PDA

View Full Version : Who here has out run the cops?

dollar1
07-19-2005, 12:12 PM
The lame thread about "I got pulled over tonight" thread gave me this idea.

I started young...Highschool. I had a psuedo sports car, a '74 Vega. Did it on occassions when the situation was right i.e. on the highway, cop had to turn around, stomp the pedal and found the first exit, zig zag through the small streets.

In college, had a Ferrio and Suzuki GSRX 750 bike. The bike was easy. I thought about putting sirens on the gas tank like WWII fighter planes. Did it with the car, but not as often.

The best occassion (or worse) was while in college in Lawrence, I was working in Lenexa for UPS. The shift started at 3:30 am. K-10 was always deserted. If I was early...100mph, on time 120mph, late 150mph. During the 6 mos working that shift, I think I saw 1-2 cops on the opposite side of the highway (See above reference for reaction). Anyway, I guess they got wise because I was too predictable. They put a radar gun on the Killcreek bridge just outside Lenexa before I would start to slow down. I didn't realize I was had until I turned into the UPS parking lot. I had seen car lights behind me before the turn, shift change and a lot of cars were coming and going. After I got in the parking lot, I look back in the mirror, there was not only car lights but flashing red and blue ones as well. :p

20/20 Hindsight, I should have stopped.

Something snapped in my head (maybe 'cause I'd done it so many times before) wheelied out of the parking lot. Next thought (besides sh*t), "got to get to a highway". As I'm flying up the outer road, another cop passes me going towards UPS. Coincidence? Another 200 yds, cop car sideways in the road, course of action...go around. Another 300 yds, two cop cars in the road facing nose to nose. Course of action...go between the noses. Coincidence? Not likely now. Still on the outer road, more cop cars...no more road blocks though. Going up on ramp, cops coming down off ramp.

Finally, I'm on 435 heading north. I was planning on heading back to Lawrence and was about to head up K-10. But all these Coincidences and it dawned on me (I didn't have a whole lot of time to think much before) they knew I came from Lawrence. At the last minute, dove over into the 435 N lanes. I have the bike Maxed now. As luck would have it, the weekend before I had installed a K&N Filter Charger Kit and Vance and Hines Headers. Additionally, I had put Octane booster in the tank the night before. Thus I was a little Gasy.

About 4 miles north, I see a car sitting in the median. Guess Who? I blew by him. Within the next 1 min, thought is "Time to get off highway". I was going so fast that each exit I saw, it was too late to get off. Finally I determined the exit and planned on a normal exit. Remember, it is dark. I try to exit off the next planned exit and to my violent surprise...IT'S A FREAKING CLOVER LEAF EXIT. How I made that, to this day haven't a clue. I believe the road was Holiday Drive. I head into town, the road was an avenue...4 lanes. I fly up that 3-4 miles. Next thought, "get off road". I spot a Quick Trip on the corner. Park the bike in back of the store, go around front....I NEED A DRINK.

As I go select a fine Coke, a cop walks into the store. He walks up to the cashier to pay for gas. I felt it might seem suspious if I loitered around while he was there, so I walked up to the counter to buy my Coke.

"So anything going on tonight?" I say to the cop.
"No, not much...except for some Fool on a Red White and Blue motorcycle. He just out ran 15 of us." The cop says to me.
"Is that so..." I says.

After the cop leaves, I start to get the Shakes. The cashier noticed my bike out back..."If that's your bike out back, in 15 min. there's going to be about 5 cops who always come in for donuts." "Thanks"

I drive the long way back home going very slow :)

Again, that's not the first nor the last but the best.

So who else has done STUPID stuff that should have killed them while out running cops?

~Back Under Rock~

tyton75
07-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow... you are one lucky sob not to be a greasy spot on the road after that chit!

good story though!

jspchief
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I haven't outrun the cops, but I have testified in a case where a kid died running from the cops on a motorcycle.

For the record, I think running from the cops should be grounds for them to shoot you.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I finally realized that after a wild ride on the Autobahn with a light rain.

Sold the bike the next week end. I would love to have another bike, but don't know if I can trust myself...STILL. :rolleyes:

~might sit out for a little bit~

dollar1
07-19-2005, 12:27 PM
but I have testified in a case where a kid died running from the cops on a motorcycle.

Yeah, I saw your post about that. I won't disagree with your thoughts. I'd done some stupid stuff as a kid, but this is almost by far the worst.

~sunning~

cadmonkey
07-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Out run them? No.

Hide down a dark street? Yes.

I blew past a cop going the other direction. I knew he was coming after me so as soon as I got past a curve in the road I knew there was a side street. I shot down the street about three houses, shut my car off and slumped over. Seeing how it was 10:30 at night andI have a black car, he didn't see me. In fact he never even came down the street.

penguinz
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
You are either a liar, an idiot, or both. ;)

Rausch
07-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Once on foot and once in a Ford Festiva.

tyton75
07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I've done the "hide" technique before... run down a dark street, turn off the headlights and use my emergency brake so as not to turn on the brake lights and give me away

redhed
07-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I knew this guy, up in Excel. Spgs.
He'd outran the cops on several occasions, and they were getting kinda pizzed at him. He'd gotten popped for speeding (again), and decided to run (again). The guy used his standard "pull into a used car lot and duck down" strategy, but had bad luck this time, as the lot was a gravel lot. The cops saw the gravel dust, and they nabbed him that time. Boy, were they not amused...

Amnorix
07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I haven't outrun the cops, but I have testified in a case where a kid died running from the cops on a motorcycle.

For the record, I think running from the cops should be grounds for them to shoot you.

We do very little tort litigation in my firm, but we have one case involving a friend of one of the partners whose daughter died when some fughead who thought he was Mario Andretti was running from the cops and slammed head-on into her.

The fughead was sentenced to 6-10. Doesn't sound bad for an unintentional killing, but he'll be out of jail before he's even 35, and she was 21 and her life is over.

Personally, I'd prefer slow death by nuthooks.

carlos3652
07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
No way I beat your story,

Once back in HS, we were by the Krispy Kream in town @ around 9pm. (Overland ParK). 4 friends, about a dime left of weed, 10 pills (x-from a cousin in Cali) driving around ready to pop some pills and go to a rave that night....

Driving an SUV we set out to go get our last and final friend.... the lights turn on, we make an extremely sharp turn onto the next road, floor it, next 2 rights, and finished in a apt complex... park the car, everyone runs in whatever direction they can and hide... cops drive right through.... waited for about 30 min... stashed the stuff by a trash can, walked back to car, waited for the rest, picked up the stuff on the way to the rave that night around 12pm...

Scary moment, I could have been deported.... (green card / not a citizen)

Amnorix
07-19-2005, 12:43 PM
I knew this guy, up in Excel. Spgs.
He'd outran the cops on several occasions, and they were getting kinda pizzed at him. He'd gotten popped for speeding (again), and decided to run (again). The guy used his standard "pull into a used car lot and duck down" strategy, but had bad luck this time, as the lot was a gravel lot. The cops saw the gravel dust, and they nabbed him that time. Boy, were they not amused...

I hope they beat his head in good.

Amnorix
07-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Just for clarity, I can't say I blame someone for a quick manuever to get away with something, but a long chase at high speeds putting innocent people in danger -- fug you.

redhed
07-19-2005, 12:48 PM
I hope they beat his head in good.

I don't know if the cops did, but I know his parents did. The kid borrowed (stole) their car, and it was his mom who told the cops to look out for him.

ChiTown
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Nah, I'm too much of a pussy to try and outrun the cops. Besides, I drive a Camry......

Amnorix
07-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't know if the cops did, but I know his parents did. The kid borrowed (stole) their car, and it was his mom who told the cops to look out for him.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL My kind of parenting exactly! Nice.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Just for clarity, I can't say I blame someone for a quick manuever to get away with something, but a long chase at high speeds putting innocent people in danger -- fug you.

Again, I won't disagree with you. I've done the "Duck and Hide" technique almost exclusively. This was the only time a high speed chase occurred.

As I also mentioned, 20/20 Hindsight...I should have stopped. They had me dead to rights.

As I also mentioned, "Something Snapped in my Head". It just happened. It wasn't like I had just robbed a bank (premediated) and was trying to outrun the law.

You are either a liar, an idiot, or both.

Color me with the ID TEN T syndrome on that occassion. :shake:

~About Done For Day~

shakesthecat
07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I hate to nitpick, but the words "sports car" and "Vega" have absolutely no business being in the same sentence.

That's like saying "she's an attractive Chiefs Cheerleader"

It just doesn't work.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
I understand and won't disagree with the NitPick.

Actually, in it's day, it wasn't that bad. Especially in High School. Two door coupe with a decent sized 4 banger. I would agree with you had I said Cheavet, Datsun B210, Pinto.

Someday I'll get a Harley and see how slow I can go.

~Back Under Rock~

BTW, The Vega got totalled 2 yrs later. My Dad did it though ROFL

Frazod
07-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Out run them? No.

Hide down a dark street? Yes.

I blew past a cop going the other direction. I knew he was coming after me so as soon as I got past a curve in the road I knew there was a side street. I shot down the street about three houses, shut my car off and slumped over. Seeing how it was 10:30 at night andI have a black car, he didn't see me. In fact he never even came down the street.
Same here. Passed a cop on Granby in Norfolk going about 25 over - he immediately locked up and turned around to come after me. I cut down a side street, made another quick turn and pulled into a driveway. I had a burgandy Cutlass, and it was dark. The prick drove right past me.

It felt great. :thumb:

StcChief
07-19-2005, 01:21 PM

Once on foot, chased 1/4 mile after halloween pumpkin smashing....

The other around went around a curve and down a side street. Parked in
empty driveway and hide.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Did you get the Shakes afterwards?

Iowanian
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
I need to think about if I want to tell these fables of this guy I know...

Whats the Statute of limitations?

oldandslow
07-19-2005, 01:25 PM
"just some good ole boys,...

never meanin' no harm..."

We miss you Waylon Jennings.

And no, I have never attempted to outrun a cop.

StcChief
07-19-2005, 01:27 PM
It was a thrilling experience.
The idea of outrunning a fat adult was the best, he didn't know our neighborhood as well as we did.

Stupid $hit when your a teen. But you never forget it.

Shakes?? alittle.

Iowanian
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
There once was a guy from...Idaho. In his wilder days, on halloween, he and a group of hooligans would gather and roam the town, wreaking havoc and unleashing revenge for sins of the past year....Sometimes harmless stuff like putting a hay bale on all the bridges in town and lighting them on fire.......sometimes, depending on how big a dick a particular teacher or Principal was.....worse.

While these knights of Justice were out, they were often pursued by the Blue Knights(also some serious penis envy of our hero and Co).

Anyhoo, this fabled character in....Idaho....was ambushed by the BlueBlockerBrigade...and a foot chase ensued.

Over invisible obstacles, through ditches, around cars, through roses and Briars.....our hero could hear the BBB gaining ground and see flashes of light(flashlight in hand)......Just as our hero was starting to think he was really fooked...........he heard the distinct clink of a stretching line on a close line, imbedding itself into the adams apple of Capt Dickhead.

The only problem, was that as the reverb of the thud of the villain hitting the ground, our hero was suddenly aware that his very recognizable and identifiable cap had been brushed off as he ducked under.....so, with catlike reflexes, our hero scurried back 4-5 steps, grabbed his cap and ran off into the night.

CoMoChief
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I was on I70 heading west from Blue Springs once and I was doing about 95 in my jeep cherokee. At this time there was a lot of construction going on, but it was at night and there wasnt much traffic at all. There was a cop hiding behind a somewhat pretty tall median and there was a concrete median block that was cut out from the rest of the wall so the cop could hide behind it but then escape out onto the freeway when they caught someone. When I was speeding I was coming up onto a semi truck when the cop started to chase me. I paniced and then decided to go faster. Woods Chapel Rd exit came up while the cop was still chasing me, I then saw the exit (I was in the left lane the semi was in the right lane) so I sped up even more to just barely pass in front of the semi to make the exit ramp just in time so that the cop had passed the exit. Then (knowing my was around BS) I took some back roads to a friends house, chilled there for an hour or two, then went on my way to my destination.

Fire Me Boy!
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Only outran one once... too fast on the Interstate, got off on the next exit and winded around little streets for a while.

But... probably the dumbest thing I ever did to a cop (although, no trouble came of it)... I double-handed flipped off a highway patrolman. Jackass pulled out in front of me so bad I locked up my brakes getting stopped. After I had the car under control, dickhead hi-po got both fingers and with the window down I screamed at the top of my lungs, "You dumb mother ****er!!!!" Then the lights turned on and he came for a chat. But... no ticket from it.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2005, 01:45 PM
our hero was suddenly aware that his very recognizable and identifiable cap had been brushed off as he ducked under.....so, with catlike reflexes, our hero scurried back 4-5 steps, grabbed his cap and ran off into the night.

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7443/indyhat0ne.jpg

TRR
07-19-2005, 01:47 PM
I blew by a cop a month or so back going 60 in a 35. It was about 4:00 in the morning. The cop was parked in a Auto Zone parking lot, and had to turn around to get me. I cranked it up to 70, whipped into a gas station, got out and started to pump gas.

The cop flies up the street going about 70...Didn't see me parked at the gas station.

I got lucky.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
"just some good ole boys,...

And no, I wasn't running 'shine either...maybe there was an equilient in the gas tank though.

~Back Under Rock~

I'll ditto you on the Luck part. Somebody was looking out for my poor stupid soul and the couragous men chasing me.

I know that there wasn't anyone injured. They found out it was me by interrogating the UPS managers. I admitted to the folly. The cops said that they were going to ticket me later and to expect something in the mail about a court date. It never came. Four months later I was in Germany.

Six years later, I got pulled over in Leavenworth for 74 in a 65 (no I didn't try to out run them). Three hours later, they finally let me go saying "You better not go to Johnson County, there is something on file about you, but we don't want to hassle with it." I hired a Lawyer to investigate, he couldn't find anything though??

~Same Drill~

Iowanian
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
In the Spirit of the Harry Potter Craze...

In episode II, Search for the Ticking manifold.....we find our hero....a character in his late teens from..Idaho.........had just been visiting the house of a petite blonde aquaintence and had decided that her services were no longer required for his adventures, as she failed teh test of the Cherry Amulette or something.....

We now rejoin this broadcast, in action....Our hero is leaving in lets imaginarily say his 1977 Olds Cutlas, with 350 rocket....its a rural stretch of hwy, no lights in sight, and 10 miles of strait run(not pondering the number of Deer in.....idaho) so he decides to see what the batmobile will do. As our hero Crowns a slight crest of a hill, he realizes he is meeting another car, and the speed-Oh-Meeter is pegged well past the top number......As he passes the oncoming light, he realizes that it must be Christmas, because imediately, he notices some red....Some some white flashing lights turn in the road. Our hero, lays further into the batmobile for the remainder of the distance to the 4 way rural intersection where he will have a choice to make. the hero chooses to cautiously go strait, selecting the Less desireable rural blacktop over the HWYs.

About half way down that road to the intersection with a Hwy......Our hero lays off the Nitro and slows to a very reasonable rate of speed. His heart sinks as he approaches and sees the County Deputy parked at the stop sign, facing his way, leaning on the door.

tic tic TIC TIC TICtictic

He says "hey Iow....Fable Character....Where you been tonight?"
"Oh, I decided to take a little country cruise before going home"
"oh..you mean you've not just come from ***eston? trooper napolean claims he saw a golden flash go by him at over 100"
"I'll be....Oh no...I uh came from a different road..how irresponsible of that person"
"The Millenium Falcon sounds a little warm....I think you'd better head it for home"

That local deputy had our hero by the Baows, but had always been an even handed and reasonable guy....and sent our Hero home into the night.

MOhillbilly
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
My Godfather ran from em for 23 years.

Prince22
07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
I've out ran the cops a few times on foot. That was in my younger crazy days. Once while taking batting practice on a few mail boxes, antoher while throwing things at passing cars, blowing up mail boxes with a DrainO bomb. Stupid shit like that. They sent the choppers after us a cuple of times but we were already inside (scared shitless) by the time they would show up. If some punk ass kid did that shit to me I'd beat the hell out of them. I stopped all that the summer before freshman year of high school. My partners in crime started stealing cars from the neighboorhood to joy ride. I drew the line there. Needless to say they're both in prison now.

dollar1
07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I had a funny feeling that Iowani...er er Mythical Man would have some tales to tell. Bet Big Daddy does as well.

I had a similar situation coming back from UPS with a buddy. 2:30 am. Same K10 Hwy. We wanted to see how fast we could make it home. Driving the Ferrio, once the speedo goes past the last number, it starts to flip all the way around ~ 120-130?

Speedo is flipping. We're grinning. Hwy is deserted. Start to come up on a big Bronco. No big deal. As we fly past...I notice a Badge on the side of the drivers door :banghead:

As you said, decision time.....no exits for a long stretch. Radio is faste than my car. Pull over. TICK, TICK, TICK, mix in some smoke coming off the engine in back.

Jump out and act real concerned that I had blown the engine. Cop said that he was on another call. Didn't have his gun on, but I did pull over. He was doing 80 as I flew by. Gave me a ticket for 74 in a 65 :p

~Got to do some work~

ChiefsOne
07-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Not necessarily out run, but blew by a few in different times and saw that I was in trouble, so I would make a few quick turns and hide.

One time me and a couple of buddies were riding around drinking and went by the cops on Main street (small town). Another buddy and myself told the driver the cops were coming and he should out run them and get back to Missouri (we were in Arkansas). Well we tried until we got to a T in the road and went straight, we tried to back up, but they were stopped on each side of us by then. Both cops knew us and asked what in the hell we were doing, we told them we were headed to MO and didn't see them. They let each of us try to pass the sobriety test (2 times each) to see which one could drive home. Needless to say we all three flunked and got a ticket for drunk in public, the drive also got a C&I.

The cops let us sober up and drove us home. They were great guys! We used to do shit to them all the time. They only got really pissed when I drove their car and hide it from them one time. Got in a little trouble of that one.

Kind of like the Dukes of Hazzard and the cops were the same!

Jenny Gump
07-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Define "cops". Once, when I was 14, my two girlfriends and I snuck out of the house around 1 am. We were staying the night with my girlfriend who lived on the campus of Central Bible College (her dad was a seminary student there).

As we strolled along on our bikes, the campus security was alerted to three "prowlers" and a chase ensued. We were victorious in eluding them. We hid out in a cemetary nearby when a cop car slowly went by, I assume looking around for us.

Ahhhh...good times. We finally made it to this guy's house, and knocked on his window. Except, it was his parent's window. We had quite an eventful evening.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
07-19-2005, 05:12 PM
When I was 17 I had a '79 Bronco, by no means a speed demon but I drove it like it was a funny car. One night coming home from a night of drinking in the country I was driving down Shaw road from Erie to Chanute (SE KS). Come over a hill doing about 95 in a 55 when bam..... there was a sheriff's deputy! This was a real narrow road so we were both basically driving down the center of the road and had to swerve like hell to keep from hitting one another. Well the road being so narrow and not much of a shoulder I knew it would take him some time to turn around before he could give chase. So I floored it and saw his lights come on in the rearview. I had the speedo pegged on this hilly ass road in a big ass 4x4 Bronco floating all over the place and could see the lights about 1/2 mile behind me and getting closer. I knew there was only way I could get away and that was through the hayfields; so I came over the top of another hill slowed down enough to put the transmission in nuetral and slammed the 4 wheel drive in. (Thank God I always drove with the hubs locked!) About the time I started to drive in the field the deputy crests the hill and zooms right by me and slams on the brakes. So off I go wheelin through the field trying to make it to the other side and to freedom. The deputy tried following for a little while but could not get very far. I ended up driving across a stream and popping out by the river on Harper road (cross road to Shaw) then went on down to 39 hiway and on home.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2005, 05:36 PM
When I was 17 I had a '79 Bronco, by no means a speed demon but I drove it like it was a funny car. One night coming home from a night of drinking in the country I was driving down Shaw road from Erie to Chanute (SE KS). Come over a hill doing about 95 in a 55 when bam..... there was a sheriff's deputy! This was a real narrow road so we were both basically driving down the center of the road and had to swerve like hell to keep from hitting one another. Well the road being so narrow and not much of a shoulder I knew it would take him some time to turn around before he could give chase. So I floored it and saw his lights come on in the rearview. I had the speedo pegged on this hilly ass road in a big ass 4x4 Bronco floating all over the place and could see the lights about 1/2 mile behind me and getting closer. I knew there was only way I could get away and that was through the hayfields; so I came over the top of another hill slowed down enough to put the transmission in nuetral and slammed the 4 wheel drive in. (Thank God I always drove with the hubs locked!) About the time I started to drive in the field the deputy crests the hill and zooms right by me and slams on the brakes. So off I go wheelin through the field trying to make it to the other side and to freedom. The deputy tried following for a little while but could not get very far. I ended up driving across a stream and popping out by the river on Harper road (cross road to Shaw) then went on down to 39 hiway and on home.

That is by far the best story in the thread. ROFL If ya can't outrun em, out-terrain em.

Electric
07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Out ran? No. I was riding with a friend that outsmarted them.

We were in a 1964 Corvair Monza Spider ( I think that's the way it goes )

FM was finishing up a coke from Smaks (old KC burger joint). He said watch this. He timed the throw and hit the passing car square in the windshield. Turns out it was one of KC's finest!!

FM hit the accelerator and we started getting out of Dodge. The cop turned around and FM knew he couldn't outrun him. He turned the headlights off and we went about two blocks turned behind an old gas station and stopped. The cop went flying by. We returned to Piper via every back road we could. I didn't see my life pass before me, but I did know it was over when the red lights came on!!

Electric
07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
I got a Halloween cop/constable story.

We were on foot, sorry no cars on this one.

Our constable was Mr. Potter, he was really old (at least to us).

We were trick or treating like most everyone else in Lansing. He was cruising down 2nd street. My best friend and I decided to try to soap his windows (that was a thing we did on Halloween in my day). We ran down the road, one on each side of the car and got all four side windows with some degree of completeness before he acknowledged that something was happening. He slammed on the brakes turned on his red light and jumped out of the car. That was the first time I'd heard some of the words he was using, pretty colorful. My friend and I split different directions and met back up at his house. We were never caught and for a few years didn't tell anyone about it. Later we figured we were pretty dumb, we could have tripped and the old guy might not have even felt the bump under the wheels. We actually suspected that he might have been asleep at the wheel. (probably not, but it makes for a good assumption.)

Now, wasn't that exciting?

Bob Dole
07-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Present and accounted for.

stevieray
07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Present and accounted for.

I believe the first part.

Dayze
07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=shakesthecat]I hate to nitpick, but the words "sports car" and "Vega" have absolutely no business being in the same sentence.
QUOTE]
...actually, one of the baddest/quickest cars I've seen was a buddy's Vega with a killer chevy 350 (400 stroker motor) in it. it was insane.

ENDelt260
07-19-2005, 10:58 PM

Now THAT's impressive.

I've never done anything illegal. Why would I need to run from the cops? Heh.

I've got a buddy who's gotten away from the cops on foot a handful of times. One time they were in the process of cuffing him and somehow he still got away.

Knew another guy who tried to outrun the cops on his bike... only, shortly after he got on the highway he noticed a circle of light on the ground around him. Knowing he couldn't outrun a helicopter, he just pulled over and waited for the guys on the ground to catch up.

Mr Grimm
07-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I've done the "hide" technique before... run down a dark street, turn off the headlights and use my emergency brake so as not to turn on the brake lights and give me away

HA HA...I remember that.

....Funny how things turn out now huh??

J Diddy
07-20-2005, 12:11 AM
A 18 year old kid a couple of weeks ago tried to outrun the cops on a motorcycle.
All because he didn't want to get caught riding his dad's bike. (helmet law is what they were chasing him for)

Hit a monster curve about a quarter of mile south of my house doing about 90.

He's dead as hell right now.

cdcox
07-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Funny thing is that KWII won't be playing in 2005, has lost untold $$$, and doesn't even have a decent story to show from it.

Mr Grimm
07-20-2005, 05:16 AM
A 18 year old kid a couple of weeks ago tried to outrun the cops on a motorcycle.
All because he didn't want to get caught riding his dad's bike. (helmet law is what they were chasing him for)

Hit a monster curve about a quarter of mile south of my house doing about 90.

He's dead as hell right now.

I have a guy in front of me right now who ran from the cops yesterday. Went across town about 3 times before they caught him.

He's been laying in the fetal position for about 6 hours now, he's beginning to whimper a little, so i guess thats a good sign.

"WELL class.....what have we learned today"??

Phobia
07-20-2005, 05:19 AM
I had a similar situation in that I used to drive 30 miles to work in 15 minutes. Never got caught, though.

I did get caught when I was a kid. I'd had a beer and was in posession of 11 more. So, I stomped on the gas as soon as I saw him. Stayed on the highway for a little bit and turned down a familiar country road. They never found me.

Saggysack
07-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Never. I don't speed, I use my turn signals and stay in my own lane. They just pass me by like I'm not even there. Can't say I wouldn't have it any other way. Last time I was pulled over was in 1998 because my windows were too dark. 5% tint all around will do that though.

Hell, I've never even been arrested, or in handcuffs for that matter. I'm a very good boy. :D

RNR
07-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Never. I don't speed, I use my turn signals and stay in my own lane. They just pass me by like I'm not even there. Can't say I wouldn't have it any other way. Last time I was pulled over was in 1998 because my windows were too dark. 5% tint all around will do that though.

Hell, I've never even been arrested, or in handcuffs for that matter. I'm a very good boy. :D
You can't be a southender! :)

Saggysack
07-20-2005, 05:39 AM
You can't be a southender! :)

heh...

I'm just a smart southender. Never could figure out how those dummies kept themselves in trouble. Well, really I can but who am I to tell them that it isn't wise to drive 45 in a 35 with a pound of dope in the car.

RNR
07-20-2005, 05:48 AM
heh...

I'm just a smart southender. Never could figure out how those dummies kept themselves in trouble. Well, really I can but who am I to tell them that it isn't wise to drive 45 in a 35 with a pound of dope in the car.
ROFL uh...err...nevermind!

dtebbe
07-20-2005, 06:28 AM
:BS:

I call BS on anyone who claims a performance increase with octane booster. Nice story though.

DT

Iowanian
07-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Looking back on what the hero of our story, and others have done....Today, I'd tell that guy in Idaho, how foolish it was...He could have hit a deer, a car pulling out of a sideroad, or run over a buggy load of Amish, who left at 2am to get their jar of pickles to the county fair.

I wonder how many people have died or been hurt because of someone not wanting a speeding or Seatbelt ticket?

morphius
07-20-2005, 07:48 AM
I have a good friend with a similar story to dollar1, only he ran all over Omaha and made it over into Council Bluffs. His parents were quit shocked when two days later, while he was at work, a swat team busted into his parents house and started confiscating stuff. The guy must have hit the judge on the right day, 'cause I don't think he did even a day in jail or anything.

Dayze
07-20-2005, 09:23 PM
:BS:

I call BS on anyone who claims a performance increase with octane booster. Nice story though.

DT
exaclty. Like the idiot at work who 'insists' on running the highest octane on his naturally aspirated Civic. I don't think they get what the octane levels do; retard detonation for cars with high compression ratios.

I do, however, use high performance anti-freeze; that stuff works.

Dayze
07-20-2005, 09:24 PM
exaclty. Like the idiot at work who 'insists' on running the highest octane on his naturally aspirated Civic. I don't think they get what the octane levels do; retard detonation/premature detonataion in the cylinders for cars with high compression ratios. Somehow I think Civic (stock) with Fart-Can has a high compression ratio.

I do, however, use high performance anti-freeze; that stuff works.