard to me. If I were you I would concentrate on hoping KC's D has improved enough to allow them to squeeze through the almost shut playoff window.
Make the playoffs, then win a playoff game, then you can think about dealing smack to all of the other teams who have actually been to the playoffs recently.

Please. KC has done very well against the "vaunted" 3-4 defense since Vermeil and co. have been here, even the *shudder* feared Ravens.

ChiTown
07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
The problems with Denver's offense will never be completely fixed until you get a real QB.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Of course, with their "System", you could even plug in, say............ Bubby Brister and win with ease ROFL

TEX
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Of course, with their "System", you could even plug in, say............ Bubby Brister and win with ease ROFL

Ah yes - the famous Donx "System" - Bootleg, Chop block, crack back, hold, wear vasoline, circumvent the salary cap. :hmmm:

TEX
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM

Um....and when was the last time you won a playoff game? Shoot, at least we don't GET BLOWN OUT once we make it... :hmmm:

And besides, 45-17 is worthy of smack any time, any place, under any circumstances.

Now go back to the Mane and get in a circle with your buddies and get back to getting more smack miliage out of your back to back Super Bowl titles where you hat to cheat to get them..

JohnMadden
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
And BOOM! Just like that we were wrong. It happens sometimes. Thats why I drive a bus now.

vailpass
10-05-2005, 02:27 PM
And BOOM! Just like that we were wrong. It happens sometimes. Thats why I drive a bus now.

ROFL Funny stuff.

Four games into the season it appears Denver's offseason moves were mostly succesful. They produced:

*a group of D-linemen that cycle in and out of games, keeping them fresh. So far so good here, knock on wood.

*Stud cornerback/kick returners, one of which (Darrent Williams ) is a starter and another (Domonique Foxworth ) who started last week due to Champ's injury and had an INT an fumble recovery against Jax.

*A punter who leads the AFC in avg. at 46.6 and is also a deep-kick off specialist

*Maurice "you thought Ricky Williams got screwed on his first contract" Clarett, BUST of all BUSTS as far as late 3rd rond picks can be busts.

Like any aquisition you need a full season before making definitive assessments.