PDA

View Full Version : This Tee Ball Coach is Beyond Scum

jspchief
07-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Police: Coach told player to harm disabled 8-year-old teammate

7/15/2005, 3:17 p.m. ET By ALLISON SCHLESINGER
The Associated Press PITTSBURGH (AP) — A youth baseball coach paid one of his players to hurt an 8-year-old mentally disabled teammate so the boy wouldn't be able to play in a game, state police said Friday.

Mark R. Downs Jr., 27, of Dunbar, offered one of his players $25 to hit the boy in the head with a baseball, police said. Witnesses told police Downs didn't want the boy to play in the T-ball game because of his disability.

The solicited player hit the boy in the head and in the groin with a baseball just before a game, and the disabled boy didn't play, police said.

Downs, who is a coach with the R.W. Clark Youth Baseball League, had an unpublished telephone number and could not immediately be reached for comment Friday. It was unclear whether he had an attorney.
The assault happened June 27 at the R.W. Clark baseball field in North Union Township, Fayette County, about 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

The 8-year-old's mother asked the state police to investigate her son's injuries because she suspected Downs wanted to keep the boy off the field, despite a league rule that required each player to participate in three innings a game, said state police Trooper Thomas B. Broadwater.

"The coach was very competitive. He wanted to win," Broadwater said.

Downs was arrested and arraigned Friday on charges of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault, corruption of minors, criminal conspiracy to commit simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. He was released from jail on an unsecured bond.

Eric Forsythe, the president of the R.W. Clark Youth Baseball League, said league organizers investigated accusations against Downs before the T-ball season ended earlier this month, but could not prove that he did anything wrong.

If Downs is convicted of any crime, he won't be allowed to be a coach next year, Forsythe said.

Downs had two daughters on the T-ball team, Forsythe said.
The league isn't affiliated with Little League International

Bowser
07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
They'll love this guy in the bighouse.

keg in kc
07-19-2005, 04:12 PM
It's nice to see a reminder like this from time to time, something that says "kyle, you really aren't the lowest bastard on earth".

What a f*ckhead.

Like a kid'll stay quiet for $25. He should've given him $50. That's what you get for shorting him. Moron.

ChiefsOne
07-19-2005, 04:18 PM
The should string the fugger up by his balls and let the mental kid through baseballs at him.

Stupid people should be allowed to reproduce!

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 04:45 PM
This guy relates to the BB members who claim that the season is not a success unless the team wins the championship.

Bob Dole
07-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow. A mentally ****ed up adult male from PA.

Who woulda thunk it...

memyselfI
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Too bad the guy's 15 minutes of fame has already been made into a feature film...
http://www.ljplus.ru/img/kino_express_3/kicking_screaming_poster.jpeg

teedubya
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
wait, where is MOHillbilly?

Calcountry
07-19-2005, 05:59 PM

The Associated Press PITTSBURGH (AP) — A youth baseball coach paid one of his players to hurt an 8-year-old mentally disabled teammate so the boy wouldn't be able to play in a game, state police said Friday.

Mark R. Downs Jr., 27, of Dunbar, offered one of his players $25 to hit the boy in the head with a baseball, police said. Witnesses told police Downs didn't want the boy to play in the T-ball game because of his disability.

The solicited player hit the boy in the head and in the groin with a baseball just before a game, and the disabled boy didn't play, police said.

Downs, who is a coach with the R.W. Clark Youth Baseball League, had an unpublished telephone number and could not immediately be reached for comment Friday. It was unclear whether he had an attorney.
The assault happened June 27 at the R.W. Clark baseball field in North Union Township, Fayette County, about 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

The 8-year-old's mother asked the state police to investigate her son's injuries because she suspected Downs wanted to keep the boy off the field, despite a league rule that required each player to participate in three innings a game, said state police Trooper Thomas B. Broadwater.

Downs was arrested and arraigned Friday on charges of criminal solicitation to commit aggravated assault, corruption of minors, criminal conspiracy to commit simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. He was released from jail on an unsecured bond.

Eric Forsythe, the president of the R.W. Clark Youth Baseball League, said league organizers investigated accusations against Downs before the T-ball season ended earlier this month, but could not prove that he did anything wrong.

If Downs is convicted of any crime, he won't be allowed to be a coach next year, Forsythe said.

The league isn't affiliated with Little League InternationalSounds like he has a future in the Raiders organization, "Just win baby".

cheeeefs
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
yeah but...

did he win the game?

gblowfish
07-19-2005, 06:22 PM
This guy'll either end up as a scout for the Yankees, or working for Scott Boras.
What a douchebox.

Stinger
07-19-2005, 06:50 PM
The disabled kid and and the Kids parents shoud be able to hit the coach with those aluminum bats for a minute for every dollar the coach paid.

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 07:33 PM
The disabled kid and and the Kids parents shoud be able to hit the coach with those aluminum bats for a minute for every dollar the coach paid.

I dunno. Apparently the whole problem was that the kid had trouble making contact with his bat. Maybe we should injure him so we can bring in a kid who can hit harder.

Valiant
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM

The league isn't affiliated with Little League International

I thought this movie was being released next week, not this week...

Valiant
07-19-2005, 07:45 PM
The should string the fugger up by his balls and let the mental kid through baseballs at him.

Stupid people should be allowed to reproduce!

This is a classic post, especially the last sentence(we understood you anyways)... Just ****ing with yeah, they should allow the player to throw baseballs at him...

Valiant
07-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I dunno. Apparently the whole problem was that the kid had trouble making contact with his bat. Maybe we should injure him so we can bring in a kid who can hit harder.

I harrassed this fat chick on my coed-team so much in softball last session she did not come back for this session... In my defense this fat bitch talked about how good of a hitter she was and defenseman at third or short... She flat out sucked, and would not play catcher or first.. So I heckled her on my own team... Now we have a nice 120lb girl with a great rack, instead of a 230lb behemoth...

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 08:13 PM
I harrassed this fat chick on my coed-team so much in softball last session she did not come back for this session... In my defense this fat bitch talked about how good of a hitter she was and defenseman at third or short... She flat out sucked, and would not play catcher or first.. So I heckled her on my own team... Now we have a nice 120lb girl with a great rack, instead of a 230lb behemoth...

I'll give you $25 if you hit her in the groin with a baseball. I'm kind of kinky about that stuff.

Dayze
07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
This guy relates to the BB members who claim that the season is not a success unless the team wins the championship.
ROFL ROFL

exactly.

StcChief
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
This guy needs mental help.

J Diddy
07-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Makes me feel better.

Now I know that I wasn't the worst tee ball coach in the history of mankind. At least the fugger won't be doing it next year.

Competive tee ball. Geez.

:shake:

My kids played to win, but seldom knew the score.

Tribal Warfare
07-20-2005, 12:43 AM
They'll love this guy in the bighouse.

yeah they have their own version of tee ball in the slammer

Rausch
07-20-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah they have their own version of tee ball in the slammer

Yup.

They'll plant yer' feet firmly in the dirt and everyone on the "team" get's a shot at you.

BTW, inmates LOVE guys who victimize kids. Really. They're popular people...

luv
07-20-2005, 01:05 AM
This is a classic post, especially the last sentence(we understood you anyways)... Just ****ing with yeah, they should allow the player to throw baseballs at him...
That "yeah" should be either you or ya. Yeah is another form of yes. "Just ****ing with yes,"? Not to worry. We understood you anyway. :p

Rausch
07-20-2005, 01:08 AM
I'll give you $25 if you hit her in the groin with a baseball. I'm kind of kinky about that stuff.

I got a car payment.

Can it be any woman or does it have to be that woman?...

Rausch
07-20-2005, 01:09 AM
wait, where is MOHillbilly?

I think MOHillBTK has been working...